Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 822
Check in: 12.11.15

OCULUS RIFT
CV1, DK2, DK1
Discussion | Purchase | VR games |

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Description and characteristics of devices
Oculus Rift is a virtual reality computer helmet (HMD). His mission is to immerse us in the world of virtual reality and make you believe that it is real. Well, or try to do it.
Official sitehttps://www.oculus.com/
About creators, etc. read here:https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift
Oculus Rift Dev Kit version for developers DK1 (no longer available)
Screen resolution: 1280x800 (640x800 per eye)
Screen Type: LCD
3D effect: Yes, side-by-side technology
The horizontal of the visible area: 90%
Visible area diagonal: 110%
Wired connection: DVI / HDMI and USB connectors
Platforms: PC (Personal Computers)
Motion tracking: head rotation
Head Movement Tracker: 240Hz
Degrees of freedom: 6 degrees
Weight: 380 gr.
Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (DK2) for Developers (July 2014 - December 2015)
Screen resolution: (960x1080 per eye)
Screen Type: AMOLED
3D effect: Yes, side-by-side technology
Horizontal of visible area: 90 degrees
Visible area diagonal: 100 degrees
Sensors: Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer
Wired connection: HDMI and USB connectors
Platforms: PC (Windows Personal Computers, Mac OS X, and Linux)
Motion Tracking: External Camera
Head Movement Tracker: 1000Hz
Degrees of freedom: 6 degrees
Weight: 440 gr.
Characteristics of the helmet version CV1
1080 × 1200 pixels per eye
Refresh rate 75 Hz, 72 Hz, 60 Hz
Viewing angle nominal 110 °
3 ms response time, full
Update frequency of the built-in tracker 1000 Hz (1000 times per second)
Sensors Gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer, infrared sensors
The update frequency of the tracker built into the camera is 60 Hz
Weight 450 g without cable
Oculus Touch controller specifications
Accelerometers Sensors
The vibromotor is
Wireless connectivity -Bluetooth 4.0
Control buttons, joystick, trigger
Compatibility -Oculus Rift, Xbox One
Useful information
The first steps
Checking PC for compatibility with oculus rift (off app)
Checking PC for compatibility with VR through Steam VR
Connection instructions and settings
Connecting Bluetooth headsets via Steam VR
Microsoft .NET Framework Update
Troubleshooting Oculus Setup
Troubleshooting the Oculus Setup installation if it complains about the SSE4.2 processor
Oculus home (RESTAR COMPUTRER) is not installed.
OFFLINE Installer (Oculus home)
The decision to install the driver to the sensor
Solutions to USB problems through Fresco Another way to solve the problem with usb
Repair the Oculus Home catalog if it does not start
Running applications or games without Oculus Homa or without Steam BP

Configuring roomskale (Additional controllers ang version) Setting up 2-3 sensors (with translation) + mounting
Gray screen issue on Steam VR for dk2 gray screen in dk2 (helmet loses camera)
Friezes when turning the head for dk2 ;Still
Full color dynamic range for dk2
Fast cv1 on-off method without USB pulling (OVR service); Another option ; and here in manual ; script (off-on)
How to transfer Oculus Home games to another disk (without reinstalling the software) ; But you can transfer automatically
Switching sound and microphone from cv1 to external devices and back (Tray Tool), via oculus home
Duplicate sound from cv1 to external devices (VoiceMeeter)
Duplication of video on the monitor from cv1 (OculusMirror)
Adding Steam VR app or other game to oculus home
Enhanced viewing angle in Oculus CV1
Oculus Tray Tool Guide
Something about OculusDebugTool
Disassembly and repair for dk2, cv1
For VR developers, Information from the Federal Communications Commission
Voice and video chat, sharing games via facebook through contacts , through steam
How to activate the promotional code
Your Oculus account settings
If vision problems for cv1. adapters for visually impaired сv1
Protection of wires oculus against breakage
Increase color saturation with glasses version cv1
Razer Hydra + oculus dk2
Setting up a Razer Hydra for VR
PS Move + oculus dk2
Cv1 helmet heating test
Recommended USB Extenders, HDMI and Expansion Cards
Black list of equipment and expansion cards defining Oculus
Motherboards for sensor stability
The sound disappears in the right earpiece cv1
Dk2 vs cv1 vs vive vs pimax comparison
Steam VR, error 308
Error composing 306 on SteamVR
If mesh interferes (room borders)
Spud how to disable it
Returns for the purchase of the Oculus Store
For those who have AMD
How to disable oculus home but run games
Solving Internet Speed ​​Problems on Steam
Cooling for Oculus Rift CV1
Quick launch of games through ReviveInjector, or bow (bat)
How to measure FPS in an Oculus Rift
If previously downloaded games that already worked are not running
Oculus Home on the desktop (HomeUnhider)
Replacing the battery on the remote Oculus remote
How to use the Oculus Rift with Viveport
Capture gameplay with the Oculus Rift
Oculus Touch for cv1 version only
How to play cooperative games
Repeater for HDMI cable, by epleshkee
Drivers, Oculus Home
Games
Applications
For developers

