Asus ROG GL553VE | GL553VD - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2.5 GHz | 8G

Rep: (46)
Asus ROG GL553VE and GL553VD - Discussion
Laptops with Intel Core i5 7300HQ / Intel Core i7 7700HQ, NVIDIA GTX1050 / GTX1050Ti, Windows 10, 15.6 "screen
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Change the axis of the laptop пїЅ | Installing Windows from a flash drive пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software | Accessories | Laptops, TabletPC, UMPC, MID - choice and comparison

Attached Image

Specifications
Processor: Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2500 MHz / Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2800 MHz (older version)
Display diagonal: 15.6 ", LG Philips LP156WF6-SPB6
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 (Full HD)
Matrix Type: TFT IPS
RAM: 8 GB, DDR4 (Hynix HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH)
Maximum RAM Size: 32 GB (2 slots)
Hard Drive: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 1000GB
Optical Drive: DVD-RW (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE1N)
Discrete graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M Ti (in older version)
Video Memory: 4GB, GDDR5
Weight: 2.5 kg
Keyboard Backlight: 4-zone
Battery capacity: 5000 mAh

additional information
The ROG Strix GL553 laptop is a mobile gaming platform preloaded with the Windows 10 operating system. Its hardware configuration includes a seventh-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card with support for Microsoft DirectX 12.

The hardware configuration of the ROG Strix GL553 laptop running the pre-installed Windows 10 operating system includes a seventh-generation Intel Core i7 processor and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card. Powerful components provide high speed in modern games and in “heavy” professional applications.

The keyboard of the ROG Strix GL553 series laptops is optimized specifically for gamers: its keys are made based on the scissor mechanism, and the famous WASD combination is highlighted among the rest. Durable and ergonomic (the key travel depth is 2.5 mm), this keyboard is equipped with a four-zone color backlight that will allow you to play comfortably even at night.

ROG Strix GL553 is equipped with a 15.6-inch display with wide viewing angles, so that the image on its screen does not undergo significant color distortion when viewed from the side. At the same time, anti-reflective coating helps get rid of annoying reflections.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

Utility
Reviews

Possible BSOD Solution (TDR Failure)

Post has been editedstp101 - 19.12.18, 01:22
Reason for editing: Coolers for laptop

Rep: (1)
Good afternoon, I took this laptop (without ssd). 2 questions
1. how to get into recovery mode? :)
2. and what is the best way to copy everything to a new ssd? when cloning, the recovery partition will also be copied and will it be accessible?

Rep: (366)
* YbiCo,
If you are on a recovery partition, then you won’t enter it. When cloning, everything you choose is copied, with an exact copy of the markup.

* DEMON-292,
umm .. but you can’t press “some button” when loading the laptop and fail to reset to factory settings?

* YbiCo,
Look in the BIOS can do something. What's the problem? Is the system dead? Or after cloning does not start? Download the image to a USB flash drive and put it clean. Will be better.

I will describe the situation:
I bought this laptop yesterday with i5, gtx1050 and 1tb hard (without ssd). Immediately to it I bought ssd m.2 for 128 GB.

There are 2 hidden sections on the terabyte file:
1. Windows on ~ 200mb
2. And it seems at 500mb, the "recovery partition".
As I understand it, from the 2nd you can restore the system to the factory settings.

I want to copy all the hard drive to ssd completely. Including this section (to then format terabyte).

I tried to clone hard to ssd using EasyUS ToDo.
Copy system, everything works. (The first hidden section is also there) But there is no 2nd section (recovery).

In the evening or tomorrow I will try to clone through Acronis. Let's see what happens.

Today through DiskPart I cleaned ssd from everything. Delivered Acronic True Image 2016 and cloned from it. It seems that everything worked out - Windows works, All sections are copied.
Well, through the same DiskPart already cleaned the HDD. In any case, made a copy of the disk using Acronic (threw it on the HDD).

