3-10 [ 17 ] ** [7,69%]
More than 10 [ 23 ] ** [10,41%]
Total votes: 221

Rep: (19)
Pimax 4k - Discussion
3D VR Virtual Reality Devices - General Topic

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Description of the device and its characteristics
Pimax 4K VR is the first head-mounted display for the PC that offers a resolution of 4K. In Europe, the VR glasses are less well known, but they have received the award "Best VR" at CES Asia 2016 have Pimax field of view of 110 degrees, double 53mm aspherical optical lenses. Built 1000Hz gyroscope, an acceleration sensor, a magnetometer, a distance sensor, a light sensor. The headset is a display with a resolution of 3840 Г— 2160 pixels with a frequency of 60 Hz and a pixel density of 806 PPI preventing damage from the blue laser by automatic adjustment of light. Double gyroscope reduces dizziness effects. In addition, the manufacturer equipped modular headset headphones, you can customize the way you it will be convenient. Soft-touch plastic, high-quality wire and even a soft cushion, which rests on the back of the head.

Compatible with: computer
Material: ABS, glass, foam rubber
Black colour
Viewing angle: 110 degrees
Fps (frames per second): 60 Hz
IPR adjustment: yes
IMD (Interpupillary distance): 58 - 71mm
Focus Adjustment: Yes
Connection interface: HDMI, USB port
Resolution Support: 3840 x 2160P
Product weight: 500g

Post about screen resolution:Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion
Filling and the interface itself allows you to transfer only 2560 x 1440
Video comparison of the Preex 4K screendoor effect, HTC Vive, Oculus CV1 and Deepoon E3:https://youtu.be/0JqEXBkwZK8
Reviews / Reviews
Platform Compatibility
Windows
Download Piplay
Latest stable versionPiplay 3.0.0.85 : Download from Yandex disk . Zekrkalo 1 . Mirror 2 .

Attention! If you have Pimax 4K works in conjunction with NOLO VR , then separately install drivers for NOLO - Not necessary! In version Piplay 3.0.0.85 Already have all the drivers for NOLO. Firmware for NOLO VR Do not update otherwise there will be a brick !!! More on this can be read here .

Older PiPlay versions:

Version 1.2.91:http: //forum.pimaxvr.c.…ase-piplay-download/17
Beta version 1.2.95 (NOLO driver integrated):http: //forum.pimaxvr.c.…e-for-downloading/2501
drivers
Versions 1.1.92 - 1.2.74:Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post dimas-numberone # 61682298)
Version 1.1.92https://mega.nz/#!FJYg...a5LTDJ68P_q6JilarrkBhM

What is Piplay? This is the official shell (with the necessary drivers) for the helmet Pimax 4k
Where can one buy?
Buy Pimax 4K can be on the sitegearbest.comUsing promo code:LHPIMAX you will receive a discount and then the total cost will be: $ 359 (at the current rate of 20,463). Why is it better to take on gearbest.com ? The fact is that there is a guarantee of the store exactly 1 year.

You can also buy onAliexpress(hammer in search Pimax 4K). Often, in the evenings (time zone MSC) there are discounts and you can take for 19k. But! Warranty for aliexpress is limited to 60 days. This is the time while the package is coming to you. After confirming the receipt of the parcel - there will be no guarantee, so even if you get points earlier - don’t be in a hurry to confirm receipt, play first and make sure everything works fine.
Pimax4K Setup / Troubleshooting
Install / Configure Software
Adjust the screen brightness (post 1)
To raise the gamut in the PiPlay program, go to Settings, then Common and then the Debug Tool and enter the following codes there, depending on the brightness you want to receive:

all levels:
Low_level1: 10033001
Low_level2: 10033002

High_level1: 10033011
High_level2: 10033036

Level_normal: 10033000
https://youtu.be/zD1p5AOVCgA
Adjust the brightness, color and saturation of the screen (post 2)
Permission setting
Removing filters
Link to post:Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post by tusen # 60839146)
Attention!!! By disassembling the Pimax 4k you can turn it into a brick! Therefore, you do this at your own peril and risk.
Turned into a brick? Scattering
Hot key on Centering
The green indicator on the helmet is always on.
Troubleshooting SteamVR
How to watch 3D movies?
Option 1

