> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi Mi5S Plus - Unofficial firmware
Your favorite custom firmware
What firmware on Android Pie do you use on a regular basis?
No, there are no good firmware on Android 9 yet [ 12 ] ** [11,54%]
No, I'm not chasing the Android version [ 5 ] ** [4,81%]
Syberia os [ 37 ] ** [35,58%]
Havoc OS [ 6 ] ** [5,77%]
Lineage OS 16.0 [ 20 ] ** [19,23%]
Bootleggers rom [ 1 ] ** [0,96%]
Resurrection Remix 7.0 [ 4 ] ** [3,85%]
Pixel Experience [ 8 ] ** [7,69%]
AEX 6.0 [ 5 ] ** [4,81%]
I am constantly reflashing [ 6 ] ** [5,77%]
Do you have a custom kernel?
I do not get the point of it [ 66 ] ** [63,46%]
They are all buggy [ 9 ] ** [8,65%]
Floppy kernel [ 3 ] ** [2,88%]
Kernelx [ 8 ] ** [7,69%]
Active Kernel [ 6 ] ** [5,77%]
Worth (other) [ 9 ] ** [8,65%]
Total votes: 104

Rep: (335)
Xiaomi Mi5S Plus - Unofficial firmware
PictureNatrium, Mi5S Plus
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modification and decorations пїЅ | Mi Account пїЅ | Bootloader unlocking пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ

Attention! There are no telepaths in the subject! Please post your problemanswer these questionsso that we can help you. And before you ask a question, examine the cap and use the search on the topic!

Important information

You install the firmware at your own risk, forum participants are not responsible for your actions and their possible consequences!

Drivers and Utilities
пїЅ Xiaomi usb drivers
пїЅQualcomm Driver
пїЅQDLoader + HS-USB + Driver
пїЅFlasher toolkit v4 - TWRP ZCX-3.0.2, custom TWRP.
To support OTA updates in the firmware where they are provided, use the latest official TWRP.

TWRP
пїЅ Official TWRP (preferably using the latest version)
пїЅFlasher toolkit v4 - TWRP ZCX-3.0.2, custom TWRP.
пїЅRed Wolf Recovery Project [Canceled]

Firmware
Official firmware -green.
Informal -yellow.
Black - dead (no support).
Project Treble • Android 8.1 •
Installing Project Treble
Firmware
Without bugs:
пїЅRessurection remix 6.1.0from 11.07.18 and older
Problematic (due to bugs in Vendor):
I give a general link to the XDA-compilation of all firmware, later separately lay out.

Magisk for Treble

Android 9.0 Pie
AEX 6
XDA

Mokee os

Lineage OS 16.0

Syberia OS -support discontinued

Bootleggers rom

Resurrection Remix 7.0

Havoc OS

Pixel Experience

Android 8.x.x Oreo
Old firmware based on Oreo havebug with multitouch .

And herefix

If you have problems with GAPPS 8.1.
Lineage OS 15.1
пїЅOfficial experimental version
пїЅUnofficial version "
пїЅGAPPS
Bugs

пїЅcamera does not work;
пїЅThe type of mobile network is not always shown: the Internet is there, but there is no indicator;
пїЅproblems with memory access
пїЅGoogle Services fall into error.
пїЅA2DP - does not work.
• incorrect multitouch work
пїЅVoLTE - not working
пїЅSELinux - only permissive
• mediocre quality of shooting.
пїЅLiveDisplay and Kcal - do not work
The main ported features that were on previous versions.
Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

• Project Treble •
Ressurection remix 6.1.0
Build dated 07/11/18, and older, - Project Treble. Younger - ordinary rom
Post with information
Magisk for this firmware:

Ressurection remix 6.0
From theOriginalSuperI2 - 06/10/18
Download
XDA thread
Irrelevant assemblies from other collectors
From NexusPenguin - 03.04.18
From jpg3927 - 22.02.18
Bugs
пїЅHard button backlight does not work
пїЅproblems with the front camera

Mokee

Dotos 2.1

ToxycOS 2.0

Pixel Experience 8.1.0 (official, new)

Pixel Experience Unofficial

AOSP Extended

CrDroid v4.4

Cardinal AOSP

Android 7.x.x Nougat
Flyme 6
Flyme 6 - the stereo camera mode does not work (working only on 6.0.1).

