> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

tiReader 2 Pro | [IPhone], [iPad] reader for books and comics

Rep: (300)
tiReader - eBook and Comic book reader
version: 5.0
Catalog: Education

Last update of the program in the header:12.04.2017

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
tiReader 2 is the next generation and further development of the tiReader project

Description:
tiReader 2 one of the best readers on the iPad and iPhone / iPod touch. Beautiful design - support for skins, user-customizable color themes and color overlays. Excellent functionality - filters, tags, annotations (highlighted and notes), support for Clouds and OPDS directories. Day and Night modes for the application and reading interface.
Supports all popular e-book formats (epub, epub2, epub3, pdf, djvu, fb2, mobi, prc, azw, doc, docx, html, txt), comics (cbr, cbz), photos (jpg, png, bmp, gif , ico, tif, xbm) and photo albums (zip, rar).
tiReader Doesn't support DRM-protected books and comics.

SUPPORTED FORMATS
- EPUB, EPUB2, EPUB3
- PDF, PDF / A, PDF / MDA
- DJVU
- FB2
- MOBI, PRC, AZW
- CBR / RAR, CBZ / ZIP
- JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, ICO, TIF, TIFF, XBM
- DOC, DOCX, HTML
- TXT

COMFORTABLE READING
- Opening multiple books at once *
- Day and Night modes
- Customizable style / format and color themes for books (EPUB, FB2, MOBI, PRC, AZW, DOC, TXT)
- Customizable color overlays for all formats
- Table of Contents and Search
- Multicolor Bookmarks and Annotations for books / comics / photos in all supported formats
- Customizable page layout view (one, two and two pages with cover, responsive viewing)
- Read books packaged in ZIP / RAR directly, without first unpacking
- Automatic / forced encoding selection for text files
- Sync the position of the current page between different devices

UultraEPUB3 - MOBILE FOR BOOKS OF THE FORMAT ePUB2 ​​AND ePUB3
- book support in Fixed, Reflowable and Mixed formats
- support for embedded audio and video content

ORGANIZE YOUR LIBRARY
- Manage books and folders (import / export, rename / move / copy / delete, pack / unzip, assign tags and attributes)
- Search for a folder / document in the library
- Search for the desired bookmark or annotation in the library books *
- A set of predefined library filters to facilitate document search
- Advanced folder display modes: pass-through view and folder hide mode

IMPORT EXPORT
- Import / Export files and folders (while maintaining the folder structure) via iTunes
- Upload / Download files and folders from the Cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Yandex Disk)
- Download books from OPDS directories
- Import files from archives (ZIP, RAR)
- Export files and folders to archive (ZIP)
- Import photos from your photo library
- Backup files. Transferring the library or any part of it to another device or another version of tiReader
- Automatic extraction of metadata and book covers
---
* only for iPad versions of the application

Homepage: http://tireader.com/index_ru.php
iTunes Store: https: //itunes.apple.c...ader/id1276508285? mt = 8

Useful

Past versions

Post has been editedLeff69 - 01.10.17, 13:33

Rep: (5)
When clicking on the link, he writes that the object is not available in the Russian store.

Rep: (3)
* Vangal
+1 I would also like to download.

* Vangal
* AHgPEi4,
Follow the link to the home page, it says that the 15th of the day will be available.
On the 12th, the program was in the store, the next day it disappeared. So bear with a couple of days.

Rep: (94)
... so bear with a couple of days.

Already available on the App Store.
Moreover, the video on transferring the library from the old version to the new one is easily google:https: //www.youtube.co...ch? v = ZK6DxWMXUuU & vl = en.
Moreover, there you can turn on Russian subtitles.

Rep: (37)
Nothing differs from the first version. The same clumsy. On iPad Air 2, a 3 MB fb2 book formatted for 5 minutes.
Well, the launch itself takes 10 seconds. The most inhibited reader in the App Store, although outwardly and functionally like.

