GPD Pocket - Discussion | [umpc] UMPC & MID, 7 "/ Intel x7-Z8750GHz / 8GB RAM

Rep: (109)
DiscussionGPD Pocket - Discussion
PictureGPD Pocket
Description |Discussion пїЅ | Purchase В»| Accessories В»| Firmware В»| A source of information

Attached Image

Specifications:
CPU Quad-core processor / Quad threading 1.6GHz
Intel HD Graphics GPU
RAM 8GB
Storage 128GB
Touch Display 1920 Г— 1200,7 inch, 323 PPI, IPS technology, Retina
Screen Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Dimensions 180 x 106 x 18.5mm
Weight 480g
Ports 3.5mm headphone jack, Micro HDMI, USB Type-C 3.0, USB Type-A 3.0
Connectivity Bluetooth, WiFi

Video (reviews and repair):

Useful:
How to reinstall the driver: Original in English
Saved version of the page with instructions:GPD Pocket - Discussion (Post by arkhipkin # 77640251)
Links to all versions of BIOS: Github Official site
Links to drivers: GPD Pocket - Discussion GPD Pocket - Discussion (Post ufoer # 63095162)
Plugin to control the cooler (after reinstalling Windows): https://github.com/t-miyake/PocketFanController GPD Pocket - Discussion (Post ufoer # 65013090)
Cooling Modification: link
Reinstalling Windows: link
Reddit section: Reddit'e
Battery Calibration and More: GPD WIN !!!
The official Linux distribution: link update2
UBUNTU 16.04 U DISK INSTALLATION STEPS.PDF https://mega.nz/#!1j5m…M1cwMbfB6oyUq1pc9_6-CA

Accessories:
Multiport hub that supports simultaneous charging: dodocool 7-in-1
HP Elite x3 Lap Dock

Problems and solutions:
Various useful tips in setting up (a lot applies to our device): GPD WIN !!!
Disabling the hall sensor (closing the lid) in case of problems with it: Device Manager / Device Manager, find the list of system ACPI Lid (cover, that is) and change the driver to Microsoft / Volume Manager (when selecting a driver, you need to uncheck the appropriate driver, after which a list of companies and drivers will appear, where you choose Microsoft / Volume Manager)
Also, who has the problem sensor - the manufacturer sends for replacement when requesting mail [email protected] Video with replacement:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w9Eh8I41co
Link to the experimental BIOS with disabled waking up when opening the laptop lid (and, accordingly, if the sensor responds falsely):https://mega.nz/#!z59V…gO87pgFLLbARA0YyTVaHq8
The problem with turning in some games: GPD WIN !!!
The process system with the dispatcher open loads the system: Control Panel->Programs->Enable or disable Windows components and remove daws on all unnecessary components
Sometimes in sleep mode when the Wi-FI is turned on, the device reboots or does not wake up, then the Broadcom adapter shows a critical error in the logs: In the properties of the wi-fi adapter, change the Minimum Power Consumption parameter to disabled, if it does not help, then through the settings in the extended BIOS ( GPD Pocket - Discussion (Post by Serrj # 70656105)
The problem with strong heat when charging: Update bios (links in the corresponding section of the header, unlocked, you can take here ), put all modes in power efficiency and turn off fast charging.
problems with sound, the headphones popped until you merge the plus and the sound in the headphones is distorted (the music seems to be pinched at a very low bitrate): Update need Realtec i2s Audio codec here )

Post has been editedarkhipkin - 12.04.19, 10:13

Hello! I took the liberty to create a theme for such an interesting device)

