Chuwi LapBook 14.1 - Discussion | [notebook] 14.1 "/ 2.2GHz / 4GB RAM
Did you have a keyboard problem? (some keys do not work, etc.)
Did you have a keyboard problem? (some keys do not work, etc.)
No, did not arise at all. [ 82 ] ** [61,65%]
Yes, there are from time to time. [ 13 ] ** [9,77%]
Yes, they appear constantly. [ 34 ] ** [25,56%]
Yes, they did, fixed the keyboard. [ 4 ] ** [3,01%]
Total votes: 133

Rep: (11)
Chuwi LapBook 14.1 - Discussion
Intel Apollo Lake Celeron N3450 | Windows 10 Home | 14 "IPS 1920x1080 | 4GB RAM | 64GB eMMC screen
Purchase and accessories » | Chuwi theme onsavagemessiahzine.com » | Windows 10 » | Ubuntu linux » | Change the axis of the laptop » | Search programs » | Antivirus » | Ambulance laptop owners » | IT smoker » | Operating systems and software | Laptops, Tablets, TabletPC, UMPC, MID-Select and Compare

Attached Image

Specifications
    Screen : 14.1 "IPS 1920x1080
    CPU : Intel Apollo Lake Celeron N3450, TDP 6-8 watts
    GPU : integrated graphics core Intel HD Graphics 500
    Ram : 4GB LPDDR3 1600 MHz (2GB + 2GB), dual channel mode.
    Inner memory : 64GB eMMC, 200mb / s write, 100mb / s read (speed on different revisions may vary)
    Battery : 9000mAh, 7-12 hours of work, depending on the load
    Wi-Fi : yes, Intel Dual Band 802.11ac
    Bluetooth : yes, 4.0
    External outputs :
    • 1 x DC IN, 12V 2A
    • 1 x USB 3.0
    • 1 x USB 2.0
    • 1 x miniHDMI
    • 1 x microSD slot
    • 1 x M.2 2242 slot, key B and B & M supported

Dimensions : 329 Г— 221 Г— 20.5 mm
    Weight : 1316 g
    Body material : polycarbonate
    Camera : yes, frontal, 2 mp
    Keyboard : ENG, no backlight
Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews
Useful
Poll results
Attached Image

Before asking a question, please readF.A.Q.th, information in the header, and use the search on the topic / forum

Topics CuratorGhost334With questions about the capscontact QMS

Post has been editedstp101 - 17.06.18, 18:32
Reason for editing: New cap edited by AndrewP_one

Rep: (0)
The first review is already there:https://youtu.be/mZEItg_eU1w

I was very upset that there is no possibility to expand the RAM up to 8 GB (although they wrote everywhere about the presence of a second slot, etc.), however, there is indeed a contact pad for the mother (let's call it that way) for soldering additional RAM modules.

But there is good news. There is a M.2 slot for connecting M.2 SSD.

Rep: (28)
overviewhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8XPwmj8cGI

Rep: (2)

There was a full review of this laptop from TechTablets and fix overheating (SPOILER without upgrade of the cooling system warms up to 100! Sic! Degrees)
Overview
Modification
Note to the modification of the laptop - you need to isolate everything. If you have to fill the capacitors on the chip with varnish or close up with kapton tape. The same with ssd, the bottom side should be isolated from the metal surface

Yes, and I would have done differently, if I had a copper plate connected to a chip with a stiffener under that, than not a heat sink

Post has been editedChuckn - 22.01.17, 11:38

Rep: (28)
parsinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhtgUHZYjZ8
overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeaDRlm1N0c

Rep: (1)
I wonder if there is a need for such a modification of cooling, if not to play games. How will the order come test in different modes and accomplish your goal

Post has been editedkakol85 - 22.01.17, 16:38

I wonder if there is a need for such a modification of cooling, if not to play games. How will the order come test in different modes and accomplish your goal

I think it has. On older models, even watching a video could warm up the percent, and the battery life will not increase from elevated temperatures unambiguously. Good mode is simple and is done on the knee in 5 minutes.
It's not just a matter of removing heat from the chip, but also distributing it along the bottom cover (which is not happening in the original version)

Maybe our craftsmen will come up with a better method, and even there, they indicate to the video that the heat sink is not quite right. In particular, the copper plate is too close to the resistors, and so on. moments. One thing is not clear to me, all Chinese manufacturers from model to model repeat the same mistake with bawdy cooling, without even trying to fix it, although the correction is essentially a penny. Is it really difficult to do it right away)) And so they have almost everything ...