Thoughts in the ear on the laptop :):
After a long work on the SSD, the HDD that is in the laptop is very slow. Downloading Windows and all applications from the autoloader (and there are not a few of them, even if you delete it at all) is almost a minute.
If you turn it on for the first time and cut it directly to the Internet, then downloading applications (a lot of applications do not go right away, but they are waiting for access to the Internet to start downloading) and Windows updates will last for many hours (creator update was installed about 3 hours).

So if you have a laptop without ssd, but you bought it separately:
During the first download - DO NOT CONNECT it to an Internet.
Go through the initial setup.
Insert ssd.
Put Acronik (before that, remembering to get into "Disk Management" so that Acronik sees the disk).
And clone the disk (I did not set any additional settings).
mustache.

Rep: (4)
* Kitano8 ,
Good day. Tell me how you coped with your problem?
I have a GL502 VM. So here. A couple of days after the purchase, I found such an unpleasant moment:
When I turn on the computer in the morning, the same thing happens as with you. I make a hard start (I hold down the power button) and then it turns on in normal mode. A little podbeschivaet but works, and thank God.

How did you solve this problem? It seems to me that our HDD is not of the best quality ...

Be careful with the insaider prewiev. The system was not childish. I had to take it down.

Rep: (0)
* Azyvid, There is definitely an SSD slot in all modifications. I won’t be able to answer other questions, I’ll just say that the warranty will not fly off installing RAM. (Just in case, you can simply return the native RAM to the slot)

I confirm.
1. Each model M.2 22x80 has a slot of the type GL553VD. In particular, the GL553VD-FY182T also comes with the M.2 SSD 120 Gb itself.
2. In the service center, at the request to add an additional SATA SSD 250Gb (well, I do not trust the regular Seagate HDD - there are a lot of bad reviews), they explained to me that officially Asus does not prohibit understaffing / changing interchangeable components - there are no seals on the screws.
3. My request for warranty limitations from Asus tech support on GL553VD-FY182T laptop was answered. I quote:
Dear ASUS product user,
No, the conjecture is not true. There is an M.2 interface and now it is just busy with an SSD drive - HFS128G39TND-N210A. As for the independent modernization of the laptop by the user - this is possible and does not affect the warranty (provided that the user does not break anything there). The procedure for performing the upgrade is described in the laptop manual, starting on page 84. The manual itself is available at the link -http: //dlcdnet.asus.co...-915518397.1469700520/.

Please do not change the subject of the letter when answering and keep the correspondence in the body of the letter. This will help us respond to your inquiry faster.
---------------------------------------------------
Best wishes,
Andrey K
ASUS Technical Support
Technical support site:http://support.asus.com

4. I can give personal advice from myself. If you are not greedy for a penny (and I think that you are not greedy if you got into spending on the purchase of the ROG series), then you can go to the Asus local service center and fill out the act with the replacement of the required component. Then, hiding behind this act, change the component as many times as necessary. The main thing is that the date of manufacture of the equipment and the date of execution of the act are logically agreed. In the end, and the component is replaced, and the ass is covered.

So. There is:
laptop: ASUS ROGGL553VD-FY182T (or ZX553VD-DM640T - nomenclature designation in North America)

MB: ASUSTeK GL553VD
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 4x, 2800 MHz
RAM: DDR4, 8Gb (one standard bracket, occupies one of two memory slots)
VGA1: Intel HD Graphics 630 (1 Gb)
VGA2: nVidia GTX 1050 (4 GB, 128bit, GDDR5)
Display: TFT-TN, density 144, 1920x1080 (Full HD), 15.6 "
SSD: Hynix HFS128G39TND-N210A (M.2 22x80, 128 Gb)
HDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA, 1000 GB, 5400rpm, ram 128 Mb)
ODD Optirom: absent (instead of it, the factory adapter-slide ODD SATA - SATA, with the appropriate controller)
Battery: 5000mAh

The kit comes only with screws for an additional HDD, SDD, some papers necessary only for the manufacturer and the actual network adapter PA-1121-28 (output 19V, 6.32A) and preinstalled Windows 10 Home.

