> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

tiReader 2 Pro | [IPhone], [iPad] reader for books and comics

Rep: (300)
tiReader - eBook and Comic book reader
version: 5.0
Catalog: Education

Last update of the program in the header:12.04.2017

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
tiReader 2 is the next generation and further development of the tiReader project

Description:
tiReader 2 one of the best readers on the iPad and iPhone / iPod touch. Beautiful design - support for skins, user-customizable color themes and color overlays. Excellent functionality - filters, tags, annotations (highlighted and notes), support for Clouds and OPDS directories. Day and Night modes for the application and reading interface.
Supports all popular e-book formats (epub, epub2, epub3, pdf, djvu, fb2, mobi, prc, azw, doc, docx, html, txt), comics (cbr, cbz), photos (jpg, png, bmp, gif , ico, tif, xbm) and photo albums (zip, rar).
tiReader Doesn't support DRM-protected books and comics.

SUPPORTED FORMATS
- EPUB, EPUB2, EPUB3
- PDF, PDF / A, PDF / MDA
- DJVU
- FB2
- MOBI, PRC, AZW
- CBR / RAR, CBZ / ZIP
- JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, ICO, TIF, TIFF, XBM
- DOC, DOCX, HTML
- TXT

COMFORTABLE READING
- Opening multiple books at once *
- Day and Night modes
- Customizable style / format and color themes for books (EPUB, FB2, MOBI, PRC, AZW, DOC, TXT)
- Customizable color overlays for all formats
- Table of Contents and Search
- Multicolor Bookmarks and Annotations for books / comics / photos in all supported formats
- Customizable page layout view (one, two and two pages with cover, responsive viewing)
- Read books packaged in ZIP / RAR directly, without first unpacking
- Automatic / forced encoding selection for text files
- Sync the position of the current page between different devices

UultraEPUB3 - MOBILE FOR BOOKS OF THE FORMAT ePUB2 ​​AND ePUB3
- book support in Fixed, Reflowable and Mixed formats
- support for embedded audio and video content

ORGANIZE YOUR LIBRARY
- Manage books and folders (import / export, rename / move / copy / delete, pack / unzip, assign tags and attributes)
- Search for a folder / document in the library
- Search for the desired bookmark or annotation in the library books *
- A set of predefined library filters to facilitate document search
- Advanced folder display modes: pass-through view and folder hide mode

IMPORT EXPORT
- Import / Export files and folders (while maintaining the folder structure) via iTunes
- Upload / Download files and folders from the Cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Yandex Disk)
- Download books from OPDS directories
- Import files from archives (ZIP, RAR)
- Export files and folders to archive (ZIP)
- Import photos from your photo library
- Backup files. Transferring the library or any part of it to another device or another version of tiReader
- Automatic extraction of metadata and book covers
---
* only for iPad versions of the application

Homepage: http://tireader.com/index_ru.php
iTunes Store: https: //itunes.apple.c...ader/id1276508285? mt = 8

Useful

Past versions

Post has been editedLeff69 - 01.10.17, 13:33

Rep: (94)
* Leff69
"Here is an example of an average folder" in the old tiReader grid. As we see, this is not about "45 GB of books ... in one list", but about a folder with 24 books. Here you can see 4.5 books on the screen, the screen is half empty and it is extremely inconvenient for me to work with it.
Attached Image
Here is the same view in the new tiReader 2 grid. There are almost 12 books on one screen, and it is not necessary as often as in the first case to scroll up and down while studying the contents of the folder.
Attached Image
But I will agree with you. Probably your case is not an isolated one. Each has its own approaches to the formation of the library, and therefore, probably, developers need to introduce another grid in detail, but with large covers.

Rep: (37)
And the developer did not promise support for at least some dictionaries? At least a system or online translation.

Rep: (3)
Hmm, and whatSlovoEd not satisfied?
Time
Attached Image

Two
Attached Image

Three
Attached Image

Podolyanin @ 07/18/17, 18:17*
SlovoEd does not suit?

Probably because I don’t have it. The dictionary is not often needed; pay for SlovoEd 900 p. no desire.
If you could also pass the word to Google translate, it would be generally great.

Cloudmaker @ 07/18/17, 18:19*
Probably because I don’t have it.
Perhaps because you do not need it. At work I read those documentation in English. I have several dictionaries / translators who help me with this. I knew what I was spending money on.
I see no reason for developers to spend time on functionality that few people need. A high-quality and convenient translator is a 100% separate application. Checked.

Podolyanin @ 07/18/17, 19:38*
which few people need

I do not agree. All modern readers have support for dictionaries (with the exception of the Kindle, but they are on their own).
At least a system dictionary, at least through a sim link, but there is the possibility of translating words.
Even the ancient iBouquiniste can translate words through Google or Yandex-translators.
So the functionality is far from superfluous. But the developers know better, of course.

