Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Firmware
Flashing Full Image with USB Burning Tools
Android TV based on FW008
ATV firmware mod
Firmware based on Android 7.1.2- not recommended for installation for permanent use
FW008 (20180209)
S912-v008-20180209

List of fixes and changes
1. Fixed Google Input error
2. Fixed Navigation Bar conceal issue
3. Fixed screen HD movies when switching between videos
4. Fixed HDR switches issue
Alternative firmware
Archived
FW003 (20170216)
Full IMG
Ota
1. Fixed a 4K .mkv video playback issue
2. Enabled the A3 & A2 Lite remotes
3. Minimum CPU frequency boosts to 500MHz
4. Fixed an Ethernet related bug during system boot

FW004A (20170412)
Full IMG
Ota
1.) Fixed the system brightness issue
2.) Added new Samba server function (Run ->\\ your U9-H's IP)
3.) Added 1080p resolution support for web camera
4.) Temporarily disabled the HDMI spoofing feature (we're re-developing a bug-free approach)
5.) Fixed write / delete permission issues of some apps (e.g. Solid Explorer)
6.) Fixed a bug when using a 128 / 256GB TF card
7.) Fixed some daydream related bugs
8.) Fixed a bug that Bluetooth re-enabled itself during each boot cycle
9.) Fixed an .avi video playback issue
10.) Added Celsius / Fahrenheit option to MINIX launcher
11.) Added Wi-Fi / Ethernet shortcuts to MINIX launcher
12.) Fixed audio passthrough issue of FW004

FW005 (20170623)
Full IMG
Ota
1.) Fixed a .TS video playback issue
2.) Fixed a .MP4 video playback issue
3.) Fixed a playback bug related to Showtime app
4.) Improved logic of the faked Wi-Fi status function
5.) Removed the launching Camera app shortcut
6.) Fixed some permission related issues
7.) Fixed a SAMBA function bug after reboot
8.) Default refresh rate switching level changed to level 1
9.) Fixed Deep Color mode bug
10.) Added PCM / AAC passthrough support in Kodi 17
11.) Added the "CLEAR ALL" shortcut in recent apps list
12.) Improved TF card read / write performance (exFAT, EXT4 format)
13.) Fixed the greyscale inaccurate problem in Kodi 17
14.) Improved some 4K VP9 / HDR videos playback smoothness
15.) Fixed the "Enter" key bug of some USB keyboards
16.) Updated AirPin (PRO) app to support iOS 10.3.x

FW006 (20170810)
Full IMG
1.) Fixed MX Player HW decoder bug while streaming from SAMBA
2.) Fully automatic now
3.) Fixed HDMI clock inaccurate problem - Verified by the Quantum Data Device Device.
4.) Fixed HDR bug - Fully automatic now
5.) Disabled noise reduction to enhance video sharpness - As per you guys' requestsss
6.) Fixed a problem related to 4K mkv playback
7.) Fixed Daydream bug when using different languages
8.) New time format for MINIX launcher - As per you guys' requestsss
9.) Fully hiding status bar of some apps - e.g. Play store
10.) Matching device serial number with MAC address (by OTA only) - Needed by some apps

FW007A (20171020)
Full IMG
Ota
1. Fixed the slow switching audio tracks bug
2. Added 1080p 23.976Hz and 4K 23.976Hz modes
3. Fixed bottom status bar problem
4. Fixed unable to perform clicking in some apps problem
5. Fixed a bug that occasionally HDCP disabled by itself during boot / wakeup
6. Fixed green screen bug of HBO app
7. Fixed MX player HW decoder bug when playing from SAMBA server
8. Enabled screen adjustment inside of Kodi app
9. Fixed VPN icon bug of MINIX launcher

TWRP, Root, Full access to external drives
TWRP launch
Twrp for Minix Neo U9-H Android 7.1.2
TWRP by Abdul
Mirror
TWRP is launched from an SD card. To do this, download the recovery link and copy it to an SD card formatted in FAT32.
Turn off the console completely, disconnect the power cord. Install the card in the slot, connect the power cable.
Using a thin wire or something else, through the hole at the bottom of the console, hold down the recovery button, hold it and turn on the console with the power button.
Press and hold the power button until TWRP appears.

getting Root
SuperSu for Minix Neo U9-H Android 7.1.2 via TWRP
Root
Mirror
Download the installer, throws in the memory of the console, launch TWRP and install SuperSu and reboot.
After the prefix reboots twice. Root is installed.
It is possible to install root through the built-in update. (Not verified)

Get full access to external drives using Xposed
Permission to write to external media for any application anywhere

Modifications
Modified applications from consoles Zidoo, set plus in turnipsOsitKP
Zidoo Launcher
Zidoo Explorer
Zidoo Weather

Useful
Reviews
Links to of and not only

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 25.02.19, 09:44
Reason for editing: ATV firmware mod

Rep: (0)
Someone bought U9?

