QNAP TAS-168/268 - discussion | NAS + 1x1Gb | 4 + 1

Rep: (7)
QNAP TAS-168/268 - discussion »
NAS + 1 • 1Gbit \ s | USB: 4 + 1

Attached Image

Description
Description taken from manufacturer’s websitehttp://qnap.ru/tas-168
An innovative network drive that combines two operating systems - QTS and Android. He is able to reliably store and reserve files, provide them with general access via local network and via the Internet, and most importantly - work as a multimedia center with all the capabilities of Android. Equipped with a dual-core ARM v7 processor with a frequency of 1.1 GHz and 2 GB of RAM, the TAS-168 has sufficient performance to simultaneously perform several tasks and, in fact, is a home media center for entertainment with large disk space and an HDMI output with 4K video support (H.265). Download millions of Android apps and games with no worries about disk capacity.

• Play 4K video files on TV via HDMI
• Using apps from Google Play and Qmarket
• Sync with your Google Account
• Centralized file and backup management
• File sharing between computers, laptops and mobile devices
• Broadcast DLNA media library to other devices and TV
Additional Images
Attached Image
Specifications
Taken from the manufacturer’s websitehttp://qnap.ru/tas-168

CPU
Dual-core ARM 1.1 GHz

RAM
2 GB (DDR3)

Flash memory
4 GB

Disk space
1 (2 for TAS-268) x 3.5 "HDD with SATA I or SATA II

HDD slots
1 (2 for TAS-268) x slot

Maximum Storage Capacity
6 TB

Network interfaces
1 x RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet

USB
1 x USB 3.0 (Front)
4 x USB 2.0 (Rear)

HDMI
1 x HDMI

Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth)
167.7 x 60 x 125 mm

Weight
Without hard drives: 0.6 kg
In the box: 1.74 kg

Power supply
External power supply 36 W
Input voltage: 100 - 240 V

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactauto RU in QMS or moderators section through a button Pictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Rep: (1)
@ ndrey @ 03/19/2017, 12:08*
Do you have us connected to tv via hdmi? Have you tried 30-40 gb remixes? Doesn't slow down?
Prots is weak for two OS that's what confuses. And there will be no android update except 4.4.4?
And the idea is interesting in principle. There are NASAs with HDMI output, but they cost significantly more. And I have a TV without a smart TV, network and wi-fi. Therefore, I became interested in this model. There are many options for Chinese media players, but I do not like them in terms of support and various dances with tambourines. And here are two in one.

No, I didn’t even try to connect like that. US is included in the router, connect via network

Rep: (0)
It’s strange. Why then have TAS? The trick here is in hdmi

It turned out to be more convenient for me on the network, it rumbles quite a bit with screw heads, and the fan ... I put it in the corridor, it doesn’t bother anyone

Well, yes ... there is one. If it works 24 hours, then you can’t put it in the bedroom next to the TV. There is simply cheaper ts 212 or 228 without connecting via hdmi. Do you use android? Yes, but have you tried to watch 4K? Doesn't slow down?

Post has been edited@ ndrey @ - 20.03.17, 00:15

@ ndrey @ 03/19/17, 10:17 PM*
Well, yes ... there is one. If it works 24 hours, then you can’t put it in the bedroom next to the TV. There is simply cheaper ts 212 or 228 without connecting via hdmi. Do you use android? Yes, but have you tried to watch 4K? Doesn't slow down?

Can I use Android with a network connection? I thought it was current over HDMI ... and what's the point?
I connected network drives and see what is needed. Qvideo app from your phone.

