211 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Xiaoyi Yi 4K + - Discussion
poll
What kind of battery does your camera have?
1200 mAh [ 182 ] ** [54,01%]
1400 mAh [ 155 ] ** [45,99%]
Are you satisfied with the quality of the recorded sound?
Yes [ 218 ] ** [64,69%]
Not satisfied. Humbled, correcting sound with available methods. [ 94 ] ** [27,89%]
Disgusting. I want to get rid of the camera. (hissing, beeping, etc.) [ 21 ] ** [6,23%]
Total votes: 337

pepetz
Message#1
14.01.17, 18:18
Veteran
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1596
Check in: 11.08.12
HTC Butterfly S

DiscussionXiaoyi Yi 4K +
PictureThe first action camera with 4K / 60 FPS video recording
Official site | Discussion | Accessories | Purchase

Attached Image

Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Additional information, links
Frequently asked questions
Q: Which player is best used on a PC for 4K high bitrate video?
ABOUT:Tyts
Q: My TV and Android player do not play files.4kfrom the camera. Why?
A: The possible reason is the inability of them to play [email protected] files. About what it is possible to readhere. Read the player specifications carefully.
Q: Is there a battery drain in the camera?
Oh yeah. Time to full battery discharge 15 days (1400mAh). If stored for long periods, remove the battery from the camera.
Q: What kind of battery comes with the camera?
A: It is known that the camera comes with both 1200mAh and 1400mAh. Be careful when buying.
Q: For how long will the battery last for video recording?
A: Yi 4k + video recording time is in the range of 1-3h. and depends on the shooting mode.
Q: To what temperature can the Yi 4k + camera heat up and does it have overheating protection?
A: Yes, the camera has overheating protection. Photomatrix is ​​designed to work up to + 75C, processor up to + 85C, and battery up to + 60C. During operation, the camera heats up noticeably. The heating temperature depends on the selected shooting mode. In some modes, the room may heat up to + 75C. The camera is more designed to work outdoors when moving, so that it usually will not heat up to such a high temperature.
Q: Can I record sound from an external microphone?
A: Yes, you can. To do this, you need the original adapter Yi (Type-C to 3.5mm), the sound will be recorded in 1 + 1 mode (mono). Not original camera adapters will not work! The usb-C plug is different.
Q: Is there an exposure lock in the camera?
Oh yeah.
more details:
Tap in the center of the screen to remove the display;
swipe up to activate settings;
point the camera at the desired point in the crosshairs and make sure that the exposure is selected;
tap on the text line so that a lock appears on the screen;
Tap on the daw in the corner to apply the setting;
to cancel this mode - enter the exposure setting again and tap the cross in the corner;
gif
Attached Image
Q: What should I do if the camera is frozen?
О: Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. If it does not help, remove the battery.
Q: What should I do if the camera freezes periodically?
ABOUT:Tyts
Q: In what format does the camera record RAW photos?
A: RAW files are recorded in * .DNG format. Recording time to a single image memory cardJPEG + RAW12 seconds! size * .dng ~ 11mb
Q: What are the modesphoto timelapseAre there any records in raw?
A: Available intervals: constant, 0.5 sec, 1 sec, 2 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec, 2 min, 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 60 min. Shaded format selectionJPEG + RAWit will be available from 60 seconds, or when selecting the "constant" mode in this mode, the interval will be equal to the raw recording time, that is ~ 12 seconds. The recording time will be limited only by the amount of your card and the battery charge. The remaining settings are equal to the usual photo.
Q: 4GB or maximum size?
A: Maximum means that the camera will record a file with a size of 30GB, regardless of the format, the recording will be interrupted. If you select 4GB, the camera will write a series of 3.66 GB files without interruption until the card is full.
Q: What does the item in the menu "Memory card optimization" do?
A: Similar to the formatting operation in Windows, there are two types of formatting. Fast (clear table of contents) and complete. After clicking "Optimize the memory card", the card will be fully formatted. Neither the cluster size nor the other file system parameters will be changed. There will be no increase in speed. In the opinion of many users, it is highly not recommended
Q: Can I charge the Yi 4k + camera from another mobile device via OTG and share files?
A: Yes, if the mobile device supports OTG connection and you have an OTG cable.
Q: With the official appYi actioncan I copy video files from the camera to a tablet or smartphone?
A: Two options for copying are Original Video (full size) and Preview Video (small size).
Q: With the help of the official Yi Action application, can I view video files from the camera without copying to a smartphone?
Oh yeah.
Q: How can I copy files from the Yi 4k + camera to my smartphone, using the official Yi Action app or via an OTG connection?
A: The speed of copying files through an OTG connection is 20-30 MB / s, which is 10-20 times faster than a Wi-Fi 54Mbps connection.
Q: What standard is used in the camera for a wireless Wi-Fi connection?
A: The camera uses the AMPAC AP6255 module. (Wi-Fi and BT 4.1) Operation at 2.4GHz 11 channel 802.11b, g and 5GHz 36 channel 802.11a (Russia) is provided. Connection speed in both 54Mbps bands. The data transfer speed is somewhat different at 2.4mb / s and 3.0mb / s, respectively.A brief note on the width of the channel.
Q. My screen is broken. Touch control does not work. How to turn on

