Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 7731
Check in: 03.11.10
Google Nexus 6

Discussion Virtual VR Devices 3D VR. Archive
Discussion |

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device description
Main theme archive
Mityai23
Message#2
06.11.14, 09:29
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 746
Check in: 19.02.12
Alcatel Idol X + OT-6043D

I did not find other topics, have a nose here I suggest discussing headsets and sharing interesting applications

Attached Image

The topic of virtual reality in recent years almost never comes off the tapes of the profile news portals. But until recently, we have not had the opportunity to get acquainted with the actual operating copies of so widely advertised VR-devices. At the IFA 2014 exhibition, real prototypes of existing virtual reality helmets from the first developer in this area of ​​the industry - the company Oculus were demonstrated. But as it turned out, other manufacturers did not sit idle.

At present, the market is flooded with cheap Chinese devices, for justice, it should be noted that Google was one of the first to release a headset made of cardboard: happy: And at the moment having a decent smartphone, you can assemble quite a working device on its base for a very modest amount.

Our group Vkontakte TyC

Articles on the topic of VR onsavagemessiahzine.com

Archos VR Glasses - a virtual reality helmet worth $ 30
Oppo is developing its own VR headset
Samsung Gear VR - New Generation Virtual Reality Helmet
Pinć - Virtual Reality Headset for iPhone
Temple Run VR - Samsung Virtual Reality Headset Game

Neighboring theme with a similar theme dedicated carton box from GoogleTyC

Many applications are already inGoogle play

Post has been editedsamuel19782 - 12.04.17, 06:18
Mityai23
Message#3
06.11.14, 16:19
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 746

What about this - Virtual Reality Headset VR Travel HMD?

I saw this topic but it is dedicated to a specific device. There is also a desire to create a topic dedicated to the technology itself and to gather users in one place so that you can read comments, discuss new applications and various problems. So far I have only watched in contact and it’s all bargain groups that resell in three it is expensive what they themselves take on Ali.
Mityai23
Message#4
07.11.14, 12:21
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 746

Here is an excellent article that describes how to make a VR headset at home from improvised means and having played enough games for android to connect this miracle with a PC and turn it almost into an Oculus Rift: D itselfTyC

Another article on the homemade VR focusing on the use of the type of Oculus RiftTyC

Post has been editedMityai23 - 07.11.14, 16:06
Brenwen
Message#5
10.11.14, 14:02
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 765
Check in: 10.10.05
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon 3/32

It was a good undertaking, I thought to create such a topic myself, but in the section “accessories for smartphones”, but I decided to check it out with a search first. Similar devices alsoin the section on google cardboardare discussing. In general, I tried the cardboard - there is a 3d, but the viewing angle is not very good, the edges of the smartphone are cut off.
Found a couple of reviews of Chinese 3D helmets:timeandtwo. I ordered a second one for myself; judging by the description, it’s better for a virtual machine.

Posted 10/11/2014 2:02 PM:

By the way, if someone is looking for virtual games, there is a rather extensive one.section on the forum Durovis Dive. Varese, of course, no, but for acquaintance it will come down.

--------------------
ipaq3715 ->HTC Hero ->Orange San Francisco ->Zopo ZP100 ->Zopo C2 ->ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini ->Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
Mityai23
Message#6
10.11.14, 18:44
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 746

Brenwen @ 11/10/2014, 14:02*
It was a good undertaking, I thought to create such a topic myself, but in the section “accessories for smartphones”, but I decided to check it out with a search first. Similar devices are also discussed in the section on Google. In general, I tried the cardboard - there is a 3d, but the viewing angle is not very good, the edges of the smartphone are cut off.
I found a couple of reviews of Chinese 3D helmets: one and two. I ordered a second one for myself; judging by the description, it’s better for a virtual machine.

