Rep: (5)
Totolink N300RT - Discussion
Attached Image

Reviews:
Documentation:
Firmware:
Utilities
Instructions on firmware:
Instructions for firmware Totolink N300RT(andRhandF1) (translation from forum.anphat.vn)
  1. Firmware via WEB-muzzle
    • Determine the model of the device, the version and date of the current firmware:
    • ATWeb muzzledevice go to the "Management" ->"Upgrade Firmware".
    • The “Firmware Version” field will show the name of the current firmware.
      Attached Image

• The example above shows that the name of the firmware:TOTOLINK-F1-v1.0.0-B20140416 . 1632
      Decryption
      • Model Name -F1
      • The firmware version is1.0.0 .
      • Date and time of firmware -16 April2014, 16 hours 32 minutes .
        It is possible that you have a brick on your hands, and it is impossible to find out the required data in this way. Then we are guided by the data indicated on the sticker on the back or bottom of the device, download the firmware, which seems to us to be correct, and immediately go to step7

2. Knowing the model of the device, the version and date of the current firmware, you can downloadcorrect version of
    Just in case, save the firmware with a short path without spaces (for example, "C: \ Temp \ firmware_file_").

3. Before the firmware procedure, it is very desirable to make a backup and reset the settings:
    • "Management" ->"Save and Reload settings" ->"Save" button.
    • "Management" ->"Reset to default settings" ->save button
    It does not hurt to take screenshots of the settings or write them on paper.

4. Firmware via WEB-muzzle:
    Do NOT use Wi-Fi connection to upgrade firmware!
    • Connect the router to the computer with a network cable (patchcord) using the LAN port (the first one, for example).
    • Open the WEB face of the router in the browser (by default -http://192.168.1.1).
    • Go to the "Management" ->"Upgrade Firmware".
    • Click the "Browse" button, specify the path to the firmware file and click the "Open" button.
    • Just in case, check the firmware version and the path to the file again, then click the "Upload" button
    Features
    • If the current firmware, due to its peculiarities, does not allow updating the device through the WEB face, go to stepF.
    • The firmware update process takes about 2 minutes.
    • After a successful update, the router will automatically reboot.
    • Just in case, do a reset - press and hold the reset button (WPS / RST - located on the side or bottom of the router) for 10 seconds, and then release.
    • After resetting, the router will need about 1-2 minutes to run.
    • IN CASE OF FAILURE OF POWER SUPPLY, A WRONG FILE OF THE FIRMWARE OR FROM HARMFUL ROUTER MAY WRAP! In this case, go to step] 7

5. Using WEB-muzzle reconfigure the router from scratch to print screens, records or from memory if possible. You can try to restore saved in step.3 configuration file.
    This completes the firmware upgrade process; the next steps are not needed.

6. Rebuilding a brick or updating an "un-upgraded" firmware:
    Everything that you do according to the following, you do on your own initiative, at your own risk! There is no guarantee that you will not kill your device completely!

7. From myself I will add that I was flashing under Windows 10 x64, but in any it would be desirable:
    • Disable firewall and anti-virus (including Windows Defender), if any.
    • Unpack applicationFrmUpg.exe in a place with a short path without spaces.
    • Pre-downloaded firmware, which you thought was "correct", put next to the application.
    • Run the application in compatibility mode Windows XP, if you have a version of Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10.
    • Run the application as Administrator.

