Mi WiFi Amplifier 2 | repeater

Rep: (1)
Mi WiFi Amplifier 2 - discussion пїЅ
repeater

Description
Mi WiFi Amplifier 2 Signal Amplifier is designed to increase the coverage area and enhance the signal from both Xiaomi routers and third-party manufacturers. Mi WiFi Amplifier 2 connects to the USB port of the router, and then automatically synchronizes with it.
The ability to simultaneously connect 16 devices
Speed ​​up to 300 Mbps
Lightweight (50 g). The amplifier is easy to use.
Wider signal network
Special USB connector with 180 degree rotating module
Automatic update
Smart "definition of stability and strength of Wi-Fi connection
The device amplifies exclusively networks in the 2.4Hz range

Specifications
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 16.08.19, 14:25
Reason for editing: If it does not connect with Mi Home

* Aqua_Alex ,

Yes, the previous router is forgotten by the program ..
By the way .. a router without a password connects .. checked ..

The question has ripened:
In the Mi Home program .. if you go to Settings - Group Management .. there is a section "All Routers" .. tell me .. what is this item for and how to configure it?

Rep: (15)
* Kymuss if the password from the router has already been saved on your phone, the repeater is connected "without password".

ordered, received, tuned and ... terribly cuts the speed, even next to the router

StasKoval @ 04/08/17, 3:45 PM*
and ... terribly cuts speed, even near the router
that's not news. For maximum speed, all repeaters give out no more than 50% of the speed of the transmitting router. The whole chip of these devices is that they amplify the signal of the router and communication appears where it did not exist before. For this you have to pay a fall in half the speed of the Internet.

Post has been editedAqua_Alex - 08.04.17, 16:15

* Staskoval ,
I do not argue .. a drop in speed takes place to be ..
but..amplifier2 was not bought by me for viewing at a video removal in 4k .. but for at least some kind of Internet where, in fact, it was always unavailable.
As a result, I get Internet for 40 meters in direct line of sight to Amplifier2 .. and from it to the router 30 meters + wall ..
video .. sites .. what else is needed.
In general, more than an elephant is pleased.

* Kymuss , then it just doesn’t work, or you’re using it incorrectly. The amplifier cannot work where your phone does not catch. He simply has nothing to strengthen there. He also catches, and not rarely worse than your phone. For normal operation, it must be located in the zone of reliable reception from the router. Then he forms his network, which he deploys in a zone of uncertain reception. Your gadget starts working through this network. If the amplifier network does not work near the router, then the problem is in the amplifiers. There is nothing special to configure.

* Aqua_Alex ,
.... We do not seem to understand each other ..
The amplifier works and works with a bang ..
At the point where Amplifer2 is installed, the signal from the router is stably caught by the smartphone for 2-3 strips .. naturally .. so that it would amplify it then and distribute it further ..

Rep: (34)
The program on Mi WiFi Amplifier 2 was updated, now in MiHome it is in English.

Rep: (9)
The repeater is installed in the zone of reliable Wifi reception. At the same time, the Internet is constantly interrupted from it. That is, there is a signal, but in fact there is no Internet. Where to dig?

* Zarastro ,

Unfortunately, it happens quite often ..
Perhaps the most common reason .. an unstable signal from the distributing router to amplifier 2.
The solution here is one:
-we change the place of reception of amplifier 2 ..

- Theoretically, the case is not excluded when there is no normal contact in the power supply.

-But the main reason seems to be that the incoming Internet signal is weak and unstable .. despite the fact that the signal indicator shows 2-3 bars ..

First of all, check for Wifi .. reception at the installation point of amplifier 2 ..
Here the signal should be steadily caught .. for example, go to YouTube.

Rep: (9)
* Kymuss The signal is 100% excellent. YouTube is stable in this place. Speedtest gives out not less than 30mb / s. The adapter from the iPad, just quality ...

* Zarastro ,

I noticed another reason for the failures and reboots of amplifier 2 ..
Since Amplifier 2 is controlled via Bluetooth ..
then if in the room or in the vicinity there are devices using this type of data transfer ..
for example bluetooth headphones ..
then amplifier 2 fails and it regularly reloads the wifi signal ..

Since Amplifier 2 is controlled via Bluetooth ..
where does this information come from?

* Aqua_Alex ,
Amplifier 2 requires a Bluetooth connection during setup.

Amplifier 2 requires a Bluetooth connection during setup.
I configured everything through wifi.

* Aqua_Alex , amplifier 2 when setting up a new router .. requires the inclusion of Bluetooth and wifi ..

* Kymuss ,
It’s worth turning on bluetooth headphones nearby .. selecting a track or volume .. immediately amplifier 2 reloads the wifi signal ..

amplifier 2 when setting up a new router .. requires the inclusion of Bluetooth and wifi ..
all control goes through wifi. There is simply no bluetooth module in this device.
Interference from other devices may occur for various reasons. A Bluetooth module is not required for this.
http://i.imgur.com/hhxW0RT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6K7C0Ob.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AKhkIkK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tBEqQLR.jpg

Post has been editedAqua_Alex - 25.04.17, 13:39
Reason for editing: Added photos

* Aqua_Alex ,
Yes, I agree .. I just dropped amplifier 2 and reconnected to the router without any bluetooth .. exclusively through wi-fi ..
I was confused by this pop-up ..

Attached images
Attached Image

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/01/19, 17:07