Wi-Fi download

to control the camera through the app?

A. Unpack to the root of the cardscript. When the camera starts, the wi-fi will be turned on automatically. Script forautomatic recordingwhen you turn on the cameraAttached fileautoexec.zip(179 bytes)
Recording starts in the mode specified in the settings menu "Camera default mode"!
Q. How to completely disable the noise level?
A. Code for autoexec.asht app test set_denoiselevel 2 possible values: 0: high 1: medium 2: lowAttached fileautoexec.zip(191 bytes)
Q: How to install the script for the camera?
A: Copy the autoexec.ash file to the root of the card. Attention? the file must have a line ending in UNIX (an empty line at the end), preferably using AkelPad or another advanced editor.
Q: What bitrate does the camera use, constant or variable?
A: The camera uses a variable bit rate. But unfortunately the codec does not regulate the bitrate value relative to the scene conditions (lighting, motion dynamics).
Q: What is the difference between video quality settings low / medium / high?
A: The difference is only in bitrate. In the 4k60 example, the values ​​correspond to 60/100 / 135mbps.Table bitrate at different resolutions and quality settings
Q: Does the camera use a variable frame rate or constant?
A: The camera works only with a constant frame rate, in the stated permissions.
Q: In which modes does the electronic stabilizer and distortion correction (distortion) work?
A: Does not work in the modes: Ultra, 4k60fps, 720p240, 960p120, 1080p120.
Q: What memory cards are more suitable for the camera?
A: Cards whose manufacturers indicate the specification is not lower than microSD cards UHS Speed ​​Class 3 (U3). 16GB-256GB.
File names
YIAC * .JPG, YIAC * .DNG - photo, timer, serial, timelapse photo, video + photo.
Y * .JPG, Y * .DNG - timelapse photo
YI * .MP4 - video, time-lapse video, slowly, video + photo.
Y * .MP4 - cyclic.
* .THM thumbnail created for preview on camera screen and in app.
* .SEC reduced video copy

Firmware
Select, download, rename to Firmware.bin, put in the root of the card, turn on the camera, follow the messages on the screen. The firmware binaries for all known revisions of the 13L 14L 15L camera are the same!
Useful
Past polls
Attached Image

• Before posting read the message Video section rules
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

The curator is looking for a topic! For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links. Those who wish to try themselves in a new position, can get acquainted withRules and recommendations for the curators of the forumsavagemessiahzine.com, Requirements for candidates to the curators of the forumand leave a request in the subjectI want to be curator.