I am one of those 6.5k people who paid for pre-order and are looking forward to the summer to receive)
I dreamed about such a device for a long time, but at the time of school and university I could only afford to lick at devices with a price of 1-2 kilobax, and then all those models that I once dreamed of were simply morally obsolete.
For example, in recent years I have acquired Nokia 9300, the Sony Vaio P subnote, and even the exotic and little-known OQO model 02 (as many as two copies) over the past few years. They have been resold in the result after our Avito :)).
But having played around with all these gadgets, I very quickly realized that all the same they were already morally obsolete and didn’t draw even the simplest everyday tasks ...
Although I am not a demanding user: I don’t play games, I don’t edit photo-video, I use devices for browsing, video, office and work (SQL and Visual Studio with non-resource-intensive projects for SSRS, SSIS and SSAS + RDP to the server). All of this is successfully handled by my current Lenovo ThinkPad 8 tablet (LTE / FullHD / Atom Z3795 / 4gb RAM), the only drawback of which for me is the lack of a hard coupling from a physical keyboard. I'm talking about personal everyday use, since there is certainly a service Dell XPS-15 with a top-end i7, 16gb RAM and 4k screen, but it’s hard to carry it around constantly.
Therefore, I always wanted something like a subject ...
For a long time, I looked closely at GPD WIN, the progenitor of the package, but its characteristics are similar to my Thinkpad, and the screen is still too small to work as an independent device.
And here they announced a pocket, with the same characteristics, but a large screen and a solid appearance. I was still looking closely, since the iron was essentially the same ... I was thinking of taking a Lenovo Yogabook ...
But on the day when they increased the size of the RAM from 4 to 8gb for the same 400 bucks - I did not get tired and paid for the order)) so now I am looking forward to my device)
Well, the problem of 7 inches in a situation when this is not enough, I plan to solve with a portable USB monitor Asus MB169b +. Moreover, it has already been bought, a very useful thing, comes in pairing with the current Windows tablet and, I hope, with a smartphone on the android (it’s quite convenient to read the pdf-ok in conjunction with the power bank) on short vacation

I am glad to see everyone waiting for the subject and not only

Rep: (2)
I looked at the GPD Pocket keyboard, and realized that it was terrible.

And he set himself the task of developing a keyboard in 7 "the size of a GPD pocket, suitable for more or less human work, with a minimum of compromises.
So that you can comfortably write texts, including code, and work with the command line.
And that's what I got:
Attached Image

The size of the image is adjusted in such a way that on a 24 "1920x1080 screen it will be displayed in full size.

Remarks:
- It is impossible to refuse vertical Enter, otherwise in the third row there will be an empty space on the left, and the rows of keys will shift.
- The Ins button, which is used infrequently, is too far away. MB replace it with something?

Compromises:
1. CapsLock is not needed (fn-Shift), instead of it set Tab. The controversial decision, but better than giving the car seat CapsLock key.
2. Tilde had to sacrifice - she went to the end of the line, to BS. Used rarely, because Accuracy on touch by numbers is more important.

Dark_Fire @ 05/07/17 00:20*
I have the same complaint about your keyboard as the original one - the W button. The location is simply unacceptable. And when typing blindly, it will be inconvenient and not to play the shooters normally ... You need to remove the vertical Enter and move the QWERTY row one key to the right

It will look ugly, though, m. and more convenient.
Attached Image

Thirst for comments.

Post has been editedJabberwock_RU - 07.05.17, 12:23

Rep: (64)
* Jabberwock_RU
I meant something like this:

Attached Image

I moved the E button with a tilde to the beginning of the digital series, the QWERTY series shifted to the end to the right, added a separate caps lok to the Taba place, and Ta himself sent higher into the resulting void after Qwerty offset. Such a keyboard would suit me ...

But at the same time, the whole part is shifted under the right arm, and much stronger.

In any case, both are much better than the original GPD keyboard. In general, the situation with keyboards on laptops, even if not so extremely small, is terrible.

Rep: (29)
For a long time, I looked closely at GPD WIN

I also thought about Pocket, but I bought Win. Do not quite understand what, in your opinion, Pocket is better? Those. If it's 8 GB of memory, is it not better to buy a small non-Chinese laptop? Not Chinese because Win is full of jambs and marriage. The same will be in Pocket. I would not buy Chinese if there was at least some other "pocket" alternative. Although I still work and (pah, pah) without fail.
Those. My logic is this - if you need exactly a pocket device, then you need to make pocket control the main principle of choice, and not something else. In my 500 grams too much for a pocket. The years he used Sony p (vgn-p31zrk) so I know what I'm saying. Yes, and (oddly enough) joysticks, etc. Win more convenient trackpoint a la Sony p.
Ie, what, in your opinion, Pocket is better? I'm not in the sense of a dispute (Pocket can buy one too).
P.S.And Win ports are conveniently located. Do not interfere with the tablets on the W. And where are they at Pocket? From the side, or what?

