Asus ROG GL553VE | GL553VD - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2.5 GHz | 8G

Rep: (46)
Asus ROG GL553VE and GL553VD - Discussion
Laptops with Intel Core i5 7300HQ / Intel Core i7 7700HQ, NVIDIA GTX1050 / GTX1050Ti, Windows 10, 15.6 "screen
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Change the axis of the laptop пїЅ | Installing Windows from a flash drive пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software | Accessories | Laptops, TabletPC, UMPC, MID - choice and comparison

Attached Image

Specifications
Processor: Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2500 MHz / Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2800 MHz (older version)
Display diagonal: 15.6 ", LG Philips LP156WF6-SPB6
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 (Full HD)
Matrix Type: TFT IPS
RAM: 8 GB, DDR4 (Hynix HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH)
Maximum RAM Size: 32 GB (2 slots)
Hard Drive: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 1000GB
Optical Drive: DVD-RW (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE1N)
Discrete graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M Ti (in older version)
Video Memory: 4GB, GDDR5
Weight: 2.5 kg
Keyboard Backlight: 4-zone
Battery capacity: 5000 mAh

additional information
The ROG Strix GL553 laptop is a mobile gaming platform preloaded with the Windows 10 operating system. Its hardware configuration includes a seventh-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card with support for Microsoft DirectX 12.

The hardware configuration of the ROG Strix GL553 laptop running the pre-installed Windows 10 operating system includes a seventh-generation Intel Core i7 processor and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card. Powerful components provide high speed in modern games and in “heavy” professional applications.

The keyboard of the ROG Strix GL553 series laptops is optimized specifically for gamers: its keys are made based on the scissor mechanism, and the famous WASD combination is highlighted among the rest. Durable and ergonomic (the key travel depth is 2.5 mm), this keyboard is equipped with a four-zone color backlight that will allow you to play comfortably even at night.

ROG Strix GL553 is equipped with a 15.6-inch display with wide viewing angles, so that the image on its screen does not undergo significant color distortion when viewed from the side. At the same time, anti-reflective coating helps get rid of annoying reflections.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

Utility
Reviews

Possible BSOD Solution (TDR Failure)

Post has been editedstp101 - 19.12.18, 01:22
Reason for editing: Coolers for laptop

Finally I took my GL553, in ozone they allowed me to open, turn on and see everything, despite the fact that I arrived 20 minutes before lunch (15 of which I was waiting for the first turn on).
Attached Image

Post has been editeddima_4.1.1 - 22.03.17, 17:18

Some characteristics that are not always written about (if at all). Maybe someone will help with the choice.

HDD:Seagate ST1000LM035 1000GB
RAM:Hynix 8GB DDR4 (HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH)
Monitor:LG Philips LP156WF6-SPB6
Drive (if someone needs him in 2017): HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE1N(on request in google the first link is aliexpress, so make your own conclusions)

If something else interests you, write in the subject, I will answer.

Post has been editeddima_4.1.1 - 16.04.17, 11:35

Backup copy of all drivers with GL553VD-FY115T, maybe someone will come in handy
Yandex.Disk

Post has been editeddima_4.1.1 - 30.04.17, 20:56

Rep: (366)
It seems that the branch is only emerging, I will support it. I took an ASUS ROG STRIX GL553VD-FY056T with a Core I7 7700 and GT1050ti 4Gb. Other characteristics are similar. RAM increased to 16Gb (8 was not enough for the last Call of D). It’s more attentive here, we have a memory with a frequency of 2400Mgz, but if you put the second bracket 2133Mgz, then everything will work at a frequency of 2133. I put M2 on 128Gb under the system. Well, instead of a DVD, I stuck my own screw, and in its place Ssd Kingston at 120Gb. There is also a nuance, if you decide to install, then choose a thin adapter, because we have DVD Rom just 9mm thick. Ali sells a lot of aluminum, but they are mostly 12mm thick. Look for 9mm.

