Asus ROG GL553VE | GL553VD - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2.5 GHz | 8G

Rep: (46)
Asus ROG GL553VE and GL553VD - Discussion
Laptops with Intel Core i5 7300HQ / Intel Core i7 7700HQ, NVIDIA GTX1050 / GTX1050Ti, Windows 10, 15.6 "screen
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Change the axis of the laptop пїЅ | Installing Windows from a flash drive пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software | Accessories | Laptops, TabletPC, UMPC, MID - choice and comparison

Attached Image

Specifications
Processor: Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2500 MHz / Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2800 MHz (older version)
Display diagonal: 15.6 ", LG Philips LP156WF6-SPB6
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 (Full HD)
Matrix Type: TFT IPS
RAM: 8 GB, DDR4 (Hynix HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH)
Maximum RAM Size: 32 GB (2 slots)
Hard Drive: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 1000GB
Optical Drive: DVD-RW (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE1N)
Discrete graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M Ti (in older version)
Video Memory: 4GB, GDDR5
Weight: 2.5 kg
Keyboard Backlight: 4-zone
Battery capacity: 5000 mAh

additional information
The ROG Strix GL553 laptop is a mobile gaming platform preloaded with the Windows 10 operating system. Its hardware configuration includes a seventh-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card with support for Microsoft DirectX 12.

The hardware configuration of the ROG Strix GL553 laptop running the pre-installed Windows 10 operating system includes a seventh-generation Intel Core i7 processor and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card. Powerful components provide high speed in modern games and in “heavy” professional applications.

The keyboard of the ROG Strix GL553 series laptops is optimized specifically for gamers: its keys are made based on the scissor mechanism, and the famous WASD combination is highlighted among the rest. Durable and ergonomic (the key travel depth is 2.5 mm), this keyboard is equipped with a four-zone color backlight that will allow you to play comfortably even at night.

ROG Strix GL553 is equipped with a 15.6-inch display with wide viewing angles, so that the image on its screen does not undergo significant color distortion when viewed from the side. At the same time, anti-reflective coating helps get rid of annoying reflections.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

Utility
Reviews

Possible BSOD Solution (TDR Failure)

Post has been editedstp101 - 19.12.18, 01:22
Reason for editing: Coolers for laptop

Rep: (0)
Hello everyone! Faced such problems on the Asus ROG GL553VE Windows 10 Home:
1. a couple of days ago it all started, when switching Shift + Alt (left) the languages ​​stopped switching, but instead (for example) if you open any folder with the right mouse button, it pops up the properties of the folder, and the folder does not open and if you press Shift + Alt again then everything is fine, the same Alt + Tab does not work.

2. After the hibernation mode, the keyboard stopped working, but it glowed, rebooted the computer so it stopped glowing and reacted, restored Windows through the reserve (I decided to restore it because I thought I caught the virus) and everything worked for a day, but today I started the game Pubg ( Played and the game crashed, sometimes this happens with the pubg), restarted the computer and the keyboard died again and the restart did not help, I had to remove the cover, remove the battery (such as hard reset, other manipulations did not help) and the keyboard worked again! Do you have any thoughts on this ?? What kind of driver flies or is there a malfunction ?? Always carefully managed the laptop and did not install any left software. And by the way, after reinstalling Windows from the backup, the first problem also did not go away.

Post has been editedsk25reg - 10.04.19, 03:31

The latest news, today after the hibernation, the keyboard died, in general there is zero reaction to any actions, except the On / Off button, in the device manager the keyboard sees and uninstalls the drivers, reinstalling it did not help, pulled out the dongle and reinserted from the keyboard again without a chance! As a result, I decided to pull out the SSD and check if it works, maybe something is blocking it, it did not help, and then on the contrary pulled out the HHD for 1TB, and the SSD left and the keyboard worked! Does anyone have any thoughts on all this? my laptop?))))