Platform Compatibility
Windows 7 (64) +, recommended Windows 10 (64)
Reviews and the first days of use
Polls
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

ATTENTION!
You are welcomeif you post information or ask questions, reportmodelslamdriver versionsandOS.
This will avoid unnecessary questions and save you time.

Picture

���� �������� ���������� � vr ����� ����������� ����� �����-������ ����������� � 13 ����� �� ����������� ������� � Altspace
� AltspaceVR ���� ������� � ��������� " Aleksandr's house party" download

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedZlisten - 04.06.19, 15:37
Reason for editing: (Theme Navigator) Games for VR
bodua555
Message#2
03.04.17, 19:36
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

Congratulations! You have won an Oculus rift virtual reality helmet.
First of all, I suggest that you do not rush to run around the forum and install some applications, this can harm the correct performance of the device. Go through the procedure for its connection, but if everything is already working then we skip this item. Below are links for beginners.Click on them consistently:
Let's go set up together
1. Check your PC with oculus rift
2.Update drivers on PC
3.Connect the helmet with cables to the PC and ....

Everything is ready, you are in Oculus Home (familiarize yourself with the demos and free games that are there)
4. I wanted something new then go to Steam

Eye care rift
Attached fileHeadset cleaning.pdf(83.06 KB)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Now the forum is at your disposal, do not forgetinstall the application on a smartphone and subscribe to our theme oculus rift.
Now you will always be aware of all the new events. Take part and help others, share your experiences, games, applications.
If you have already read the main page and you do not have time to search for the necessary information, you can usePicture
I wish you good luck in the vastness of the virtual world, and on the forum to find a lot of useful information.

Picture

Post has been editedbodua555 - 14.09.17, 15:22

--------------------
GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming / Intel Core i7-7700K / Noctua NH-D15 / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 K2 Kit / GTX1080 strix / Samsung SSD 850 520 MB / s, Corsair Force MP500 3000 MB / s, Oculus cv1 + touch / 2 sensors / Win10x64 (rus \ ore saitek x52 pro. steering wheel g 27)
bodua555
Message#3
03.04.17, 21:29
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

* bodua555,
In the driver attachment for the dk1 or dk2 helmet version of the oculus_runtime_sdk_which are not already supported, but who else may need it, I do not post the other versions since you can download them from the off site
there are old drivers

Picture

Post has been editedbodua555 - 01.09.17, 12:18

--------------------
GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming / Intel Core i7-7700K / Noctua NH-D15 / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 K2 Kit / GTX1080 strix / Samsung SSD 850 520 MB / s, Corsair Force MP500 3000 MB / s, Oculus cv1 + touch / 2 sensors / Win10x64 (rus \ ore saitek x52 pro. steering wheel g 27)
roman_guro
Message#4
04.04.17, 02:17
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 400
Check in: 29.06.10
Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F

Thanks for the topic :) It is rather strange that there was no separate topic on Oculus here.
The other day I go out my top games and programs for it.

Add to the useful
Setting up a room-scale with three or two sensors
https: //www.reddit.com...ki/touch_360_roomscale

Post has been editedroman_guro - 04.04.17, 02:19
bodua555
Message#5
04.04.17, 04:12
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

To run the cv1 rift with support for applications and games in earlier versions of dk2, you must install LibOVRWrapper 1.2 (for SDK 1.3+). (Oculus Rift (Fasting bodua555 # 60189435)it gives us the opportunity to run all that worked on the driver starting with Runtime 0.7 and higher. (Games with driver version 0.6 and lower in cv1 do not work,Pay attention if you have downloaded the game and do not know what driver it is for, open the game folder and there are files if there is a file "directtorift then it is under driver 0.6 and below )

on the likeness of LibOVRWrapper, only switching between drivers by a switch occurs manually, which is not very convenient, for information with the helmet cv1 and home does not work, only for earlier versions, such as dk1,2 click hereOculus Rift (Fasting bodua555 # 60189435)
some transitions may have to restart the PC

