Nokia at CES2017 and the fate of MeeGo / Maemo | Share information, who knows what in this regard.

Rep: (1)
I really waited for the beginning of January to find out what's next with Nokia, and a little upset. I creep in suspicions that they will concentrate only on Androyd. I’m watching the news from CES, and there’s just a comb, and a camera, about those mobile phones that were in the news in December, neither with a rumor. True, they are all on Android, so there is little interest for me. I heard for a long time that Microsoft destroyed all documentation and program code for MeeGo and Maemo, I want to believe that this is not so. As a result, I had questions that maybe someone here knows the answers:

Is there any news about these OSs and their fate?
Will production be partially restored in Finland?
Do you think the Chinese will give Nokia such freedom as Volvo gave freedom? (That is, they own, but the company continues to continue its vision in the automotive industry)
It also became interesting how likely it is in your eyes that Nokia will turn into another Chinese who will be like everyone else?

P.S. My answer to the last question, unfortunately, is purely negative. Maybe someone will return confidence, because I did not think at all about hairbrushes and cameras. After all, even now, Nokia has the opportunity to return to these OSs. Plus, it seems to me, enthusiast programmers can still be interested in this, and this is not a couple of three people, but a rather large army.

Post has been editedGiorgioM - 06.01.17, 14:36

Rep: (4)
Also sat today and looked at the information. Let's see what happens. I would like MeeGo to decide to support again, this is probably the only OS that works well and thought out in my opinion. I used all the operating systems that are and here the choice is on MeeGo. In general, large manufacturers have gone a certain shift towards their personal OS on the Linux platform. Samsung’s Tizen is evolving, so why not Nokia take on MeeGo again, although Sailfish is the brainchild of MeeGo.

* RICOufa,

Yes, I am very sorry that at one time I could not fully test N9. Several days of work, competent distribution of RAM, time is constantly in sight. Now the very same Samsung and others are rolling out “time on screen” with sauce, almost innovation, but in 2011 it was quiet on N9. I sat on both iOS and Android and already understand that they stupidly stomp on the spot. It seems to me, too, that now is the time for MeeGo. Tizen has a slightly lame story, as I understand it, due to the lack of interest from third-party developers. MeeGo is the winner here, even after so many years.

Rep: (4)
One can only hope that Nokia will not become the next Androyd's China ....

Rep: (35)
What meego comrades, what you see on Nokia n9 is a mix of maemo with a shell similar to meego. All that remains of the developments formed the basis of Nemo OS, which many scold for dampness although they are sawing its community. Sailfish is a project on the ruins of meego and nemo. So it’s stupid to wait for meego, because its real one could be seen only on n900

* amigo157
Well, I wrote about them two, and not about one, and you only got attached to Maemo. In this case, Meego can be finished up to the familiar look of Maemo.

Post has been editedGiorgioM - 07.01.17, 21:48

Rep: (470)
finish the flood!
1) Migi's earnings on infa from the network were really destroyed, in any case, all this belonged to the subsidiary of "Nokia Mobile & Services" which was sold to MIKES and they still have to this day
2) From the Nokia there was only a brand, a label if you like
3) No continuations of flashing, etc. no and does not think
4) the only intelligible development is Taizen, Mer and Sailfish - but this is about other companies ...

Rep: (11)
3) No continuations of flashing, etc. no and does not think

Everything has long been destroyed, including RD. People fled.

This is now a story.

Rep: (0)
Hello.
Found on TMO a link to the petition. Perhaps the HMD will somehow react.
http://6url.ru/kvra

Rep: (3)
there such an ugly trashy yog was on N9 with a lack of software. after so much torment and wandering ... but it’s even strange that I remember some moments with warmth. my ancestors fused this tube to me when they themselves joined the obscure iPhones. By the way, and in the plan of iron ... I liked the camera there, compared to 4-5 iPhones and my convenience
(+ when I took it apart, the case was made there so conveniently and the connection of the case and the screen was made, and the screen is cool, it’s very difficult to break such a round with the same layer of glass in round places with a relatively small size. believe me, when it pissed me off for weeks in a row, I did smashed it on the edge of a wooden bed at home. it was enchantingly megatrude. the case cracked, but the screen went dark. remembering how much later I smashed the matrix of other smartphones, it’s just PPC ... achievement. in other smartphones even with armored With a glass outside the sneezing bunch, it easily breaks.

this despite the fact that in n9 there is no percent and all the gig and screen resolution is weak. (although iPhones surprised to the last with their huge frames around the screen of smartphones, (with a relatively small mini ipad framework, for example) mega-cool holes and 640 kilobytes of RAM will be enough for everyone to win. when everyone has 2-4 GB even on 100-150 dollar tubes, they press on 3 GB in more thousand bucks today, damned idaras, the most ass of iPhones is software. beautifully dumb software. protected beautifully dumb software.)

In short, in this dump, the stream of consciousness ... when the charge controller n9 started to fail, and did not charge, but it was always discharged slowly. and I’m Vitogue from idle-inadequate software (yes, on Google / Yandex maps, all kinds of gIS and so on, have long taken a step towards any students mummies with children and other pedestrians on public transport and just on foot. And there the browser in these tabs was dumb , and it wasn’t stupid to build a route.and with all the cool open source and customizable things for system administrators and TP progers and enikeyschikov this wasn’t stupid. scoring on the camera norms rahuyaril about something good place device.

did not wait for the promised droid port. and then he was semi-non-working. (

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/16/19, 08:15