Rep: (5)
I bought today on Ali, I'm waiting ..

pc-alex @ 03/05/17, 9:00 PM*
purchased today on Ali

how much
give a link
I look at the prices from 8,2tr and higher

Despite the fact that I am a user of minix x7 with a non-gem experience of 4 years, the question arises (not sarcasm): what's the point of taking u9 s912 / 2/16 for let's say 8.5-9 tr, if there are a few, you can already say the use of console with s912 / 3 / 32 for 4,5-5tr?

Post has been editedmara-tix - 08.03.17, 00:40

Rep: (5)
* mara-tix
Took herelink
I use Minix consoles since Neo X8, before that there were other manufacturers. From the long experience of using Minix, I can note the long-term support regarding software, I like the quality of performance of the consoles themselves, for the whole time of using only positive emotions, that's why I take their products. As for 2/16, today I have enough of this with my head (I use it to view various content in the kitchen). My personal opinion, Minix is ​​superior in quality and support from other manufacturers for its price, so I choose it.

Mara-tix @ 03/07/17, 23:32*
what's the point of taking u9 s912 / 2/16

I have H8, P8 + and U1. According to reviews U9 even cooler ...
Minix in the family is smaller than TVs ...

Rep: (3)
Orderedhere- waiting.

Painfully chosen, because The first console on Android. Initially, I wanted the X92, but by all indications Minix is ​​a much better device. The decision was strongly influenced by their aeromysh (which is not out of the box). I did not know that the android consoles such a bother with consoles - that somewhere something does not work. I'm used to Siri Remote, so here ...

Rep: (2)
* gRzevsky
Also ordered on March 7there. With remote control A3. Sent the next day.

I will clarify for those who have not made their choice.

Based on the opinions of English-speaking YouTubehere, hereandhere(I simply did not find the Russian reviews), the additionally acquired console is well integrated into the firmware of the console (for example, it can be set up sensitively). The console itself for positioning accuracy and workmanship in the lead in the market. Low power consumption. They can turn off the console (it seems and turn on too). In versions A2 and A3 of the console it seems like a good working text input voice. I still do not understand how the quality of voice dialing can depend on the console, but they say that this function is lame in general for android consoles and the quality is determined by the console. At the same time, Minix consoles fully work only with Minix consoles. For the remaining consoles will refuse a series of buttons.

And the prefix itself seems to be made qualitatively, as if it thought about cooling, and it looks like the firmware in it is not the smartest and is updated regularly. In short, the feeling that the office is trying.

Post has been editedgRzevsky - 10.03.17, 17:05

Rep: (613)
gRzevsky @ 10.03.17, 17:02*
Based on the opinions of English-speaking YouTube users here, here and here (I simply did not find Russian reviews)
I still do not understand how the quality of voice dialing can depend on the console, but they say that this function is lame in general for android consoles and the quality is determined by the console. At the same time, Minix consoles fully work only with Minix consoles. For the remaining consoles will refuse a series of buttons.

(1) Review in Russian -1st partand2nd part(2) A poor-quality microphone is installed in the console (low-sensitivity, no noise cancellation, etc.) or if the microphone was displaced relative to the hole in the housing when assembling the console, then the result is poor voice recognition quality (3) For other consoles except minix, only the power on / off button will not work

Post has been editedgun-fan - 12.03.17, 04:56

Gun-fan @ 03/12/17, 03:28*
only the on / off button will not work

Gun-fan @ 03/12/17, 03:28*
A low-quality microphone is installed in the console.

I would like to believe you, but I do not understand what your opinion is based on. Have you already used the A3 remote control?

In the meantime, you have not answered, I prefer to trust the reviewers who ate the dog on these consoles more. So the Portuguese on my link, whose office is just overwhelmed with all kinds of consoles, reports about the microphone:

"It was the best way to get it."

And also about compatibility with other consoles:

If you don’t

And the American, who is especially jealous of the voice input function, echoes:

"Voice search works really well"

“I really like the voice remote.

And adds about compatibility (already in the comments):

"Voice search Probox2."

You report that the microphone is bad. Let's say. Can you tell me where to find a mouse with a better microphone?

gRzevsky @ 10.03.17, 17:02*
In versions A2 and A3 of the consolekind of niceworking voice input. I still do not understand how the quality of voice dialing may depend on the remote, but they say that this functionlame in general for consoles androidand the quality is determined by the remote control.

Your message does not clearly show that you are talking exclusively about minix A2 and A3 consoles. Moreover, that further you mention the consoles on Android as a whole, and therefore we are not talking not only about your set of the minix Neo u9h prefix and the A3 remote. Therefore, my comments on the impact of the "bad" microphone on the result of voice recognition related to any poor-quality remotes, and not to a specific A3 model.
I have been using voice input for working on android prefixes for two years now and from my own experience I can say that
(1) the quality of recognition is determined by the quality of the microphone (and it can be located not only in the remote, but also in the web-camera or as a separate device connected to the 3.5 mm jack or USB), the distance to the microphone, the absence of extraneous noise in the room, measured and the "correct" rate of pronouncing of phrases, timbre of voice, clarity of diction, ability to build a completed phrase "on the fly" so that there is no pause in its pronouncement
(2) even if one tries to observe the conditions listed above as far as possible, recognition errors still happen and they have to be corrected manually from a virtual or physical keyboard. Of course, as the experience of pronunciation is accumulated, the number of recognition errors decreases to a certain minimum level, but it will never be close to zero. I talked more about the nature of recognition errors in the discussion thread of the remotes.
(3) By definition, the quality of English speech recognition should be much better than Russian, but iftheycomplain about it too, then ...