Post has been editedbodua555 - 19.05.17, 14:44

--------------------
questioner
Message#6
04.04.17, 15:04
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 407
Check in: 05.04.08

Thanks for the initiative! At 4kpk need such a topic. Let's cut the cap in the best traditions of this forum, and not roll out on 1000 pages.
roman_guro
Message#7
04.04.17, 15:04
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 400

By the way. Instead of VorpX, you can use TriDef 3D driver + Virtual Desktop with SBS output.
He creates a stereo pair for almost any DirectX game.
VorpX is certainly a bit cooler, as they are trying to create not just a stereo pair, but full VR support for certain games, but sometimes TriDef works very well.
For example, I was so happy to play INSIDE this way.
questioner
Message#8
04.04.17, 15:44
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 407

I just became the owner of DK2 yesterday - I added it to the signature, so I just try. I took it for the sake of flight simulators, so in time I will gain experience for a loved one. Only DCS is working for now. While the helmet was waiting for the old DCS to demolish, I downloaded it through Steam. I set up a helmet in an incentive and it became possible to launch DCS in VR mode from a stim. The helmet is not always picked up, then I turn off the helmet, close the SteamBay, turn on the Helmet, run SteamBay and everything is picked up. Only I have a bummer - the video card is so weak that even turning my head without friezes does not work in DCS (R7 260x 2Gb). I ordered GTX1060 6G yesterday, I look forward to it, after 3 days they should bring it.

And still, even with terrible friezes (sometimes up to 2 frames per second), the effect of presence is stunning but ... I have control units (floor-mounted controllers, pedals, a throttle with a long stroke), this is where the sensations of flight and cars are. Let them look at the collective farm, but when all the controls in the virtual and tangible realities are in the same places - it is quite another matter. I imagine what will happen when everything becomes smooth!

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedquestioner - 04.04.17, 15:46
questioner
Message#9
04.04.17, 16:32
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 407

I have a fad on aeronautics. I would like to not be limited to simulators, but to get an airplane or an autogyro someday.

I find it difficult to understand those who do not admire100% 3D effect, 8K rests. About tracking generally keep quiet

Post has been editedquestioner - 04.04.17, 16:43
roman_guro
Message#10
04.04.17, 16:58
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 400

I have an Oculus CV1 with touch controllers and three sensors (room scale)

This is also a very useful tool for any owner of the Oculus.
Oculus tray tool
Allows you to switch performance charts, prevents USB from falling asleep
Includes supersampling for any VR game (you need a productive computer carefully).
https: //forums.oculus..onnect-fixes-hopefully
questioner
Message#11
04.04.17, 18:30
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 407

I've been trying on the old r7 260x for now. In dcs, the picture behaves strangely when the head turns. Maybe there are some settings for Radeon? The video card will wait another week, and fly hunting.

And for some reason, Vartander does not start in Steam mode from Steam.

Post has been editedquestioner - 04.04.17, 18:32
bodua555
Message#12
04.04.17, 19:58
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

links to game resources for the Oculus Rift
Links to games for the Oculus Rift cv1

The main ones today are Steam and Oculus Store (you will find something new to add)
1. http://gamestorrent.co/vr-games
2. IGG Games, Skidrow Games Reloaded, cs.rin.ru Oculus Rift Discussion (Post by kar3dge # 64481084)
3. Sets of games to buy:Oculus Rift Discussion (Post Afrion # 64742128)
4. a collection of games under the runtime 0.7-0,8Oculus Rift discussion (Post bodua555 # 65508832)
5. DontKnockTwice here:Oculus Rift discussion (Post AndruxaMCV # 65795073)
The Climb:https://vk.com/wall-150610223_175
Wilson's Heart:https://vk.com/wall-150610223_176

Attached fileRunning Team Fortress 2 in Oculus Rift.pdf(61.89 KB)
Attached fileRunning Half-Life2 via SteamVR.pdf(55.9 KB)

Guide to the graphics settings ARKTIKA.1 here:Oculus Rift Discussion (Post by Mafiaboy13 # 66251932)

Post has been editedbodua555 - 15.11.17, 13:57

--------------------
questioner
Message#13
04.04.17, 19:59
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 407

Well, no, but I can wait for a week and so that the helmet just lay around)) I will try, if I succeed, I can accomplish my goal.
bodua555
Message#14
04.04.17, 21:23
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