Nothing differs from the first version.
Here is the difference between tiReader 2 and the first version:
First of all , increased requirements for the OS: the old tiReader is from iOS 8.3 and higher (but in fact on iOS 10.3 it has a bunch of problems).
The new tiReader 2 is from iOS 9.3 and higher (and all major problems with iOS 10.3 have been resolved, see below).
Secondly , here's the link: http://tireader.com/help_ru/index.php
And here it is written that tiReader 2 is different from the first version11 points :
  1. Automatically extract metadata and e-book covers as a background process.
  2. New more modern v2 Dropbox API.
  3. New more modern v3 Google Drive API.
  4. New authorization procedures for Google Drive.
  5. Compatible with iOS 10.3.
  6. Fixed bug displaying footnotes in books format FB2 for iPhone
  7. Fixed display of color themes in hypertexts for iOS 10.3.
  8. Fixed error accessing iCloud Drive.
  9. Fixed display of accounts with the same name.
  10. 3 new skins added: art Blur, minima Glass, minima Glass red.
  11. Other bugs fixed and performance improved.
Of the most significant, I’ll emphasize “Automatically extract metadata and covers”, problems with iOS 10.3 are resolved, new SDKs for Dropbox and Google Drive are integrated (as you know, support for the old services mentioned will expire soon). And also 3 new skins.
Well, where is "Nothing differs from the first version."

The same clumsy. On iPad Air 2, a 3 MB fb2 book formatted for 5 minutes.
Correctly not formatting, but layout (Layout). But suppose not fundamentally.
But here is the result of the test of the first typesetting time in tiReader 2 (v.4.4) on iPad Air (iOS 10.31):
- single-head FB2, 8.82 MB. Layout time - 41 seconds (For comparison, KyBook - 39 seconds).
- single-head FB2, 3.08 MB. Layout time - 23 sec.
- multi-headed FB2, 3.06 MB. Layout time - 13 sec.
It’s strange where 5 minutes of layout on 3-megabyte FB2 on iPad Air 2 came from. Please post the book on which this result was obtained.

Well, the launch itself takes 10 seconds.
Yes, and that’s true. In January 2017, he wrote a letter to developers with 17 points, which he considered necessary to improve in the application. Was on this list and this item. The answer to this item was as follows: “Already in the work plan for version 4.5. The preliminary release date for the App Store is May 1, 2017.”

Rep: (37)
Of the most significant, I’ll emphasize “Automatically extract metadata and covers”, problems with iOS 10.3 are resolved, new SDKs for Dropbox and Google Drive are integrated (as you know, support for the old services mentioned will expire soon). And also 3 new skins.
Well, where is "Nothing differs from the first version."

Agree that all this could be done as part of the update for the current version of the program, why was it necessary to restart and add the number "2" to the name? After the restart, you are waiting for a design change, a redesigned engine, some really significant changes. And here is the SDK update (as all readers have already updated them with an update) and finally displaying the cover and metadata before the first launch of the book (the absence of this was initially the biggest drawback)! Why didn’t they add the “footer” setting of the book? How to find out the number of pages in a chapter? Even in the content there is no page number.

It’s strange where 5 minutes of layout on 3-megabyte FB2 on iPad Air 2 came from. Please post the book on which this result was obtained.

Attached to the post. Noted time: layout takes 4 minutes. 43 sec Old Shortbook typeset a book in 52 seconds! And once and for all, but Tireader 2, personally with me, tries to re-compose the book every time I start it.

Attached fileAdeptus Mechanics.fb2(3.47 MB)

* Cloudmaker

iPad Air - 1min 47sec.
But in general, I agree. Types longer than other readers installed by me.