Lineage OS 14.1

Ressurection remix n

Mokee

AICP 12.1

Nexus Experience
GAPPS not required

Site
Download build
Feedback

Viper os

Paranoid Android 7.3.1 (AOSPA)

AOSP Extended

Colt os

Carbon ROM

Atomic OS

Cypher OS (AOSP)

Hydrogen OS 3.0

Tipsy OS

AOKP-N

Hexa-project

Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Flyme 6 Marshmallow
Post with information - it works quite normally.Minuses: no Russian. Plus: the stereo mode for the photo works.
GAPPS required (ARM64, 6.0.1)

Kernels

Firmware / Modems New!

GAPPS

Instructions

Useful

For filling / editing caps, please contact Anton Sorokin at QMS

Post has been editedAnton Sorokin - 27.05.19, 14:39
Reason for editing: Mokee OS

Rep: (4)
I will repeat my question here. At the official LOS build, wifi 5GHz stopped working for me. The network sees, but can not connect. Please check with yourself. Plus, the battery is noticeably faster compared to the March assembly.

* SupRo1 , in assemblies at the end of April, everything worked fine. I have at least.

i76Lexus94 @ 05/05/2017, 22:32*
* SupRo1 , in assemblies at the end of April, everything worked fine. I have at least.

Informal los also worked. I stitched the official and stopped. Now checked the same problem on RR

Rep: (17)
SupRo1 @ 05/06/2017, 01:35*

Informal los also worked. I stitched the official and stopped. Now checked the same problem on RR

I remember on the nexus 5 in LA-like firmware in the advanced wifi settings you could tweak the wifi frequency band. I did not find such a setting on mi5s + in RR. In the official line either?

In the meantime, it's time to write a review about the officialRessurection remix.
As of the assembly of May 2.

Everythingpros relevant from of this review about Lineage : both NFC and most hardware capabilities, download and operation speed, background work - all at the same high level.
What frompositive sideshave I noted yet?
Here's what:Autonomy !
Suddenly, but unlike Lineage OS, RR is doing well and "from the box "produces slightly better results than any MIUI subspecies" from the same box ". See usage statistics under spoiler."Not sexyautonomy "
In addition, here Substratum works correctly, without causing falls.

Not sexyAutonomy
Autonomy when surfing the web
Attached Image

Attached Image

Autonomy with games
I can not imagine any ideally accurate data that could say that the device can withstand so much when playing such a toy continuously and so much when playing that game.
That's what happened with the 1.5 hours of the game in TWD S3 + web surfing
Attached Image
Attached Image

Considering that the game is disgustingly optimized for mobile platforms, and with the scarcity of gameplay and graphic delights, it manages to work with creaks and friezes on medium hardware, and the top configurations are the necessary minimum - the battery discharge values ​​may well be indicative. Although, of course, much depends on the particular game. This is some generalization.

The bottom line is that with different usage scenarios from gaming to a simple web and from their hybrids, we can count on 4-7.5 hours of the screen "from the box "without setting up energy saving.

What up cons?
First, the camera: the quality of the pictures leaves much to be desired. If the camera on MIUI does not demonstrate anything outstanding, then it just hurts. We hope that the open source will help developers to finish their hard work.
Secondly - synthetic tests or performance. Here is the question: Antutu gives out rather scanty values:
Attached Image

Feels like games: performance has not decreased, but it is difficult to explain such a low number of parrots.

Again, the recommendation is repeated: the firmware is not suitable for those who want to take pictures of acceptable quality.