First you need to dochecking your pc for compatibility with oculus riftIt is very useful to those who are only planning a purchase, or to understand already before the fact why it does not have a home installed. Download the application and install it, and it will show you compatibility: your processor, video card, RAM, and other components. If the check mark is green, then everything is fine, and if red, it means that you need to replace the hardware.
Some try to ignore this item and install Home. I will say in advance that during installation you will probably stop at CSS or the latter with graphics, where the demo is launched, you simply will not see it and, accordingly, you may think that your glasses do not work when replacing hardware, for example there was a problem You will go through all the steps without any problems.
Bodua555 @ 04/05/17, 19:04*
according to the recommended requirements, it is like this: percents Intel or amd 3.5 ghz, 8gb RAM, gtx 680 or amd hd7970 video card and higher, 600w power supply unit, windows 7 (64) and higher. By the way, there are still 2 free usb 3.0 ports. and hdmi 1.4 output

And even if the processor seems to be powerful, but when checking red, it is possible to bypass it in the application of the tray tool, see the application in the header, and the translation of its capabilities is also there.
compatibility checker

Attached files

Attached fileOculusCompatCheck.rar(5.37 MB)

Post has been editedbodua555 - 04.12.17, 09:55

--------------------
bodua555
Message#15
04.04.17, 21:28
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

option number 1: instructions for setting up a helmet without Oculus Touch
Installation is recommended on Windows 10 (64) as the practice has shown fewer problems with it, also asw does not work in Windows 7 (that is, see the header in the translation traytool utility)!
1. Connect the helmet, camera and joystick in usb. hdmi
2. Install the latest version of Runtime with Oculus Homehttps://www3.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
While the application is downloading with all the drivers, you can preview the installation here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AFuUye0XFE
PS: To install the Oculus application on another system disk by default, it is installed on the C:rather, it is first downloaded to C as temporary then during the installation it will be deleted and there will be a C file in the programs. For another installation location, you need to create the Oculus folder on this disk and put the Setap binary file, then press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run window ". Enter OculusSetup / drive = [another system disk] (for example, OculusSetup / drive = D). Click OK. Alternatively, you install Oculus home on the C drive, and b applications to another D drive. During the first installation, set this path for example: D / Oculus / software If you specify Cyrillic, then after installation, applications and games will not be downloaded.
In the installation process, follow the instructions, install everything you need on your PC, driver software. This procedure is for the helmet version dk2 and cv1.
When adjusting the default height, you need to get up to full height, in this case the position will be set correctly.
After installation, the demo will start and you will be able to see it with glasses

option number 2: instructions for setting up a helmet with Oculus Touch + 2 or 3 sensors
if you do not have a joystick and remote control only touch, then in the process of setting up the oculus home as in option 1, when you get to the Oculus Touch settings go here and see how to arrange them and what to do:Oculus Rift (Fasting bodua555 # 61773527)

Frequent problem when installing Oculus home
During the installation of Oculus Home, there are problems even with updated drivers, install the update with a firewall of type, although it costs for example Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64, Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64 workaround is described here:Oculus Rift (Fasting bodua555 # 61156809)

some more problems and solutions
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

If you already had some kind of oculus drivers, then it is better to first remove them before a new installation
1) from (control panel - programs and components - all that is deleted about Oculus)
2) cleaning the registry does not hurt (used Ccleaner)

Post has been editedbodua555 - 03.08.17, 11:22

--------------------
bodua555
Message#16
04.04.17, 22:06
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

games on Steam:

registration on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com//login/
Download the program SteamVR on your PC
http://store.steampowered.com/about/
Then we choose the game of your choice
http://store.steampowered.com/search

On the settings in Steam

Go to Steam [menu item]>Check for Steam Client Updates
Click Library>Instruments. Find SteamVR, right-click and select "Properties", go to the "beta" tab. From the drop-down list, select 'beta - SteamVR Beta Update'
(the beta version is not obligatory, this version is the latest, the experimental one is possible as improvements and bugs)
Click "Close" in the lower right corner of the window.
Still in the Tools menu, right-click on SteamVR again and select "Install Game"
Click “Next” twice to install
Make sure your Oculus Rift is enabled and set to Extended Mode
In the Steam menu, select View.>Virtual Reality Mode (BETA)
It is also necessary to migrate and update the OculusConfigUtil distribution from

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Oculus \ Tools
at
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ SteamVR
for the initial definition of the Oculus Rift.
Links may change depending on which disk you installed, and possible software updates.
For CV1, do not transfer anything!
Some solutions to the problems in Steam VR and Steam are here: Oculus Rift (Fasting bodua555 # 63596254)

