Modems and communication Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 | [problem] Discussion of communication and mobile Internet

Rep: (342)
Modems and communication Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Mi Account пїЅ | Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X пїЅ

This branch was created specifically to discuss the problems encountered when working with the mobile Internet, including in the networks of the fourth generation. The need to create this branch is due to the overload of the Discussion branch with questions that do not directly relate to the device, such as the "MegaFon LTE problem". Only the version on the MTK processor is discussed here!

Disabling unused frequencies / ranges in an engineer can lead to IMEI / modem dump! Not everyone, but there were precedents. ( Repair IMEI )

List of LTE modes on which Russian mobile operators operate
modems for Redmi Note 4 MTK
Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) and Wi-Fi Calling (VoWi-Fi) in Russia
Important announcement of VoLTE support: information about devices, country and region

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages or toVehicle in QMS. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, it is written here .

Post has been editedherrfelix - 21.10.17, 16:05
Reason for editing: useful-about problem in the Saratov region, VoLte, useful-> only 4G, Announcement about VoLte

Rep: (8)
Well, I will be the first.
I have been using the device for about a month, OPPOS Megaphone. On the street, as well as in the room near the window, 4G reception is sure, rarely where does the city switch to 3G. However, in the room often begins whistle dance. I didn’t notice it at rest, but if I run the video online, as soon as 4G starts showing 4 of 5 reception strips, the body starts to frantically switch 4G-3G-2G and back. The number of switching cycles is limited by the duration of the video viewing, and at this time it can even pause and change the video resolution, which is rather unpleasant.

Post has been editedLongis - 07.04.17, 11:27

Rep: (41)
4g in Novosibirsk, in Moscow and in the Moscow region works

Rep: (4)
Well, I'll be the third.
I have been using the device since November 2016, operator Lifecell (Ukraine). There were constant problems with 3G Internet - the H + icon and the arrows glowed, but in fact the Internet did not work. After a time, Ineta's reconnection in the blind helped, or it was necessary to hold it down for 5-10 minutes and it appeared. But then again after a while fell off. It is characteristic that this is not the first phone on which I observe such a problem - before that I used Jiayu G3S, there was one there too. Therefore, this is hardly a phone problem, most likely something from the operator.
But I didn’t really delve into it, I limited myself to switching to Kyivstar, because their tariff plan does not take into account the traffic of social networks, Viber, Wikipedia and a number of other services. The Internet is stable.

Rep: (7)
4g in Novosibirsk, in Moscow and in the Moscow region works

Good day.
Depends on the mobile operator. I am from Novosibirsk, Tele2 opsoz. LTE Band20, the phone is not supported. I'm sitting on 3G.

Rep: (-12)
3g is not working at all
It disappears every 3 minutes, you have to restart the network
What to do?

Rep: (32)
Moscow / region, 4zh from all operators is, essno not in all areas. Megaphone did not try, MTS is best of all, slightly worse than tele2, Beeline is extreme

Rep: (1043)
* serveladik , Ukraine - that says it all. In terms of many problems in Ukraine.

Post has been editedeldenim - 07.04.17, 13:29

Kemerovo region, 4G-3G works fine. MTS OPPS

Rep: (22)
Woo I have a couple of unflattering epithets about communication. Firstly: indoors, in 4G mode, it appears 2 sticks, but in fact the speed is like in 2G mode, which can jump up to 500 KBytes / s when it comes to quality from the playmarket, and again slide down to almost zero ... -See the 1st stick in the same room can watch videos online, and I even can hardly send posts to Viber ... Well, there is also inadequate logic in switching 2-3-4G ... Modem version almost these 2 problems I do not solve. Opsos iota. On the street, everything works well, no complaints.

Post has been editedaleksey_1981 - 07.04.17, 13:37

Rep: (3)
1. about the Internet breaks with 3G - I advise you to try to insert a SIM card in the second tray.
There is an identical problem at the maze, and I know that it seems like it is sometimes treated in this way (I don’t know how with two SIM cards in trays at the same time).
2. Also, the cliffs disappear completely if you turn on the "only 2G" mode, but of course, here you will sacrifice speed. But for someone, this is a way out in some situations.
Why these Internet hang-ups happen - I don’t know for sure, but there is a theory that this happens when the phone is switched from one communication tower to another. And for some reason, the connection sticks on the Chinese phones at this moment. This is definitely a software side, not iron!
Why? Because some Russian operators have already overcome it themselves. I suspect that this is due to the incompatibility of the old mobile software (hardware) from our drivers and modern Chinese communication modules.
This sticking manifests itself even on my old HTC, but after a couple of seconds it turns on the shuffle of communication modes and the Internet clings again.
Meizu and Xiomi do not do this “shuffle” for some reason, or they do it, but with a very long delay, due to which sometimes it is even necessary to switch on the flight mode.
If I were strong in programming, I would write a small script on the phone, which would include this automatic switching of communication modes when an Internet connection hangs.
But again, in the "only 2G" mode there is no such problem, which again proves that our operators live in the last century! ...

Post has been editedvovich505 - 07.04.17, 14:28

Rep: (8)
4g more than 20 Mbps does not pull on any modem.
Opsos tele2 Rostov-on-Don
If the 4g antenna is full then it works. If at least one shooter lacks a machine, it throws it on 3G.
It is very annoying.
Is there any way to make 4G priority even better?