Post has been editedkakol85 - 22.01.17, 17:16

copper plate too close to resistors, and so on. moments.

I have already written about this, varnish and kapton tape will solve the problem. His method is not perfect, but it has

For those who do not speak English well, please write general conclusions based on the results of the reviews. What do they say about screen, keyboard, autonomy and general suitability for office tasks and watching movies?

I wanted to take a Chuwi hi12 tablet for movies / TV shows on business trips. But now, I think I will wait for this laptop.

Very interested in whether it can be charged through the standard crib. It seems to be a model with a 15 "screen is charging and this is a huge plus for me. How interesting is enough banks from xiaomi 10,000?

Post has been editedJohnylee - 23.01.17, 01:46

Johnylee The conclusion of the reviewer is one of the best decisions for this money from those that he did reviews. The screen is good (the brightness is not the best, but if you sit in the sun on the street), autonomy is backlit by 25% (it says acceptable for comfort) it will probably last up to 8 hours as much as possible (there these conclusions are true for yourself), but quite shorter.

For the movie and print exactly a good solution, 4k video does not seem to slow down on it. There, charging 12v, so that the usual power bank does not roll.

Post has been editedxendex - 23.01.17, 02:24

There, charging 12v, so that the usual power bank does not roll.

Those. Are they different in this respect from model 15.6?
And then 15.6, judging by the reviews, it charges from the bank.
Attached Image

K
The forum decided to post a photo under the spoiler:How to clean the image under the spoiler

Post has been editedGhost334 - 16.07.17, 20:23
Reason for editing: removed the image under the spoiler

It differs from 15.6 model 5c. In the characteristics you can see.

ChuckN @ 01.24.17, 14:47*
RAM is enough for a typewriter, but you can put ssd.

There is actually information that you can a) add the amount of RAM (or you need to change the staff) and b) you can put the SSD (what format, instead of or in addition to the standard)? c) And what about the keyboard - stickers? d) It is a pity that it does not charge from USB? e) Is the cooling system active or passive?
Really interested machine, right now would buy.
The m.SATA disk (as in Lenovo Yoga 13) is delivered in addition to the regular one (by the way, easy disassembly compared to the same yoga), cooling is passive - but weak and requires an upgrade, it charges only from BP 12V, the keyboard for that kind of money is probably only English will be (stickers to me personally seem to be a dubious decision, but I never really used them, I know that in theory there is a laser-cutting service for characters), I did not understand the video memory, but I’m pretty sure that the slot is only 1, so additionally 4 is unlikely to be put - it will be necessary to change the state th bar.
In general, it remains to wait again for a revolution in the domestic market: (For almost a year now, almost like the Chinese, all siaomibuki have been sold, and we have a complete dominance of dinosaurs and pontoreznyh super-ultramegagigukov under a hundred rubles ... Abydna, yes ...

Post has been editedCamupuk - 24.01.17, 18:58

Rep: (19)
Interestingly, the manufacturer itself will be modifying the cooling system like that?

Rep: (19)
* Sser888,
I’ll probably have to myself, I saw a boy in the YouTube saw a copper plate for the processor, and less heat

Posted on 1/25/2017 at 16:02:

And all the good time of day, it is worth taking a laptop to study, games (dota, xc go), movies, etc.
And who has already received, who ordered?
Thank you in advance!!

xendex
... but the video clearly shows that 2 slots are empty

Attached Image

The video clearly shows that 2 LPDDR4 chips are not soldered and nothing more.
I strongly doubt that everything withsavagemessiahzine.comwill rush to buy identical FBGAs and hair dryer freshly purchased PbFree PCB. Although...

K
The forum decided to post a photo under the spoiler:How to clean the image under the spoiler

Post has been editedGhost334 - 16.07.17, 20:23
Reason for editing: removed the image under the spoiler

So I wrote above that it is not removable, and you need to solder, who really will miss a person with a soldering station, another question is that this tablet is not particularly justified, it is better to take more expensive if you need something more productive.

Another review
https://youtu.be/gYzliKcW6eA

Hello everyone, I read that you can not put the system on ssd, did they write so? Is it possible. Ssd isp. How is the main drive? for emmc resource is less.

Post has been editedDimaxxx9112 - 27.01.17, 23:12

Dimaxxx9112 @ 27.01.17, 23:11*
for emmc resource is less.

what are you speaking about? or are you going to roll the system 5 times a day = D?
resource of modern memory is the last thing to think about when choosing a laptop in this price category

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 12:46