Cube Mix Plus - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 10 | 10.6 "| Intel Core m3-7Y30 2.6GHz | 4GB

Rep: (209)
Discussion Cube Mix Plus
tabletpc on Intel Core m3-7Y30 | 4GB + 128GB | Windows 10 | 10.6 "IPS screen
Description | Purchase and accessories пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Cherry Trail пїЅ | Android | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications, reviews
Specifications
CPU: Intel Core m3-7Y30 (Kaby Lake, 2 cores, x64, up to 2.6 GHz in turbo mode)
Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics 615
RAM: 4 GB DDR3L 1866 MHz (dual channel mode, Samsung K4E8E304ED-EGCC chips)
Built-in memory: 128 GB SSD (104 GB free on drive C :) brand FORESEE, format M.2 2242
Card reader: support for microSD cards (presumably up to 128 GB inclusive)
Display: 10.6 ', IPS, 16: 9, 1920x1080, 207 PPI (the same as in the i7 Stylus / i7 Book and Surface Pro 2). OGS technology is not.
Wi-Fi: dual-band 802.11a / b / g / n (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz), Intel Wireless-AC 3165 chip
Bluetooth: 4.0
3G, LTE: not
GPS: not
Sensors: accelerometer, magnetic sensor closure cover
Camera: main 5 Mpx with autofocus, front 2 Mpx without autofocus (720p 30FPS video recording)
Ports:
1x USB 3.1 Type-C (can be charged, standard Power Delivery)
1x Micro USB 3.0
3.5mm mini-jack (supports headset)
DC 12 V for power supply
Battery: 4300 mA / h 7.4 Volt (31.8 Wh)
Power Supply: 12 V / 2.5 A
Support for a docking station with a keyboard and USB 2.0 port (sold separately, connection via POGO 10-pin)
WACOM stylus support up to 1024 clicks (sold separately)
Dimensions: supposedly 273x172x10 mm
Weight: 706 g without keyboard, 1.36 kg. with keyboard CDK09
Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews
Video reviews

Reviews forums
Performance, heat, autonomy
Benchmarks
Geekbench 4.0.3 = 3242/5961 (30% higher than i7 Book)

Wi-Fi: 300 Mbps pulls

SSD: linear reading (seq) 500/200 Mb / s (read / write), 4K blocks 8/60 Mb / s

The result of benchmarks from TechTablets.
FPS in games
Ori and the Blind Forest:33-40 FPS(1280x720, low)
Fallout 4:10 FPS in heavy scenes, 15-20 FPS in lungs(1280x720, low)
Dota 2:60-70 FPS(1920x1080, low)
Doom 4:22-30 FPS(1024x768, low)
Battlefield 4:25-30 FPS(1280x720, low)
CS: GO:40-60 FPS(1920x1080, low)
Heat
In heavy tasks (benchmarks, games), the temperature reaches 100 degrees and throttling. Most likely the situation is the same as with the i7 Book: the thermal padding between the aluminum cover and the copper plate on the back cover was not installed from the factory. But while there are no pictures of the entrails.
Autonomy
Presumably remained unchanged: about 5 hours of work on the Internet via Wi-Fi with 50% brightness.
Windows, drivers, useful software, BIOS
Reinstalling Windows 10
  1. First, it is recommended to save everything you need from the C: drive, for example, to a flash drive. If you wish, you can copy the activation key (via the programProduKeyor AIDA64) and also save it (although because in Win10, activation is tied to hardware, this step is optional). Be sure to remember which edition of Windows was from the factory (Home or Pro). If you install a different edition, the activation will not work.
  2. Download the programhttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209there choose "Create installation media". Language Russian, release of Windows 10, bit x64, then insert the flash drive at least 4 GB and choose it. The program itself will download the latest release build of Win10 and write to the flash drive. Can I have some moreDownload ISO image from Microsoftand unpack it on a flash drive, but there they dazzled the home and professional editions and 4 GB flash drives are not enough.
    P.S On the Chinese website pan.baidu.com I found a Chinese Win10 image for Cube Mix Plus (size 7 GB). I do not know what is in it, so I have not yet laid it out. If anyone needs to write in the subject or in a personal, I will upload to Cloud @ Mail and try.
  3. If the old Windows starts, you can: Start>Options->Upgrade and security->Recovery->Reload now->Use the device and in the list should be visible flash drive with Win10. If Windows does not boot, then this option remains: connect the keyboard + flash drive via a USB hub (if you have the original keyboard in its USB port), reboot the tablet and press F7. A boot menu will open where you select the flash drive.
  4. Further as usual Win10 is installed. Keys can be skipped, activation will be made later when connected to the Internet. If desired, you can delete all partitions on the hard and Win10 will create them again. Usually, it turns out to free up ~ 50 MB of space.
  5. After installation, connect to the Internet, let all new updates and drivers be installed. But many drivers will have to be installed manually, the links in the spoiler are below.

