Discussion camera OnePlus 3 / 3T
Do you have problems with focus?
Did you have problems with the focus?
Yes [ 280 ] ** [42,17%]
Not [ 380 ] ** [57,23%]
If the focus was dying, how many OP3 (T) did you have at that time?
less than a year [ 41 ] ** [6,17%]
more than a year [ 153 ] ** [23,04%]
more than 2 years [ 95 ] ** [14,31%]
I'm fine, ugh, ugh, ugh [ 368 ] ** [55,42%]
Total votes: 664

Rep: (12)
Discussion camera OnePlus 3 / 3T
OnePlus 3T, A3010, A3003
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ
  • In the subject are allForum RulesandSub rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler | List of topics in the "Photo" section
  • The main rule of the section: issues not related to the camera are discussed in the relevant topics on the device;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where they helped you, and write thanks.
  • We kindly request! If you wish to share your photos taken on our phone, then write under what conditions you took a photo, which modes were used, etc.

The most "best" and current version of GCAM (gcam, Google camera) or how to get your 1 + 3 / 3t to take photos at the level of top-end AAA smartphones brands
Decoding settings gcam (free translation)

Camera specifications
Main camera
Resolution: 16 megapixel (4640 x 3480)
Pixel size: 1.12 Вµm
Sensor:Sony IMX298
Aperture: f / 2.0
Phase focus, hybrid stabilization (optical + digital), video recording in 4K @ 30fps format
Front-camera
Resolution: 16 megapixel (4640 x 3480)
Pixel size: 1 micron
Sensor:Samsung 3P8SP
Aperture: f / 2.0
Electronic stabilization, video recording in 1080p @ 30fps

Third-party photo / video apps
Comparing phone cameras with other cameras
Photo examples
Useful
Polls archive
Attached Image

Attention! If you want to share your examples of photos, please do it throughGoogle driveorYandex.Disk.
There the photos are not compressed, they load faster and they are much more convenient to watch, Thank you!

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 11.04.19, 20:54
Reason for editing: poll

Rep: (6)
What is HQ and how does it work?

Rep: (12)
* t.AM , this is a shooting mode. The camera takes several pictures, and the best one is selected from them. For the user, it looks just like taking a photo, everything happens instantly

Rep: (6)
The camera takes several pictures, and the best one is selected from them. For the user, it looks just like taking a photo, everything happens instantly

why then does HQ take up more space?
how can a photo turn out better if the shutter speed should be ultra-short?

now if you hold down the shutter button, then yes you can see a series of shots and the camera selects the best.

Rep: (123)
* t.am,
Not quite right. A series of pictures is taken, which are then combined and processed using special algorithms to produce one picture. Plus, additional post-processing effects are included to reduce noise.

Rep: (20)
* Mas7er , I wrote everything correctly, a kind of hdr, only a chip of developers.

Rep: (25)
Here go understand him ..
decided to make an example
Attached Image

Attached Image

Look at the newspaper and the stripes on it at an angle.
They really are not
Oh, and we have a strange camera
The one with the stripes is HQ; the other is HDR

Post has been editedx00xer - 23.01.17, 19:57

Rep: (1)
Judging by the posts on reddit, problems with defocusing and soap in the photo began with the original OP3. Here, for example, the same discussion 3 months agohttps: //www.reddit.com...at_camera_although_it/Moreover, there are also users who have no such problems .. I don’t even know how to explain this, there may indeed be some kind of hardware problem for some models in the lot.

And they brought a sub with laudatory photos OPhttps://www.reddit.com/r/oneplusphotos/

Rep: (62)
Tell me, can I turn off the stub? Maybe it works inadequately and therefore lathers even if exposure does not imply lubrication? And I didn’t find the answer to the question in the subject: if you turn off both HDR and HQ, will there be any problems in the problematic plots?
To be honest, I'm really disappointed. I wanted to change my Samsung Note 3 precisely because of lubrication problems when shooting indoors. And ORT3 manages to smear even during the day on the street, but in cloudy weather. Some kind of darkness ...

