Chuwi LapBook 15.6 - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Atom x5 1.44GHz | 4GB RAM

Rep: (11)
DiscussionChuwi LapBook 15.6
PictureLapbook
Description |Discussion пїЅ | Discussion Lapbook 14.1 пїЅ | Purchase and accessories В»| A source of information | Chuwi theme onsavagemessiahzine.com пїЅ
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows UWP Discussion пїЅ | Intel Cherry Trail Gaming Discussion пїЅ | Android | Remix OS | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications:
  • 15.6-inch TN display with a resolution of 1920x1080;
  • Intel Atom x5 processor with up to 1.84 GHz frequency and Intel HD graphics of the eighth generation;
  • 4 GB DDR3L RAM;
  • 64 GB of internal memory eMMC;
  • battery capacity of 10,000 mAh;
  • 2 megapixel main camera;
  • pre-installed Windows 10 Redstone;
  • thickness from 9 mm to 22 mm;
  • weight 1.86 kg.

Additional Information:
The company Chuwi, which was previously known as a manufacturer of tablets and accessories for them, took up the issue of laptops. The first novelty in this category of devices was the LapBook, which the manufacturer called one of the thinnest and most compact solutions on the market. The device has a 15.6-inch display, but the dimensions of the notebook itself correspond to 14.1-inch models. The manufacturer managed to achieve such indicators by reducing the frame around the display and the size of the keyboard. It is noteworthy that the weight of the novelty is 1.8 kg.
Add. A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews
Forum Rulessavagemessiahzine.com: 4.25. The publication of referral materials (links, coupons and code words) in any form is prohibited and equated with commercial activities.Read more about banning the publication of referral links, coupons and code words. .
tab @ 04/06/2012, 20:09 *
- posting links to their reviews, channels, etc., posted on other resources that containreferral links, coupons and code wordsadvertising of online stores and other commercial resources is also prohibited and is considered a commercial activity.
Useful
Software images

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactChuwi co in QMS or moderators section through a button Pictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedstp101 - 17.07.17, 19:39
Reason for editing: BIOS dump

Rep: (766)
M
Topic moved to subsectionLaptops and UMPC

Rep: (5)
I attach the screen from the boot image UBUNTU. On the screen you can see that the problem is only in non-found wifa. From myself I will add - it works live ubuntu (unit) well, very fast !!! 32 bit images don't even try. 04/10/4 ubunt on running. 04/12/5 Ubuntu incorrectly works with the video card and does not see the system disk and Wi-Fi. 04/16/1 I did not see ubunt only.

Attached images
Attached Image

Ubunt only did not see the wifi.

Those. On it you can put a Wi-Fi "whistle", which sees Linux and work?

Is anyone in his old test games? like TES: Oblivion or other good titles?

Rep: (0)
Gsi87 @ 18.12.16, 17:13*
I attach the screen from the boot image UBUNTU

And how did you launch it? I did a little digging yesterday, but I didn’t find how to make the windows boot manager see the bootable USB flash drive

p.s. here somewhere on the forum there was a link to a github with a custom driver for wi-fi

Rep: (2592)
I add the review CHUWI LapBook. I can say that CHUWI is CHUWI (in my memory, they have not had a single perfect product yet). Briefly: poor (this is culturally speaking) cooling, TN matrix (low brightness, low contrast, average viewing angles), terrible sound dynamics.

Post has been editedyurisavagemessiahzine.com - 19.12.16, 14:06

And can you put another Windu Ten on it, a Russian ...?

Post has been editeddenver_t - 19.12.16, 15:45

Rep: (4)
And can you put another Windu Ten on it, a Russian ...?

It is Russified through the control panel;)

Pasib already found ...

I launched ubuntu like this:
I prepared a flash drive and inserted it into a beech.
I went to ufi by pressing cases while turning on the beech.
I went to the save and exit tab (in my opinion, there is no beech at hand - on the engraving of the keys).
There is an Override boot item in it - in it you can see all the boot loaders from which you can start, well, of course if ufi-beech sees it.
I pressed the bootloader, in which the name of the flash drive was present and the ubunt went to boot.

The beech sees only images for ufi, images for bios are not visible and, accordingly, it is impossible to boot from them.

Post has been editedgsi87 - 19.12.16, 22:32

Concerning IPS and not IPS ....
Here is a label from the "patient" box.
It is clear that you can stick anything, but I have the opportunity to put an old laptop side by side. I’m not saying that Chuvi’s matrix is ​​super, but the difference is noticeable ....

Attached images
Attached Image

Yes, what's the IPS, there is the most bad quality TN - low maximum brightness level, low contrast level, poor viewing angles.
Attached Image

Published byDetailed review CHUWI LapBook.

Post has been editedyurisavagemessiahzine.com - 21.12.16, 10:16

It is necessary to force the developer to listen to music every day through the dynamics of this LapBuk .... You can still somehow survive the picture ...., but the sound ... is like metal on glass ...

Post has been editeddenver_t - 21.12.16, 15:02

denver_t @ 21.12.16, 15:02*
It is necessary to force the developer to listen to music every day through the dynamics of this LapBuk .... You can still somehow survive the picture ...., but the sound ... is like metal on glass ...

One frustration. After all, it was possible to do the normal thing, and the IPS display, and the dynamics are normal, and cooling without increasing the cost of the product. But this is CHUWI :(.

Omit all mats. A laptop came with a broken display. I got stuck and did not turn it on. I checked only the presence of the device itself in the box. There were defects on the box, but I did not betray the values. And in vain. I wrote to tech support sdek and girbest. The jamb is 100% transport, it seems that something was dropped on my laptop. I opened it in the transport for the camera, but did not turn it on ... Naturally, I signed the paper. What to do, friends? The laptop was a gift to my mother, in the end, I stuck it in the most tomatoes. More NG ahead. Attaching photo. To the touch, by the way, the laptop is solid, I liked it. Thin and light

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedTemtyomich - 21.12.16, 20:50

Rep: (463)
Something I did not understand from the pictures, the case is not crumpled, and the matrix is ​​broken ??

That's the reason for IPS change ;-)

Post has been editedgsi87 - 21.12.16, 22:32

Gsi87 @ 21.12.16, 20:30*
That's the reason for IPS change ;-)

mmmm, but is it possible to carry out such replacements ??? I'm not talking about the complexity of the replacement, but in principle ...

yurisavagemessiahzine.com @ 21.12.16, 13:42 *
One frustration. After all, it was possible to do the normal thing, and the IPS display, and the dynamics are normal, and cooling without increasing the cost of the product. But this is CHUWI :(.

It would hardly have happened without the rise in price of the original product. And it's not that it is Chuvi and not Chuvi ... Components are cheap, hence the characteristics. The fact is that everyone was led, including me, to advertising and low cost and were disappointed.
I bought another laptop for work, and I will give this one to my mother. Series to watch and rummage on the Internet the most that ...
With its sale even reluctant to mess around, it's easier to give it away.

Girbest offers 30 bucks of compensation, or send them back, and they give me a new one, while compensating 50 dollars of delivery. Sdek is ready to send at the return address tomorrow, what should I do?

Rep: (463)
You did not tell us what the delivery cost you. If you are in the black, then you can both send and wait patiently for a new one, if not, then it is easier to change the matrix. If the case is whole, one conclusion suggests itself - initially there was a defective laptop in the box.

I don’t know about the CHUWI matrix, but I myself changed the TN matrix to IPS on ASUS in order to make it easier to watch movies. I got the matrix on the iXBT forum.

Received today chubak with laser, color engraving. Photo attached.

Attached images
Attached Image

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 08:02