Drivers
After you install the original Windows 10 on a piece of iron, many drivers will not (turn the display, memory card reader). To start advise you to check the center of the updates, the install some drivers. After that, put a fresh driver video from Intel site (link below). You can then download the driver pack from the link below, unzip it in a folder, open the Device Manager for each Unknown Device, right-click and select Refresh, specify the path to this the unpacked archive. You should find and install.

Latest video driver
Driver Pack (December 2016)withchinese cloud
Backup driversmade by face_ltd
Stylus Drivers
Bios
Links
How to backup your current BIOS
  1. Downloadingfptwand unpack
  2. Open cmd as administrator
  3. Go to the folder where you unpacked (cd command) and write FPTW64.exe -d backup.bin
  4. A full backup of the current BIOS will be saved in backup.bin

How to remove the Chinese Cube logo when turned on
The simplest thing in BIOS is to turn off the Quiet Boot option. Then there will be the AMI logo. A more complicated option is to modify the BIOS firmware, then instead of the Chinese logo, you can download any other.
You are personally responsible for your actions! If something happens with the firmware, the tablet will no longer turn on and you cannot restore SPI Flash without a programmer!
  1. First you need a backup copy of the current BIOS (BIN extension).
  2. Download the program UEFITool (0.21.5orherefresh).
  3. Open the BIOS file through UEFITool. Find the Raw Section in the Intel image branch ->BIOS region ->8C8CE578 ... ->05CA020B ... ->8C8CE578 ... ->7BB28B99 ... ->EE4E5898 as in the screenshot:
    Attached Image

4. PKM ->ExtractBody and save somewhere. The program does not need to close.
  5. Next you need to create an image with the same parameters. It may be easier to rename the source from RAW to JPG, open it in a graphic editor and edit it. Although the XDA for i7 Stylus loaded pictures of lower resolution and everything worked. Here it is necessary to try.Small collectionlogos.
  6. After saving the image, rename it again to RAW and in UEFITool choose Replace body for the same Raw Section.
  7. Save the BIOS and flash it through the fptw program (FPTW64.exe-f biosnew.bin). After completion, I recommend once again to read the current BIOS and compare it with the original checksum.
Useful software
Patches, fixes
Modification of the tablet, photo of the entrails
Before disassembling the tablet:
1) Remove the memory card, otherwise you will break it and the card reader slot
2) It is desirable to fix the on / volume buttons to the case with an ordinary scotch tape, otherwise after disassembly it is easy to take off and then difficult to install
Photos of the entrails
If anyone disassembles the tablet and there will be a desire to make high-quality photos, it will come in handy
Keyboard(from i7 Book, but in theory there are no differences except color)
SSD replacement
The new SSD should be in the M.2 2242 format. Before buying, look for the drive tests for a good speed / read (and pay attention primarily to the speed with 4K blocks, not linear).
SSD Replacement Video (eng)
Reduced heat
Program method
These methods work on i7 Stylus, nobody has tried Mix Plus yet. If you do, please unsubscribe about the results.
Attention! Reducing heating by software is to limit the performance of the processor. In ordinary tasks, you probably won't notice the difference, but in difficult ones (especially in games) it will be slower.

Option 1. Limiting the maximum state of the processor. In the old control panel ->Power supply click on the current plan, select additional parameters. Find the CPU Power Management section, set the maximum state to 65% instead of 100%. By doing this, we disable TurboBoost for the CPU and it should not raise the frequency above 900 MHz, although the GPU will also be used in games, it cannot be limited in this way.

Option 2. Reducing the temperature of the processor at which throttling begins. In BIOS, find the Advanced ->CPU Configuration ->TCC Activation Offset. In i7 Stylus, the parameter value was 3 and throttling occurred at 95-3 = 92 В° C. As in Mix Plus, it is not yet known, but if you increase the value, then throttling will start earlier.

Option 3. In BIOS, disable the power limit blocking (Advanced ->CPU Configuration ->Package power limit lock ->Disabled), then install the program ThrottleStop, where in the settings to set the maximum value of the Package Power Long and Short for example 5W (numbers for i7 Stylus). Thus, the processor should not accelerate above this value.