Post has been editedBeastorizer - 24.01.17, 09:53

Tell me, can I turn off the stub? Maybe it works inadequately and therefore lathers even if exposure does not imply lubrication? And I didn’t find the answer to the question in the subject: if you turn off both HDR and HQ, will there be any problems in the problematic plots?
To be honest, I'm really disappointed. I wanted to change my Samsung Note 3 precisely because of lubrication problems when shooting indoors. And ORT3 manages to smear even during the day on the street, but in cloudy weather. Some kind of darkness ...

Once again I say if there are strong lubricants, directly constant, even on static I think marriage. As it was in my case. It’s a lot easier for me to get a normal photo now. And of course, no dynamics, forget it. Sometimes even now the focus is blurry. While facial recognition works, it happens that it focuses in the background

Also at the beginning he sinned on the stabilizer, TC in the vertical mode, I had the most lubrication. The device is high and the shutter button from below, in and sinned on the stub. but you can’t turn it off, there is also an electronic part-time job. So the devil will break

And yes, the camera is strange. It seems that you feel the potential, but the crooked hands of Chinese engineers spoil everything.

Rep: (246)
* x00xer,
* sqlsqlsql
* Malachi,
Birds could be removed in RAW (So that the magic of software from 1+, which was revealed here, could not process them), then take it and embellish it in Lightroom or Photoshop)

Another thing, but where are the greases then, which many complained about?
But since it is a bright sunny day, the exposure here could be 1/500 or even 1/1000. But we can’t check it)))
Because on this page "Shot On OnePlus" the photos are not original, compressed to 1920 * 1080. Maybe Chrome for Android is naughty, but the photos are in that form and are downloaded from there.

Here, I dug up RAW, which I once removed on the Meizu MX4. The DNG file was opened in Lightroom for Android, it slightly reduced lighting, slightly reduced the exposure compensation (did not change anything else, did not twist other sliders) and then exported it to a JPEG file. Even on a computer in Photoshop, I took over the machine numbers and did nothing more with JPEG.

Here it is (Caution, here the photo weighs almost 10 MB)
Attached Image

(Do not be alarmed if you look at EXIF ​​and there you will see “Aperture: F / 1.0.” You can see Adobe Lightroom for Android was naughty when exporting DNG to JPEG. Meizu MX4 has an IMX220 camera of 20.7 MP F / 2.2,no optical stabilization. Such a camera module was used in Sony Xperia Z3)

It seems unremarkable, but in the middle of the photo you can see a dove, which was flying near the booth on the left. If something was smeared with him, it was only the left wing. Further, the camera’s detail was not enough to examine the feathers on the pigeon. Yes, and people in the background are also no team "Freeze!" did not give: D

So those birds could well be removed on OnePlus 3 / 3T. But no one said how they were removed. At Auto, or they took a bunch of "shooting in RAW + processing in Lightroom" (Dance with a tambourine, as it seemed to have removed it to the phone, but then processed it in Lightroom: D). That is the advantage of shooting in RAW, that there is no post-processing on the part of the phone.

Post has been editedNov4eK - 24.01.17, 19:56

On the street in the afternoon, nevertheless, she perfectly takes off. Both video and photo.

on the street during the day, even the same Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 shoots well. This is not an indicator.

here's a couple of statics photos of the house with medium-poor lighting.

This is with HDR enabled
Attached Image

This is HQ enabled
Attached Image

With HQ and HDR off
Attached Image

For comparison, the photo with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 13MP f / 2.2 (do not be surprised at a slightly different arrangement of objects, it was to be shot the other day)
Attached Image

I will try the dynamics later with other programs

Post has been editedMas7er - 24.01.17, 19:53

* Mas7er,
on the street during the day, even the same Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 shoots well. This is not an indicator.

The difference between “good” and “ideal” can be seen when comparing photos (With photo enlargement) of different smartphones. But the difference between photos from different devices (provided that the number of megapixels of the cameras is the same, or slightly different. There, 16 and 16, or 13 and 16), taken with the naked eye without looking at the pixels in the photo will be very difficult to see.