Rep: (4)
All modern readers have dictionary support

The application opens the dictionary. A menu appears on the word on hold.
Attached Image

Click Find. The dictionary will open.
Attached Image

Checked in English texts.

Similarly done with iBooks.

* MrGr1975,
These are iOS dictionaries. The sense from them is minimal, except that a young child learn the meaning of the word. Russian-speaking, it seems only two: explanatory and the dictionary of Apple.
I will support the above majority. At a minimum, I would like support for translators andLurkmoreWikipedia.

Announcement v4.8

In the coming days, tiReader 4.8 (all versions) will be available on the AppStore.
Here are the main news:

- Sync book metadata (attributes, tags, bookmarks, annotations) between different devices via iCloud
- Synchronization of folder metadata (attributes, tags) between different devices through iCloud. For synchronization, folders must have the same path on different devices.
- A new mode for viewing the Library "Detail with Large Covers" (iPad)
- New engine for PDF. Faster and more stable.
- Improved display quality (render) of PDF and DJVU documents for iPad Pro and iPhone
- New option "Translation" in the context menu of the reading mode (epub, fb2, mobi, prc, azw, txt) to call the online translator
- New option "Wikipedia" in the context menu of the reading mode (epub, fb2, mobi, prc, azw, txt)
- Improved footer window view for FB2 and EPUB
- A new mechanism of restrictions in Lite. Now all books are visible in Lite, only 5 are available.
- Status indicators for the "Transfer List" and the synchronization of the "Library"
- Bug fixes and performance improvements

Synchronization. How it works.

Each device has its own database of books of the tiReader Library. In all previous versions of tiReader 2, the entire database (or part of it) could be written (exported) to a separate file, either with the books themselves (1), or only metadata from the database without books (2). In the first case, such a backup file received the extension .trdb, in the second .trmb.

Attached Image

In the new update 4.8, all local databases on separate devices, within the same Apple account (one Apple ID), are combined into one integrated database, which is located in the cloud in your iCloud. Moreover, if the book or folder (as an object) is deleted on all devices, the record in your integrated iCloud database still remains. Thus, if you download the book again on any device to the tiReader 2 library, then all the metadata of this kiigi (all its attributes, tags, bookmarks, annotations) will be miraculously restored.
The unique identifier of each book is its hash amount, i.e. even if the Library has several copies of a book with different file names, then it is still considered the same book and all the metadata of such a book will change synchronously - if changed in one place on one device, it will be changed on all copies of this book on all your devices.
A folder’s unique identifier is its path. Thus, the metadata of folders (but not their contents) with the same path on different devices will be synchronized.

All synchronization control in tiReader 2 is performed using 2 buttons:
- Enable / disable tiReader Library synchronization on this particular device (3).

Attached Image

- Enable / disable the synchronization of a specific book on a specific device (4).

Attached Image

If synchronization is enabled on the device and prohibited on the book, a special icon (5) appears on the book cover.
If you turned off synchronization on the device (6), then all sync prohibition indicators on the covers will disappear (so as not to bother you), and one laconic inscription "Sync OFF." Will appear on the Library button. (7)

Attached Image

Attached Image

If you turn on synchronization on the device (3) again, then all changes made in this Library will go to iCloud. While there will be synchronization with iCloud, you will see the inscription "Synchronization ..." (8), and when the exchange process with the cloud is completed, it will be replaced by the inscription "Sync ON."
When you delete the cloud base (see below), the local base will re-merge into iCloud and the inscription "Synchronization ..." may hang for a long time (minutes and tens of minutes) depending on the number of books and folders in your Library.

Attached Image

When synchronization is enabled (3, 4), all metadata changes for books (attributes, tags, bookmarks, annotations) and folders (attributes, tags) immediately go to the cloud in a unified database. In this way, iCloud always stores the most recent changes you made, regardless of which device they are made on.

A bit about the "emergency modes":
- if you do not have Internet, then synchronization does not work, and the message “No Internet” appears on the Library button (9)
- if you have incorrectly connected (or iCloud is not connected at all), then on the Library button you will see the inscription "Problems with iCloud" (10).

Attached Image

- there is a special switch (10) for deleting the integrated database in iCloud. Most likely you will never need it.

Attached Image

Immediately after the update to 4.8.
If you upgrade to 4.8, books located on the device in more than one copy will display the “sync ban” icons. This is done to prevent loss of user data, i.e. when in the process of synchronization the attributes of one copy of the book override the attributes of the remaining copies of this book.

To determine the relevance of the attributes of the synchronization object, the time is taken into account when the user makes changes to the attributes of the book or folder. Prior to version 4.8, the time stamp of edits was not saved, so it is now impossible to determine on which of the devices the attributes of one of the copies of the book are "correct" (that is, made later than the rest of the copies). Thus, only document data that has been changed by the user as early as 4.8+ will be sent to the cloud. And this data, in turn, will affect books on all other devices.
That is, until you change something in the attributes of the document, this will not affect the document on other devices.