Cloudmaker @ 04/18/17, 09:43*
Agree that all this ...
Here*it is written that "Nothing differs from the first version", and here the question is "What is the name of the application".
Want to discuss another issue, i.e. "Why tiReader 2, and not just tiReader," if you please (but this is my humble opinion, the developers could have their own motivation):
- [rude] This is their business and their marketing policy. And for this, obtaining permission from some users is not necessary. And this is the right of all developers and for all applications.
- [analytically] There is one juicy detail that for some reason was not noticed: tiReader 2 has a different owner - Avisat Ltd. The old tiReader had "Tex Development Ltd". The whole team is the same, because both links to www.tex-development.com and www.tireader.com link to the same resource. Moreover, the answer to the letter sent in support to [email protected] came from the address [email protected].
From all this we can conclude that the project was probably outbid by another owner. And along with the remaining 11 edits in version 4.4, this makes the number 2 in the product name absolutely understandable and logical. By the way, the logic of the "Special Offer" on tiReadet 2 is clear from here. This is necessary for new owners to migrate old users to a new application. For this, andvideoon Youtube. Further, it can be assumed that most likely the old tiReader after the end of the "Special Offer" will disappear from the App Store.
Therefore, it becomes clear that in “Agree that all this ...” there is nothing special to agree with.

Leff69 @ 04/18/17, 10:53*
iPad Air - 1min 47sec.
Yes, similarly. This file on my iPad Air is 1min 40sec.
The other is not clear. And what about the iPad Air 2 (on which this time is 4 minutes 43 seconds*) 3 times weaker than iPad Air?
It’s strange. Always thought the opposite. Those. that the iPad Air 2 (with its 3-core 1.5GHz A8X / M8 and 2GB RAM) should work faster than the iPad Air (with its 2-core 1.4GHz A7X / M7 and 1GB RAM). Yes, and performance tests confirm this:
Attached Image

I decided to add such a wish on the library interface:

Now, having scattered books in folders, for example, by authors, we have the following form:

Smoker's library
Attached Image

If you add the ability to change the image of the folder manually, or better with the help of the almighty Google, the boring library will fabulously transform:

Healthy Man Library
Attached Image

Well, if you add a search for information on a subject of interest with the help of all the same Google, then we can easily shut up Friends with his entire family and Wasserman:

True Encyclopedist Library
Attached Image

Naturally, for those who arrange books, for example, by genre, you can also visualize folders (detective - gun, fantasy - dragon, etc.).

Well, I would also like to separately configure the view on the main page and inside the folders (on the outside, for example, the cover view, and inside - a detailed information bar, or whatever it's called). Now it has a single view.
I don’t think that all this is very laborious, but it will add a bit of beauty and joy.

Are you for?

Posted on 04/20/2017, 14:03:

P.S. In order not to think that I am some kind of fool talking with a fictional interlocutor, I add that I sent the request to the support program.

Rep: (4)
Leff69 @ 04.20.17, 13:59*
If you add the ability to change the image of the folder manually, or better with the help of the almighty Google, the boring library will fabulously transform:

With this approach, the number of books in the folder will not be displayed (get lost in the picture). And most applications display the number of documents in a folder. Yes, I agree, it’s boring, but informative.

* MrGr1975,
Well, they are not displayed in my picture. Well this does not mean that they will not be.
As an example:

Attached Image

There is another problem. As noted by the esteemed representative of a wonderful team of super developers, in the display mode "Without a signature", surprisingly, signatures will not really be displayed.
A variant of the solution, where the name may be lost among the too colorful image:

Attached Image

Well and still, as an option:

Attached Image

(Although I don’t understand how to use the “unsigned” mode, it’s very inconvenient to navigate one cover, where you often don’t see anything,)

Well, of course, from my clumsy pictures you should not immediately judge that it will be disgusting and grave. For super developers, everything would turn out extremely stylish and aesthetically pleasing.

Leff69 @ 04.28.17, 16:32*
Although I don’t understand how to use the "without signature" mode.

I agree. One cover is not enough. Sometimes you have to switch to a view with greater detail or open the so-called information window (usually it).
The program allows you to add different markers. On the covers of books only they. Everything is good here. But on folders, the picture + markers + the folder icon with the number is already a heap. The beauty of the picture on the folder is lost.
In readers there is a more traditional representation of the folder. As an option, suggest developers use it. And the markers + number of documents should be located nearby.
For example,
Attached Image

MrGr1975 @ 04.28.17, 17:12*
... the number of documents to have next.
In the proposed solution, sorting folders by Author in the "Covers with Signatures" view will work in a "non-obvious way".
Those. in your example, let's say for this folder in the Author field is written "ASPRIN, Robert". Where will this folder be located when sorting by Author, if instead of the Author field it is proposed to display the number of books in the folder?