I did not know about the flaws of the camera until I started complaining about the forum.

It is clear that everyone has their own scenarios for using the camera, and if you take only daytime landscapes, then everything is fine.
But still quite a lot of people use the phone to quickly remove children or animals at some interesting moment (you don’t always carry a DSLR with you). The device has problems with this, and there are big problems (the comparison with XRN3 from one of the local users speaks for itself. Yes, there are a lot more noise in Salami, but at least you can see a child, and these pictures can be shown. And by 1 + 3 instead the child has some kind of smeared spot, and here it doesn’t matter how well the background has been worked out, this photo is just scrapped). And so there are so many complaints about the camera.

He lifted the child a little. I will not spread it, I can only say that HDR when shooting moving objects definitely needs to be cut down.

Post has been editedMas7er - 24.01.17, 21:51

that HDR when shooting moving objects is definitely necessary to cut down.

This is true for other smartphones, since HDR takes several photos and combines them into one.
A thought occurred to me.
Try to take the child under the same conditions in the same camera mode, but with the RAW photo saved in the camera settings. (It’s in the photo with the .dng format. If the standard OxygenOS gallery cannot open .dng, then open in Adobe Lightroom for Android (Free on Play Market))

And then see if the "spot" will be there.
What x00xer wrote about led me to this idea.
Discussion of the OnePlus 3T camera (Post x00xer # 57545106)
If this time there is no grease, or it will be less, then here not only endurance is to blame.

Maybe here in the process of post-processing a forced "improver" works. To find out whether it is or not, you need to turn it off. You can do this by taking a photo in RAW format.

And let's all before uploading the photo, we will indicate the firmware that stood / stands on your 1 + 3T when you took this photo.

Post has been editedNov4eK - 24.01.17, 23:05
Reason for editing: Corrected a patchwork

Rep: (16)
I want to reassure you a little (and myself too).
SpokenSamsung A5 (2016) - 13mp camera - f / 1.9 (waiting for OnePlus 3T)
Filmed a children's holiday in the afternoon in cloudy weather, indoors.
Visually enough light (5 windows) + artificial lighting.
Shootingin AUTO mode .
Total:90% of all photos with greases on moving objects: girl_cray:
I looked at the information about the photos on my computer.
Excerpts:
1/7 o.O, 1/8, 1/10, 1/14, 1/20 - greases everywhere
1/33, 1/50 - normal

PHOTO with A5 (cut out areas)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

So, not only OnePlus has problems. But also A brands.

Post has been editedcybermot - 25.01.17, 08:38
Reason for editing: added photos

I scroll to at least 1/100, throw my hand on the train and Bbach !!

It is a predictable result, there are no greases, there is noise.
EXIF data for this photo:1/125 , ISO 1250

It is a predictable result, there are no greases, there is noise.
EXIF data for this photo:1/125 , ISO 1250

I would not say so, firstly, he quickly focused and quite well. Secondly, there were no preparations, everything was lightning fast and the drawing on the small screen is quite worthy.

I could not think that he could at least show something. Noise is understandable, but I did not count on focus.
On the other hand, there are harmless situations in which he simply focuses in the wrong place. That's why I say, not a predictable camera)))

Rep: (38)
they all shoot worse than 1 + 3
Do you want to say that for example the LG V20, ZTE Z11 and Asus Zenfone 3 are worse off? : scratch_one-s_head: I’ll go on a visit to neighboring branches, I’m wondering how it was with the camera.

Post has been editedcenyt - 25.01.17, 11:17

Rep: (7)
x00xer
That's what the correct exposure means, otherwise an unconstructive conversation minus slapped me :). Even if you leave the manual mode, then he remembers it and then choose the desired shutter speed still needs less time.

Xiaomi Mi5 with the same camera module is also not so good, 3 pages about lubricants. ZTE Nubia Z11 seems to be all normal.
See post

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/16/19, 18:20