For those who have Leap Motion
games and demos using hands are available for you, go to the off source:https://gallery.leapmotion.com/category/vr/
https://itch.io/games/...eap-motion/oculus-rift

Adding third-party games to Steam: Oculus Rift (Fasting bodua555 # 63494458)
Picture

Post has been editedbodua555 - 14.09.17, 15:17

--------------------
bodua555
Message#17
05.04.17, 06:40
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

Running games through VORPX, Vireio Perception, Virtual Desktop.
Vireio Perception program: http://www.mtbs3d.com/downloads-section
vorpX - VR 3D Driver here see but it is paidhttps: //shopper.mycomm…eckout/product/46304-2
Attached fileVirtual + Desktop.pdf(137.1 KB)

Virtual Desktop application in the header see

Post has been editedbodua555 - 09.08.17, 08:58

--------------------
bodua555
Message#18
05.04.17, 06:45
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

DISASSEMBLY and REPAIR
Disassembling version DK1https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySwHk8fbcw
Disassembling version DK2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyPfAYGll7Q
Disassembly version CV1https://hi-news.ru/gad…itury-oculus-rift.html
Disassembly version CV1 + description of the filling pdfAttached filedisassembly сv1.pdf(3.58 MB)

How to fix the Oculus Rift DK2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_sSp9yzqY

photo disassembly cv1
Cons in the helmet cv1:
Replacing the Rift fasteners on the user's head is impossible without cutting the fabric that covers the body of the glasses;
the intricate design and mounting design of the cables make it difficult to replace lenses.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedbodua555 - 01.08.17, 14:16

--------------------
bodua555
Message#19
05.04.17, 07:05
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

In attachment toolOculus traytoolfor Microsoft .NET Framework
It helps to solve problems with debugging also switches performance schemes, there is supersampling for VR games, switching sound to external devices and vice versa, bypassing a processor error when checking for compatibility with oculus glasses, transferring games to oculus software from other sources such as Steam
Oculus traytool

Microsoft .NET Framework Update
On the new version, follow this link:https: //www.microsoft .../details.aspx? id = 53344

Picture

Post has been editedbodua555 - 28.08.17, 06:49

--------------------
bodua555
Message#20
05.04.17, 09:46
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 822

for VR developers
Layout of the room, at home:Oculus Rift (Fasting bodua555 # 63358687)
Free software for game and application development 3 dunity3d:https://unity3d.com/ru, https://store.unity.com/en/download?ref=update
engine review:https://unity3d.com/ru…5-135727231.1496055845
Off learning materials for unity3dhttps://unity3d.com/en/learn/tutorials. http://docs.unity3d.ru/
Unity Guide:https: //docs.unity3d.c...rent/Manual/index.html
unity3d forum in Russian:http://unity3d.ru/dist...ion/viewforum.php?f=11
Bedroom Constructor 1.0Bedroom Designer for Oculus Rift dk2 (LEAP motion controller is required for operation)https://yadi.sk/d/VaO4aOlfmKnAj
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/HRzL/EDNERErgZ
Attached fileDOCUMENTATION OCULUS FOR DEVELOPERS. INTRODUCTION TO RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf(167.36 KB)
Attached fileDOCUMENTATION OCULUS FOR DEVELOPERS. BINOCULAR VISION, STEREOSCOPIC VISUALIZATION AND DEPTH INDICATORS.pdf(182.72 KB)

Information from the Federal Communications Commission:Buying virtual reality glasses (Oculus rift and HtS Vive) (Post ~ SimpleX ~ # 64056832)
Register of notifications (on module in controllers and helmet):https: //portal.eaeunio…4cff-a13b-530f96889dbc
Software for the development of additional simulators for glasses (such as chairs in 6DOF):Oculus Rift discussion (Post bodua555 # 63920300)

Post has been editedbodua555 - 15.08.17, 14:24

--------------------
VladimirAl
Message#21
05.04.17, 11:11
User
[offline]

Messages 79
Check in: 24.03.17

Friends, help deal with software Oculus!

Okulus cv1, today in the office they set up .. the main problem is to download software .. i.e. I downloaded from the address oculus / en-us / setup-installed and the software indicated download of 1.5 GB software. I spent almost 2 hours and 2 GB of traffic with megabyte megabyte charging per megabyte (and tomorrow, install it again on a special system under the helmet! Maybe there is a place from where I can download all this software, so as not to torture the Internet from the megaphone again, but to download it at home and to the office on a flash drive ... is it?

509 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 06/20/19 09:47