Huawei Watch 2 - Discussion | Smart watch, 1.2, 390x390, Android Wear

Rep: (16)
Smart watchHuawei Watch 2 - Discussion
PictureHuawei Watch 2
Official site | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | [Android Wear] Dials пїЅ | Android OS FAQ

Attached Image

Modifications and Characteristics
Main characteristics
  1. RAM size: 768 MB
  2. Operating system: Android Wear 2.3
  3. The amount of permanent memory: 4 GB
  4. Display: AMOLED (1.2 ", 390 x 390 dots, 326 pixels per inch)

Connection
  1. Interfaces: Bluetooth 4.1 LE, Wi-Fi, NFC
  2. Navigation: GPS / GLONASS

Features
  1. Built-in microphone
  2. Pedometer
  3. Accelerometer
  4. Gyroscope
  5. Digital compass
  6. The ability to replace the strap
  7. IP68 protection against water and dust.

Compatibility
  1. Compatible operating systems: iOS 9, Android 4.3 and up

Nutrition
  1. Battery capacity: 420 mAh
  2. Normal working time: 48 h

Housing
  1. Body Material: metal / plastic
  2. Strap material: plastic / leather
  3. Dimensions: 48.9 x 45 x 12.6 mm
  4. Weight: 40

Device images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

User Reviews
There will be information later

FAQ
There will be information later

Useful

• Before asking a question, use search by topic . Respect your and other people's time.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Post has been editedKenny в„ў - 25.03.19, 00:18

Rep: (403)
Iron is good, but the appearance disappoint ...

Rep: (772)
M
Topic moved to subsectionNew items

Rep: (210)
Iron is good, but the appearance disappoint

Well, for whom, and for what.
Compared with the LG Watch Sport - the design is a cut above. I compare them with just a set of functionality: cellular network, NFC, pulse sensor - all this takes precious place in the case, so I had to make a thick bezel and a small screen. On the other hand, Simka changes in a few seconds without additional tools (again, unlike LG), interchangeable straps (because the antennas are hidden not in the strap, but in the same bezel, and that is why it is made of ceramics), and that’s it - so they look exactly like a clock.
Like a sports watch - they look great (especially the orange version, the miracle is so good).
For wearing with a suit, in theory, the Classic should look good, but they too resemble the LG Watch Urbane.
Well, Porsche Design is already quite stylish, I would wear.

Rep: (1369)
_koba @ 02.26.17, 10:47*
Iron is good, but the appearance disappoint ...
Wonabi Samsung.
No, dear ones, these are definitely completely different watches and they did not come to be "instead of", rather, "together."
My opinion - Huawei complemented the line with models that were lacking.

Like a sports watch - they look great (especially the orange version, the miracle is so good).
For wearing with a suit, in theory, should look good Classic,

Kemanorell @ 02.27.17, 01:33*
No, dear ones, these are definitely completely different watches and they did not come to be "instead of", rather, "together."
My opinion - Huawei complemented the line with models that were lacking.

The thing is that for sports watches there is still little IP68 ... I now have a g-shock (there is dirt and water and pressure and even cars drive over them) and if we exclude the fact that I did not use them in extreme conditions, the body is still noticeably poyuzan and if you also take into account that there is no specific electronics in the g-shock, then you can imagine what will happen to the Huawei Watch 2 in real sports.

The first, more classical version impresses me more, besides, I do not see the actual use of watches of either the first or second generation in the sport mode. Maximum light mode, like running in the rain or washing hands, but certainly not an active sport or rest. Again, do not forget about the battery ... for a long time it is not enough, so that the campaign did not exactly take them.

Post has been edited_koba - 27.02.17, 09:03

Rep: (393)
I think for most the key difference between the first and second versions will not be the design, but the presence of a SIM card.

I think for most the key difference between the first and second versions will not be the design, but the presence of a SIM card.

the solution is also an amateur ... now SIM cards are being shoved everywhere and it turns out that in the SIM card, in the SIM card smartphone, in the SIM card, in the SIM card navigator ... in some cases it will be convenient - in the clock, I think you can use in general, separately and even as a phone and even with a blue headset, but everyone forgets that such decisions detrimentally affect the battery, more precisely they steal its capacity and reduce the autonomy of work.

* _koba ,
Autonomy on Android Wear, as on most smart watches, was initially sacrificed for functionality. So, minus a few hours to her in return for complete uncoupling from the phone will scare few people.
For those who really care about autonomy, there are several solutions on the smart watch market. But there, too, not without drawbacks.

Rep: (121)
and the presence of a SIM card.

I now have a physical sim card in the clock, I do not understand at all.
The battery will just fly away.
And why, just a speakerphone, which is already from the first hours, is enough.
After all, as a separate gadget for everyday use, the clock is unlikely someone will use it.
IMHO !!!