Post has been editedgun-fan - 13.03.17, 07:24

Gun-fan @ 03/12/17, 23:31*
Your message does not clearly show that you are talking exclusively about minix A2 and A3 consoles.

Maybe you're just not reading too carefully? Actually, the last Minix that came out here is being discussed. Although you have added a theme - it is interesting to compare how voice input works on some other devices :).
So that
Gun-fan @ 03/12/17, 23:31*
(3) By definition, the quality of recognition of English speech should be much better than Russian, but if they also complain about it, then ...

on this remotetheydo not complain;)
-------

I found an interesting moment in the new Minix A3 console. According to some information, the appeared button of the microphone should eliminate the need to press the microphone on the screen while voice typing. True, while this is not implemented in the Minix U9 firmware and you have to click there and there.

I found out in more detail which buttons of the Minix A3 remote control panel are most likely to fail for third-party consoles (the list is incomplete):
- on off
- settings
- exit to the application menu
- microphone button
And at the same time functions:
- built-in speaker
- microphone (tested on Probox2)

And not to be unfounded,I will give the words of the very same Portuguese surveyor(translate):

“By the way, I would also like to add at the beginning that these consoles are designed for use with devices from Minix. They will have some features that work on other Android consoles, especially the D-pad, Home button, and so on. But those are special for This remote control buttons like On / Off, Properties, Microphone and so on - will only work on Minix devices. So if you have a Minix prefix - this is probably the best console you can find, and if you have another prefix - maybe it’s not the best choice."

gRzevsky @ 03/13/17, 11:54*
Gun-fan @ 03/12/17, 23:31
(3) By definition, the quality of English language recognition should be much better than Russian, but if theyon himalso complain, then ...

they don't complain about this remote

Maybe you're just not reading too carefully? In this sentence I was not talking about the minix neo a3 remote, but aboutrecognitionspeech, because "they say that this function is lame in general for android consoles";)

Post has been editedgun-fan - 13.03.17, 14:36

Rep: (75)
* gRzevsky I do not understand, have you already got a prefix or are you on the way? If you have, tell us your impressions.

* Goofy_Goober,
The prefix is ​​on the way. So I study it remotely :). I will come, I will write it off of course, but my experience means little. There is nothing to compare. Is that with epl tv.

But about U9, in general, everything has already been said. If simple, this is the same asMinix U1, only newer and better.

Or otherwise. Ready to overpay for a good console with a stuffed console? Take the U9. Do the simple remote control? Take at least the same Beelink GT1. It seems too praise.

Rep: (9)
Do the simple remote control? Take at least the same Beelink GT1. It seems too praise.

To mine the meaning of minix is ​​just in high-quality components (cooling, fast memory) and good support - high-quality firmware, which is the biggest problem in Chinese boxes. Well, the remote quality bonus here. With the design, of course, they don’t really, in my opinion, they could have made a metal case, a screen, and then no changes at all. The same GT1 in this plan will be more fun

Post has been editedvictor6630 - 15.03.17, 09:41

* victor6630,
Take at least the same Beelink GT1

Well, yes, I probably got excited. Nevertheless, minixes are already as close as possible to the reliability of Nvidia Shield and Amazon Fire TV (without, however, their drawbacks). And there are not many offices like minix. And the price is appropriate.
But I got the impression that people are asleep and see once again to dig deeper in the firmware. :) All around geek IT people.

Rep: (75)
* gRzevsky I'm just looking for a replacement for my Beelink R89 . And constant firmware-flashing tired. Now I choose from as little as possible with the prefix poking around. Just considering yet Zidoo , but I read the forum and understand that I do not want to buy it.
Therefore, while waiting for feedback on Minix U9.

And I would also like to understand how necessary and cool the A3 remote control is to work with U9. Of course, I understand that there will be all sorts of buns when working with U9. I just already haveair mousewhich suits me (and in the family everyone is already used to it). I do not need a keyboard on the remote, but I don’t use my voice search. Is there a built-in microphone in Minix U9? Just on the Beelink R89 microphone is built in and sitting on the couch 2 meters away, you can use voice search relatively normally. The only thing that remains is an on / off set-top box.

Goofy_Goober @ 03/15/17, 11:51*
I do not need a keyboard on the remote, but I don’t use my voice search

All of these keyboards and microphones in the consoles for an amateur. I am almost sure that I will not use it myself. Just want it to be.
There is no microphone in the console itself, but there is 3.5 input for it. So you can use somethingso, or evenso.

Rep: (9)
On the forum, Kodi saw information that this box can be updated to Android 7 (although this is not typical for minix devices):first news about android 7.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/03/19 10:33