8. If all preparatory steps have been taken, then:
    • Turn off Wi-Fi
    • Connect the network cable (patchcord) from the computer to the port of the routerLAN1 or LAN2
    • Set the computer’s TCP / IP LAN adapter properties ("Network connection") to a static addressIP 192.168.1.100 (mask 255.255.255.0)

9. Run the applicationFrmUpg.exe and set the following parameters:
    • Router IP:192.168.1.6 - manually.
    • Specify the firmware file:
    • Click on the "..." button.
    • Specify the file type "*. *".
    • Select the firmware file with the extension "* .web".
    • Do not change the other parameters ("VoIP Module File" and "Password" - empty, "Port" - 69, "TimeOut" - 5).
      Attached Image

10. Power off the router
  11. Hold the router reset button (WPS / RST) and do not let go!
  12. Turn on the power of the router, wait about 10 seconds (the nature of the flashing LEDs of the router should change), and release the reset button.
  13. Click "Send " in the application FrmUpg.exe .
    If successful, the firmware will start, which can last about 10 minutes. Turning off the power at this time is most likely fatal.
    Attached Image

14. The firmware may end with an error message. This is not necessarily scary.
  15. Set the TCP / IP properties of the computer's LAN adapter ("Network Connection") to automatically obtain an IP address
  16. Reset the router - press and hold the reset button (WPS / RST) for 10 seconds, and then release
  17. Firmware complete
  18. Once again, all of the above in steps 6-17 can cause the router to wrinkle, everything you do - you do at your own peril and risk, and I am not responsible for any liability that you may incur as a result of using non-standard software.

There is no curator in the subject. For filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 13.06.19, 10:10
Reason for editing: Firmware upgrade utility v3.6.10

Rep: (0)
How did this router get me, eternal dumps and drawdowns on the Internet, Internet from Kyivstar stable 92-98 mv / s without a router. I’ll try to upgrade to the latest firmware V3.4.0-B20190315, although it doesn’t seem to help me, the router itself must be on. and off every day, or he does not tolerate Kyivstar)))

Rep: (48)
* nik.kel,

Maybe just an unsuccessful instance or a problem with the provider.
Over the years of using the router, there have never been problems, even wi-fi has always worked stably)

Post has been editediRudeBoy - 04.04.19, 18:33

It was updated on the latest firmware V3.4.0-B20190315, there were no problems, it was reset to the factory before and after the update via the button. The settings are all by default, except the cloned MAC address, the daw to enable uPNP and configured the WiFi password - I'll see how long it lasts)))

Post has been editednik.kel - 04.04.19, 21:58

Rep: (10)
Totolinki is still a leaky bucket ... a mitt ...https://3dnews.ru/985377

Post has been editedSAN_CHA - 06.04.19, 02:45

My torment ended: girl_cray:, through my Kyivstar I ordered a router service for 300 UAH, the next day the operator called back and before dinner came “dude” and installed the new TL-WR850N (January 2019 release), 6 devices via WiFi and cable computer-normal flight: rofl: and Totolink N300RT in the trash.

Post has been editednik.kel - 06.04.19, 12:29

Guys, please throw a working link to FirmwareUpgradeTool.zip, it does not work in the header.

Rep: (10)
FPG18 @ 04/12/19, 1:39*
Guys, please throw a working link to FirmwareUpgradeTool.zip, it does not work in the header.

The native for some reason does not work correctly and sometimes does not work at all. Try it like this:
Totolink N300RT - Discussion (Post by SAN_CHA # 81477118)

Post has been editedSAN_CHA - 13.04.19, 08:41

SAN_CHA @ 04/13/19, 17:38*
The native for some reason does not work correctly and sometimes does not work at all. Try it like this:
Totolink N300RT - Discussion (Post by SAN_CHA # 81477118)

Thank you, if anyone needs to keep a link toTFTP32 and tftp64.

Rep: (232)
I did not understand why you can not update on wifi?

Rep: (7)
Totolink Beta Test - Firmware

IRudeBoy @ 04/04/19, 20:33*
Maybe just an unsuccessful instance or a problem with the provider.
Over the years of using the router, there have never been problems, even wi-fi has always worked stably)

I wrote this recently, and now significant problems have gone:

After upgrading to V3.4.0 (did a reset before and after upgrade), re-entered the data, as always did on all firmware.
I must say right away that we have many devices connected to the network at home, this could also provoke instability in the new firmware.

