DAC Discussion in PPTV King 7 | PPTV King 7

Rep: (283)
PPTV King 7 - DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)
pptv king 7
Description | Firmware пїЅ | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ

Before you write, read the small rules
Before asking a question, lookAndroid OS FAQ and Glossary . Respect your and other people's time.
To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections:Programs and Games .
To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact:Selection and Comparison .
The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic:How much memory do you have in the machine?
The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic:Benchmark
Before posting photos, read the topicWorking with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) - a device for converting a digital (usually binary) code into an analog signal (current, voltage or charge). Digital to analog converters are the interface between the discrete digital world and analog signals.

Friends, the section was created to combine and organize the issues related to the DAC, the topic of sound is very informative and voluminous, covering many aspects, which will undoubtedly be interesting for self-development or exchange of experience. [/ size]

Activation methods
Since a very large number of questions, disputes and flooding have already accumulated, I will argue based on an opinion and explanations that are authoritative for me.
The solution to all issues
"The fact is that the manufacturer will not inject the DACs into the device and do not activate it at the same time. This is at least stupid. The core for the DACs needs a driver that tells the system its bus. Because in 5.0 they removed the layer-internal system frequency limit , and ES9018 is absolutely omnivorous, it is concluded that even on the most halim firmware your DAC is turned on and working fine. Even on the Galim runoff everything works fine and there are no restrictions and everything that you have imposed on yourself.
The only thing that leaves much to be desired is the poorly implemented soft audio path, which implies both the DSP component and some flinger elements. Amplio in this regard is a little more than enough. Why fence gardens and reinvent the wheel? I don’t understand.
What does ALSAMixer do? it allows the standard media library to pass the entire stream through the chip, and this, in turn, creates cross-distortion and little thermal noise from the excess work of the piece of iron.
ALSAMixer is obtaining access control for alsa drivers from under the system, conveniently displayed through the switch and having a toolkit that can control gain on buses, including DAC and CPU codec bus. It’s not capable of changing sound if you don’t touch it. "

In general, I would not do anything to improve the sound except This instructions plus specific settings Neutron Music Player (Post adbo # 8042908)
Settings - a joy for the ears
We turn off the lyrics, ratings, 64-bit processing and volume equalization in the main menu. In the discretization menu, select “audiophile.” In the audio equipment menu, reduce the hardware delay to 80, turn off the basic driver, audio focus and dithering and enable “access to usb DAC”, “follow for the frequency of the source. "
but nonetheless, we always strive for excellence.

Let's go!

A MANDATORY condition is to make a BACKUP system before manipulation, it is safer and easier to experiment with. Use only ONE of the presented experiments at a time, that is - they made a backup - activated the dac - not to their liking - we return the backup - we try another way, only this way, it will save the system in frequency and save the mess in the sound.

Final patch for activation from a local music lover and74
Addition to the instructions for the activation of the DAC
Who has not yet activated a DAC, you can try to activate it with either a patch
Another way to activate a DAC - carefully, the kit comes with a Noozy player and ViperFX- the basis of fashionAmplio
A small educational program on running sh scripts in android - why the hell should I know about running scripts, you ask! And I will answer - suddenly you are an ardent opponent of the root, and your ears wanted to indulge in an amazing melody, in this case, read this article
Well, suddenly, someone else has not installedRadio

Exchange of experience, tests, thoughts and comments on the sound
In this section we will collect all opinions, which sound is better, which activation method tore your earphones, on which player you listen to audio, and so on, the most interesting and informative ones will be marked
Recall 1
Recall 2
Path test with and without load
Useful

Friends, do not forget to thank everyone who has put their efforts into creating instructions for you and sharing experiences and comments. :) Everyone enjoy listening.

What can and cannot be discussed in the topic of discussion of the DAC. Must read!

Post has been editedweber666 - 07.06.17, 22:41
Reason for editing: Added DAC photo and sound path measurements

Rep: (9)
* askael DAC is a digital to analog converter.

Rep: (1)
M
The topic has been moved to the section.Personal experience

Rep: (1251)
and what kind of codec serves microphones and peripherals?

Rep: (220)
Friends! A patch on the skeleton of the mod В® Amplio version 2.0 has been releasedPPTV King 7 - Discussion (Post by and74 # 57762926). Who is looking for a sound with perfect :) detailing is what you are looking for! We put, try, write reviews.