Post has been editedpepetz - 15.01.19, 20:45
SHYSHYKI
Message#22
16.03.17, 02:01
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 469
Check in: 24.11.13
OPPO Find 7a

I can't wait to see this camera.
doctorwax666
Message#23
16.03.17, 04:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 302
Check in: 10.10.12
Xiaomi Mi 6 6/128

* s3mki,
And where to get a coupon?
dagman555
Message#24
16.03.17, 13:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 195
Check in: 02.07.10

Two times they have crap. The third time I will not believe that they are able to make a camera without jambs. And if the previous ones were worth more or less sane money, then the price for this bust is already ...
s3mki
Message#25
17.03.17, 02:24
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 470
Check in: 10.01.15
Honor 9

* doctorwax666,
so on the stock page because it hung infa.
tepp
Message#26
18.03.17, 14:22
Local
[offline]

Messages 368
Check in: 09.03.09

Dagman555 @ 03/16/17, 12:51*
Two times they have crap
And in what crap it? Be objective. Both cameras were and still are quite good, as evidenced by their great popularity (to put it mildly). The functionality and picture quality is not worse than the same GoPro, and the number of real jambs and marriage is much less than that of other Chinese competitors. Agree.
V.Dimos
Message#27
19.03.17, 19:31
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 931
Check in: 26.06.13
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4/64

Pictures are not worse than the same GoPro, and the number of real jambs and marriage is much less than that of other Chinese competitors. Agree.

I agree with you. Despite the shoals there is no alternative. Had the experience of buying other Chinese cameras.
dagman555
Message#28
20.03.17, 11:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 195

* tepp,
Agree.
I do not agree. In the topic of yi 4k, half of people have plastic cracking, many have a microphone falling off, problems with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I sit now and wait for something to happen to me, even before the holiday season began.
The first camera was a horror at all, I had to pick it up, adjust the focus, and before that I had already shot a couple of family films, a bunch of photos with soap.
And if the first is still to hell with her, 5 thousand total cost, she forgave a lot, then the price of the second already obliges not to allow savings on plastic at least.
Yes, and a terrible microphone (it was necessary to save so much!), Writes only the upper frequencies, until it falls off completely. Okay, the entrance would be for the outside, still half the trouble, and nothing can be done about it, only the external recorder, and this is generally unrealistic on vacation.
Dimittro
Message#29
21.03.17, 22:16
Local
[offline]

Messages 120
Check in: 23.03.11
Meizu MX6

Does anyone plan to charge for 17k?Yi official store
The seller is alarming if it makes sense to risk. In the topic about yi 4k, crowds of overturned people are waiting for 3 months for cameras supposedly being sent from the Russian Federation: (Some, however, something still comes.

Post has been editedDimittro - 21.03.17, 22:16
ustenkovital
Message#30
22.03.17, 12:55
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 13
Check in: 20.04.11
Lenovo A8 Golden Warrior

* Dimittro
Dimittro @ 03/21/17, 10:16 PM*
Does anyone plan to charge for 17k? Yi official store

This is a lure. buy on this page can not even put in the basket ...
Whichever delivery country you choose, camera selection does not work.
And here:https: //www.aliexpress....14.13010308.0.0.I6TnrqIt works, but still, I think, too, zamanuha. Money will and will pull and plant with sending.
tepp
Message#31
22.03.17, 16:04
Local
[offline]

Messages 368
Check in: 09.03.09

* dagman555Sorry, but the adequacy of your message just rolls over:

Dagman555 @ 03/20/17, 10:09*
In the topic of yi 4k, plastic cracks in half of people

Not half, but only a quarter, do not lie! I agree, this is not small, but not half the same.

Many have a microphone falling off, problems with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I sit now and wait for something to happen to me.

Yes, there is, but 66% of users, judging by the voting in the same topic, have no problems, including you.

And if the first is still to hell with her, 5 thousand total cost, she forgave a lot, then the price of the second already obliges not to allow savings on plastic at least.

A controversial statement! First, whatever the price, the marriage cannot be justified and should be replaced, and secondly, the price of the second camera is also extremely low compared to similar Western brands, which, by the way, also have enough problems, read the forum.

Yes, and a terrible microphone (it was necessary to save so much!), Writes only the upper frequencies

Yes, a normal microphone, standard, the same as in all mobile phones. What was it checked, what was it compared with, is there a measurement result, or is it again an allegation?

I asked you to be objective, but it seems that the humpback grave will be fixed.

What kind of people ?! If only everything is okay and congeal.

Respectfully,
Tepp

Post has been editedtepp - 22.03.17, 21:49
Nihiluum
Message#32
23.03.17, 18:34
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1287
Check in: 08.10.12
Apple iPad mini Retina

Roll out 4k with 60fps at a funny bitrate, but it’s certainly not strong. Bravo xiaomi!