Here are the problems:
1) At first I did not pay attention to Steam (I rarely use it recently), but for the last 2 weeks it has been terribly logged in when the program started, probably 3 minutes, I was tormented by waiting, then for another 1 minute after launch I could not open pages inside the Steam, there were errors - the page is unavailable, check the connection, it still coincided with when they wrote about Steam in the news, supposedly it didn’t work in the world for 1-2 days, then I thought that it had something to do with it, I didn’t even I thought. (the problem continued exactly until today)

2) I have 2 monitors, one often has 2 browsers open, one for monitoring, the other for YouTube, and the other monitor just has a browser for surfing.
So, with YouTube working, all other open tabs in other browsers began to load information longer than usual. (and it's not about PC, powerful)

3) In online games, ping has become higher, there are strange jerks. (as if the working Internet on other devices at home causes such problems, it did not exist before)

4) And the last thing, after which I realized that all the problems are due to the firmware. When downloading a large torrent with a tariff of 100 Mbps (usually 11.2 MB per second), if you try to use the browser at this moment from the same PC, it does not respond, no pages open, only the torrent works at max. speeds, moreover, all other devices by file fail to load information, everyone just has to wait for data .. as if they made problems with the ports in the firmware, as soon as I made a speed limit for torrent up to 5 MB per second, only then all other browsers and devices begin to move, and then, listlessly. At the same time, previous firmware worked stably in this regard, even if the torrent downloaded at full speed, then all other browsers and devices could still work on the Internet, in such cases the flow of information to the torrent was slightly weakened so that other devices had enough traffic, the firmware was able to somehow balance the distribution of traffic to all devices, but V3.4.0 does not know how.

In short, I rolled back the firmware to the previous V3.2.4 and there are no more problems! I don’t even know how they could allow such a damp firmware, of course, the option is not ruled out that our provider did not work well with that version of the firmware, but this is unlikely. (or as noted above, due to the many devices on the network) If you notice similar problems, roll back. New - does not mean better, now I will carefully check all updates.

Post has been editediRudeBoy - 23.04.19, 18:47

Rep: (2)
* iRudeBoy,

With version 3.4.0, there are already several dozen routers in the grid. No complaints.

Posted on 04/25/2019, 00:36:

* iRudeBoy,

Do not confuse Mbit (MB) and MB (MB).
You write "When downloading a large torrent with a tariff of 100 Mbps (usually 11.2 MB per second)" Judging by the notation, everything corresponds to the tariff plan :) Of course, the bandwidth was full of aggressive traffic, where is the rest. Limit in the torrent client the strip for suction and return!

Post has been edited2MEX2 - 25.04.19, 00:41

Oh, I'll start immodestly: I'm an experienced programmer. :) more experienced than many (not all) in this forum, and you certainly. (judging by your answers)

2MEX2 @ 04.25.19, 02:34*
Do not confuseMbps (MB) and MBytes (MB).

Above i'm allrightpainted: 100 Mbps (MBIT) and 11.2 MB (MB) where is it wrong? Themselvesconfuse): rofl:

Judging by the signs, everything corresponds to the tariff plan

Question in a million - and where did I write that the speed dropped? It corresponds to the tariff, everything is correct, some Nubian statements went on left-wing topics from the category of housewives. :-D
There is a feeling that you are an employee of Totolink and are trying to cover the router / new raw, buggy firmware.
If so, then tell your employees to fix UPnP, the firmware is not bad, but it has bugs with ports.

Of course, the band was full of aggressive traffic, where the rest is. Limit in the torrent client the strip for suction and return!