Rep: (37)
The drives are noisy, you can, of course, stick an SSD, but they are expensive and there is not enough space.
I looked closely at him a year ago (but I chose qnap ts-251, and now I want to take more nas for myself already), from the reviews here in this for tas-168 we show work via HDMI (at the end there are several videos from VKontakte):
http://reviews.ru/article.html?id=4132
Even on YouTube there was a couple of vidyuh about 2-disk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVFy9LeE8Vw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DnTonVW2s

Someone on version 4.3.2 can advise how to manage torrents, have experience using as a download server?
From my own experience, I understand that Download station is far from ideal, at the very least poorly downloads files, but does not move them to the folder specified at the beginning of the download. Ok, I downloaded the file to the Download folder, then I try to move the file to the directory I need in Filestation, so the system rolls with errors like [Kernel] Out-Of-Memory. Kill process 18011 (healthd). To reclaim memory resources, try disabling some applications or consider expanding the system memory (if possible).
Is the only solution to roll back to previous versions, where was the order with software?
Thank.

Using the built-in Download station bootloader is problematic since it does not transfer downloads to the desired folder.

Today I noticed a chip, if you select a torrent in DownloadStation and click Stop, the file moves to the specified folder at the beginning of the download)), all the resources are copied unnecessarily, but still.

Acaplea @ 03/20/2017, 10:09 PM*
Today I noticed a chip, if you select a torrent in DownloadStation and click Stop, the file moves to the specified folder at the beginning of the download)), all the resources are copied unnecessarily, but still.

This is an old feature. But not suitable. Since I have been distributing torrents for quite some time, until ratio 4-6.
And from the station’s temporary folder, I can’t watch by phone.
I rolled back and use Transmission.
On the offsite, many swear at the download station, but the manufacturer does not care. It was necessary to buy synolodge

Since I have been distributing torrents for quite some time, until ratio 4-6.

Now I understand that after Stop clicked, everything was over, the torrent is no longer active.

Now I understand that after Stop clicked, everything was over, the torrent is no longer active.

Hammer on DS, use Transmission

@ ndrey @ 03/19/17, 13:08*
Do you have us connected to tv via hdmi? Have you tried 30-40 gb remixes? Doesn't slow down?

I have connected. Remuxes play with the built-in media browser normally, but 4K (with the same media browser) slows down on I-frames. It may not be if you put the player.

Posted on 04/02/2017, 13:28:

Well? No one came up with that you can stop and turn off the prog?

Has anyone tried to watch an online movie? How does an android pull? It’s necessary to start the chrome first, and then the video is already from the site ... Doesn’t break?

Guys!
How to put KODI without an Internet? What version to download on a computer to a flash drive? How then to install from a flash drive?

Installed the latest firmware TAS-X68_20170329-4.3.2.0144.
Got 2 warnings in QTS:
1) Download Station is not compatible with firmware
2) Video Station is incompatible firmware.
Strange ...

Post has been editedNokia2520 - 03.05.17, 14:35

What is so strange here?
When I updated, I also updated individual applications.
Update these programs or read problems with firmware 4.3 and roll back))

Post has been editeddoc_hate - 03.05.17, 15:03

* doc_hate
It seemed strange to me that the firmware does not have a minimum set of prog. I just have not connected the device to the Internet since the time of purchase. The previous firmware (4.2.0) got up normally.
Damn, I felt that I did not need to update. Are there serious problems there ?! Where to read?
Can I roll back by simply installing the previous firmware?
I was hoping that this firmware will add video codecs to the android - not all movies are played from the browser.

Well, as problems, many programs are no longer supported. Maybe something else. But I rolled back right away (just put the desired firmware). Read off. forum. Android did not connect, I will not prompt.

* doc_hate
Yeah ... I noticed today that the Android from the remote control has stopped turning off. I click on the button, a window appears. I click OK. The window just closes and Android continues to work.

I registered on the QNAP forum ... On the first page I found a topic about rolling back to the old firmware with the answer of TP:
"Firmware 4.3 is a test, in some cases, the devices generally stop functioning after installing it, this is normal.
Before installing, you were presented with a list of possible problems and you agreed to install it. "
Ahrenet!
By the way, I did not get any list of possible problems.
Roll back to 4.2.0

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/24/19, 19:32