> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Microsoft Lumia 640 Windows 10 Mobile - Discussion | Microsoft Lumia 640 Windows 10 Mobile

Rep: (596)
Discussion Microsoft Lumia 640 Windows 10 Mobile
Attached ImageMicrosoft Lumia 640 3G DS / Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE / Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE DS

Dear friends! Be mutually polite! Say "Thank you" by increasing your reputation.
If you do not have 15 more useful posts, ask the moderators to raise their reputation by clicking the "Complaint" button under the message of the one who helped you.

Attention! Hereprohibiteddiscussion of issues that do not fall under the theme (Offtop),
as well as the creation of messages that do not carry useful information (flood)!
Also try to avoid in your messages lyrical digressions and reflections on the meaning of life!
For open conversations, we have the appropriate sections!

We hide screenshots and great texts under the spoiler, how to do it is written here.Working with Images on the forum
Screenshots that are not under the spoiler will be deleted without warning.

Before you ask a question about Windows Phone 8 -carefullystudyingFull Windows Phone 8 FAQ

Lumia 640 Specifications
Operating system:
Windows 10 Mobile
Size and weight:
  • Length: 141.3 mm
  • Width: 72.2 mm
  • Thickness: 8.8 mm
  • Weight: 145 g
Display:
  • Screen Size: 5 "
  • Display Resolution: HD (1280 x 720)
  • Number of colors: TrueColor (24 bit / 16 million)
  • Display technology: IPS matrix withClearblack
  • Pixel density: 294 ppi
  • Sensor technology: Capacitive with multipoint-touch technology
  • In addition: The functions allowing to work in the conditions of a bright sunlight, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Glass
Memory:
  • Built-in memory (ROM): 8 GB
  • Random access memory (RAM): 1 GB
  • Maximum memory card capacity (microSD): 128 GB
  • Free cloud storage (OneDrive): 30 GB
  • User Data Storage: In Device: Memory Card, OneDrive Cloud Storage, Data and Application Storage on Memory Card
Battery:
  • Removable battery: Yes
  • Battery capacity: 2500 mAh
  • Battery voltage: 3.8 V
  • Maximum standby time with two SIM cards: 36 days.
  • Maximum talk time on a 2G network: 26.5 hours
  • Maximum talk time on a 3G network: 17.5 hours
  • Maximum music playback time: 86 hours
  • Maximum Internet browsing time via Wi-Fi connection: 10.8 h
  • Maximum video playback time: 8.6 h
CPU:
  • Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
  • Number of cores: Four cores
  • Clock frequency: 1200 MHz
  • Graphics chip: Adreno 305
Sensors:
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Space orientation sensor
  • Proximity sensor
  • Magnetometer
  • SensorCore
Features:
  • Removable rear panel
  • Doube-tap
  • Screensaver function
  • Touch control
  • Vibrate
  • Voice commands
  • Smart keyboard
Keyboard and input:
  • User Input: Touch
  • Dual volume key
  • On / off key
  • Back, Start (Start), Search - Touch

Camera:
  • Main camera: 8Mpix
  • Autofocus: Yes
  • Video: 1920 * 1080 pixels (30 frames / second)rear, 720p (30 frames / sec)frontal
  • Flash: Yes (LED)
  • Front camera: 0.9Mpix
  • Optional: BSI Sensor, f / 2.2, Zoom 4x
F.A.Q.
Is the back panel glossy or matte?
All glossy exceptblack .

Glance Screen is?
Yes.

Does it come in a black cap if you order a color model?
The black cover in the kit does not go if you order a color version.

How does the phone switch to silent mode?
Click on any button swing volume control. Two "slider" will come out. Click next to them on the icons "bell" and "notes." Only vibration will remain. If it is necessary to remove it, then click on "Enable vibration". To get it back, do the same.

How to remove the battery?
This is a feature of this. He sits very tight. Take a screwdriver, only gently, without fanaticism.

Does Lumia 640 have an NFC 3G version?
Yes, absent.

If you surf the Internet with SIM # 1 and call SIM # 2, will they call me?
Yes.

