Modems and communications Samsung Galaxy S7 | [problem] Solving communication problems

Rep: (60)
Modems and communicationSamsung Galaxy S7
PictureSM-G930F, SM-G930FD
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase S7 / S7 Edge пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Official firmware SM-G930F / FD пїЅ | Official firmware SM-G930P / A / R / T / V / U пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ | AOSP firmware (LineageOS, RR, etc.) пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modems and communication пїЅ | Discussion camera S7 / S7 Edge пїЅ | Modification and decorations пїЅ | S7 / S7 Edge Owners Club пїЅ

• Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Important information
This topic is devoted to the problem, due to which the signal of cellular communication and the Internet is lost, and as a result, dialers and SMS about missed calls

When reporting errors, it is necessary to indicate:
1. The firmware on which the network dumps occur;
2. Regional affiliation of the telephone;
3. Where was the phone purchased?
4. Availability of root access;
5. The mobile operator.

Remember, the more people contact this problem in Samsung, the more likely they are to deal with it.
Samsung Members |Samsung Live Chat| Hot line8-800-555-55-55

Possible solutions
Modem firmware
The surest way to solve the problem is to flash another modem
Instructions for modem firmware

Modems
Android 8.0
Modems of the 3rd version (after their installationreturn to previous versions of modems is not possible): 3RHC 3RI1
2 version: 2ERD5 2ERD6 2ERE8 2EREM 2EREO 2ERG2 2ERGC

Android 7.0
Modems of the 2nd version (after their installationReturn to modem version 1 is not possible): 2DRA9 2DRAG 2DRAD 2DRAH 2DRAC 2DRAE 2DRA7 2DRB6 2DRAR 2DRC7
Modems of the 1st version:
DRA2, DRA4, DRA6, DRA7 | DRA5 | DQJ1 | DQK2 | DQL8 | DQIL | Dqig | DQH9 | Dqhy | DQG2, DQG3, DQGA, DQH6, DQHD | DQF5 | DQF3 | DQD8 | DQF1 / F2 / FD | DQEM | DQE8 | DQE3 | DQD7 | DQC8 | DQCH | DQCG | DQCE | DQCA | DQCG | ZPK1 | DQC2 | Dqbi | Dqbh | DQB3 | DQB1 | Dqak | DQA3

Android 6.0.1
BPL6 | BPJJ

Disable Wi-Fi Calls
If your mobile operator is MTS, then you can turn off Wi-Fi Calls
To disable Wi-Fi Calls:
  1. Lower the curtain and find the Wi-Fi Calls icon
  2. Long tap on it, go to the settings menu of this function
  3. Prioritize mobile networks

This method works only on the MTS operator.
On other operators, the Wi-Fi Calls icon will be semi-active, and you will NOT be able to go to the settings menu of this function
Reset
Also, it is advised to make a complete reset if you did not do it after switching to version 7 of the android, and the network loss appeared at that moment
You can do this as follows:Settings-General Settings-Reset-Reset Data

This method only helps units, but this procedure is advisable every time you change the version of Android

Survey Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactDoniel in QMS or moderators section through a button Pictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedDoniel - 20.10.18, 10:02
Reason for editing: New modems

Rep: (18019)
Doniel @ 03/04/17, 13:09*
Make a complete data reset after upgrading to version 7 of the android

Resetting may not help, but flashing the service one personally helped me.

Rep: (36)
I noticed that after the last update (there were no calls to me and I don’t have one now) I can’t reach anyone on the contrary. For 3 - 5 times the subscriber’s call window hangs for about 30 seconds and stupidly drops. At 4 - 5 attempt, the call passes. Sinned at Megafon (Krasnodar Territory), but it often began to hang on a call. I get through the rules.

Rep: (14)
1. Firmware 7.0 with the February update. The phone was flashed as designed by Samung for the average user, i.e. by OTA.
2. SER, PCT
3. Samsung official store
4. without root, everything is in stock
5. MTS
To do a complete data reset after upgrading to version 7 of the android did not help.
Disabling WIFI Calls, if you have a MTS SIM card, did not help.

I just called the Samsung hotline, according to the reaction of the operator, it was clear that he was not the first to hear about this bug and he had a ready-made answer to it. Naturally, he does not advertise that he is aware of this problem. But the solution he said was:
Settings - Connections - Mobile networks:
1. Network mode (I now have 3g / 2g (auto)), he said to put the very first option - LTE / 3g / 2g (auto).
2. Network operators - click Search for networks and manually select your operator.
According to claim 1, I am not ready to land a battery on a feature I do not need, but according to claim 2 I changed it. We will observe, if it does not fix it, then according to claim 1 we will also change it.

P.S. The more massive the problem, the faster sams will solve it so that no noise comes up. So call and notify them with this bug: 8 800 555-55-55
Better yet, highlight this to go through the news feedssavagemessiahzine.com, still the flagship after all.