Step 1: Install the latest version of PiPlay and a special Kodi player will automatically be installed with it (it will appear as a shortcut on the desktop).
Step 2: Launch PiPlay and switch to Video Move mode (on the PiPlay main screen, click on the tab and select this mode).
Step 3: Put on your glasses and the Kodi player should automatically open there. In it, with a mouse, look for the desired file and open it, then in the same place on the special panel, select the 3D mode (horizontal or vertical).

Advantages of this method:
+ you get the clearest and cleanest picture, without any soap

Minuses:
- you can't turn your head like in Virtual Desktop
- Not all video file formats are supported.
- no 360 video support

Option 2

Step 1. Install the programVirtual Desktopand run it.
Step 2. We remove the helmet! Run your 3D movie with any pair (horizontal or vertical) on a regular player (for example, Pot Player or Splash Pro). Example:
Attached Image

Step 3. Next, go to settingsVirtual Desktop and here in the category 3D options choose the desired pair: Half sbs or Over Under (OU) .
Attached Image

Step 4. In the player, open the movie to full screen and wear a helmet.

P.S. If a movie is shown in a compressed form, then, for example, in Pot Player it is easy to stretch it while holding theNum 6 .

Advantages of this method:
+ support for multiple video formats
+ 360 video support
+ you can turn your head

Minuses:
- the video may not be clear, blurry

More 3D movies can be watched using Simple Video Player. If he does not read all the films, then read this post:Pimax 4k - Discussion (Fast samuelq # 68098316)
Emulate Vive Controllers on the Xbox One Joystick
The list of programs with which you can run games in a stereo pair
How to run VR games from torrents?
PSmove Installation and Setup Guide
Setting interpupillary distance (IPD) - is no longer relevant !!!
How is the control drift treated?
Ceiling mount for base NOLO

Games / Programs worth trying, as well as their settings
List of Games and Programs 1
Pak already downloaded games from PiPlay:Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion
A post where there is a link to the site, there are a lot of demos and games both new and old, with categories:Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion
Viso places or Google Earth VR : Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Fast fuel # 61107888)
GTA5 on Pimax 4K in VR !!!: Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post DTD-TOSH # 59359073)
LaunchCity car driving : Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post fuel # 62040201)
Running gameEuro Truck Simulator 2 : Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion
Euro Truck Simulator 2Multiplayer : Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post StasASV1 # 62041315)
X-Plane : Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post by ejka # 62462237)

Solving problems withBatman arkham vr : Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post sibero # 60839588)
Trekking system (full rumskale) for Pimax 4k
NOLO VR - official website:https://www.nolovr.com/
NOLO ceiling installation guide (ENG):http: //forum.pimaxvr.c...or-downloading/2501/37
My mini review + FAQ for NOLO VR:Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post by Futurinosius # 63373885)
P.S. NOLO VR + Pimax 4k turns it into an analogue of the HTV Vive, which is even superior, due to the fact that the Pimax 4k has a perfectly clean picture, without the effect screenr + the same high quality rumscale.

There is also an alternative:Razer hydra
And PSmove:Pimax (4k, 8k) - Discussion (Post by tusen # 62895649)

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 02.06.19, 17:20
Reason for editing: Added links to PiPlay version 3.0.0.85 download (and mirrors)

Video reviews moved to the cap.

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 11.03.17, 10:27

Rep: (76)
In the Pimax 4K display, but the image is a banal interpolation from FullHD. There, even HDMI 1.4 is worth the old version, it is in principle not capable of skipping 4K. And of course, it’s not at all correct to compare them with the HTC Vive or Oculus CV1, they don’t have any sensors, the helmet’s position in space is not monitored, the position of the controllers, roughly speaking, you cannot walk around the room and look behind objects. They can be compared with GearVR or Deppon E2 ..
In theory, you can pile up a setup, attach a slider from infrared sensors to a helmet, take 4 Sony Eye and Move cameras and controllers ... and build a similarity with a skyline ... and somehow it will work. But there will be no smooth tracking for 90 hertz, and the controllers will tremble ..

