Comfast CF-WR302S | Wi-Fi extender (repeater)

Rep: (7)
Comfast CF-WR302S - Discussion
Attached Image

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Equipment
Attached Image

Specification
Attached Image

Purchase
Useful
Full reset or HARD RESET
Hold the RESET button until the lights blink. If it does not help, the same thing, but with the twisted pair disconnected. You can also try to pull out for 1-2 minutes from the network before resetting.
Working firmware
Post # 214 Important! In order to avoid problems, it is recommended to flash through the cable and not through the air.

Firmware
Device firmware via cable
Setting up the device as a repeater / repeater

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 04.01.19, 16:18
Reason for editing: Configuring the device as a repeater / repeater

I ordered this device on Aliexpress.
The description says that it works as a repeater. I understand that in this case the radius of the existing WiFi network should increase.
This device creates its own WiFi network with its own IP address. Accordingly, devices in the home network are shared. For example, if you connect a TV box to the device, then access to the home media server will not be possible.
Or didn’t I understand the settings?
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedartem1701 - 03.11.16, 21:15
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

Rep: (0)
Tzuiop @ 11/03/2016, 12:55*
Or didn’t I understand the settings?

Try changing the TCP / IP settings in the repeater. DHCP disable! ;)

Post has been editedkid96 - 03.11.16, 18:15

kid96 @ 11/03/2016, 18:14*
Try changing the TCP / IP settings in the repeater. DHCP disable!

I tried.
Assigned a static address issued by my router, after that the device generally ceases to be detected i.e. Do not go into the settings anymore.
In the WiFi settings, I manually entered the attributes of my home network - the same did not work.
What COMFAST has in the settings I put in the header in the PHOTO.
The TCP / IP Status and Settings page looks like this:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Maybe that from this page "Advanced" will help?
Attached Image

Post has been editedTzuiop - 04.11.16, 08:29

Rep: (27)
Tzuiop @ 11/03/2016, 11:52*
This device creates its own WiFi network with its own IP address.

The "repeater" mode of operation involves the distribution of addresses from a donor router. Another name for the wifi network (SSID and password) in this case only serves to determine which device the device is currently connected to (a repeater or a donor router).

Whenever you need to start a media server on a network, you must adhere to the rule, all devices are on the same subnet.

AndreyP68 @ 11/04/2016, 10:28*
Whenever you need to start a media server on a network, you must adhere to the rule, all devices are on the same subnet.

So this is understandable :) It is not clear whether this can be done by a specific device.
Here I have for example an asus 330n3g router. So everything is clear and understandable.
You select the REPEATER mode, connect to the Internet at the far end of the yard (to your own network), take the necessary files from the server.
Or somewhere in a Turkish hotel, turn on the HOTSPOT mode, cling to the local WiFi network and distribute yours already.
So this COMFAST does only the second. And why should I hook my own network at home and create another?

Rep: (27)
Tzuiop @ 11/04/2016, 14:17*
And why should I hook my own network at home and create another?

Maybe this is also useful to someone. If you do not need this, you can disable dhcp from its internal and use the donor router in the dhcp network.

AndreyP68 @ 11/05/2016, 07:45*
Maybe this is also useful to someone. If you do not need this, you can disable dhcp from its internal and use the donor router in the dhcp network.

Had tried. see picture post 3 and text post 4. Instead of server, you can select disabled, but this does not work.

Rep: (11)
How are the impressions of the device as a whole? Is it hot too much?
But I decided to order on Ali. 11.11 the stock is sold, it is promised at $ 13.8 with delivery. : rolleyes:
Is there any firmware for every fireman? Sent some sent. CF-WR302S_V2.0.0.1.bin, but how realistic is it for this device ....

Andy212 @ 11/09/2016, 11:54*
The TCP / IP Status and Settings page looks like this:

in your case, there should be a choice in the DHCP item - something like Relay, which would mean disabling the built-in DHCP server in your Comfast and using your main router's DHCP instead. Those. Comfast will be just an intermediate link between your main router and end devices.