Post has been editedJohnCr2 - 07.05.17, 19:50

JohnCr2 @ 05/07/17, 19:34*
Do not quite understand what, in your opinion, Pocket is better?

compactness + less normal keyboard. on WINE, it will not be possible to type quickly and conveniently (as the menu seems), on the bag, it is almost the standard size of keys and I think that by getting used to the layout, it will be possible to work fluently on the way without connecting additional keyboard

If it's 8 GB of memory, is it not better to buy a small non-Chinese laptop?

for example, what? I do not see analogues. all the rest is either much more, or tablets without a rigid coupling with a keyboard (and even more and much more expensive if with the same 8 gigs of RAM and from normal non-Chinese companies). For me, the only analogue in the form factor is the Sony Vaio P mentioned above, but they still have outdated hardware, which I personally cannot use

Those. My logic is this - if you need exactly a pocket device, then you need to make pocket control the main principle of choice, and not something else. In my 500 grams too much for a pocket. The years he used Sony p (vgn-p31zrk) so I know what I'm saying. Yes, and (oddly enough) joysticks, etc. Win more convenient trackpoint a la Sony p.

Yes, I do not need a pocket device to carry it in my pocket in the literal sense of the word. Ryuksza or bag is almost always with me. I am impressed with the most compact device possible, but it’s still relatively conditionally comfortable to work on it (sometimes holding it in my hands or transferring it from place to place).

I just don’t see any pockets for my desires

ps Added links to a couple of interesting video reviews in the header

on VIN will not work quickly and conveniently to print (as menk seems)

Klava in Vin is for two-finger printing (like Sony U280p sliders, etc.) and is not centered, which is a minus. According to my feelings, it’s easy to print a sentence, a paragraph is more difficult, it is unlikely to get a larger page (I didn’t even try). But really something, and clav (if you suddenly need to print it on a pocket beech) is enough. Even folding. But is it better to clave to Pocket - the question. It is similar in size to the clave on the UH900. I didn’t have it, so I can’t say what and how, but nobody wrote in reviews and personal opinions that it was convenient. And they wrote that it was not suitable for printing with two hands. Sony P is unique in this sense (but there is a 24 cm keyboard). For work, it will come down even now, but it has 2 drawbacks - weight and short battery life.
Those. if you carry a beech in a bag, it is better to take something like (!) on the Aspire S7. I am not aware of tech. of the moment, but you need to search among businessbook ultrabooks with a 10-11 "screen.
And if you carry in your pocket, then Pocket is heavy (well, the fact is). I do not know where this demand is for him. Its counterparts were before - Fujitsu UH900, Everun Note 7 .., but I did not read that someone admired their convenience in your sense.
In general, when Pocket comes to you, I will be glad to know your opinion.

Rep: (0)
Comrades, and who can clarify something for such a resource?http://www.gpdpocketpc.ru/kupit-gpdpocket

Obviously, a certain smart kupchik hurry up, picked up raw pockets at the price of a kickstarter and will sell with a double mark-up.
With you was Chaplain Obvioso.

Better look here.
I made a test version of a hypothetical keyboard for a package in the right size, measured it out on a ruler.
Scripted it and tried to print it. It turns out to print as many as six or even eight fingers, so that the size of the buttons in order.
For comparison, next put a button on a full-sized desktop keyboard.

It turns out quite a convenient option, except for unaesthetic empty spaces along the edges of a qwerty row.

So why on small notebooks always disfigure the keyboard?

Perspectives:
- if gpd poket soars, it will have competitors. I will throw them my layout.
- it will be possible, with a great desire, to release an alternative keyboard on the same kickstarter for gpd poket, for russia and europe (with all sorts of seats and umlauts).

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedJabberwock_RU - 09.05.17, 14:35

for example, what?

I looked in the internet. Here, for example, VOYO V1 4G or DELL XPS. The second is expensive, but you can search for used. They are bigger, of course, etc., but more comfortable for work. For "many, many years," I had to work with small beeches (ThinkPad 500, Toshiba Portege 3110, SONY P different models ..) and so far my opinion is that the average between a pocket and a bag is beech is not something that solves all problems, but this is neither.

For my tasks, the less - the better, but with the condition of a human keyboard.
Now I use netbook + ipad. Netbook looking for a replacement, because it is slow and big - 10 ", and weighs under a kilogram.

The fact is that I travel often, and every gram of weight I save has a meaning for me.