In the Pimax 4K display, but the image is a banal interpolation from FullHD. There, even HDMI 1.4 is worth the old version, it is in principle not capable of skipping 4K.

I myself have not purchased (just think), but I read in many reviews that on HDMI 1.4 it enters the FullHD image scales to 4k and thus the pixels are less visible, but they are slightly blurred because of this. When you connect the Pimax 4k to HDMI 2.0, it still produces a 4k picture at a frequency of 30 hertz. In the 2500x1400 mode, it operates at a frequency of 60 hertz. Also, in many stores where it is sold, there is such an inscription:

Attached Image

This means that in Asynchronous mode (with vertical synchronization turned off) it can produce 90 hertz.

And of course, it’s not at all correct to compare them with the HTC Vive or Oculus CV1, they don’t have any sensors, the helmet’s position in space is not monitored, the position of the controllers, roughly speaking, you cannot walk around the room and look behind objects. They can be compared with GearVR or Deppon E2 ..
In theory, you can pile up a setup, attach a slider from infrared sensors to a helmet, take 4 Sony Eye and Move cameras and controllers ... and build a similarity with a skyline ... and somehow it will work. But there will be no smooth tracking for 90 hertz, and the controllers will tremble ..

As far as I know, Oculus CV1 does not have Controllers by default either. They need to be bought separately. There is exactly the same situation. There are alternative solutions in the form ofNolo . Here is a video clip, which describes in detail about this: https://youtu.be/0gezzybNGk0 In addition to this, you can already connect the Razer Hydra and also play games like on HTC Vive. Yes, trekking, as they say, is a little worse, but you still get pleasure. Here's a video where on the Pimax 4k they play with the Hydra controllers. https://youtu.be/qfMx5BgmttM

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 14.02.17, 10:50

As far as I know, Oculus CV1 does not have Controllers by default either. They need to be bought separately.

It's not just about the controllers. Need a tracking system and helmet and controllers in space. It includes both cameras and a cloud of sensors on the helmet itself. In Oculus and Vive, it is originally there, no.

I tried to play with Hydra, they were not created for VR, there is a rather small area about 2 meters around the base, cables ... after the meter they start to shake.
Of course, you can play games where you stand still and just look around, but even in them there will be no evasion and parallax effect.
But you can not play games like Vive, because you can not move in space.
Then it is better to setup with infrared sensors on the helmet, Sony Eye cameras and Move controllers to fence. It will not be perfect, but quite playable and full room scale.
Also note that all this additionally costs, weighs and interferes, but is not so well monitored and the picture is not 90 Hz.

NOLO looked. Cool .. but they have not come out yet)
It is not known how it will be in practice.

HDMI 1.4 it enters the FullHD image scales to 4k and thus the pixels are less visible, but because of this they are slightly blurred. When you connect the Pimax 4k to HDMI 2.0, it still produces a 4k picture at a frequency of 30 hertz. In the 2500x1400 mode, it operates at a frequency of 60 hertz.

I read stories about 2K and 60 hertz, if I put some kind of hack .. and how it can issue 4K if I do not understand the HDMI 1.4 helmet.
At the same time, all these statements are based on subjective evaluations by eye.

Post has been editedroman_guro - 14.02.17, 15:25

Again, all these systems can also be fenced off with Cardboard or GearVR or BoboVR z4 or Depoon E4 helmets.
And in this regard, the Pimax 4K is not much different from them, except for the 4K panel, which unfortunately is not used to its full potential. That's why I say, to call him a killer, an alternative or a rival, Oculus or Vive is incorrect.

Post has been editedroman_guro - 14.02.17, 15:30

I read stories about 2K and 60 hertz, if I put some kind of hack .. and how it can issue 4K if I do not understand the HDMI 1.4 helmet.
At the same time, all these statements are based on subjective evaluations by eye.