I know several people who want and even use a watch as a complete replacement of the phone. True, so far it is possible only on cheap China.
I also think with such autonomy this is a very controversial decision.
But in rare cases, such as when jogging, the phone got on, forgot the phone, etc., as well as to synchronize with the phone outside of the bluetooth area, it looks quite reasonable.

Rep: (11)
In general, it is not clear what is there to discuss? The presence of a sim card is an option, an extension of the functionality and usage scenarios.
Need to? - Take advantage.
Don't? - Don't use it.

Bedmit @ 02.27.17, 10:23*

Not really.
In the Classic version, there is no SIM card, and the “sports” version will be in two versions: with and without a sim card.
The difference with the first clock in this case (without a SIM card) will be in the presence of NFC, a faster processor and more RAM, an improved heart rate sensor, etc., and of course, the autonomy promises better.

In the Classic version, there is no SIM card, and the “sports” version will be in two versions: with and without a sim card.

But this is bad. It would be better that the Classic was in two versions. Not everyone who wants to have a SIM card, suitable sports design.

Rep: (303)
As the owner of huawei watch of the first generation, I will leave here my opinion. The design became worse, unequivocally, from elegant classic watches, turned into sports g-shock watches. Screen size 1.2 is still small, it will not be very convenient to use, especially if the device is supposed to be a temporary replacement for a smartphone. As for autonomy, the wearing Wear-2100 is nothing but the same snap 400, the same Cortex A7 core, the same 28nm process technology, the same 4 cores, 3 of them are locked, autonomy, judging by the zenvotch 3 branch, will be the same 2-3 days somewhere, less zhruschy screen and a more capacious battery leveled by the presence of the radio module. In the classic car will be better.
Now about the pros: RAM 768mb-norms, the presence of NFC and IP68 protection, the battery capacity is good.
The idea of ​​using watches as a phone is a good thing, but only during sports and driving a car, in everyday life, of course, watches will not replace smartphones, the diagonal of which grows to output more information. I prefer the idea of ​​a headset watch, to wear like a normal watch and to look the same, receive, view notifications, drop, receive calls, quickly view small information such as weather, talk without interrupting the navigator in the car. For other tasks, a smartphone. Yes, damn, even for walking navigation, the first generation is more suitable ...

clocc @ 02.27.17, 8:40*
Wear Wear-2100 is nothing like the same snap 400, the same Cortex A7 core, the same 28nm process technology, the same number of cores-4, 3 of them blocked

This is not true. Snapdragon 400 (APQ8026) and 2100 (MSM8909W) still differ in some aspects: for example, the 2100 is more compact, and at the kernel level Linux supports cpusets, which rather clearly improves autonomy (plus various other trifles), and it’s true for watches that suits better . There will be two active cores there, not just one (as in the last wear 2.0 developer preview for the first hours, by the way!), And from this little things like more efficient task switching between cores becomes significant.

Post has been editedginkage - 27.02.17, 13:26

Rep: (34)
I looked at the photos, but did not understand where the external speaker is in the sports version?

* Nikitos 22266,
Next to the SIM card slot, closer to the back cover. In the photos it is not visible, but it is.

Rep: (303)
This is not true. Snapdragon 400 (APQ8026) and 2100 (MSM8909W) still differ in some aspects: for example, the 2100 is more compact, and at the kernel level Linux supports cpusets, which rather clearly improves autonomy (plus various other trifles),

It is not noticeable along the zenwatch branch, does the process technology, the processor frequency, the core architecture, the algorithms, the uniform distribution of the load on the cores greatly influence the autonomy? Well, not very noticeable, the frequency control of the processor is supported by the 1st dragon, the autonomy is there, there are 2-3 days. The only thing is, yes, it is more compact, which allows it to fit a slightly larger capacity into the body of the acb. Here you need an e-inc screen + A35 processor on the 10NM process technology and 450 acb, then you have to live for more than a week. And in any case, the radio module and the screen will be in the first places in terms of power consumption.

It is not noticeable along the zenvoch branch

Well, there and all the rest of the iron is completely different. :)
the radio module and the screen will be in the first places on power consumption

The radio module is turned on only when it is impossible to contact the phone via Bluetooth or WiFi. The rest of the time it is off.
Well, the screen here is smaller and with a lower resolution, respectively, again, consumes less energy.

clocc @ 27.02.17, 11:40*

That's all right, I already wrote above that I think about the Sport, and about turning the watch into a standalone device. I have no such experience, but my friend was given a Chinese one, which also has a sim card, he constantly spits - he didn’t like it, this is how an accessory watch is perfect, as an independent device an unnecessary farce.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/24/19 18:42