Typical examples of tasks:
- process ravki from the camera, part of the throw on the home FTP, put some of it somewhere.
- medium-sized work in Photoshop. I can tolerate a small screen size, but the low resolution is much worse. and yes, I adapt myself to a 10 "netbook and I feel comfortable enough on it, I think, 7" will also be fine.
- small portions of code.
- to do some small freelance work logo level.
- something (code, graphics, whatever) remotely repair or fix.
- write the text, kilobytes so ten.
- remote control of a home computer or other servers (the tablet can do it, but the laptop does it better)
et cetera, et cetera.

GPD could do it all. At the same time a pound of weight, and fits in my pocket (I have big pockets).

Post has been editedJabberwock_RU - 12.05.17, 20:16

Rep: (9)
Friends who are from Ukraine? Tell me how you order to not pay customs clearance through customs?

Jabberwock_RU @ 05/12/17, 17:03*
small works in photoshop

Work is definitely not for GPD WIN. I would not be able to carry it out on the 7 "Pocket display. You can spoil your eyesight. But the VOYO with a built-in 4G modem with a weight of 795 grams, sizes 25x18x1.3 and 10" screen (and a price of 20 tr. Per iBay) for such work fits better.
At least, you need to think a hundred times before choosing from them.
Here is for WIN another range of tasks with the main idea (if not playing) "The laptop that is always with you." He put on his jacket - he was in a jacket, took off - he was in his shirt pocket. It is better not to put it in the bag because it is difficult to find there.
Those. the ability to not only receive information at any time, but also to instantly respond to it (by analyzing) that similar devices on other OSs do not yet allow. Financial markets, for example.
But Pocket - I do not know. I will conclude to buy it or not only after one of the owners gives an opinion about it on the fact, and not from assumptions. If the keyboard is normal, if you can build in a modem .. Then yes.

The work is not large, you can be patient for half an hour, but 10 "vs 7" is half a kilo of weight, this is a lot. Voyo also noted. I also look at the tablets on the dock with the keyboard and GPS.

Klava in my form would be good, but what is - horrible, this is a plus in the direction of Voyo. And Voyo also has a stylus, which is also a big plus. If he still had FullHD, so that more paneles of Photoshop would fit in, there would be a whole hurt.

Post has been editedJabberwock_RU - 18.05.17, 19:41

Rep: (4)
He also looked closely at him, something like he had long wanted to see with win10, compact, with clave. To read, communicate on forums / social networks, outline / edit code, make outline in the music sequencer (physical keyboard, so you can fill melodies and rhythms, I don’t like the touch screen due to the lack of contact with the pad), in general, how addition to the main working laptop, which you don’t always want to get, and you can’t complete all sorts of tasks on your smartphone. And he got this Pocket anywhere, and thanks to the small size and keyboard, you can be productively on the go, at a party, at least on the toilet, what you need to do. And you should not carry it in your pocket, but in some kind of a waist, chest bag, where the rest is junk (including a bank with which you can pocket your pocket), well, or in a backpack.

Confused by several things: the lack of 4G (!), The problem with the keyboard (as already described above, and on YouTube there are a lot of dissatisfied after the prototype was shown), the inability to turn it into a tablet (minimize the keyboard to the screen, which causes problems then touch screen ), as well as the issue of ports. In general, there are still doubts, but I still want to. I’m upset that you can’t turn it into a tablet, there is a feeling that it’s “neither there nor here”, especially because of the keyboard (encoders will understand). Frankly speaking, it’s not an oligarch, the ruble exchange rate is still in shock, so there’s no need to buy any “toys” for a long time, it’s just really necessary, so the question of whether the device really needs a Pocket type still exists.

By the way, WIN 2 is planned (developed written on YouTube in the comments). It is clear that the memory increase as a minimum.

Post has been editedlg optimus - 12.06.17, 06:03

began to send orders, somehow in raznobroz on order numbers. My apparently not yet sent.
Some have even reached, I saw 4 different comments on the campaign page - 2 super satisfied, 2 expressed some dissatisfaction (one has something with a keyboard, another has a loop like hanging)} -)

looking forward to my: sveta:

Rep: (43)
Already the Russians have gone, my probably will go straight to the flea market, the last six months has changed a little, I'm afraid it will be uncomfortable.
Well, let's see ..

Received your: happy:
I have not found any defects yet, I will update and install the software

Rep: (5)
And have anyone already pasted stickers with Russian letters and symbols? It is interesting to see how it will look, if the keys for stickers are not too small. And I wonder whether it is convenient to print in Russian on such a keyboard.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/01/19, 08:15