Post has been editedand74 - 13.02.17, 23:12

I looked at the presentation of the body - it seems that hi-fi audio is implemented only in the S version ... sadness: unsure:

Rep: (220)
PPTV King 7 - Discussionhere you need to fix small errors.
Attached Image
Instead of 88000, you need 88200. And after 88200, 96000 goes right away, and here it is 32000 by mistake. Well, it’s okay. The multi-sample was launched with such lines, the main thing was that its frequencies were 44.1.48.96 and 192 kHz.

Rep: (21)
Xokadi @ 02/13/17, 10:38 PM*
I looked at the presentation of the body - it seems that hi-fi audio is implemented only in the S version ... sadness

and here you are mistaken))) here is a quote from a review from the reputable ixbt site:

“There was a great deal of embarrassment at the fact that there wasn’t a word about the sound at the model’s presentation and it’s quite clear why: the fact is that by default the sound of PPTV King 7, although good, does not give out everything that it is actually capable of. To unleash its potential, a whole procedure was invented for which Root rights are needed. The first part consists in replacing the audio_policy.conf file with frequencies higher than 44100, which in my opinion is completely redundant. Then, we recommend installing the AlsaMixer application, in which you need to change the Set_HIFI_es9018_State parameter to Open "I don’t know if changing this parameter strongly affects, but with the new driver from Alsa the sound becomes noticeably better."

and here is another quote from the same review:

"The sound quality is really just excellent. I can compare it with the Meizu MX4 Pro and Gigaset Me smartphones. The sound quality of the PPTV King 7 is closer to the Meizu MX4 Pro, they have approximately the same detail, but Meizu gives a more“ murky sound, "at that time how King 7 gravitates towards transparency. The sound implementation of Gigaset Me is noticeably better than both of these models, Gigaset has even higher detail, slightly tinted high frequencies and there is not some “analytic sound” that is felt in King 7. PPTV. By sound capabilities, I would put PPTV King 7 one step with Meizu MX4 Pro "

Post has been editedturbo_yurik - 14.02.17, 00:07

and here you are mistaken)))
Yes, I would love to! But! The price tag of $ 60 difference ... and I did not find a single instrumental measurement or tamper in the network ... but what I found does not confirm the DAC

Xokadi @ 02.13.17, 23:08*
no instrumentation or tampering

Well, in this review, and some measurements are present)))
http://www.ixbt.com/li...em-i-hi-fi-zvukom.html

some measurements
I just saw these ... about nothing! Any codec from 2014 will show this curve, and the sabra has a different "strike"

* Hokadi
here is another reputable site giving full technical specifications
http: //www.devicespeci....com/en/model/e862366e
can an autopsy reveal the truth to us? )))

Post has been editedturbo_yurik - 14.02.17, 00:30

can an autopsy reveal the truth to us? )))
in my memory, a few statements about the "presence" in the lineup, and the actual presence is only in the top version ... in my opinion, the 7th - neither AK nor Light was AK ... although they were all described at the presentation ... and only an autopsy showed the truth
I won’t talk about the non-name of the Chinese, there Zopo was different, and some versions of TCL ...

I am happy to agree that I am wrong ... but evidence is needed ..

Post has been editedXokadi - 14.02.17, 00:39

* Hokadi
but they have a difference of 30 bucks in the pink version))), so you can play it safe and take S
https: //ru.aliexpress....14.13010308.0.0.yhUg03

play it safe and take S
Does anyone really have it?

But there’s nothing “respected” in this site or in the like,
there are sites respected by me, thisSoomalandHeadphoniaks... and a few more, including iFixit .... this guy - I do not respect ...

Rep: (136)
* Xokadi ,
Well, the fact that the people laid out the photo at the beginning of the topic, disassembled by king, the ess chip was clearly visible there.
As you can’t see, I saw the photo with my own eyes.

Post has been editedromych45 - 14.02.17, 00:57

there’s Alishka
there is infa that the usual versions come ... at the showdown from the branch, the DAC is not visible, maybe it is on the inside of the board?

Posted on 02/14/2017, 00:57:

disassembled king, there was clearly visible chip ess
give a link please? Something I did not find ...

Rep: (136)
* Xokadi ,
You need to search, but one hundred percent ess chip is visible.

Rep: (189)
* romych45 not visible found out here

link to my post, with the same photo.

Post has been editedmike_ural - 14.02.17, 01:01

You need to search, but one hundred percent ess chip is visible.

and where to look for something? in the header there is no photo of the disassembled smart, it is only with the cover removed, but they don’t even take out the battery there))), will you have to find it yourself in your purchased phone, and if it is not there? then what to do? to China send back?
that's why I try to buy such non-names)))

Post has been editedturbo_yurik - 14.02.17, 01:17

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/18/19, 14:05