Rep: (20)
TP-Link TL-WR840N - Discussion

A photo:
TL-WR840N V1
Attached Image
TL-WR840N V2
Attached ImageAttached Image

Description:
We need to start with the fact that TP-LINK TL-WR840N is exclusively a router for a small home or office. If you need to organize the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi and cable, say, more than 10 devices, and constantly download something, play online games, and perform other complex tasks, then you need a more powerful router. For example, as an option, you can watch TP-LINK Archer C20i, which also supports Wi-Fi 5 GHz.

This router without problems will distribute the Internet to several devices via Wi-Fi, and via a network cable. Judging by the information on the box, it can withstand online games, file downloads, etc. But you need to understand that everything is in moderation. If you run some heavy games on several computers at the same time, then most likely it will not withstand this load. If such budget models could cope with all the tasks, then who would buy a router that costs ten or more times more.

Specifications:
v.1
Wireless standard - 802.11n, 2.4 GHz frequency
MIMO support - is
Max. 300 Mbps wireless speed
Reception / Transmission
Information Security - WEP, WPA, WPA2
Transmitter power - 20 dBM
Access Point / Bridge Options

Switch - 4xLAN
Port speed - 100 Mbps
WDS technology support - is
Bridge mode - is

Router

Firewall (FireWall) - is
NAT - there is
SPI - is
DHCP server is
Dynamic DNS support - there is
DMZ - have
Static routing - is

VPN

VPN pass through support - is
PPTP support
Support - L2TP is
Support - IPSec

Antenna

The number of internal antennas - 2

Monitoring and Configuring

Web interface is

Additionally

Dimensions (WxHxD) 182x35x128 mm

v.2
HARDWARE CHARACTERISTICS
Interface 4 LAN ports 10/100 Mbps
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons WPS / Reset Button
Antenna 2 fixed 5 dBi antennas
(only for hardware version 2)
External power supply 9 VDC current / 0.6 A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
Dimensions (WxLxH) 182 x 128 x 35 mm
PARAMETERS OF WIRELESS MODULE
Frequency range (receive and transmit) 2400-2483.5 MHz
11n transfer speed: up to 300 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
Sensitivity (reception) 270 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
130 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11 Mbps: -85 dBm with 8% PER
6 Mbps: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1 Mbps: -90 dBm with 8% PER
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20 dBm or<100 mW
Wireless Features Enable / Disable Wireless Broadcast, WDS Bridge, WMM, Wireless Statistics
Wireless Security 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK

Useful links:
Firmware

For filling / editing questions caps press "complaint", then in the commentary write that it is necessary to add

Post has been editedivan2280 - 04.02.20, 15:41
Reason for editing: OpenWRT under tl-wr840n v4 and v5 with flashrom 16 / 32MB

Rep: (0)
Connected Inet from Kyivstar. Router offered at a cheap price. I took. It turned out the catch is that there is firmware from your ISP.

The question is whether it is possible to flash the firmware to an earlier version?

firmware on the router
3.16.9 Build 160,829 Rel.55894n

The newest firmware on the office site
TL-WR840N (EU) _V2_160406

and for FP region, and on the router written RU region

Rep: (5)
While 100в„… working version does not. Sam ... I Stopped looking at what it would react to the SC for flashing

Rep: (19)
mondayx @ 02.02.17, 17:44*
firmware on the router
3.16.9 Build 160,829 Rel.55894n

Periodically release firmware local provider under certain requirements.
Such firmware distributed by the provider and not laid out in the official website.

mondayx @ 02.02.17, 17:44*
The newest firmware on the office site
TL-WR840N (EU) _V2_160406

and for FP region, and on the router written RU region

Regional firmware into account legal and technical features of the countries for which they are designed.
In most cases, the designation of the region's particular version of the iron can be neglected.