Rep: (235)
I'll unsubscribe and I) use the phone for about a month, Beeline operator, Moscow. They annoy the connection jumps from 4G to H +, and even from the engineering menu, if you put only LTE, the machine still jumps to H +
Only on the custom AOSP firmware it was possible to put the 4G only mode, it did not fly there.
Now there is an extreme beta for Multim, tested everything on it. The network also jumps, only in 4G does not hold.
In principle, even H + works fairly quickly, but still, personally, I am upset by the connection jumps.

Such jumps greatly affect the battery. I work in the basement, spent a couple of experiments.
1) Network mode setting Preferably 4G, synchronization on, internet on, location on. From 9:00 am 100%, at 18:00 53% of the remainder of the battery.
2) Network mode setting Preferably 4G, synchronization on, internet on, location off. From 9:00 am 100%, at 18:00 58% of the remainder of the battery.
2) Network mode setting Only 2G, synchronization on, internet on, location on. from 9:00 in the morning 100%, at 18:00 79%, and there were 80% -82%.
The mode of use is about the same.

I made a conclusion for myself - under conditions of poor communication and constant network jumps from 4G to H + and to E, it is better to set the network mode to Only 2G. For notifications in social networks, mail is more or less enough.

Now, with the autonomy of the phone I am satisfied as an elephant, the previous iPhone 5S barely kept to the night. Here, in principle, you can work for two working days, but I still charge for the night in the old manner, even with 50% of the remaining charge.

Rep: (404)
I am in the Saratov region, here I learned all the delights of the jumps 3g 4g 2g. And I understood what everyone is writing and complaining about. It is a tin of course. But in Moscow and the region, Ryazan, this is not at all. Everything is always 4g and flies. The phone is the same, the sims are the same, the opsoses Beeline and MTS. From here the conclusion is to blame for the opsocks and their equipment ...

Rep: (285)
* prince235 , a problem on the side of the operator Life. Called the operator. They said they would try to fix it. But in our city we launched 3g a month. Many employees have different Xiaomi, more stable Internet at Kyivstar and MTS

Rep: (0)
The operator Lifecell, there were some serious problems with the Internet (so I got out of sight, I already wanted to change the operator), but after replacing the sim card with a new one (more than 2 months ago), I began to see that
I do not see any problems yet ....

Rep: (167)
* serveladik,
Try to put 62 modem. Of all the devices existing on our device, I have only Gut on it) 3G connects quickly and does not fall off. 2g - faster loading compared to others. Wifi - also without glitches)

Rep: (13)
Well, I'll sign off to the heap. The main problem of my phone is 4G-3G-2G prancing back and forth.

In general, it looks like* Longis only with the difference that I have a beeline. The phone is too early (3-4 poles out of 5, and already went to jump down) switches to the network "below" and difficult to switch back to the network "above." The feeling that his priority is to cling to lower networks, if the highest is not 100%. Well, something like a crooked language if you say. The telephone connection does not suffer at the same time, but it is very difficult to use the Internet: do not go outside in 4G ...
What experiments did you do?
1) firmware. I rolled back to 8.0.4, returned to 8.1.4, sewed 8.1.6, right now it costs from multi. It does not save from network jumps
2) Changed the modems. Everything. Right now is the 72nd. There is no global difference.
3) In the menu "tyzh engineer" forcibly put up 4G - 4J holds up to the victorious, clings to it as soon as at least 1 signal bar appears. It is not clear why he does not do that when he is in auto mode.
4) I changed my SIM card to a new one, inserted it in different slots - the fakir was drunk, the focus failed. All the same.

Any options, such as "to force 2G", etc., associated with forced work in any network, I do not consider acceptable for myself: what for to buy then 4G phone to put in 2G, and for 4G to go out. ..

By the way, I made comparisons: RN3Pro is Chinese (without gangs 20), my current R8000 elephant speaker keeps 4G in the room in the same way, about 3-4 communication bars out of 5. You put RN4 next to it in 3G. In the depth of the apartment, the RN4 generally drops to 2G and 2G-3G starts to drive back and forth, while the RN3pro and P8000 stably hold the 3G. There are no problems on the street - 4G.

What is the reason? I do not know. The feeling that some kind of software jamb: after all, the 4G phone sees, it can sit in it, it just switches early. But not the firmware, nor the modem can not yet beat it. And someone does not. Apparently the majority. Or most do not pay attention to it.

Well, to a heap, this leads to a battery bite: in places where it often jumps, the charge melts before our eyes. You put it forcibly in 2G and the discharge graph noticeably "flattens". That's so unlucky. I have not found a solution yet.

Post has been editedFishbed_83 - 08.04.17, 01:39
Reason for editing: added a bit

Rep: (22)
Vovich505 @ 04/07/17, 15:27*
About the Internet breaks with 3G - I advise you to try to insert a SIM card in the second tray.

Thanks for the tip, I thought about it, but did not see the point. I had an iota in the 1st tray, in the second as a reserve for the MTS communication MTS (MTS in my region has more coverage and can not reach me on the iota), changed them in places - the effect was zero, and then simply removed this MTS and oops, the Internet has ceased to fall off and speed has appeared ... These are the cases).

Rep: (1)
aleksey_1981 @ 08.04.17, 06:55*
Well, I'll sign off to the heap. The main problem of my phone is 4G-3G-2G prancing back and forth.

the same garbage (after the 3rd note it infuriates is unrealistic (he kept everything normally .... \ but in the discussion everyone praised the excellent reception better than that of the 3rd) also tried all the modems - sense 0

No, it doesn’t matter, it’s always falling off for me, it costs t2 in the second tray 3g, sometimes I put MTS unlimited 4g in 1 tray, it also falls off especially when you go, it’s unbelievable

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06.27.19, 02:53