Post has been editedDEMON-292 - 29.04.17, 11:26

* DEMON-292,
And what company M2 you bought. I also plan, but I thought to buy with a margin of 256gb

* dima_4.1.1,
Took on
Ali
NGFF 82 * 22 SSD kingspec 128GB 256GB Mini Pcie Solid State Drive for Thinkpad for Lenovo for dell for hp With channel: 128 MB
http://s.aliexpress.com/zQjui22u
(from AliExpress Android)
Comes with a bolt in the kit. Month delivery to the Krasnodar Territory.

Post has been editedDEMON-292 - 30.04.17, 00:07

Rep: (0)
Guys, I bought Asus rog strix gl553vd for 3 days, I have such a problem, the disk is 100% loaded, as a result of which everything hangs, no one had it either?

Edik9850 @ 05/06/2017, 15:36*
Guys, I bought Asus rog strix gl553vd for 3 days, I have such a problem, the disk is 100% loaded, as a result of which everything hangs, no one had it either?

It was. Most likely, Windows is updating, you need to wait.

Also, see in the task manager which process loads the disk

Post has been editeddima_4.1.1 - 06.05.17, 13:53

The update has already passed, the standard services are loading the system, it seems upset so, I wanted to bring it back already, thoughts such that a jamb of iron

* edik9850, I had it too. Then I got rid, frankly, I no longer remember how. Now only the first minutes after turning on loads the disk, but it does not affect performance. After starting, I immediately start the game, it doesn’t lag anything.

I deleted the built-in as unnecessary, such as cropped Skype, Facebook, something else. Googled by the name of the most devouring process, you may find something useful. Or at least you will understand what kind of program it can be, you can delete it. At first I was also very upset, but now everything is fine.

A good review with the disassembly of our device!

Post has been editedDEMON-292 - 06.05.17, 22:21

Measuring the speeds of different screws on my beech.
Attached Image
: thank_you:

Post has been editedDEMON-292 - 06.05.17, 22:42

Who will tell you if the FPS drops on VE 7-ku?

I tried everything, I removed everything left from startup, the rogcentre did not install, firewood everything except vidyuhi (updated) from the site, installed firewood on the printer, in the display shows the installation of winus drivers - 15% CPU load, it warms up like Battlefield1 or the Witcher during the game 3 at maximum speeds, what kind of crap I can’t understand, I turned off the processes and printer services, the temperature and loading of the processor dropped, but I launched Andromeda which flew a week ago, now "a step forward or two back" who can explain what kind of crap ????

Soooo. What SSD m.2 is supported in our laptop? 2280 size, as I understand it. And which connector? B or M or B + M?
Text
Nevertheless, if there is an M.2 slot in the computer or on the motherboard, and you plan to fill it with a solid-state drive, then you need to check a few things first:

* Does your system support M.2 SATA SSD, M.2 PCIe SSD or both versions of drives at once?
* If the system has support for M.2 PCIe drives, how many PCI Express lines are connected to the M.2 slot?
* What arrangement of keys on the SSD card does the M.2 slot in the system allow?
* What is the maximum length of an M.2 card that can be installed on your motherboard?

* dima_4.1.1,
A little higher link to Ali, I postpil such. In the description there is infa about the connector and dimensions.

I looked at Yandex Market, it seems that now only B + M is released, that is, with two .. contacts

* dima_4.1.1, We have a b & m key connector.
Or NGFF call it.
Here is a good article about ssd M2 types!

Post has been editedDEMON-292 - 25.05.17, 10:54

Rep: (2)
Guys tell me someone was 7-ku put ?. Is it possible? If so, tell me what BIOS settings should be set.

Rep: (-1)
Question on this laptop model.
ASUS GL553VD have a lot of modifications. Types FY073T, FY115T, etc.
They are completed depending on the modification. For example, FY073T has HDD and SDD. And FY115T has HDD but no SSD.
So the question itself is: will all modifications regardless of the presence or absence of an SSD drive have a slot for this same SSD?
And another question: will the laptop fly off the warranty if you replace the RAM in it and change / add the SSD, and when returning for warranty repair, return everything as it was?
Where in this laptop is the key for WIN 10 sewn? When replacing the drive on which the system stands, will I lose my native license or not?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 00:10