Option 4. Reducing the voltage of the processor, morehere.
Hardware method
Attention! No one is responsible for your actions! It is recommended to improve cooling only if you do not have enough performance in difficult tasks (Internet, office, simple games are not considered them) and you are sure that you will not damage the tablet!

Remember that improving the cooling of the processor occurs due to the improvement of heat removal to the back cover, which leads to its heating by 10 degrees (up to 45-50 may be difficult tasks in the heat)!

Cube Mix Plus - Discussion (Post Saymon_xxx # 61175849)

Option number 1 (simple: adding thermal pads)
tk initially between the aluminum plate (0.5 mm, the cover processor) and copper plate (the rear cover sticky) no thermo factory, it is possible to simply add it (thickness 1 mm). Issue price of less than $ 100. The effectiveness of course not as good as that of the options below, but 10 degrees subside fever. Note that the back cover will warm up more than usual (up to 50 degrees under load). It is likely that the Chinese are not specifically put added thermal pads to less complained about the heating body.
Option number 2 (medium: adding a finished copper plate and thermal pads)
You can add a copper plate of 20x20x1 mm (on thermal paste) between the processor and the factory aluminum cover, and a 1 mm thermal pad above the aluminum (you can take the factory one that was above the processor), the temperature will decrease by 20 degrees.

Video (Alexey Ignatiev)
Video (eng, TechTablets)
Option number 3 (complex: making a copper plate instead of the standard aluminum)
Detailed instructions yet.

The main idea: the tablet is disassembled, the aluminum plate is removed. Thermal paste MX4 is applied to the processor. Instead of an aluminum plate, a large copper plate (100x100x1 mm) was made, and for contact with the processor, a small copper plate 20x20x1 mm (the copper plates are glued together with hot melt together). A thermal strip 1 mm thick is stuck on top of a large copper plate. for contact with the back cover.
Thermal pads, plates, thermal grease, etc.
  1. Thermal pad (Thermal Pad) is used in cases where between the surfaces too far to use thermal grease. In the above-described methods it is used to remove heat from the copper plate (or regular aluminum) on the rear cover. There is different thermal conductivity of the thermal spacers and sizes. Good thermal conductivity (6 W / (m • K)) in ARCTIC Thermal Pad, but its price is $ 5-10. Often use cheaper for $ 1 with a thermal conductivity of 3.2 W / (m • K), can be found on Aliexpress, and eBay. Dimensions typically standard 100x100 mm. But the thickness should be chosen according to the selected modification method.
  2. Copper plates can also be found on Ali or eBay. Price around 3-5 $. For the manufacture of a large plate, you will need a copper plate with dimensions of 100x100 mm, and a small plate (better to search on request copper shim) 20x20 can be found already cut out. The most important thing is to choose the thickness. It is also advisable to ask the seller to pack better, if the large plate bends, then straightening it to perfect evenness will be very difficult.
  3. Hot-melt glue is needed if you decide to use a complex method, where a small and a large plate are glued together. Thermal glue has less thermal conductivity than thermal paste, but the latter is used incorrectly, as the small plate must be securely fixed in a certain place and should not be displaced so as not to close anything. Hot-melt glue can be found on Aliexpress / Ebay, or in the city they often sell for 200-400 rubles Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive (two tubes with two parts).
  4. Thermal paste is used to contact the processor chip with a small copper plate (if you selected option number 2). There is already a huge choice, anyconductive . Personally, I prefer the Arctic Cooling MX-4. She has good performance in tests and the price is more or less adequate. Although I think you can find and not much worse, but cheaper.

Performance degradation (for increased runtime)
The topic is not fully disclosed, we collect information on pieces of the i7 Book topic.
1) They write that by opening additional power scheme settings, you can limit performance and win a couple of hours of additional work.Cube i7 Book (Post xSRx # 54935404)
2) It is possible to reduce the processor voltage, see here //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=745313&st=500&view=findpost&p=53855191""XTU
increase the maximum power of the processor and do stress tests, watching the temperature and frequency of the CPU + GPU.
In the settings of the Intel HD graphics control panel, select Maximum Performance and disable "Extended battery runtime for gaming applications."
Installing SSD format 2260

How to increase productivity
Undervolt. Updated instruction
Alternative tablets
1) Teclast X5 Pro. The processor is the same, but 8 GB of RAM, display 12.2 'and 240 GB SSD. The price is $ 200 higher.