If on one of the devices you have the “correct” data and you want to transfer this state to documents on other devices, then it makes sense for you to select all documents in the group editing mode and change their attributes. For example, you can assign a tag to all documents (for example, a short tag is a new tag, which can then be deleted). As soon as you perform this operation, during the next synchronization cycle, data from your device will be sent to the cloud base. After that, synchronization on other devices will transfer your "correct" data to documents on these devices.

4.8. Checked. Really cool update. Well done developers. Everything is done beautifully and efficiently.
In practice, the developers responded to the main discussions that took place on this forum thread:
1. New “Detailed with Large Covers” Library view mode for iPad which were discussed HERE . * . This is the 5th version of the document grid especially for fans of large covers that they supported Leff *
2. Online Translator and Wikipedia which were discussed HERE *
3. Book synchronization which were discussed HERE *

Especially pleased with the synchronization. Here we have two elegant solutions:
A. Metadata sync and download from the cloud.Almost one shot killed two birds with one stone.discussion, namely:
Leff69 @ 08/05/17, 12:16*
Thus, if you download the book again on any device to the tiReader 2 library, then all the metadata of this kiigi (all its attributes, tags, bookmarks, annotations) will be miraculously restored.
Those. with a lack of space on the device, there is no need to store books in iCloud (with its limitation in free 5GB). Books can be stored in any cloud or Big Brother. I deleted it from the device, downloaded it again, and ... all bookmarks, attributes, tags and annotations were automatically restored. Moreover, this will happen even if the file name has changed, because the identifier of the book is its hash.
B. Only changes are written to the cloud base.
Leff69 @ 08/05/17, 12:16*
Thus, only document data that has been changed by the user as early as 4.8+ will be sent to the cloud. And this data, in turn, will affect books on all other devices.
That is, until you change something in the attributes of the document, this will not affect the document on other devices.
This means that the cloud base in tiReader is not a direct union of the local bases of all devices with one Apple ID, and only objects (books and folders) in which the user made any changes to the metadata get into it. This reduces the number of entries in the cloud base (compared to the unconditional merge option), which should speed up the application and save space in iCloud.
Given these two points, it was interesting to evaluate how fast iCloud will clog due to the growth of the cloud base itself. The length of the entry in the database for one book should be on average less than a kilobyte. T.O. the cloud database for 100,000 books (which you don’t reread in your whole life), on which any changes to the metadata were made (the total number of user books can be much larger) will occupy 100MB. That for iCloud with free 5GB is absolutely no problem.

Rep: (4)
Those. with a lack of space on the device, there is no need to store books in iCloud (with its limitation in free 5GB). Books can be stored in any cloud or Big Brother. I deleted it from the device, downloaded it again, and ... all bookmarks, attributes, tags and annotations were automatically restored.

Super!!! Works. Thanks to the developers. : thank_you:

Stvipo @ 08/08/17, 2:05 p.m.*
In practice, the developers responded to the main discussions that took place on this forum thread:
1. A new mode of viewing the Library "In Detail with Large Covers" for the iPad, which was discussed HERE. This is the 5th version of the document grid especially for lovers of large covers, which was supported by Leff
2. The online translator and Wikipedia discussed by HERE
3. Synchronization of books discussed by HERE

I’ll add, although the “What's New” does not say about this:
4. Exit from the folder to the previous position in the list, and not to the very beginning which was discussed HERE
It became much more convenient to rummage around the library. Before you go into a folder somewhere in the middle of the list, go out and find yourself at the very top of the list, and again you wind down. Now everything is fine.
For even more convenient navigation, I would suggest adding an alphabetical scrollbar, such as:

Attached Image

but to be honest, I don’t have the audacity to use the responsiveness of the developers ... unless someone else supports it.

And my wife was the first to appreciate the synchronization capabilities.
In the afternoon, she takes notes / bookmarks from the phone in the magazines with recipes, and then on the tablet she uses it all. He says that it is very convenient.

Sync current page and sync metadata. General and differences.
I tested synchronization to better understand how to use this tool. Here are brief conclusions:
1. Synchronization of the current page and synchronization of metadata (bookmarks, tags, attributes, annotations, etc.) are two completely independent mechanisms in tiReader.
What they have in common is what they both use to store iCloud data. Hence the conclusion: if iCloud is not connected or is connected incorrectly (for example, different devices are connected to different iCloud accounts), then both synchronizations will not work.
2. Sync pages:
- It always works (with iCloud properly connected) and you cannot disable it.
- Updating the current page in the Cloud occurs every time you turn the page on any of the devices.
- resolution of collisions will be performed through the dialogue:
Attached Image
3. Metadata sync:
- It works only if it is included in the "Settings" menu, and for specific books it is not prohibited (through the menu, which is called from the info panel by taping on the cover).
- writing to the Cloud occurs only when metadata changes.
- Collision resolution is performed automatically by time stamps for each metadata parameter (attributes, tags, bookmarks, annotations, author, series, etc.), i.e. newer changes to a specific parameter overwrite older ones.
This leads to the fact that edits made on different devices (regardless of whether these devices were offline or online) will always overlap correctly.