Will it be enough for comfortable communication in the zone of confident reception of 3.5G speed? (for 3G models)
See answerhere.

What is the camera aperture: f /?
See technical specifications for the answer.

Tile "contacts" medium size constantly flashes, which is very annoying. How to make this tile static?
Tile contacts cannot be made static when it has a large or medium size. If reduced to small, then they will not.

How can I add buttons to the top curtain? And then I have a little four pieces.
Buttons with labels are always four, no longer can be put. On these four, you can put only the most necessary.

How to add more details to the screen lock? Five is not enough for me.
There are only five shortcuts on the lock screen, so this is also the most necessary.

I don’t use the 2nd sim card, but its icon is constantly visible as an inactive sim, is it possible to remove it somehow?
It is impossible.

Is it possible to paint the tiles of calls (and SMS) in different colors depending on the SIM?
The colors themselves are not changed. The color of the first tile is the main one set in the settings, the second one changes depending on the installed system color (it differs for a couple of tones). (You can also see an example with screenshotshere).

Is it possible to display the weather and calendar on the screen off? (About GlanceScreen)
Clocks can be displayed, and notifications of selected applications. Weather, it seems, only the lock screen is possible.

What about oleophobic coating?
Oleophobic coating is, and it is of good quality. There are almost no prints, and those that appear from somewhere are erased by one movement.

Discounts added up?
No, they do not add up.

Support wireless charging (QI)?
Information is specified. At the moment it is known that for Lumia 640 there will be no QI support at all.

Like the 640 with GPS, do satellites catch well?
Excellent catches.

Does this device have a full-fledged offline GPS or GLONASS?
In Lumia 640 of all modifications there is a full-fledged receiver of signals from GPS and GLONASS systems.

How to build? Does the crunch crackle? Is there any backlash?
It is assembled perfectly, everything is tight, elastic, without gaps and backlashes.

What is the width of the frame on the sides in mm?
together with the case of 4 mm

How does the sensor / multitouch work?
10 touches, everything is fine.

Is the voice speaker in the 640 model normal, not deaf like some? You can clearly hear the interlocutor on that side?
You can hear clearly, the interlocutor did not hear extraneous noises

Is there a sensor sensitivity setting?
Not.

Can I install on the desktop two rows of middle tiles?
Yes.

Is it possible for the on-screen keyboard to enable vibration, as on the system buttons?
There is no such possibility.

If the vibrating alert is on, does it vibrate a couple of times at the beginning of the call when it rings, then only the ringing tone plays?
Yes. This is a WP feature.

What is the maximum memory card capacity?
128 GB

What type of memory card formatting is supported?
The memory card must be in FAT or exFAT format. The smartphone itself formats in exFAT.

Does this line of phones support USB-OTG?
No, it does not. Perhaps something will change with the release of Windows 10 Mobile.

Does Flash video play in Internet Explorer?
Not. Windows Phone does not play Flash content.Yes, absolutely.

Will the chargers from other companies? (Asus, Samsung, LG, etc.)
Original best. But, at your own risk, you can try third-party chargers that are suitable for the parameters.

What program constantly pulls the GPS when unlocking the device?
Settings ->Phone search ->Uncheck "Periodically save location until the battery is discharged."

How to turn off the sim card?
Settings ->Cellular network + SIM. There are settings items installed SIM-cards, where they can be disabled.

How to make a Full Reset (Hard Reset) and Soft Reset (Soft Reset)?
We readhere.
Device Reviews
Utility
Links to useful topics

Post has been editedUncle - 05.11.17, 16:27
Reason for editing: Updates to version 1709

Rep: (7)
Konsta @ 02/20/2019, 05:09*
And without the application of my airline, which generates a QR code, aka a boarding pass?