Comparison of different models from GarryHow
Other models Cube
Sort by release date.
Cube i7- model of 2015, display 11.6 ', Core M-5Y10 processor, there is a built-in 4G-modem. It is in low demand because of the price.
Cube i7 Stylus- Model 2015 release, the processor Core M-5Y10, has the same dimensions as the Book, but there is no Type-C.
Cube i9- model of 2016, display 12.2 ', processor Core m3-6Y30, inside there is a free slot for 4G-modem.
Cube i7 book- model mid-2016 release, processor Core m3-6Y30, an improved version of the i7 Stylus.
Cube Mix Plus - announced at the end of 2016. Put a more powerful processor Core m3-7Y30, SSD is now 128 GB.
History of changes caps
26.02 - added a link to the video on improving cooling
12.02 - Russian video review
08.02 - added links to SSD 2260 installation instructions from face_ltd.
02.02 - added section with useful software
01.02 - Added a section with a modification of the cooling + link to the full review from TechTablets
01/26/17 - driver pack added
01/30/2018 - Modification of the tablet, a photo of the entrails>How to increase productivity. Undervolt. Updated instruction
06/26/2018 - Renewal of the capResigning the caps to those (Fast AndrewP_one # 74539966)

FAQ — Frequently Asked Questions:in the i7 Book theme header

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 02.08.18, 17:43
Reason for editing: Stylus drivers

Rep: (4)
maike-80 @ 03/06/2019, 21:29*
There was a problem, after the game (asphalt downloaded from the store) begins twitching desktop image, and can sometimes hang tightly. The temperature is not above 78 degrees. And today right in the game flew out blue, and then restart again the entire desktop twitches vlevl right and friezes. Reinstalled Windu - nothing has changed. (Termomod made with a copper plate). In what side to dig?

Himself responsible, who could be useful. It turns out it was necessary to simply install directx with mikrosof site and framework 3.5. Looks for video driver they are needed, and after permutation of Windows they are not present.

Rep: (11)
Another question: Has anyone tried to install the SD card capacity of 200 GB and above? Experience the burnt (as it seems) SSD feat on my SD card greater search volume, which can be downloaded immediately transfer or work files. Now an SD card of 128 GB, her experience is not enough.

Post has been editedbelarus74 - 13.03.19, 13:39

Rep: (2)
belarus74 @ 13.03.19, 13:38*
anyone tried to install SD card capacity from 200

200GB works 480gb works

Rep: (230)
* Belarus74, SSD is cheaper than the SD card with decent speed. volume Map a 128GB with a write speed of 10MB / s can spend a significant part of your life.

* plastillo,
Hurrah. Then choose a more or less reliable manufacturer and prikuplyu card 200, or even 256 GB.

* ShadowTM,
For tabletop use the SSD external connection, of course, no problem, but if the tablet is at least around the apartment wearing, the card although it ten times slower with the recording, but it is more convenient. I store on the card software installers that are installed on the tablet, or may be required + copies and archives work files + current firmware for phones + new audio books, etc. Of the available 120 GB card I currently busy around 95. A burned-SSD, which was somewhere else 30GB file, gave me a lesson files from SSD should be immediately copied to another medium. Arithmetic dictates that in my particular case, the card 200 GB - it is a minimum.
As for the cost, it is possible to find Ali card Sandisk 200 GB for 30-35 dollars. Approximately the same number standing there and know-SSD 240GB Neumann.

Post has been editedbelarus74 - 14.03.19, 14:23

Rep: (0)
Selling Cube Mix complete.
Details:

Cube Mix Plus - Buying and accessories (Post coCS_Gm # 83171454)

Rep: (41)
Hello,
About a week ago, there was a problem: the system has started to fall after about 5 hours (mobile access point mode). Before the fall of some of the app displays a message about reading at address zero error. Also, after the first symptoms appear on the screen in the center there is a square about the same size, but different colors, thickness:
Attached Image

Resetting the system has not solved the problem. In parallel with Windows Linux it should work fine.
Attached Image

Have any ideas? Drive dies?

Rep: (4)
I would like to reassure you, but the 5 hours it is even very good. But my opinion is the only video card overheating may produce this artifact.

* maike-80, 5 hours in idle mode - no heating at all, only wi-fi works even screen is not backlit. The next time you check out the cover after the symptoms.

Post has been editedPro100_user - 17.03.19, 11:52

Rep: (230)
* Pro100_user, and tried as the previous speaker? Well, update DirectX and Net.?
It looks like a soft-problem, since in Linux everything is in order.

* ShadowTM, thank you, set, see what happens. Although initially directX 12 in the number of the system.

UPD: It did not help

The plate was lukewarm, even if all the time standing on the charge. Some of the applications that are running throw exceptions reading at address zero. In the notification the following message appears in the center.
Attached Image

Post has been editedPro100_user - 18.03.19, 22:32

Attached to the smartphone Aliekspressa in the basket (above) this month appear coupons for a discount of $ 5 off $ 25 or more. I ordered the SD card on the Kodak 256 GB for $ 33 (after rebate at $ 6 = $ 5 coupon Ali + $ 1 coupon seller). I accomplish your goal of compatibility and operation, if and when I get.

