Rep: (5)
Totolink N300RT - Discussion
Attached Image

Reviews:
Documentation:
Firmware:
Utilities
Instructions on firmware:
Instructions for firmware Totolink N300RT(andRhandF1) (translation from forum.anphat.vn)
  1. Firmware via WEB-muzzle
    • Determine the model of the device, the version and date of the current firmware:
    • ATWeb muzzledevice go to the "Management" ->"Upgrade Firmware".
    • The “Firmware Version” field will show the name of the current firmware.
      Attached Image

• The example above shows that the name of the firmware:TOTOLINK-F1-v1.0.0-B20140416 . 1632
      Decryption
      • Model Name -F1
      • The firmware version is1.0.0 .
      • Date and time of firmware -16 April2014, 16 hours 32 minutes .
        It is possible that you have a brick on your hands, and it is impossible to find out the required data in this way. Then we are guided by the data indicated on the sticker on the back or bottom of the device, download the firmware, which seems to us to be correct, and immediately go to step7

2. Knowing the model of the device, the version and date of the current firmware, you can downloadcorrect version of
    Just in case, save the firmware with a short path without spaces (for example, "C: \ Temp \ firmware_file_").

3. Before the firmware procedure, it is very desirable to make a backup and reset the settings:
    • "Management" ->"Save and Reload settings" ->"Save" button.
    • "Management" ->"Reset to default settings" ->save button
    It does not hurt to take screenshots of the settings or write them on paper.

4. Firmware via WEB-muzzle:
    Do NOT use Wi-Fi connection to upgrade firmware!
    • Connect the router to the computer with a network cable (patchcord) using the LAN port (the first one, for example).
    • Open the WEB face of the router in the browser (by default -http://192.168.1.1).
    • Go to the "Management" ->"Upgrade Firmware".
    • Click the "Browse" button, specify the path to the firmware file and click the "Open" button.
    • Just in case, check the firmware version and the path to the file again, then click the "Upload" button
    Features
    • If the current firmware, due to its peculiarities, does not allow updating the device through the WEB face, go to stepF.
    • The firmware update process takes about 2 minutes.
    • After a successful update, the router will automatically reboot.
    • Just in case, do a reset - press and hold the reset button (WPS / RST - located on the side or bottom of the router) for 10 seconds, and then release.
    • After resetting, the router will need about 1-2 minutes to run.
    • IN CASE OF FAILURE OF POWER SUPPLY, A WRONG FILE OF THE FIRMWARE OR FROM HARMFUL ROUTER MAY WRAP! In this case, go to step] 7

5. Using WEB-muzzle reconfigure the router from scratch to print screens, records or from memory if possible. You can try to restore saved in step.3 configuration file.
    This completes the firmware upgrade process; the next steps are not needed.

6. Rebuilding a brick or updating an "un-upgraded" firmware:
    Everything that you do according to the following, you do on your own initiative, at your own risk! There is no guarantee that you will not kill your device completely!

7. From myself I will add that I was flashing under Windows 10 x64, but in any it would be desirable:
    • Disable firewall and anti-virus (including Windows Defender), if any.
    • Unpack applicationFrmUpg.exe in a place with a short path without spaces.
    • Pre-downloaded firmware, which you thought was "correct", put next to the application.
    • Run the application in compatibility mode Windows XP, if you have a version of Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10.
    • Run the application as Administrator.

8. If all preparatory steps have been taken, then:
    • Turn off Wi-Fi
    • Connect the network cable (patchcord) from the computer to the port of the routerLAN1 or LAN2
    • Set the computer’s TCP / IP LAN adapter properties ("Network connection") to a static addressIP 192.168.1.100 (mask 255.255.255.0)

9. Run the applicationFrmUpg.exe and set the following parameters:
    • Router IP:192.168.1.6 - manually.
    • Specify the firmware file:
    • Click on the "..." button.
    • Specify the file type "*. *".
    • Select the firmware file with the extension "* .web".
    • Do not change the other parameters ("VoIP Module File" and "Password" - empty, "Port" - 69, "TimeOut" - 5).
      Attached Image

10. Power off the router
  11. Hold the router reset button (WPS / RST) and do not let go!
  12. Turn on the power of the router, wait about 10 seconds (the nature of the flashing LEDs of the router should change), and release the reset button.
  13. Click "Send " in the application FrmUpg.exe .
    If successful, the firmware will start, which can last about 10 minutes. Turning off the power at this time is most likely fatal.
    Attached Image

14. The firmware may end with an error message. This is not necessarily scary.
  15. Set the TCP / IP properties of the computer's LAN adapter ("Network Connection") to automatically obtain an IP address
  16. Reset the router - press and hold the reset button (WPS / RST) for 10 seconds, and then release
  17. Firmware complete
  18. Once again, all of the above in steps 6-17 can cause the router to wrinkle, everything you do - you do at your own peril and risk, and I am not responsible for any liability that you may incur as a result of using non-standard software.