Sk25reg @ 04/10/19, 16:23*
The latest news, today after the hibernation, the keyboard died, in general there is zero reaction to any actions, except the On / Off button, in the device manager the keyboard sees and uninstalls the drivers, reinstalling it did not help, pulled out the dongle and reinserted from the keyboard again without a chance! As a result, I decided to pull out the SSD and check if it works, maybe something is blocking it, it did not help, and then on the contrary pulled out the HHD for 1TB, and the SSD left and the keyboard worked! Does anyone have any thoughts on all this? my laptop?))))

Again it stopped working ... in general, I connected the USB keyboard and I'm sitting in sorrow

Rep: (56)
* sk25reg,
the only suggestion is to try reinstalling the system cleanly
Do not restore from the backup, namely cleanly put Windows and firewood

Rep: (26)
Guys how to activate Dolby sound? in the store asks to buy, it just doesn’t switch

Rep: (4)
Hmm* foxik1222 , in the Dolby Access store is designated as free.

I handed over a laptop to the Asus SPb official representative service center promised 2 days of diagnosis to find out why Klava doesn’t work! As a result, 2 days pass, I’ve been calling all day, but they don’t pick up the phone, I went on 2 gis and the hair from the reviews didn’t stand on end)) I went the next day and picked up the laptop, I come home I take off the lid and see that they didn’t even touch the laptop)) They work like that)) guys before reading the technique read reviews in 2GIS at least)) they will pick it for 45 days according to the law and time goes by, sometimes it’s better to pay 3-4 thousand and get those CGI back than it will have to gather dust on the shelves!

Rep: (1)
within a week, the motherboard and both hard drives were replaced under warranty)) so it's not so simple)

Attached Image

If someone is suddenly wondering how cool the new MK11 works on our laptop.

Good evening, would such a HyperX HX424S14IB / 16 be suitable for the GL553ve? Will live on 14 timings? And does it make sense to take 32GB?

Rep: (14)
* iasluchaino if percent ah 5 then no !!!

no I5, I7 is worth the Samsung Evo pro, I think I need 32GB or not bother

* iasluchaino, But why do you need a memory drain? Do you work professionally with audio-video?

* Foland11 , he naively thinks that the RAM will give an increase in games directly explosive and directly accelerate work to heaven; in fact, the power of work depends on the processor and video card powerful because you can have a powerful laptop and few RAM and not a high-speed screw and it will work smartly but you can have a weak a laptop and at least 100 GB of RAM the fastest screw and there will be at least some sense ... now there are new laptops from the asus you need to buy something, the truth I think the prices will be terrible but I would take the new asus marshmallow with the latest processor and the video card 2070

Post has been editedFellennn - 25.04.19, 15:48
Reason for editing: Typo

You just need a universal harvester, so as not to bother with “slows down. Doesn't slow down”, music and video happen, not prof, but sometimes you have to do something.

Fellennn, and I watch you are a telepath directly, so famously make inferences

Post has been editediasluchaino - 25.04.19, 16:32

* iasluchaino , well xs, I increased it to 16 GB - and then with a margin, I think for other components of this laptop - 32 will already be unnecessary.

Posted on 04/25/2019, 17:33:

* Fellennn , the new Zephyrus will cost about 200k, it can not even be compared with our horse. xD

* fr4nki3 , yes it will be a cool laptop

Posted on 04/25/2019, 18:13:

* iasluchaino , great experience on laptops and computers and not telepathy ...

Fellennn @ 04/25/19, 15:46*
Foland11, he naively thinks that the RAM will increase in games directly explosive and directly accelerate work to heaven, in fact, the power of work depends on the processor and video card is powerful because you can have a powerful laptop and a little RAM and not a high-speed screw and it will work great and you can have a weak laptop and at least 100 GB of RAM the fastest screw and there will be at least some sense ...

I agree! : yes2:
Well xs, I increased it to 16 GB - and then with a margin, I think for other components of this laptop

And I increased to 16 - for the eyes! Plus, I installed the SSD M2 at 250GB - the RAM and the programs on it. That's the whole upgrade for this laptop. IMHO optimal.

Threat want power for heavy games and their independence - then in the price class of 150 thousand. No less! :-D

* Foland11 I agree a minimum of 100-120 thousand and the laptop will be cool

* Fellennn, if we speak for Asus, then 100-120k is not enough for a cool laptop.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 13:51