Xiaomi Mipad - Porting Ubuntu | Ubuntu Desktop for Xiaomi Mipad 1

Rep: (1045)
Xiaomi MiPad - Porting Ubuntu
Attached ImageMOCHA / mocha
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Ubuntu touch пїЅ | Ubuntu desktop пїЅ

• The administration of the resource and the authors of the manuals for the erroneous or incorrect actions of the owners with their device are not liable
  • All operations with your device, You do at your own risk.
  • Sure tomake a full backup before any manipulations with the device!
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Drivers and Utilities

Firmware and images
05/02/2017: The first beta build of Ubuntu, from myself I can add: do not update the system with automatic updates. User ubuntu password ubuntu.
1) The touchscreen works only for those who have atmel touchscreen, synaptic does not work.
2) With some probability it may not be possible for some of the Display to work, because we also have 2 of them (In the kernel code), but the existence of the second is not proven.
GDisk 02.05.2017 L4T R24.1 (latest arm 32bit)
IDisk 02.05.2017 L4T R24.1 (latest arm 32bit)
GDisk 03.12.2018 L4T R24.1

Recovery and Multirom

Installation Instructions
Installs only in Multirom TWRP Recovery.
1. Install TWRP Multirom and a kernel with Kexec-hardboot support.
This item has been raised many times in the topic of custom firmware. Look there, if you do not understand, then do not put it better, you will find only more problems.
2. Installmrom Firmware

Configuration and Setup
While empty, share your work - add.

useful links

Screenshots and reviews

Current performance
Works:
[+] Wi-Fi
[+] Hw video
[+] 2D
[+] 3D
[+] Touchscreen atmel
[+] Battery
[+] USB HUB (keyboard and mouse work here, USB drives do not work )

Does not work:
[-] Touchscreen Synaptic
[-] Sound
[-] Camera's
[-] BT
[-] TouchScreen buttons

Cap updates
05/02/2017 The first public build

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 10.05.19, 18:28

Rep: (150)
* DbIm4ikO, We will try. How is performance?

melyalol @ 05/02/17, 11:29*
How performance

Look at the spoiler.

Rep: (1)
DbIm4ikO @ 04.26.17, 18:40*
Perhaps Touchscreen Synaptic (not verified)

It does not work for me

Maxid7772000Man @ 02.05.17, 12:45*
It does not work for me

Thank you add to the cap.

Rep: (150)
* Dbim4iko I'm in terms of interface, smoothness, departures.

melyalol @ 05/02/17, 13:02*
I'm in terms of interface, smoothness, departures.

Well, I have so far everything is stable, there were no sorties. Smoothness, well, so to speak, smoothness - hardly, but it works smartly.

Rep: (1)
Add screenshots, is it convenient to use? Surfing, YouTube, etc. and how long does the battery hold? And how to find out what is my touch?

Post has been editedarsen_arsen_20 - 02.05.17, 13:39

Rep: (0)
How much disk space does it take after installation? How much RAM consumes, how viable is 2GB?

Rep: (20)
* DbIm4ikO,

Sorry for the stupid questions and, perhaps, for the fact that I distract you, but I have a hard time understanding.
First we install the mrom of recovery, then the mrom of the kernel (all this in the header), then the mrom of Linux, right? No checkboxes need to be installed / removed? Then it reboots and we tap on Linux and the mipad loads into Linux, right?
If you do as the instruction says, then regardless of anything, the multirom loads rom: internal, even if you hide it.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe there should be a rum already, because I have a clean device, without firmware.
Once again, I am wildest apologizing for such questions, why? I already wrote. Please forgive me.

Post has been editedTommyNotBad - 02.05.17, 15:49
Reason for editing: Something added.

Rep: (154)
As I understand it, the image will overwrite the current system? Soon there will be screenshots)

Rep: (541)
* Ultimauser How will he overwrite the system, if he works through a multimeter?

Rep: (6)
Is the virtual keyboard preinstalled? Or is input possible only through otg + physical keyboard?

Post has been editedtolhol - 02.05.17, 19:34

Tolhol @ 05/02/17, 19:33*
Is the virtual keyboard preinstalled? Or is input possible only through otg + physical keyboard?

The first activation will need to be configured with the keyboard, otherwise just do not enter the password, configure the Onboard Keyboard in the special features settings, and turn on the keyboard to appear when tapping the input field, already in the keyboard setting itself.

Post has been editedDbim4iko - 02.05.17, 19:42

What did not like:
1. It does not go out of suspend on principle, only a hard reboot.
2. Very strange display of the drive, mb internal memory was crookedly mounted.Although it looks like the entire internal partition was formatted in ext4.Everything is fine, the memory is in place, just did not finish: blush:
3. The touch is not very necessary, because you have to increase the icons by 2 times to get on them (in principle, this is a desktop, there is a keyboard).
4. IMHO: He eats a bit too much, he would replace the dwarf on the lx. But in general, already excellent, 1.2 gigabytes free, as in stock.
5. The processor even in idle is loaded with tons, 50% for 1 core. MB will be decided by fine tuning.
6. External drives are not detected or mounted.

What you liked:
1. The very fact of the presence of this firmware is a perfect miracle.
2. After installation takes only 3 (?) Gig.required volume specified during installation
3. The speed of work at height. Of course, not like on the miui, but much faster than the curves of the ports under the emulators.
4. Full functionality, with further support, ultrabooks on windows will no longer be needed: yes::: D
5. Another very pleased with the download speed. Literally 20-30 seconds loaded.

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

More screenshots

UPD: about the video: not bad in general, but the lags are strong enough, there is no sound (as stated in the header), so I could not assess its quality.

The firmware is very good, it turns the tablet into a practically full-fledged PC with one BUT: very, very damp. Requires serious refinement.

All who liked it, we thank Smoke for the incredible amount of work done.
thankI smoke !

Ps: the post will be supplemented, all suggestions and wishes in PM.

Post has been editedUltimauser - 03.05.17, 19:30
Reason for editing: Drives

Rep: (402)
DbIm4ikO @ 2.05.17, 19:37*
The first switch will need to be configured with the keyboard, otherwise just do not enter the password

Does not require a password.
In general, a cool thing, but only to poklatsat and check out, for everyday use is not good.
Chrome I even did not start. Rather, the site displays, except for Google, gives an error saying that the problem with the protection of the network.

* Broomber , surprisingly Mozilla also curses. Just do not want to connect to some sites.

* Ultimauser ,
Mozilla at least YouTube plays. Chrome does not open anything at all, even after setting the time and adding dns 8.8.8.8

* Broomber Are there any considerations?

* Ultimauser ,
Not yet. In general, I demolished Ubuntu, since I did not find a kernel with kexec for moose 14.1. Maybe I was looking bad.

Posted 05/02/2017 22:06:

My screenshot:
Attached Image

Rep: (428)
The sound in the headphones checked? I automatically connected to Nexus9 in Ubuntu.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/10/19 05:41