For those who are looking for SSD Ali, I will describe the experience of trying to book a SSD BR B25 (they only sell one store). According to the specification in the picture, this model should be of MLC, the controller SMI 2246EN (a DRAM). Before ordering, I asked the seller, whether these specifications are available in the presence of the party and, specifically, how the controller is installed. Seller instead of an answer sent me a copy of the specification. I placed the order, and immediately after this seller "Autumn": on the available SSD controller is installed SMI 2246XT (no DRAM), a SSD yourself - such as TLC, rather than MLC. Thus, the disc is no different from the cheaper drives from other manufacturers.
The order has already been paid, but the seller made secure, and yet it is not sent. A day deadline for order processing. Of course, if he still will send the goods, I will open a dispute for non-compliance described. Seller - an obvious fraud.

By the end, I ordered in Belarusian online store SSD Transcend 240 GB (type TLC) for about $ 49 (including shipping).

Post has been editedbelarus74 - 19.03.19, 14:29

I obtain and install the SSD Transcend MTS420S 240 GB. Drive immediately identified in the installer Windows. So, really, the problem was in the burned SSD Foresee. He worked for less than two years, so keep in mind that the most important data from SSD should be regularly copied. I lost only the files that you can download again, but 30 GB of traffic also on foot do not go, and time spent on it should be.

Now I have a slightly comical problem. I can not close the lid so that the working volume rocker. It either sinks into, or shifting the rubber membrane. Share advice on how to win it. As a membrane generally must lie? There, on the edge there pimpochka. This pimpochka should enter the hole to reset the BIOS? I bet for an hour)

UPD: I paid a little glue on a toothpick, held on the surface of the membrane in contact with the buttons, and you're done. The power button works, Wind loads. Who'll take care of the drivers, etc. :)

Post has been editedbelarus74 - 20.03.19, 23:39

Rep: (54)
Hello.
Mix Plus been looking or i7 Book with dead motherboard housing as donor.
Or, if you can tell me where to buy a case and keyboard, I will be very grateful.

Rep: (6)
Stelve @ 24.03.19, 06:18*

The inverse problem. Searching for a motherboard die. Maybe someone has broken into the trash, prepared to discuss.

Rep: (5)
Hello!
I am a happy user, but it's time to leave)
you are welcome in private messages or Avito-Yulu) only seller))

risco @ 07.03.19, 09:32*
Tablet two years. He worked in most cases, with AC. Battery life in Windows shows no more than 41 percent. Charging using both the original and through usb-c. Began what happiness a week ago, before everything was normal. Well, even in the tablet will be charged at low sound side charging holes.

There were some cases of someone? Treatment of buying a new battery?

I had this problem 2 years ago. From the beginning gradually discharged to the intermediate ceiling (70% 65% 41%, ...). At the same time it is discharged to a maximum ceiling of 1% and cut down every time, even when the network. I threw eventually shelved.
Who took it and put it on charge. It charges up to 100%.
I can advise to defuse the device completely. Make sure that is completely turned off and drained, and charge the tablet to 100% off. Just do not advise you to use your tablet when connected network.

However, I like there was a problem with constant reboots the system when the connected network and the configuration of energy saving on the "Balanced Power", and remained. Nothing heavy will not start. Who can that advise?
Turns off at the processor 87-90 degrees Celsius, according to HWMonitor.

Rep: (6)
If nothing heavy is not running, then why the temperature of 90 degrees? Look processes might have something left running in the background. Or a virus.

Lied.
Still worse. The tablet will restart at all arbitrary. Now I turn off at 47 degrees. The Windows event log error is worth 41.
Quick Google gives an error about these possible causes:

Of course overclocking, overheating excluded. I do not accelerate at all.

There is only one pattern that I identified. The tablet is turned off more often when standing in the Windows power settings "High Performance".
A balanced diet rarely flies. On the energy savings even more rarely.

UPD.

Solved a problem. The problem lay in the RAM. I climbed into the BIOS ->Chipset ->SA Configuration ->Memory Configuration ->Maximum Memory Frequency ->1600 and the problem is solved.
The very memory Cube Mix Plus or at 1666 Mhz or in 1600. For some reason, I thought it was a bios or for 1867 Mhz or even higher.

Post has been editedGarryHow - 10.04.19, 02:19

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 09/23/19, 10:15