Post has been editedrolex2002 - 04.03.17, 13:46

Rep: (20)
On the sixth android, there were also dialers, not as often as on the seventh, I think. Still, the hardware of the phone, not software. software only makes worse
but now it remains either to finish off the Samsung, or to sell the phone

Rep: (721)
Problems with the network only on eksinos? Snap pulls 7.0 norms? There are owners here, please give food for thought. Well, on Samsung, the pressure lever in the form of anti-advertising of their processors.

P.S. It's ONLY about S7. I did not ask to discuss any Honor in the topic about S7.

I will sign the question in detail:
Guys who have a Snapdragon 820 - are there any similar problems with the network on Android 7.0 (and were they even observed on any firmware) on the Galaxy S7. Thanks in advance for the adequate answers. I have a "+".

Post has been editedAS4U - 04.03.17, 22:40
Reason for editing: below appeared a strange lack of understanding of an inadequate participant - explained.

Rep: (4)
I have an absolutely white PCT device, there is no root, firmware only through the air, no interventions (picking).
How is it manifested? The phone loses the base station and no longer wants to automatically connect to the network. Moreover, the antennas are all full, the coverage area. I find the dump by the inscription "only emergency calls." It is impossible to reach the phone, the Internet does not work either. Nothing helps until you reboot. After a reboot, it quickly connects to the network.
The problem is not systemic. The network may not fall off for a week, and then fall off several times in one day ...
I tried absolutely everything - SIM cards, discharges, five-file flashing.
Then he began to try the whole kindergarten with turning off Wi-Fi calls, twitching the settings and all the proposed solutions, such as rearranging one SIM into another tray, etc.
I was so enraged by this problem that I even took the phone to the official Plaza service center. The phone was returned to me with the decision: "the claimed defect has not been identified, a complete reset has been made."
The patch arrived, as you know, did not solve the problem. Although, the modem in it is clearly different. Accordingly, now there is a state of complete hopelessness, because I do not know what to do and what to expect ???
And the saddest thing is that even if the problem is solved, for me S7 will always leave such a terrible imprint in terms of quality that I will never take Samsung as the Flagship, and of course my next phone will not be 100% Samsung ... S7 is my biggest disappointment in smartphones! Due to network dumps ...

Rep: (224)
Maybe someone will be interestedinteresting entryabout the dump of the network where everything was mixed up - horses, people, samsa and honor :) - and an unexpected way to fix it was described :)
offtopic: the text itself about the decision
I welcome everyone. I decided to describe my problem and the way to solve it. Maybe someone will come in handy ...
At Samsung S7 the network fell off during use and notifications of missed calls came. Then, due to marriage (periodic reboots and strong heating), I replaced the device with a new one. During the purchase, he carefully inspected the second device, and, accordingly, missed the marriage of the oleophobic coating - 2 spots on the display. I decided not to tempt fate, returned the device and bought on the official website of Honor 8.
Immediately after the purchase, I flew abroad with him, where the phone worked perfectly. But, when he returned to Moscow, already on Honor 8, daily multiple network dumps began, followed by SMS messages about missed calls.
I called the operator and began to strain him. Operator Beeline Moscow. In the end, I came across an intelligent employee who suggested disabling the "Be in the know Plus" service, replacing it with just "Be in the know". After reconnecting services, no network dump occurred in 3 days.
So, if someone has the same problem with Beeline - try ...
Good luck to all.

Rep: (0)
1. Android 7.0
2. SER, PCT
3. Mvideo
4. without root, everything is in stock
5. MTS
At 6 everything was ok. All the proposed methods did not help. I had to flash a modem from 6 android. So far, after flashing the modem, there were no dumps.

Rep: (721)
AS4U,
Oh, right :) I quote:

Quote: kiv121 03/01/2017, 20:17 Recently I sold Honor8, I read this topic - as if somehow I got into the Honor theme. Moans about dumps one-on-one!
I have one Sim Beeline and Honor and now S7 without problems.
I didn’t ring anything, updating by air both there and there.

Here's another interesting entry about the dump of the network, where everything was mixed up - horses, people, samsa and honor :) - and an unexpected way to fix it is described :)

Sorry, but this is not the answer. I asked S7 owners with Qualcomm. And Honor is far from it. And yes, on the 8th hero after the 7th update, the connection just got better. There are no parallels.

Post has been editedAS4U - 04.03.17, 22:32
Reason for editing:]

Rep: (3)
AS4U @ 03/04/17, 16:53*
Problems with the network only on eksinos? Snap pulls 7.0 norms? There are owners here, please give food for thought. Well, on Samsung, the pressure lever in the form of anti-advertising of their processors.