And further, if you write the name of the Author in the "Folder Name" field, as shown inLeff69 * , then sorting by Author will not work correctly.
That is, the ASPRIN, Robert folder does not take its rightful place in the letter "A" (including in the "Skovznoy viewing" mode among his books), but in the place in the letter "(1946-2008)."

Post has been editedstvipo - 29.04.17, 11:28

Special offer from over. 599в‚Ѕ now.

* stvipo
The program seems to be generally a jamb with the definition of the author. EPub is defined, in fb2 - an empty field, you need to fill it yourself. Same thing with annotations. (This does not seem to apply to .fb2.zip, but I do not use them.)
The fact that I put the name of the author by the name of the folder is not a call to do so by default. I feel so comfortable. (Of the three good readers that I have now installed, in one worthless cataloger is just a beautiful shelf, on which I need to somehow navigate in the list of over 1000 books. absolutely all the authors I have, some Vasya Johnson, represented by the only storyteller in a collection, it’s better to be in my Collections folder or, say, Sherlock Holmes. Free sequels.)
Well, of course, I also set the numbers in the "Author" field in the folder’s card for myself, for more information, because I do not use author search. This is not some kind of appeal to remake the reader to my needs.

P.S. I’ll recover from the first point. The annotations are still loaded when the book is opened, but the author remains unfilled.

Post has been editedLeff69 - 01.05.17, 09:48

1. The prediction comes true - all versions of the old tiReader have left the store. Instead, the entire tiReader 2 line appeared at the same prices (Pro - 599в‚Ѕ, Basic - 399в‚Ѕ, Nano - 75в‚Ѕ, Lite - for free).
2. Today a new update 4.5.2 has been released. And yes, the developers have fulfilled the promised: "Application launch time has been reduced several times."
Checked. Previously, in my case (when I opened it in the Library), the application started on iPad Air in 10.7 seconds, and now version 4.5.2 starts in 1.7 seconds.

Leff69 @ 05/01/17, 08:40*
... Annotations are still loaded when the book is opened, but the author remains unfilled.
Not only when you open the book, but also when you open the Info panel and just when you load the book into the library.
And with the Author field, I have the same thing for FB2, and this is an obvious bug. I hope the developers are monitoring this thread and will be in the next update.

* stvipo
No, my annotations are not displayed.
If I upload fb2.zip to the library, then there is an annotation, and, it seems, the author (I’m not sure about the author). It is worth unzipping, and the annotation disappears. Well, when loading just fb2 there is also no annotation, at least open the panel, at least not, until you open the book.
Something went wrong with me, apparently.

Update And, no, everything is fine already with annotations. It can be seen in the latest version fixed.

Post has been editedLeff69 - 02.05.17, 12:58

Import and Export Tags in tiReader
It was necessary to create a list of book genre tags, similar to what is written inFB2 standard.
The task can be solved by the application itself, but manually typing 113 tags of genres is long and boring. Plus corrections of the errors formed, plus corrections of the list in accordance with new ideas that arose during the process - i.e. doubly bored. As a result, a universal way to import / export tags in tiReader was born. The list itself can be edited using a regular text editor or in Excel. Perhaps this technique is useful to someone.

Step-by-step instruction:
1. We take a special popular application that allows you to work with the system folders of iOS applications:
iFunbox ( http://www.i-funbox.com/ Free) or iExplorer ( https://macroplant.com/iexplorer , Paid, but you can easily find the treated version). Both applications run on Windows and Mac OSX. Install it on a PC.
2. We connect the iPad / iPhone with tiReader installed to the PC and launch iExplorer (or iFunbox).
3. Go to the folder Library tiReader applications and find the file there filterTagsOrdered.plist.
This is a regular XML file that can be edited in a regular text editor in UTF-8 format.
Attached Image