There is no curator in the subject. For filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 13.06.19, 10:10
Reason for editing: Firmware upgrade utility v3.6.10

Rep: (61)
Redid the firmware from DIR-605L for our router
Attached fileDIR-605L_v2.10_h2jf.zip(3.01 MB)

Boot96E_32M.bin fromthis message
I'm sitting on this firmware for now

Post has been editedAirshark - 19.02.17, 10:01

Rep: (0)
It turns out that in older firmware up to 2.1.1 -backdoorso I had to update from the factory. By the way, who has already unearthed the telnet password?

Post has been editedloki8 - 19.02.17, 23:00

* loki8, there is a simple password 123456

Rep: (0)
Thank. What did openWrt not like? Does it work without glitches?

OpenWRT just decided to test the firmware from DIR how it will behave

Rep: (25)
Hello everyone, please be so kind as to tell me which version of the firmware is the most stable, the Internet periodically crashes, of course, it’s not a fact that a media converter or a TV set-top box may be buggy with a router. but still from personal experience, please tell me ???

Rep: (37)
* r0ma4ka1111,
I'm sitting on 2.2.0 from the header, but it is not Russified

Rep: (67)
R0ma4ka1111 @ 02.21.17, 08:08*
please tell me?

I sat on 2.1.3 from the purchase for three months, I did not observe any problems. I darned 2.1.6 for fun, the second week of equally stable work. Most likely the matter is not in the “bobbin”, you need to test the connection directly from the computer and the application to the provider if problems are detected.

FelixAndersen @ 02.21.17, 13:16*
it's not a "bobbin" you need to test the connection from the computer directly and the application to the provider if problems are detected.

I also think that 2.1.6 was installed, it worked and there were no connection problems, (I used it only via wifi), but then I bought an adndroid tv. the prefix connected it via LAN and crashes when watching movies, at first it sinned on powerline but after tests on the line to the router, the picture did not change (.... I’ll figure it out now, I asked for 2.2, we will look .. the truth after the “Muzzle” firmware is crooked but I think it is necessary to reset to factory and re-flash on a new one .. And so the router for its money is more than successful.: D

Rep: (67)
R0ma4ka1111 @ 02.21.17, 12:42*
connected it via LAN

The comp on the LAN was initially connected, I did not notice any failures. There is an option to enable and read the logs. My sends them to the home sideboard, but how can I implement this under Windows?

Rep: (176)
good night everyone) did I understand correctly that by switching to openWRT, you can make friends a router with tor so that the traffic can be driven right away?

* squezzz, if there is enough space to install add-ons

Rep: (7)
AirShark @ 02.17.17, 11:11 PM*
Memory dump with firmware 2.2 full_V2.2.0.zip (1.02 MB)

I welcome
after unpacking the zip, the file weighs 32mb.

I need a complete dump of a flash drive (4mb) of the totolink n300rt router
with any firmware version inside

lay out pzhlst who has

AirShark, you can also have a full dump with OpenWRT inside (you can merge it via ssh)

* Dannyko, actually a 32MB flash drive inside, it's 4MB RAM
or you can use HexEdit to cut off the first 4096 bytes from the dump

Post has been editedAirshark - 01.03.17, 19:01

AirShark, flash volume is less than RAM.

in the header there is a reference to reviews, for example, tohttps://3dnews.ru/908039
"The router is based on a combination of Realtek RTL8196E and RTL8192ER - this is a popular and inexpensive solution. The RAM is 32 MB, but the flash is only 4 MB."

in the header there are links to firmware files, which are all about 4mb in size, which should also suggest the size of the flash)

herehttps: //wiki.openwrt.o...ox/toh/totolink_n300rtBy the way, the sizes of the flash and RAM are incorrectly indicated. Just look at the chip designation: MX25L flash32 06E has a capacity of 32Mbits (i.e. 4MB), and a Winbound W9825G6KH RAM chip with a capacity of 256Mbits (i.e. 32MB)

Post has been editedDannyko - 01.03.17, 18:27

* Dannyko, Yes, I messed up something with dimensions.
Dump retaked and reloaded.

Post has been editedAirshark - 01.03.17, 18:55

AirShark, zip file size 3194305 bytes
should be 3194304

It seems to cut from the 32mb file
There are doubts about this file.

Is OpenWRT on your router now or is it firmware from dir-605?
if dir-605 (telnet probably is) try to remove mtd-blocks:
D-Link DIR-300 - Discussion (Post by _Danila_Master_ # 39288665)

* Dannyko, I pulled through arduino since programmer, no. This is most likely why such a file size. Telnet did not turn on when assembling firmware for DIR-605L

If you just need to restore the router, fill in the boot file with the programmerAttached fileboot.zip(19.95 KB)

and through TFTP, fill in the firmware and do more and more what you don’t need

Even if one byte is superfluous in the file, you can delete the last byte with the same HexEdit, it is still clogged with the FF value like the whole end of the file.

Post has been editedAirshark - 02.03.17, 18:17

Hello people, tell me how to configure iptv on 2.2.3 on 2.2. And on 2.1.6. No settings, we all work. but 2.2 ping is better)

Rep: (34)
Can someone say something about the TOTOLINK ND300 on ADSL? It's just that there is zero information in the internet, only of.site and goods on aliexpress. What kind of beast?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 9:54 PM