By the way, it would be really more logical to create this topic in that section. I didn’t see it right away (((maybe moderators will move or create a new one).
I ordered myself just the way you did in the first review, while still on the way I want to use it in a pair with a PC, although probably applications from the market will bring pleasant impressions.
Brenwen
Message#7
10.11.14, 19:54
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 765

* Mityai23,
I also think my own from a PC to use, but for now everything rests against a slow router - everything lags and slows down. I think to try at 5 GHz, maybe it will be more secure. By the way, for use with a PC there is a good program.Trinus gyre- for transmitting a signal from a gyroscope to a PC, with it we have an almost complete analogue of the oculus. By the way, if anyone can post the full version (the free test works for only 10 minutes) - I will be grateful.

Post has been editedBrenwen - 10.11.14, 20:19

--------------------
ipaq3715 ->HTC Hero ->Orange San Francisco ->Zopo ZP100 ->Zopo C2 ->ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini ->Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
gs479
Message#8
16.11.14, 11:47
Call me, call...
[offline]

Messages 1215
Check in: 08.11.09
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4/64

Who uses which player to view a 3D stereo pair?
That the image was not stretched.
You understand that a horizontal anamorphic stereo pair has a stretched image on each half. Which player correctly converts the image?

--------------------
SGN1, SGN3, Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro, Samsung GS7E,Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
7Opp7
Message#9
16.11.14, 15:20
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 467
Check in: 30.11.09
LG V20

gs479 @ 11/16/2014, 10:47*
Who uses which player to view a 3D stereo pair?
That the image was not stretched.
You understand that a horizontal anamorphic stereo pair has a stretched image on each half. Which player correctly converts the image?

I look or through Dice or MX player. I expose the proportions (aspect) of the video 2.35: 1, it turns out fine.
gs479
Message#10
16.11.14, 15:23
Call me, call...
[offline]

Messages 1215
Check in: 08.11.09
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4/64

I look or through Dice or MX player. I expose the proportions (aspect) of the video 2.35: 1, it turns out fine.

this, as I understand it, is a recipe for horizontal anamorphic stereo pairs.

What about vertical anamorphic stereo pairs? Who found a convenient viewer in VR glasses (helmets)?

--------------------
SGN1, SGN3, Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro, Samsung GS7E,Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
7Opp7
Message#11
16.11.14, 17:46
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 467
LG V20

What about vertical anamorphic stereo pairs? Who found a convenient viewer in VR glasses (helmets)?

VR Player
Just check the sound before viewing, sample video, for example, there is no choice of audio track in the player.
Put in the setting, above, the program - 3D Over / Under and see. Recalculate video eats battery.

Post has been edited7Opp7 - 16.11.14, 17:47
Mityai23
Message#12
16.11.14, 18:53
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 746

And how does it feel to watch 3D video? Interesting comparison with 3D televisions, the depth of departure, the eyes do not get tired?
7Opp7
Message#13
17.11.14, 01:48
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 467
LG V20

And how does it feel to watch 3D video? Interesting comparison with 3D televisions, the depth of departure, the eyes do not get tired?

Look at my posts, through my profile, described a lot in another topic. From the TV, the image of the "departure" is in sharpness to the end and somewhere far away (see the room, peripherally), but in my homemade product there is no "flies" in my face. A more complete immersion: in "Journey to the Center of the Earth", when the glider hero spits water into the sink, and the view from the sink, as if in the face. It was very unpleasant, flinch. This is the difference from TV.
eBasher
Message#14
17.11.14, 09:53
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 487
Check in: 31.12.10
Meizu M1 Note

Brenwen, I'm sorry, just now I saw your questions in the cardboard theme. I migrate here to not offtopic.

I ordered the same for myself, only without a joystick (I have a bluetooth gamepad, so I don’t really need it). I want to clarify a couple of questions: do you have a phone with what permission? On full HD, the pixels almost do not strain. How tight is the lid? Is there a latch or does it just hold on to friction? In general, the review saw approximately what I expected from him.