4. We copy this file using iExplorer / iFunbox to some folder on the PC and then edit it, as we need.
In the clothespin, the finished filterTagsOrdered.plist file, in which all the tags of the genres of books of the FB2 standard are registered. This list of genres can be used as universal.
5. The edited filterTagsOrdered.plist file is downloaded back to the device in the Library folder of the tiReader application using iExplorer / iFunbox. As a result, we get the desired result:
Attached Image

Tags with the prefix "-" make sense of the genres of books themselves. Tags without the prefix "-" make sense of topics into which genres are grouped.
Books that do not fall into standard genres (that is, belong to the "Other" category of a specific topic) can only be tagged with subject tags. T.O. specific books can have: either only the "Topic" tag, or only the "Genre" tag, or both tags at the same time. Plus tags of related genres / themes to which this book belongs.
In tiReader, this list can be viewed either in the "Manual Sort" mode (as shown in the screenshot above), or in Alphabetical order. To switch these modes, use the button.Attached Image

Attached files

Attached filefilterTagsOrdered.zip(1.41 KB)

Post has been editedstvipo - 24.05.17, 17:43

thankstvipo for instructions on tags (+1).
I tried and it worked out. At the same time, I found several features:
  1. There is no “filterTagsOrdered.plist” file in the specified library folder of the library stvipo until you enter the Tag menu (Tag Filter or Tag Assignment), then you need to enter the “manual sorting” mode and change the order of the tags.
    As a result of the experiments, another method was found that also leads to the appearance of the file "filterTagsOrdered.plist" - to create a new tag that is not assigned to any document.
  2. A series of characters cannot be used in the name of tags: “space”, “underscore”, “percent sign”, “square brackets”, “comma” and “semicolon”.

Well, I wanted the developers to add the function of import / export of tags to the text file in the explicit form in the application. Then you can edit in a simpler way.

Windows XP / 32, iFunbox classic 1.2 b1520.0758, tiReader 2 Pro v.4.5, iOS 10.3.2.

tiReader v4.6.11
What's new:
This update includes:
- WiFi connection. Upload / download files via HTTP and FTP
- Change book / folder covers by choosing from Photos or from the Internet
- For tiReader 2 and tiReader 2 Nano, the ability to upgrade to the functionality of the Pro version is unlocked.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements

Fine! Finally, I know in the face of those whom I read!

And now about the fix, which is not specified in the update, but is taking place.
In previous versions, there was a bug with the extraction of metadata in fb2: authors, and a little earlier than annotations.
I quote from the author’s letter how to fix the problem for those who added books to the library in previous versions:

To "fix metadata in an existing library" in application version 4.6.11, you must "Re-extract metadata" of all empty fields. There are 2 mechanisms for this:
1. Open the Infopanel and make Tap on the cover. In the menu that appears, select the option "Re-extract metadata" (1)

Attached Image

2. The second mechanism works by setting the New attribute, and unlike the first, it can be applied to groups of files. Those. in version 4.6.11, when the New attribute is set, the book metadata is automatically retrieved and they fill in the empty metadata fields of the Application Database.
You can set the New attribute either in the Info panel (2) or from the editing mode for a single file or group of files (3):

Attached Image

In this case, in addition to re-extracting book metadata, the following will happen (as a side effect in the problem under consideration):
- the position of the current page is reset to the beginning of the book. Those. the percentage of read will be equal to 0%
- the book will disappear from the list of "Recent"

Since both mechanisms overwrite only empty fields with metadata extracted from the book, there is no risk of overwriting fields that already contain the original data of the book (previously extracted) or entered by the user (for example, the description field in the book could be empty or not what you need and the user entered his comments there).
If the user needs to refill non-empty fields, then first you need to make these fields empty (clean).
You can clear individual metadata fields of the Library database either through the Info panel (for individual books) or through the editing mode - the Rename operation. For example, Author (4):

Attached Image

Clearing the field Author:

Attached Image

Press the OK button, and the Author field will be cleared for all selected books. And if further, these books set the New attribute, then the Author field will be filled with the original metadata from the book.
--------------------

From myself: with a large number of existing books, work is not for a couple of minutes. But worth it.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 18:48