Post has been editedgedler - 03.02.17, 14:09

Guys pomogite..Vchera bought this router V2 from the COP, but it does not have such a function as cloning poppy .. Can it somehow hidden by open? Or what is the most painless option flashing my router (that is, without soldering, etc. etc)

* svoi777
Hello, I tried to flash via TFTP server, but it seems like everything is normal and throws, but ultimately it again COP (
I do not give up aid)

Rep: (3)
And that poured through the TFTP? There are many non-performing instructions ... If you just beg zakirpichish- programmer ...

Rep: (5)
IzZzVeRgg @ 03.02.17, 13:53*
Guys pomogite..Vchera bought this router V2 from the COP, but it does not have such a function as cloning poppy .. Can it somehow hidden by open? Or what is the most painless option flashing my p

IzZzVeRgg @ 03.02.17, 15:40*
Guys pomogite..Vchera bought this router V2 from the COP, but it does not have such a function as cloning poppy .. Can it somehow hidden by open? Or what is the most painless option flashing my p

If you are from the Dnieper, I can tell where you can solve the problem of reinsertion. Sam has a patched receiver!

* gedler,

ie, you can flash the router with the new firmware on older?

I have a router from Kyivstar, the problem is that listening to internet radio, and it turns off after a few minutes. used to be a d-link such problems was not, tell me who knows what is the reason

mondayx @ 05.02.17, 03:54*
ie, you can flash the router with the new firmware on older?

If you prefer, you can, but there is a nuance.
For example, if the device is sewn TL-WR840N (EU) _V2_160406, the downgrade without additional dances with a tambourine, will not work, as on ofsayte hanging a warning (The EU firmware was specialized for CE certificating and can not be downgraded to other version) .
And what kind of firmware for requests Kyivstar gash - I do not know.

Rep: (29)
A few days ago I get this router from Kyivstar. Ask those who know the router: it for disassembly, the seals have something to eat?

Rep: (119)
* serg_000, He shook hands - the seals have not seen

Rep: (29)
Reflash (untied from Kyivstar) router for instructionshawkman , For which he was grateful to the reputation and +

Rep: (1)
Good evening, no one has faced so that some sites do not open on openwrt?

Rep: (119)
* kaktus_svoboda,
At least an example of these sites would lead to test could

kaktus_svoboda @ 26.02.17, 01:14*
Good evening, no one has faced so that some sites do not open on openwrt?

If your ISP uses dual access (PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP), it can take advantage ofthis instruction.
In the future, specify the provider, the type of connection and the site to which there is no access.

Rep: (6)
comrades how to roll with the European firmware at home?

kamaz_ist @ 03.03.17, 20:42*
how to roll with the European firmware at home?

SwingingTFTP-serverand firmware without buta (v2 to see the links below for other versions are seeking their own).
  • Right-clicking on the Local Area Connection Properties and vyberaem ->Internet Protocol version 4 ->Use the following IP address, and ask:
  • IP address - 192.168.0.66 with a subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
  • Take the firmware without buta, rename it wr840nv [x] _tp_recovery.bin (where [x] - major version of iron, ie v2.x - Specify a namewr840nv2_tp_recovery.bin) And copy to folderTFTP-server
  • Start the TFTP-server administrator.
  • In the Current directory (the current location), choose the folder where we have a TFTP-server and firmware.
  • In the Server interface (server interface) computer specify the IP, ie 192.168.0.66.
  • On the router hold the WPS / Reset button for about 15 seconds (WPS LED should light goes on TFTP firmware download).
  • After rebooting, can be rolled forwardany firmware(Do not forget to return the dynamic obtain IP addresses on the computer).

Post has been editedgedler - 04.03.17, 08:28

Rep: (79)
I will say one thing. This routre good only for domestic use, in which the network nahotyatsya laptop (wi-fi) and telephone (wi-fi). If something more, then the router will not withstand the load and falls off in Wi-Fi (2 TV + 2 = 5 minutes Nout and falls off wi-fi alone -. All works).
Lan at the same time - works fine. Something like this.

My conclusion. This router only for the student.

Rep: (51)
* saap,
Nesoglashus
The house has a smart TV, two telephones, laptop
Never module neotvalilsya
Version 2 840n

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 21/02/20, 22:19