People have problems)

Posted on 02/20/2019, 10:52:

Can someone tell me where to get it better. And then I broke one phone, I think to fix it

Last timehereordered. Norm

Post has been editedSigiest '? - 20.02.19, 10:53

Rep: (236)
This morning I went on business, the battery charge was 92%. I did not use the phone for an hour. Returning home, he took out the phone, and he turned off. I connect the charging - vibro - logo - the icon of the discharged battery, asks to connect the charging. I take the battery from my spouse's phone, everything is fine. I put my battery in her phone - vibro - logo - the icon of the discharged battery, asks to connect the charging. Conclusion: the battery, which lasted 3 years, still holding a charge of 1, 1.5, 2 days up to 20%, suddenly abruptly departed to another world: D. I ordered it on the craftmann website, it's expensive, but I really like the phone. All that I need is still working. I wanted to order Pocofon 1, but changed my mind, from the 640th I will be until the end of her days. I got the 650th from the nightstand, until Thursday I will be on it.

Rep: (15)
For those who are looking for batteries. I took one. Measuring 2470 mah release May 2016.
Battery

Post has been editedMation - 22.02.19, 20:10

* Mation,
The link leads here:
Attached Image

Rep: (24)
* Stranger47,
Everything is fine with me, it leads to the goods.
And by the way, everyone since February 23.

* Nizhegorodets-2,
* Mation,
Chrome leads to the site, opera for goods, I'm sorry ...

Rep: (1)
I ask for advice.
Which of the w10m builds is the most stable and most similar in speed to 8.1? Now it’s worth 10586 and it seems to be nothing, but not all applications agree to put it

Rep: (70)
I don’t know if this is a bug or a feature. Did a reset, rolled up a backup. It seems that everything works, then for the sake of what the reset did, it was cured. But such strange behavior appeared, with Yandex.Navigator running, all events occur without sound, neither SMS, nor calls, nor messengers do not blink and do not ring. Before the reset, the sound did not behave like that. Where to dig? What to tighten up. It seems everything was covered, and did not find where to turn on the sound back.

Rep: (42)
* SimbaD21,
In my experience, after resetting, I do not raise backups, because it happens that some minor bugs are caught. On the navigator, as an option, check whether the sliders are in the notification settings. Or remove the application, reboot and install again.

* Samlp,
Reinstallation did not help. Maybe you need to tighten up the sound routing somewhere? Only where?

Rep: (42)
* SimbaD21,
Parameters - System - Notifications and actions, and see if the sliders are there, if so, scroll down and see in the appendix whether the sliders are in it.

* Samlp,
All sliders are in the on position. And notifications usually sound normal. Some kind of crap with the fact that in the foreground an application with sound is not in “Call and notifications”, but “Multimedia and applications”. Calls and notifications are not heard at this moment. Well, if you notice a blinking curtain. It seems that you will have to do a reset and not use a backup.

Rep: (2)
Question: which application will show the location where there is no connection at all?
I tried the standard Maps, Yandex maps-without the Internet does not want to work.
Does not determine my location (in the settings, all the sliders are on)

Post has been editedGuardian_ - 23.03.19, 05:20

Rep: (144)
Guardian_ @ 03.23.19, 04:57*
I tried the standard Maps

And were the cards uploaded to the smart?

Yes. In the phone’s memory.

Rep: (144)
Just checked: everything works offline. Recheck the cards.
Although in your case it is very similar, the matter is not in the cards. Leave the phone longer in the open sky. If the almanac has not been updated for a long time (it was online), the GPS chip will calculate the location longer. Of course, if there is no problem with the GPS antenna and hardware

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedkonsta - 23.03.19, 06:02

* Guardian_,
I understand you are on vacation and went somewhere? A month ago, I also encountered this on vacation. The location worked very poorly, showing-not showing without any system. I just used Maps.

konsta
Cards reloaded. I will try.

Nizhegorodets-2
At work, sometimes you have to be in the dead zone.
so at least let navigation work, orient yourself if you can

Post has been editedGuardian_ - 24.03.19, 02:20

Rep: (10)
Hello, I'm going to install Windows 10. Can there be a problem in the fact that data from the phone can be erased?

* Vitaliy_Kopoi,
It depends on how you set it. If there is no problem now with 8.1, then put it right like that, without any dumps. Everything will be saved, even screensavers, calls, SMS. Viber just going to re-enter.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/14/19, 12:50