Well, again, the above clearly indicated that on the V3.4.0 firmware other devices do not receive any data at all if the torrent downloads to max. speedall past firmware, including V3.2.4 can balance traffic by reducing the flow of information to a port (which has a torrent on the max with “aggressive traffic”), if other ports request data and provide them with separate streams, they can balance the flow of data to ports, i.e. manually limit speed in torrent over the yearsnever had to, he always downloaded on max and all devices worked on the network. Or now what, for the sake of the new V3.4.0 will have to limit the traffic in the torrent manually? No, it’s better to put the past stable, which I actually did, download on max and all the devices on the network work fine, the firmware can dynamically distribute traffic between the devices when necessary, the thread for the CAM torrent is reduced if other devices load something. : rolleyes:

If personally V3.4.0 works fine for you, then it’s good, but it is unstable for us. o.O She does not know how to dynamically distribute traffic, we have a lot of LAN devices (and computers and laptops), some are connected via ext. splitter-router, as there is not enough wiring, all other devices via wi-fi, and so, if you explain in noob: If you download in torrent on max with the new firmware V3.4.0, then all other devices are WAITING, can not open a single page on the Internet, whereas with With firmware V3.2.4 (and earlier) you can download torrent on max and all devices will work, they will load pages and any other data, the flow of information to the torrent itself will dynamically decrease, you do not need to manually limit it. (I hope I clearly explained): thank_you:

Post has been editediRudeBoy - 26.04.19, 20:22

Rep: (247)
I don’t know what you got there with traffic clogged from µTorrent.
I specifically turned on watching TV in HD on the tablet and smart with full speed loading and not a single lag.
Speed ​​is shared as it should with all devices. The browser on your computer also does not freeze at all.
Cent Browser 3.9.2.45
TOTOLINK-N300RT-V3.4.0-B20190315.1747
ВµTorrent_3.5.5.45095.Stable
Attached Image

Post has been editedjdx590 - 27.04.19, 21:11

Rep: (20)
* iRudeBoy, on 3.2.4 there were no such glitches with a torrent, 4 smarts are hanging on the router, 2 computers + 1 main computer through a wire
tariff 90

Zuko128 @ 04/28/19, 12:27*
on 3.2.4 there were no such glitches with a torrent, 4 smarts are hanging on the router, 2 computers + 1 main computer through a wire
tariff 90

On 3.2.4, everything is always fine (I’m on it now), we are talking about V3.4.0

Posted on 04/28/2019, 23:00:

* jdx590

Is UPnP enabled in the router settings? If the settings were reset, then it is usually disabled, turn it on and check.

Post has been editediRudeBoy - 28.04.19, 23:06

Rep: (247)
IRudeBoy @ 04/28/19, 11:58 p.m.*
Is UPnP enabled in the router settings? If the settings were reset, then it is usually disabled, turn it on and check.

I always have this:
Attached Image

* jdx590

And there are no problems like ours? It’s strange, I recently reinstalled V3.4.0 recently and it’s all the same, I put the download in the torrent, it’s full speed and everything, the pages do not open in the browser, I try through the smartphone - the same thing, the data is constantly waiting, only the torrent is at max ... maybe it’s in our periphery, I said above that one cord from the router is connected to an additional splitter-router. (since the router does not have enough ports for all computers) Apparently, a conflict occurs between the devices, but on 3.2.4 everything is in order ..

Post has been editediRudeBoy - 29.04.19, 04:13

Rep: (2)
IRudeBoy @ 04/26/19, 03:18*
Above, I painted everything correctly: 100 Mbps (MB) and 11.2 MB (MB) where is it wrong? You confuse yourself)

If you noticed, the text was written in quotation marks, i.e. these are the words and spelling of the author. For my part, I am not confusing anything. And then such attentive "super programmers" write "super" software :)))

Post has been edited2MEX2 - 29.04.19, 16:30

2MEX2 @ 04.29.19, 18:22*
If you noticed, the text was written in quotation marks, i.e. these are the words and spelling of the author. For my part, I am not confusing anything. And then such attentive "super programmers" write "super" software :)))

In quotation marks I indicated the speed according to the tariff in Mbps and MB, which is fully consistent, there was no talk of speed reduction anywhere, I just indicated my speed.
You are simply inattentive and that’s it, you don’t need excuses now, but for attentive programmers the software always works like a Swiss watch.

Post has been editediRudeBoy - 02.05.19, 11:43

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/14/19, 16:21