Windows 7 vs windows 10

Rep: (87)
Alex Klein @ 06/29/17, 16:06*
Of all the above, only fairly loaded when downloading updates.

Not only. Still, when reports on your actions are sent to the "center" (Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry process)
When something caches there (Superfetch service)
When indexing the contents of your hard drive (Windows Search service)

Also, when enough RAM is occupied, the process "System and compressed memory" begins to show inadequate activity.

By the way, the activity of Windows in terms of disk load on a laptop depends heavily on whether it works on battery or network.

Goplex @ 06/29/17, 16:34*
The site you provided can be used in mobile chrome.

It is possible, an option was made there for those who do not have Flash, but it is less obvious. In general, many construction companies still have similar functionality on Flash.

Well, mobile chrome is still not always correct in relation to ordinary sites.
I mentioned ski.ru above - this is the attempt to send a private message via mobile chrome (the editor is not loaded):
Attached Image

Periodically (I will not say that very often), but I come across a similar one.

Only Windows have to do with it?

very much to do with. see above.

HDD has long been a component that slows down the computer.
And some 7 is no exception.

Undoubtedly SSD pleasantly accelerates any OS. But on 7k and 8k you can live with the HDD. On 10-ke - it is impossible due to system processes who like to load a disk 100%

and more you can?

By the way, it is the updates most likely the reason for some mythical load on the HDD.

Superfetch:
http: //www.tomshardwar...ssive-disk-usage.html \

System and compressed memory:
http: //www.tomshardwar...roblem-fixed-ways.html

Post has been editedvasay.ru - 29.06.17, 17:13

Rep: (27)
Vasay.ru @ 06/29/2017, 16:04*
On 10-ke - it is impossible due to system processes who like to load a disk 100%
however, I live and I don’t have any 100% of the hard drive boot, unless I just install something.

Rep: (100)
Vasay.ru @ 06/29/17, 16:34*
Not only

Maybe. But visually, performance is not affected.
In the top ten, by the way, active work of the hard drive with inaction is noted. Perhaps defragmentation or something else. But once you move the mouse, the process stops.

Rep: (28)
Linux drives, works great everywhere (if not everywhere, then a lot where). Windows lays on all the computers that I had, and on many computers that I saw. It does not matter what kind of Windows it is: XP, 7, 8, or 10. Everyone lags. For example, they give errors when starting programs, there are problems with firewood or the OS gets clogged a week after installation. On Linux, everything is more stable and convenient.

Posted on 06/30/2017, 15:10:

Linux is a more interesting OS than Windows. Many distributions are available. It is convenient and interesting.

Rep: (170)
* reliable1, I just want to believe it. But no. Used these numerous distributions. I have not experienced any convenience and interest. And about the fact that any version of Windows lags, I can advise you to change the training manual, if you understand what I mean.

* Trumpo
Well, your opinion

Rep: (170)
* reliable1, like your "well, opinion."
I would also like to clarify on this occasion: "it works great everywhere (if not everywhere, then a lot where)." So everywhere, not everywhere, or where? And what does your if mean? You yourself are not sure that Lin works everywhere?

* Trumpo
Lin works a lot where

Trump @ 06/30/2017, 17:21*
I have not experienced any convenience and interest.
But what about atavism with the console ?! This is so "convenient", according to the stories of the red-eyed. Plus, thanks to digging in it, you can feel like a mega kultskhacker, and then look with disdain on everyone else as inferior.
It covers all the disadvantages, such as: inability to update the kernel without crashing the system, lack of normal drivers and work with 2 video cards, slow operation compared to other OSs, lack of software, except for the most primitive one. Well, you don’t even need to say anything special about games, so everything is clear, Steam changes little.

Rep: (215)
* reliable1 , only windows 7 and 10 are discussed here, for linux it eats related topics.

* Goplex ,
where did you get the idea that in linux you can’t update the kernel without crashing the system? if you installed buggy ubuntu or derivatives, then I deeply regret you.
there are many who ported to linux, for the rest there is wine.
most distributions provide a beautiful interface; if you don’t want to work in the console, this is not necessary.
Well, of course, if you do not install drivers for the video card (there are drivers for nvidia and AMD and intel and Via.
and krivoruko adjust the system, then of course it will work slowly
What other OS do you mean? Mac OS - unix, linux - unix like, the only other OS is Windows, not including kolibri, etc.

Post has been editedsteftim - 30.06.17, 23:11

reliable1 @ 06/30/17, 15:08*
Linux drives, works great everywhere (if not everywhere, then a lot where).

Of the 5 devices that I now have, fully Linux only works on one (and officially - there are manufacturer’s drivers and a list of supported distributions - HP Proliant. 2 processor server, which I use as a workstation), there are parallel to Windows 8.1 Pro and Ubuntu (LTS, also with Unity).
One does not work at all (HP ElitePad 900).
On one - well, you can run it, but there’s no firewood (HP ElitePad 1000).
Another 2x works partially - laptops from Acer and Sony. I use the latter to "play around" with the OS, now there is Windows 10 and OpenSuse with Gnome (the number of bugs and glitches in Windows 10 and in Gnome in shock - I’m not ready to see anything on my working machine).