Rep: (0)
And where can I download pro version 4.8?

Maxim2012 @ 08.26.2017, 15:08*
And where can I download pro version 4.8?

In EppStore. And this is the only version that can now be found there. All the rest, including the free one, for some reason disappeared. I hope this is not a whim on the part of the AppStore, and the program will exist and develop further.

The fog is dispelling, the sun is glancing between the clouds. The situation is becoming a bit more understandable.

(Authorship and spelling are entirely the responsibility of the tiReader team. Responsibility for the content and accuracy of the foregoing is also with the aforementioned individuals.)

In September 2017, a transition to the new tiReader v5.0 application is due, due to the fact that Apple introduced new rules for placing applications in the AppStore:https: //developer.appl...eview/guidelines/#spam
In particular, clause 4.3 Spam requires that the same type of applications of the same developer be distributed in the AppStore only through the built-in purchasing (IAP) mechanism.

Based on this, we are forced to take the following steps:
- remove at the request of Apple from the AppStore part of our applications (tiReader 2, tiReader 2 Nano and tiReader 2 Lite). Only the tiReader 2 Pro remains in the AppStore.
- Switch to the new single application tiReader v5.0, which will be free with limited functionality and expand with purchased IAP modules to the configuration that the user needs. This new modular application has already passed the Apple review and should appear in the AppStore from 09/15/2017 simultaneously with the latest update tiReader 2 Pro v4.10 (in which there will be instructions to users how to switch from 4.10 to 5.0). In the future, the tiReader 2 Pro application (v 4.10) will be withdrawn from sale and is only available for download as previously purchased and update from older versions of tiReader 2 Pro. It will be possible to go for free to the fully functional version of the new tiReader v5.0 application (with all IAPs connected) if there is a copy of tiReader 2 Pro v4.10 on the device.

The new tiReader v.5.0 with all connected IAP and tiReader 2 Pro v4.10 are identical in functionality and differ only in the internal architecture of interaction with the AppStore. tiReader 2 Pro will not be supported in the future. All updates will go only within the new tiReader application.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the transition to the new application.

How to upgrade from tiReader 2 Pro v4.10 to tiReader v5.0
1. The device must have tiReader 2 Pro v4.10 installed and run at least 1 time.
2. Install the free version of tiReader v5.0 from the AppStore and run.
3. Open the Main menu>Settings and make sure that the tiReader v5.0 application is unlocked to the full version.

Attached Image

4. Transfer your Library with tiReader 2 Pro v4.10 to the new tiReader v5.0, as shown in the video on our website pagehttp://tireader.com/.
5. After unlocking tiReader v5.0 and transferring your Library, you can delete tiReader 2 Pro.

================================
The tiReader 2 Pro v4.10 / tiReader v5.0 update includes:
- Support for WebDAV protocol to connect to the server
- Bug fixes and performance improvements

(End quote)

The instruction, of course, is good, but on the new iTunes 12.7, transferring the library from the old version to the new one will not work))

Cloudmaker @ 09/17/17, 8:21 PM*
The instruction, of course, is good, but on the new iTunes 12.7, transferring the library from the old version to the new one will not work))
Cloudmaker
Again you write "riddles." When I transferred via Mac (macOS 10.12.6) and iTunes 12.7.0.166 to iPad Air (iOS 10.3.3) everything went fine.
There is one caveat with the Inbox system folder. If you copy everything with tiReader 2 Pro in bulk (highlighting in iTunes via ctrl-A), then on the Mac everything is copied normally. At the same time, iTunes “sees” and copies the “Inbox” system folder to the Mac, which actually is not in Library 4.10. And then, when copying from Mac to tiReader 5.0, iTunes shuts down on the copy operation of this folder and swears "No permissions". And this is understandable, because "Inbox" system folder is created by iOS in the application automatically. It is treated simply - in the copied content on the Mac (or PC) you need to delete the "Inbox" folder.

And about the "mysterious" remarks like "The instruction, of course, is good, but ... well, it won’t work out))", then if you want others to understand you (what you are actually talking about) and help, then write what the point is problems and on what configuration it occurred.

Post has been editedstvipo - 18.09.17, 10:54

Sorry, I did not notice that the File Sharing section remained in iTunes 12.7, it turned out to drop the library through it.
The covers on the folders were sent, though, but on the whole everything went perfectly.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 00:01