Mnu with exinos everything is OK

Rep: (60)
I have SM-930FD, PCT, purchased in M. Video, SER firmware with the latest update, I didn’t receive the root, I didn’t pick the phone, Beeline operator, Tyumen region.
Until the last update, I noticed network dumps, almost every day sms came about missed calls. I wrote to Samsung, I was angry, indignant, one answer, do a full reset after switching to 7 android. The reset did not help, and after that the Samsung was advised to carry in the SC, denying that the problem was in software.
Nevertheless, after the patch in February, the dialers disappeared, from the date of the update they were no longer observed (moreover, I specifically checked it 5-8 times a day, called from this phone on the second). I use the 2G / 3G network mode. I'll try for fun to walk with LTE / 3G / 2G, to determine the relationship.

* koyv,
Quite a strange way, I just have Beeline)

Rep: (199)
I have an apparatus for the UAE market. I went through SER firmware as I bought it. After updating to Android 7, there are no network problems. Beeline operator. But there are dumps wi fi. As if it just turns off and on again. Most often when I'm on YouTube

Rep: (9)
PCT, Hedgehog, SER with the latest update, purchased at MTS, was not 6-ke, immediately 7. Updated by air, made a complete reset. I noticed the disappearance of an Internet. You sit in the browser and hop, the pages do not load. What does the H +, 4G or 4G + burn with might and main. But there is no Internet.
And the antennas are present. It is treated by juggling the air regime. Both sim MTS.

Post has been editedSinner1970 - 04.03.17, 21:12

Rep: (14)
is there an issue on edge too? : o

Post has been editedrolex2002 - 04.03.17, 21:15

Rep: (9)
There is, and not just one, on our forum this discussion is also not welcome.

Posted on 03/04/2017, 21:23:

It seems to me that after the update it got better, at least on the weekend I called my phone several times., The calls went. On an Internet, at home on wai fae, it is necessary to observe on working days, then it will be seen.

Rep: (2050)
M
The topic has been moved to the section.Communication, Games, Media

Rep: (17)
Guys. I have 1-2 calls per day. That is, I do not observe any obvious problems with dialers. But I would like to be sure that they will reach me at the right time. The question is how to check the quality of communication (dialer). Are there any independent means to measure?

Rep: (35)
* Y.D. , in my opinion, it is logical to check whether there is a dial-up, you need to call him more often. From different places and with different coatings (2g, 3g, LTE)

Rep: (6)
* Doniel , Thank you very much! I already have 17 unsubscribing via network dump in PM.

Rep: (6)
Prior to the update for 7 android, there were no dumps. Used the body for 4 months. As it seems to me, the problem of network loss is not manifested at all because for it to arise, several circumstances must coincide. Here are my conclusions, purely from personal experience:
1. On the phone side:
- tel. PCT, SER firmware
- 4g / 3G / 2g mode is on
- There is no active data transfer or Wi-Fi is turned on.
2. From the network side:
- weak reception 4g, but the network should be, because IMHO when the bodies hang on 3g or 2g by force. settings or from the lack of LTE, everything is OK, I did not observe dumps.
- perhaps the type of base station is affected. Because There are places where confident reception of 4g and cliffs was not at least a day from the phone. stay
Those. the problem of the interaction of the settings of the new modem with a specific base station.
And if someone is constantly in confident 4g and does not fall on the "bad" BS. then he has no problem.
The dumps were manifested by the fact that it is impossible to reach the phone / phone, when the indicator shows the network, but it writes only emergency ones. Moreover, the network itself does not pick up the bodies, rebooting helps 100%. In several Cases of bodies caught a beeline when switching to 2g. When you turn on 432 again, only the emergency message appeared immediately, rebooting anyway. Turning on / off the airplane mode did not help and did not help manual network search and selection. (Including who they receive SMS about prop.call. Maybe just a coincidence, was where there is no network and someone called).
The problem was 100% reproduced: at home in the kitchen half an hour of bodies lies, you take a 90% dump. If not, then you are still waiting for 30-50min. And 100% dump. At home in the room (on the opposite side of the house) all day the phone is lying and there never were dumps! When I drove around the city by car, it was up to 2-3 dumps a day. Now I travel on WHSD - there are no dumps.
What did the result:
1. Full reset - did not help.
2. Beeline SIM card replacement - subjective dumps are less common.
3. I inserted the SIM card, turned on the priority of the gsm over wi-fi and then generally turned off the wifi calls. I put back the SIM card of the beeline. And SMS just arrived from Beeline, like we improved the quality of communication in your area - after these coincidences, the dumps stopped at home in the kitchen.
For 2 weeks, one dump at Moscow Highway 44. There are no more dumps in the city.

4. Update came, updated. There are no dumps for another 2 weeks. I didn’t go to Moscow highway anymore.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/07/19, 01:19