I own the device for the third day (I didn’t change anything, except for installing the second SSD), and there are already a lot of questions.
Some of them:
1. After buying the device in the store, you always want to get rid of unnecessary store software (if the exhibit was demo), to make sure that there are no any malicious programs in the system. How to actually reset Windows 10? In the manner of a mobile hard reset.
2. Freshly installed Google Chrome, or rather its window, nervously supports when the mouse cursor moves up and down. Is it a feature of iron or a feature of software?
3. Under load in GTA V at medium settings at the 5th / 10th minute it goes into hibernation (it turns off, as if it were holding a finger on the ON button.). WTF at all? Is this Trottling?
4. I noticed a feature (note for lovers of udalenka): regardless of the user’s Wishlist, the game runs exclusively in windowed mode if Teamviewer.exe is running at the same time. I am not against the window mode, but according to the experience of communicating with GTA V on an AMD HD Radeon 7990 card, I will say that in this mode the pressure on the graphics subsystem is harder, and the FPS is an order of magnitude lower.
5. What the hell does a ROG Gaming Center do on a laptop? In addition to manual manipulations with the keyboard backlight (and then using another subroutine) and the speed of the cooling fan, it does not know how.

Post has been editedperomierdapasa - 31.07.17, 15:20
Reason for editing: error handling

* peromierdapasa,
1. Put Windows cleanly, your license will remain on the servers of small soft ones and will be tightened by itself, only it is necessary that there would be an account.
2. I didn’t notice this at home. And I don’t use chrome.
3. I threw out the last feces of it, due to lack of RAM, increased it and everything works. But I threw it to the desktop.
4. I won’t say anything about the remote, but in the game center you can register what to do when the application starts, there are profiles and settings in them (clear the memory, turn off the touchpad, sound settings ... etc., etc.) in addition, you can pick up a smartphone (there is an application in the market) and observe the parameters in real time.

Post has been editedDEMON-292 - 31.07.17, 16:30

Hello, I need advice, I want to buy Asus GL553ve, but I heard that there are problems with cooling, I asked a question on the asus rog forum, no one answered.
At the same forum, people write about a large increase in temperature immediately after starting the game (etc.), and also turning off the laptop itself, if you manually set the fan (cooler) speed, discard the temperature screenshots that you have when using this model.

Hello! Also became the owner of the VD model, of course I like everything at first glance! But, there is a nuance that seems to be not critical but probably a little annoying: with some kind of system sound, like when the confirmation window for launching the application pops up as an administrator, the sound is accompanied by a small click (as if the volume goes off scale, clip clip if anyone understands what am I talking about), the volume is naturally not full! At the same time, the music seems to play smoothly, I have not had time to watch the games yet, but here are some system sounds ...
Is this the norm? Mzht somehow treated? Does anyone have this?

Rep: (40)
DEMON-292 @ 07/31/17, 18:29*
Put Windows cleanly, your license will remain on the servers of small soft ones and will be tightened by itself, only it is necessary that there would be an account.
When buying, when testing, I did not enter the user name and at this stage I turned off the laptop. At home, Windows could not boot even from the recovery, I had to demolish it. And how can I recover the key now? I will install a clean Windows, and I do not have accounting from ms. If I register now, will the license be tightened?

* AkulaBig,
Yes, litsuha is attached to iron, I have already demolished everything 5 times.

Now I install 10 home clean. At the installation stage, I immediately connected the Wi-Fi and created an account of small soft ones. Updates are now being installed. Wi-Fi is not very, 4 gigs are installed for a very long time. But it was famously done at 10, that at this time you can work with a computer. Let's see how it all ends. While Windows is not activated. Does she somehow report this or is everything silent?

* AkulaBig,
Silently, it will be updated and check, it will be activated

Updated, but so far nothing has happened. Logged in with a Microsoft account. Will wait. Have you even entered the number?

* AkulaBig,
Entered nothing! Look in the settings, check the license or something like that.

Post has been editedDEMON-292 - 08.08.17, 08:53

I will try. I pressed the button "changed iron". Does not see my iron. I clicked activate. Asks to buy.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 02:39