Here it is. Look from half past threehttps://youtu.be/BBMJTneq97k?t=3m30s
Quote from video:"But in VR games and on Steam, the helmet shows gorgeous results. It’s almost impossible to see individual pixels. The picture is many times sharper than on Oculus or Vive. But! 4K resolution is transmitted only from the newest video cards that support HDMI 2.0". So these are no longer subjective assessments, but real tests of surveyors.

Pimax 4K is not much different from them, except for the 4K panel, which unfortunately is not used at full capacity. That's why I say, to call him a killer, an alternative or a rival, Oculus or Vive is incorrect.

I do not agree. For some, just a picturewithout pixel grid and is the reason for the acquisition of such a helmet. I had an Oculus Rift CV1 - and I sold it in a week, as I got tired of looking at virtual reality through gauze. Therefore, for me personally, Pimax 4k is an excellent alternative with a better picture, especially for 3D movies. As for the controllers and positioning in space - it is only a matter of time.

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 14.02.17, 15:54

Above in the review, where a man compares his head-to-head with Vive, he says yes, there are no pixels, but on the Pimax 4K a more blurry image and less detail can be seen.
I find it hard to believe that you had an Oculus Rift CV1 and you decided to replace it with this :)))
In a real gameplay, you forget about pixels there quickly, but even in the basic configuration with one sensor, the Rift has position tracking in space, it is a completely different level of immersion.
In general, all these dozens of sensors on the helmet and controllers, infrared cameras, bases with lasers, setup rooms ... all this is ONLY in order to get this positioning and be able to actually move to VR. And you kind of ignore all this and say that this one is just exactly cheaper and the screen is better)))
And reviewers who give out similar, do not command respect.
Either on the cheap got a helmet for a review, or a store, or just not in the subject)

sensors
Attached Image

For 3D movies is a great helmet!) I do not argue.

Post has been editedroman_guro - 14.02.17, 16:58

In a real gameplay, you forget about pixels there quickly, but even in the basic configuration with one sensor, the Rift has position tracking in space, it is a completely different level of immersion.
In general, all these dozens of sensors on the helmet and controllers, infrared cameras, bases with lasers, setup rooms ... all this is ONLY in order to get this positioning and be able to actually move to VR.

Not everyone enjoys watching the world of virtual reality through cheesecloth, and it doesn’t matter whether they have controllers or the ability to move around the room. The grid strongly interferes with immersion in light static scenes (especially in movies) and this is a fact! On YouTube and blogs, there are quite a few comments, where people also complain about the grid in Oculus and Vive.

If you are comfortable looking at the pixel grid and controllers and displacement are more important for you, then I am happy for you. Play on. What is the point to argue?

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 14.02.17, 18:04

A new beta version of Piplay 1.2.34 has been released. You can download it from here:https://mega.nz/#!9I5R...QKDu0mefXuHKJxEP6u7Y_A
Release Information:http: //forum.pimaxvr.c.…e-for-downloading/1133

Many complain that after updating the resolution in games has decreased significantly. The developers promise to correct errors for the next release. For now, it is recommended to use the stable release version 1.1.92.

Good news for helmet ownersPimax 4k . Yesterday (February 22) Company Nolo officially confirmed that its development Motion tracking will support the Pimax 4K helmet. Here is a link to the news: https: //www.kickstarte…-and-ste/posts/1813905

But a video with a demonstration:https: //ksr-video.imgi...3bde1de9_h264_high.mp4

Judging by the video - the tracking of the helmet itself and the controllers is quite at a decent level, which means it makes it even closer to its direct competitors.Oculus and HTC Vive .

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 23.02.17, 02:00

Rep: (5)
What kind of prog can a video run on sbs 180/360?

iled94 @ 23.02.17, 06:48*
What kind of prog can a video run on sbs 180/360?

Virtual Desktop . You can buy in Steam. They say there is a pirate. Where I do not know.