Post has been editedNihiluum - 23.03.17, 18:35
dagman555
Message#33
23.03.17, 20:32
Local
[offline]

Messages 195

but 66% of users, judging by voting in the same topic, have no problems
I mean, is this normal?
Yes, a normal microphone, standard, the same as in all mobile phones.
he who has ears, let him hear.
okyesanap
Message#34
23.03.17, 23:33
User
[offline]

Messages 54
Check in: 26.03.11

Dagman555 @ 03/20/17, 11:09*
I do not agree. In the topic of yi 4k, half of people have plastic cracking, many have a microphone falling off, problems with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I sit now and wait for something to happen to me, even before the holiday season began.
The first camera was a horror at all, I had to pick it up, adjust the focus, and before that I had already shot a couple of family films, a bunch of photos with soap.
Yes, and a terrible microphone (it was necessary to save so much!), Writes only the upper frequencies, until it falls off completely. Okay, the entrance would be for the outside, still half the trouble, and nothing can be done about it, only the external recorder, and this is generally unrealistic on vacation.

If you decide to freebies, so why are you complaining now? I would take Sony x3000

--------------------
Siemes c45 2000>Samsung E6402004g>Samsung SGH-i740 2008 + Samsung GALAXY TAB 2010
Aleksandr-1
Message#35
25.03.17, 00:19
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 468
Check in: 29.11.16

Nihiluum @ 03/23/17, 18:34*
Roll out 4k with 60fps at a funny bitrate, but it’s certainly not strong. Bravo xiaomi!

She has a normal bitrate - up to 135 Mbps, what makes you laugh? And the stub is on 4K at 30 k \ s. Yes, there is no stub at 60 k \ s, but the possibilities of electronics are not limitless. And looking at her characteristics - Bravo, Xiaomi!
Aleksandr-1
Message#36
25.03.17, 00:40
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 468

Dagman555 @ 03/23/17, 20:32*
he who has ears, let him hear.

And you do not listen, and shoot! This is an Action Camera, for her the sound is the third (last) thing. Well, and if absolutely unbearable - buy an external microphone.
dagman555
Message#37
25.03.17, 08:40
Local
[offline]

Messages 195

* Aleksandr-1, thank you very much for the advice, but somehow I myself will figure out what and how I can shoot.
Nihiluum
Message#38
25.03.17, 13:06
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1287
Apple iPad mini Retina

Aleksandr-1 @ 03.25.17, 00:19*
She has a normal bitrate - up to 135 Mbps, what makes you laugh? And the stub is on 4K at 30 k \ s. Yes, there is no stub at 60 k \ s, but the possibilities of electronics are not limitless.

135 megabits for 4k 60 fps, a little, for 30 frames it would be the most. I imagine how the camera will warm up.
Electronic stub - garbage, and therefore without a 3 axis, for the extra 200 bucks, not enough.
Aleksandr-1 @ 03.25.17, 00:19*
And looking at her characteristics - Bravo, Xiaomi!

Characteristics are good, but looking at the branches of action cameras xiaomi with a huge number of glitches of bugs and defects, you will think 100 times, but is it necessary .....

Post has been editedNihiluum - 25.03.17, 13:07
doctorwax666
Message#39
25.03.17, 14:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 302
Check in: 10.10.12
Xiaomi Mi 6 6/128

* Nihiluum,
Look at the gopro branches and forums, yi wins as a percentage of sales and glitches.
Nihiluum
Message#40
25.03.17, 16:13
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1287
Apple iPad mini Retina

Look at the gopro branches and forums, yi wins as a percentage of sales and glitches.

5th generally fail, not the camera: D
Aleksandr-1
Message#41
25.03.17, 18:02
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 468

* dagman555
Why did you come here if you can figure it out yourself?

* Nihiluum,
And it is very convenient to shoot for example karting with a 3-axis add. stub And why does it follow that 135 MBit is small? I saw a video shot with such parameters (although the camera was not an action, but it was “hated”) - normal.

All we want more and cheaper ...

Post has been editedAleksandr-1 - 25.03.17, 18:18

211 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/18/19, 15:31