Post has been editedAndy212 - 09.11.16, 19:22

Andy212 @ 11/09/2016, 12:54*
How are the impressions of the device as a whole? Is it hot too much?
But I decided to order on Ali. 11.11 the stock is sold, it is promised at $ 13.8 with delivery. : rolleyes:
Is there any firmware for every fireman? Sent some sent. CF-WR302S_V2.0.0.1.bin, but how realistic is it for this device ....

I apologize that I answer late, I was on the road at night.
- practically does not heat up
- really like the signal strength
- quickly gets into work
If it weren’t for a problem that I can’t solve, I would put 5+
Perhaps the firmware would solve the problem.
But where can I get the CF-WR302S_V2.0.0.1.bin file and what is the device firmware order? I'm not special.

so in the "DHCP" settings item, in the drop-down list - besides "Server" what else is there?

About firmware, it’s possible through the web-interface of the router, if not, it will be necessary to google. and what is your version?

Attached files

Attached fileCF-WR302S_V2.0.0.1.bin.zip(1.35 MB)

Post has been editedAndy212 - 13.11.16, 12:23

Andy212 @ 11/13/2016, 12:21*
so in the "DHCP" settings item, in the drop-down list - besides "Server" what else is there?

Only "server" and "disabled".
Sorry I forgot the device in the country. Can really reflash.
I liked how it works in the country. I have a router in the attic (actually on the 3rd floor) and there is not enough WiFi on the 1st floor.
And then I plugged into the first outlet that came across and the entire 1st floor flooded 100% with a signal.
One enrages that the name of the network is NOT MY !!! And the access code is the same: D

Tzuiop @ 11/13/2016, 16:22*
One enrages that the name of the network is NOT MY !!!

What, and the SSID does not change in the settings?

If I enter the name of my network, then 2 networks with the same name and different ip appear.
If I enter ip manually and disable dhcp then access to the device disappears.
Here I send pictures to the Chinese and try to get from him how to do this?
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (59)
I also ordered one for myself, I don’t have any Wi-Fi prefix on the TV, I want to send wifi-ethernet internet through this, it is impossible to extend the wire, and it is desirable to amplify the signal.

Picco @ 11/14/2016, 17:09*
I also ordered one for myself, I don’t have any Wi-Fi prefix on the TV, I want to send wifi-ethernet internet through this, it is impossible to extend the wire, and it is desirable to amplify the signal.

So initially I took it for these purposes, under the TV Box Mini M8S II which has the same problems.
I got the Internet and excellent speed and signal amplification is excellent, but here is the problem with NETWORK ACCESS TO OTHER DEVICES IN THE HOME NETWORK. For example, to a home media server.

Rep: (59)
I’ll get a check, the media server I have is a phone and a laptop.

Picco @ 11/15/2016, 11:16*
I’ll get a check, the media server I have is a phone and a laptop.

That there would only be a connection between all devices.
And those who are directly through the router and those who are through the repeater, as in the picture:
Attached Image

Post has been editedTzuiop - 15.11.16, 16:34

Rep: (1)
I chose this beauty on Ali, as compensation from the seller for the repair of a defective tablet, - (I had) a router was not available. I try to configure the access point by connecting it with a cable to the PC to distribute the intertelecom (modem). For some reason, when setting up the AP, after waiting for the application, you can not go back to the settings and again through the s / w address to get into the settings too. I have to do a factory reset, and also somehow it works once in a while. Previously, I did not deal with the settings of the routers, I managed it, but now I need it, and either I'm dull, or comfast. Once for a minute, I managed to connect the tablet and while I also tried to log in with a laptop, everything fell off. Tell me, please, who knows.

Dimension74 @ 11.19.2016, 02:38*
I'm trying to configure the access point,connecting it with a cable to the pcto distribute intertelecom (modem). For some reason, when setting up the AP, after waiting for the application, you can not go back to the settings and again through the s / w address to get into the settings too.

I just checked my own, no problems were found. Connected with a cable from another router, everything works.
You are confused by the phrase "connecting it with a cable to the PC." Why not to the modem? Do I understand correctly that your computer has 2 network cards? One and no comes through another do you want to give?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/08/19, 11:11 PM