P.S.The question of Wi-Fi operation with 5 GHz networks remains unclear. I will try to investigate the problem on myself, and the review will be supplemented.

P.P.S. in this case, if you delete the config responsible for thermoregulation, the values ​​will be like this:
Attached Image

In this case, the heating will be significant: up to 50 В° C, which is bad.

Post has been editedi76Lexus94 - 07.05.17, 12:42

Romario_Agro @ 05.06.17, 09:57*
I remember on the nexus 5 in LA-like firmware in the advanced wifi settings you could tweak the wifi frequency band. I did not find such a setting on mi5s + in RR. In the official line either?

The region can be changed, but it does not help. I tried changing channels, channel width, 11n mode bkb 11a on the router. Nothing changes. The network sees, but does not connect. I use while 2.4GHz.
Also podzhuzhu* i76Lexus94, RR made a very good impression on me, decided to leave it instead of naked LOS.

Rep: (8)
* SupRo1 ,
Decide what is better for the points.
What does naked los mean? Gaps? They are separately placed. Autonomy?
If we compare it to miui, then autonomy was better on ms, but navigation and trackers either worked incorrectly or not at all.

Decide what is better for the points.
What does naked los mean? Gaps? They are separately placed. Autonomy?
If we compare it to miui, then autonomy was better on ms, but navigation and trackers either worked incorrectly or not at all.

Naked LOS implies that RR is also essentially Lineage OS but with a bunch of settings. I liked that the default is pixel launcher, it seemed that the autonomy in standby mode is higher. Los I often woke up with the program collection. But in principle, compared to miui, both firmwares are about the same and both are, in my opinion, ready for everyday use. On los I sat in March.

Post has been editedSupRo1 - 06.05.17, 15:58

Rep: (8)
* SupRo1 ,
After flashing the second time with the gaps in turn, when you first turned on, 2 launchers were offered, one of which was a pixel of it. I appreciate the autonomy of the miui without mobile data, which is probably not quite correct;

* ifreezes,
I cannot adequately compare with miui, as it causes me to say the least, not pleasant associations. It seems to me sorry for a parody of ios with android sticking out from everywhere, which the Chinese could not even disguise in design.

Rep: (18)
Guys who play tanks like performance? And please skip the screenshots of the available settings in the kernel or how it is.
Plus I will not hurt.

* HAIGER ,
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editeddevserg - 07.05.17, 18:51
Reason for editing: spoiler

Rep: (18)
* i76Lexus94, The intensity of the vibration seems to be small, but I am terribly enraged by mystic. Finally I can fix it.

* HAIGER As for tanks, it’s not a player, but he did, he spent a couple of battles. At the maximum maximum settings -60fps.

Rep: (6)
Hello everyone. I’d add some more info on how to update the RR and the moose, I think the necessary information would be.

* maksimum737 , update the "right" - no way. If Los or PP is already standing, then you simply download the new assembly, roll in from above. For prevention, you can cache / delvik wipe.

Rep: (1145)
* i76Lexus94,
And i will subscribe

I understand that the off line will be updated once a week ...

Post has been editedMan1zzz - 07.05.17, 16:06

Rep: (2320)
M
We move to subsectionXiaomi
Fruitful discussion!

Rep: (7)
Put the RR - Waffle on 5GHz works. The firmware flies) works better than the ruler

Rep: (9)
By the way, the default speed is cut at 2.4 GHz
In the /system/etc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini file you need to find #channel Bonding and there below gChannelBondingMode24GHz and gChannelBondingMode5GHz- you need to do both 1.
Even if the speed starts to fall strongly at a great distance from the router - uncomment and twist gTxPowerCap. I put 80. After everything from the corridor to the corner of the room, it’s not 5-12 Mbit, but 30+, when ideally 60+
After updating the firmware file is reset, you can save.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/05/19 5:26 PM