Audio Flac formats, WAV, M4A, MP3, OGG | Discussion which audio format is the best on sound
What do you think is the best audio format
flac [ 280 ] ** [57,49%]
AAC [ 53 ] ** [10,88%]
Wav [ 56 ] ** [11,5%]
mp3 [ 44 ] ** [9,03%]
ogg [ 33 ] ** [6,78%]
Another format [ 13 ] ** [2,67%]
Wavpack [ 8 ] ** [1,64%]
What do you think the best Lossy codec
AAC [ 147 ] ** [30,18%]
Wma [ 28 ] ** [5,75%]
Mp3 [ 72 ] ** [14,78%]
Ogg [ 65 ] ** [13,35%]
What your best lossless codec
FLAC [ 263 ] ** [54%]
ALAC [ 17 ] ** [3,49%]
Monkey's Audio. [ 5 ] ** [1,03%]
Wavpack [ 30 ] ** [6,16%]
Total votes: 487

Rep: (34)
DiscussionBest audio format for sound and quality
PictureFLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, OGG

The topic is new, I consider it interesting for those to whom the sound quality is important ..

Music search site in FLAC format
https://flaceless.com/

Post has been editedUlises + - 21.03.20, 23:05

Rep: (24)
Hi) I am for FLAC, I can listen to MP3 in 320/44)

* turbo_yurik,
Custa converted from MP3 (320 k / s) to FLAC format increased from 7 m to 70 m,
Still heard that WAV is better than mp3 but not to find original music in this format in the internet, and maybe I just look so bad))

Rep: (1200)
Of course FLAC, for this is the newest format that has come to replace MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG and other things. The codec is designed to compress audio data without loss. It is so to speak the technical side of the question.
But with practice, everything is far away. Most people listen to music through their smartphones (most of the budget), with a very crazy audio part, and even through regular or fairly cheap headphones.
Well, it is asked why to chase behind the super audio format when it sounds as well as old mp3.
For HiFi owners, audio players are the opposite.
Conclusion is simple: there is a serious instrument, it makes sense to look for FLAC.

PS is not still able to distinguish quality. Many do not hear the difference that in mp3 in 192kbit / c What to 320 kbps / c, that FLAC.

Ulises + @ 26.12.16, 01:32*
Still heard that WAV is better than mp3 but not to find original music in this format in the internet, and maybe I just look so bad))

WAV is a very old and not soaked format, and at the same time very heavy by volume.
Convert mp3 in FLAC is meaningless. Quality will not improve.

Post has been editedgabby - 26.12.16, 10:56

Rep: (1279)
Ulises + @ 25.12.16, 19:32*

Why did you do it? If you were sacd or DVD-Audio ripated in the flack is one thing. And to convex already compressed audio in the husless format is to put it mildly nonsense.

Rep: (407)
mp3

Rep: (15)
Wav
FLAC

Incorrect introductory surveys.
WAV is an audio format (in turn containing audio data LPCM).
FLAC, APE, WAVPACK, etc. - This is a loslass codec / containers in which package WAV files to save space. The WAV file at any time can be unpaved from FLAC and reset again, while the WAV file will always remain unchanged. That is, I can rip my corporate CD in the WAV image, package in FLAC and lay out somewhere on the rutraker. You download My Flac, unpack back to WAV and it will be a bit in the bit identical to the original. True, the need for unpacking can only appear in the case of writing an image to a CD-R blank using the EAC program.
Flac has eight compression levels to choose from. The compression ratio affects the weight of the FLAC file and the speed of its packaging / unpacking, but does not have any influence on the WAV inside. A weak device such as an old smartphone can slow down when working with the maximum compressed FLAC. The device is easier to work with a minimally compressed FLAC, and with WAV it is even easier, but stored in the phone naked WAV stupid because of their big weight. By the way, all devices do not reproduce FLAC as such, but unpackled FLAC and read WAV already. :)
APE - a similar codec, only paid and more brake when unpacking, so they almost no one uses and not all devices support it. Wavpack meets even less often, but there are fans, as it is believed that once in a million conversion of FLAC is wrong, and in WavPack errors allegedly excluded.