Windows lays on all the computers that I had, and on many computers that I saw.

8.1 conquered me with stability (the first releases had bugs, but over time, the OS became very stable - uptime weeks without any problems).
For example, now the system has 8 days and 10 hours of uptime. Everything is stable:
(
Attached Image
)

there are problems with firewood

On Linux from much more

Goplex @ 06/30/17, 9:35 PM*
But what about atavism with the console ?!

Some things on Windows also have to be done through the console. And it is much less convenient in Windows than in Linux.

inability to update the kernel without crashing the system

Strange - did not notice this.

slower operation than other OS

Blander renders scenes under Linux about 20% faster than under Win.
The results of Geekbench 4.0.4 under Linux are also about 20% better.

Steftim @ 06/30/2017, 10:01 PM*
only windows 7 and 10 are discussed here, for linux it eats related topics.
Well, linupsoids are sore because their system is worthless and in order to justify the use of it, they always climb with their linups into all topics related to the OS, and sometimes not related.
where did you get the idea that in linux you can’t update the kernel without crashing the system? if you installed buggy ubuntu or derivatives, then I deeply regret you.
from personal experience.
I tried many different distributions. And in fact, in terms of quality of work, they are not much different from each other.
if there is no desire to work in the console, then this is not necessary.
Well, if your tasks are further than correspondence onsavagemessiahzine.comand in VKontakte do not go, then yes. For something more or less serious, a console is needed.
and krivoruko adjust the system, then of course it will work slowly
"you just don't hold it right!"
Mac OS - unix, linux - unix like, the only other OS is Windows, not including kolibri, etc.
no need to burn Mac OS to the camp of the red-eyed. This is a different OS. And yes, including her.
Vasay.ru @ 06/30/2017, 10:45 PM*
Some things on Windows also have to be done through the console. And it is much less convenient in Windows than in Linux.
not without it. But this is a huge rarity.
Vasay.ru @ 06/30/2017, 10:45 PM*
Blander renders scenes under Linux about 20% faster than under Win.
The results of Geekbench 4.0.4 under Linux are also about 20% better.
some kind of spherical tests in a vacuum.

Post has been editedGoplex - 01.07.17, 08:38

8.1 conquered me with stability (the first releases had bugs, but over time, the OS became very stable - uptime weeks without any problems).
For example, now the system has 8 days and 10 hours of uptime. Everything is stable:
([attachment = "10599321: Win8 uptime.jpg"])

I'm a sloppie

some kind of spherical tests in a vacuum.

These are my tests.

Iron was:
Intel Xeon L5520 @ 2.27 GHz 2 processors, 8 cores, 16 threads
24566 MB DDR3 in 6-channel mode

Systems
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS 4.4.0-31-generic x86_64

Geekbench 4.0.4
Linux
Single-Core Score 2088
Multi-Core Score 12563

Windows:
Single-Core Score 2027
Multi-Core Score 10561

Blender Render of a famous scene from Reisen's presentation:
Linux - 58sec
Windows - 1:11 sec

* vasay.ru,
Your tests are not fixed in any way, therefore they are spherical.
Test benchmark performance ?! Really?
Yes, and one program for rendering is not enough, it may just be better written for Linux, which is clearly not the merit of the OS.

Post has been editedGoplex - 02.07.17, 08:42

Goplex @ 07/02/17, 08:39*
Your tests are not fixed in any way, therefore they are spherical.
Test benchmark performance ?! Really?
Yes, and one program for rendering is not enough, it may just be better written for Linux, which is clearly not the merit of the OS.

Tests conducted for myself (purely out of interest), and not with the goal of proving something.

Geekbench consists of very real tasks, such as html parsing, pdf rendering, processing sql requests, archiving ...
Geekbench stores them in an online database. Here are mine:
https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/2011634
https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/1663925

Here are other Geekbench tests
http: //deasproject.alt...s-windows-performance/(there are links to the Geekbench website with the interpretation of the results in the text)

Here are other people's tests in Blender
http://pilipchenko.ru/eng/render_cycles.html

I also did a test in the Unigine Valley Benchmark - there under windows the result was much better. But under windows, the test ran under DirectX, and in linux under OpenGL

Slava733 @ 07/02/17, 12:07*
The EJ browser, with all the pros, very often lags and hangs.

And what, from your point of view, are its advantages?

I looked at him - he eats more operatives than FireFox. He can’t work correctly with background tabs (scripts on them work to the fullest). He put the Core i5 2430M with 8GB of RAM on the 46th tab ... Opera quietly digests these tabs on a tablet with Atom and 4GB of RAM

* vasay.ru,
I was convinced of the inadequacy of Geekbench even on the example of iOS and Android, where the bucket is so fast, and iOS in practice makes it fast.
Also garbage with linups. An elementary browser opens longer on linups, it is much more important than some kind of spherical tests.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 15:06