The resolution of the smartphone - 1280x720. The lid closes very tightly, which even has to be opened with some effort. There is a magnet. But the pressure of the smartphone is not very tight. When the head is tilted, my smartphone may move slightly to the side. But this is due to the fact that it is thin.
max815
Message#15
17.11.14, 11:52
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 13.03.08
HTC Touch

Who uses Trinus Gyre? cool thing but damn I can't beat the settings like from a barrel-shaped video to make it rectangular?
Brenwen
Message#16
17.11.14, 20:21
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 765

A brief report on testing the dir-815 router: the phone in 5ghz mode worked fine, at first I decided to test trinus gyre + limelight. The broadcast in 1920 * 1080 * 60 mode was normal, the display delay (according to limelight) was around 50 milliseconds, there were no jerks or packet losses. So the 5-gigahertz router after 2.4-gigahertz really gives a good increase in the quality of the streaming, it is quite playable, though imperfect, you have to wait for the helmet and try it with it. For comparison, I tried trinus gyre + kainy as an alternative, set the quality to the maximum (no numerical parameters were specified), also broadcasts smoothly and without jerks, but the delay seems to be slightly more, perhaps this is a subjective perception, since the program did not output the delay data.
I forgot to mention the ping from the smartphone to the PC ~ 10 milliseconds.
Interesting video: compare the delay when broadcasting images in different ways, measure the speed camera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9-bdXUC0j0
What was surprising - even the simple use of an LCD monitor gives an additional delay of about 22 milliseconds compared to the CRT monitor.
When broadcasting to a steam box via Steam In-Home Streaming, the delay is about 74 milliseconds. In this case, no matter how to connect, by wire or via wifi.
And when using Limelight, the delay is already 98 milliseconds. True video of the beginning of the year, and most likely Nvidia during this time pulled its coding algorithms. If to compare with my results, then my 50 milliseconds roughly correspond to the Stimov speed, given that my monitor is an LCD.

Post has been editedBrenwen - 19.11.14, 14:07

--------------------
Protoss666
Message#17
18.11.14, 15:42
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12
Check in: 18.11.14
Asus Fonepad Note 6

Help guys. I can not legitimate smart to my computer via wi-fi. Prog trinus gyre. I do not understand why he does not see. dir-300 router If you can throw the instructions for setting up trinus gyre via wi-fi. I will be grateful.
Protoss666
Message#18
18.11.14, 22:37
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12
Asus Fonepad Note 6

Thanks to the router figured out (by replacing it). Swum out another problem. How to run 3D from a computer ??? Tridef is launched ONLY with fullscreen, and all programs that display images on smart work ONLY with windows. How to be ???
Brenwen
Message#19
19.11.14, 08:50
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 765

* Protoss666,
Why all? Limelight works in fullscreen, Kainy too, with others I have not tried.

--------------------
Protoss666
Message#20
19.11.14, 13:39
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12
Asus Fonepad Note 6

OK. I will try them.

Question to Brenwen

What is the connection mode? A brief report on testing the dir-815 router: the phone in 5gbit mode worked fine, first I decided to test trinus gyre + limelight. milliseconds, jerks and packet loss was not. "

I changed my router from DIR-300 to TP-LINK TL-WDR4300. The connection speed via Wi-fi on smart has increased from 65mbit to 160mbit. Now connected via 5Ghz It has become much faster, but it still slows down in trinus gyre full hd, even 20 fps is not.
Tell me what the 5gbit mode is and how to enable / configure it ??? I will be very grateful. Or are you confused 5gbit and 5Ghz ???

Post has been editedProtoss666 - 19.11.14, 13:42
Brenwen
Message#21
19.11.14, 14:07
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 765

* Protoss666,
Wrong - the router is connected to 5 GHz, corrected. In general, video broadcasting in trinus gyre is a rather braking thing and can only be used to check for a connection. I use Limelight for translation, and only the gyroscope data is transmitted to trinus. Limelight can be launched directly from the trine if you select it in the list of video modes on the server (of course, it must be installed on the phone). Well, or kainy can be used, then in trine you need to select the no video mode.

Post has been editedBrenwen - 19.11.14, 14:08

--------------------

1014 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 03/31/19/04: 15