I hope you realize that FLAC is a packaging for WAV.

This is called apart and do it completely pointless. And on the sites where they lay out music in Loslass for such a banyat forever, if you find apart. By the way, MP3 in this case is not converted into FLAC, but first in WAV, and then in FLAC. Just the program does not show you an intermediate step converting to WAV. :)

Gabby @ 26.12.16, 10:53*
Of course FLAC, for this newest format has replaced mp3

Looking from where to count. Mp3 was born in 1993, but then there was no other internet. FLAC appeared in 2001. Home computers from the people of third countries massively began to appear at the beginning of zero years, for example, I have in 2002. So in my house, these formats appeared simultaneously and MP3 immediately became unnecessary to me, since I started copying CD on the first day and recorded images on CD-R disc. And in the phones at that time there was so little memory that even one album in MP3 320 Kb / s was not placed. :)

Post has been editedHakkapeliitta - 29.12.16, 23:34
Reason for editing: My spelling illiteracy.

Rep: (1)
I throw a question. What is better to harm from the same FLAC, OGG or AAC? Mp3 not to offer)

* in_quest
In Ogg. AAC is still more oriented to multichannel sound, 48 channels, effects, etc.

Rep: (36)
On android only listened to Flac: Happy: Habit went from Japs

* Rebellious,
It is a pity that the Internet is very difficult to find the necessary music in FLAC and WAV formats.

Posted on 01/21/2017, 11:45 PM:

If anyone knows sites with music in WAV format, Flac, share

Ulises + @ 01.21.17, 17:43*
It is a pity that the Internet is very difficult to find the necessary music in FLAC and WAV formats.

Yes you ???
Ulises + @ 01.21.17, 17:43*
If anyone knows sites with music in WAV format, Flac, share

list

Post has been editedAzathtot - 22.01.17, 10:22

Rep: (379)
* Ulises + , Rutraker :)

Rep: (14)
1.wav without compression
2.Flac already have a slight compression
3. AAC-M4A, OGG, compressed but better than mp3
4.mp3: Suicide:

Posted on 03/14/2017, 23:07:

* Ulises +,
and here

Rep: (497)
And yet to what conclusion did you come here?
I chose Ogg as an optimal quality / size ratio. Listen to the LG G Pro2 F350s Android 5.0.1st and Poweramp player with active Hi-Res access and headphones Koss Sporta Pro. In principle, I am pleased with OGG format. Difference from MP3 noticeably immediately. Of course, who is arguing the FLAC is a wonderful format, but I do not have enough space simply. And so the card on 64 is almost completely clogged with music. And if you use FLAC, then you probably need a 256 card already. And the prices for them are still biting. That's why I was left on Ogg.

Rep: (25)
* kalinka9 Why is the OGG? With what bitret one click?

Rep: (666)
Hakkapeliitta @ 12/30/16, 00:25*
And unpack Flac and read WAV already.

And it always seemed to me that they were decoded in PCM in PCM)
Hakkapeliitta @ 12/30/16, 00:25*
but keep the naked WAV stupid in the phone because of their greater weight

Even more stupid IMHO, of course, in the presence of modern flash drives at 128 or even more GB to convert in MP3)

And so from the codecs with losses, I would prefer MPC (Musepack), but I am stupid and prefer naked WAV)

Rep: (3)
From the listed: FLAC. Because WAV is the same flac, but the places takes more, and everyone else is with losses.
Previously, the flac was not so popular due to the size of the files. Now I don't care.

Rep: (497)
* albatross1100 In my opinion the optimal quality ratio / size. I put the bitrate 500.

Posted on 03.10.2017, 10:58:

* Turbo Pascal 5.5 how does this do not care? I have a 53 gig in the OGG audio format. And in FLAC it will be about 100-120 gig. Map is only 64. Cards on 128 are still biting for the price. Cards on 256 bite even stronger. How does this do not care?)

Rep: (379)
* kalinka9 I have music for 190 gigs and I also bought a screw for 1TB :)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 21.01.21, 18:09