Here is the article:https: //www.reddit.com…ed_in_virtual_desktop/
Here is the program itself:http://store.steampowered.com/app/382110/

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 23.02.17, 13:31

Rep: (45)
Futurinosius @ 23.02.17, 15:29*
They say there is a pirate. Where I do not know.

On skidrowgamesreloaded

Rep: (0)
I ordered myself today, let's see what kind of.

Rep: (205)
* Kendu, Ali ordered? How much did it cost, if not a secret?

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 23.02.17, 14:50

Rep: (5)
* Century1402 I also ordered yesterday on Ali 19000k

Some people recommend buying Pimax 4K online.http://ru.gearbest.com. It is said that there is a 1 year warranty. I do not know how accurate this information is. On aliexpress site - warranty runs immediately after you click "confirm receipt of the order" button, so I would not recommend a hurry to this button and press it immediately after receiving Pimaksa. Better to just play a couple of weeks, until the end of term, and that little is what is wrong with the glasses. Then, after confirmation of receipt of goods - nothing can be done about it. No guarantee will not. If something breaks down, that's all. Either to repair - or in the trash, because no one (not a service center), these glasses will not do.

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 24.02.17, 12:12

Also ordered yesterday on Ali came out 19000k

Yesterday I looked at Ali - $ 338 was minimal, but now there is no less than $ 399 at all .. Beginning to shop around for prices.

Futurinosius @ 24.02.17, 14:11*
Pimax 4K websitehttp://ru.gearbest.com. They say that there is a 1 year warranty

And I forget about the warranty when buying in China: D

By the way, the focal adjustment is not in Pimaks. I would like to know if there are users with myopia, within minus 2. How difficult it is to use without glasses.

And so - I looked, read. I made the conclusions that it’s worth taking it all the same ... But I wanted to update the computer first, now I’m thinking, but it’s time to change the percentage, it’s out of fashion, the video card will still live :)

Futurinosius @ 02.24.17, 12:53*
Yesterday I looked at Ali - $ 338 was minimal, but now there is no less than $ 399 at all .. Beginning to shop around for prices.

Wait for the evening MSC. Often after 20:00 the price drops to 19k.

Century1402 @ 24.02.17, 12:33*
By the way, the focal adjustment is not in Pimaks.

There is. Adjusting the focus and interpupillary distance is carried out in the Piplay program itself, as far as I know. Even on the Yandex market, these functions are described in the description:https: //market.yandex...204844/spec? track = char

Century1402 Do you have experience using any 60 hertz VR device? What is it? In fact, so far only this question stops me from buying this device, since they say that such a low frequency can lead to a disorder of the vestibular apparatus.

Post has been editedFuturinosius - 24.02.17, 13:00

Futurinosius @ 24.02.17, 14:53*
Wait for the evening MSC. Often after 20:00 the price drops to 19k.

Ok, of course, but I still will not take it, I will wait all the same yet ..

Futurinosius @ 24.02.17, 14:53*
experience using any VR device at 60 hertz? What is it?

Experience is, but it is small. I am using goggles Bobovr z4 c phone Le Max 2 [2k screen 60 Hz]. First reviewed several 3D movies, 360 video, then tried cardboard, neskollko attraction for him - where you ride on the truck quickly, like a roller coaster with a simple graphics, captured the spirit of a little :) Now here I had reached the point of streaming from a PC purchased Rifkat to use steam VR, and so far largely customizable to looked at the rules as well, which is not very easy to achieve in demanding games, as channel seems a little too narrow, still ...

Problems with vestibular appart had never seen, and then also did not notice, the immersion effect is pretty good. Only spoil the impression all these settings, and yet with the rules as the normal game does not want me to give out 60 fps at 60 hertz .. that is a little all the same twitch all turns at 40-45 FPS + problems with drifts, which also causes some discomfort. Nevertheless - immersion is present, there is no problem with the vestibular in any application.

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 24.02.17, 13:21

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 25/11/19, 18:47