> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Tolino Shine [Android] | [6 "] [E-Ink Pearl HD] [1024 x 758] [Backlight]

Rep: (1)
Tolino shine

Attached Image

Device Description: E-book from German manufacturers - analogue of Kobo Glo
Specifications
Operating system: Android
Screen Type: E-Ink Р erl HD
Screen size, inches: 6"
Screen resolution: 1024 x 758
Touch screen: Yes
Built-in lights: there is
Supported text formats: EPUB, PDF, TXT
Audio support: Not
RAM, mb .: 256
Built-in memory, mb .: 4000
Memory Card Support: Yes
Bluetooth support: Not
Wi-Fi support: Yes
Text-to-Speech support: Not
Battery capacity, mAh: 1500
Sizes, mm (Sh x V x T): 116 x 175 x 9.1
Weight, gr .: 183
Products webpage: http://www.mytolino.de/

Original backup imageTolino Shine [Android] (Post RUPARADOX # 67782554)
Modified firmwareTolino Shine [Android] (Post ser100 # 65078719)
Modified image based on 10.X.X firmwareMessage в„–225 by barabashka
firmware
Disassembly instructions
Model front cover for 3D printer

Post has been editedgabby - 26.02.19, 01:27
Reason for editing: firmware

Rep: (3922)
ZhiRom @ 11/01/2016, 3:44 PM*
Alternative Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

Not an alternative at all.
This is an alternative.Kobo glo(iron is almost the same, Android with Tolino is placed on Kobo).

Not an alternative at all.
OK, I will clarify.

Information is required on the possibility of Russification, getting root-rights and other possible improvements to this device.

Post has been editedZhiRom - 01.11.16, 15:56

* ZhiRom ,
And what to clarify something: rolleyes:, completely different reading rooms.
Russification is unlikely.
About the root, dig mobile-read.

And what to clarify something completely different reading room.
I meant change in the cap. :)
Russification is unlikely.
Well, what if there are craftsmen.
About the root, dig mobile-read.
And this is what they eat and where to look? : D
P.s. In the sense of mobileread forum ???

Post has been editedZhiRom - 01.11.16, 16:17

* ZhiRom,
In!First linkin Google;), he's one-book: rolleyes:.

Post has been editedvadeus - 01.11.16, 16:51

Talked toWait for it who has experience with Tolino Shine, and it turned out that the process of its optimization is really similar to that of Kobo glo . For installation, he recommended me modified android from Marek Gibek, plus provided several files adapted by him.
Many thanks to him for all this. (I ask moderators to put him a "+" in my turnips.)

P.s. After trying out all this, I will write about the result of my experiments.

Post has been editedZhiRom - 03.11.16, 09:31

Rep: (0)
I will join the topic. This device came, bought for 3300 rubles 11/11/2016 on Ali. We even have a used one. backlit expensive. That's just it does not read fb2, and I have the entire library of 80 GB in this format. So I want to ask how to insert a cool reader or fb2 Reader onto it. There are no normal instructions in Russian, but in German I do not speak shred. Who has not been an easy way to install a normal reader, droid, etc. write for the kettle manual, please.

Posted 12/19/2016 18:19:

* ZhiRom, waiting for the formal reply on the result of experiments

Post has been editedalegolo - 19.12.16, 18:20
Reason for editing: Grammar errors

The entire library is 80 GB in this format.

FreeLib - and the most interesting books in the epub and in the book, hundreds of books for 2-3 years is enough;).

As an option you can of course, but I would like to flash the device once, than to change the format each time, besides, a hundred books are few, out of this hundreds of normal ones that I want to read will be 15-20, for me it is not enough

Rep: (28)
how to plug in a cool reader or fb2 Reader

http://allesebook.de/f...nkl-google-play-32350/

I already wrote that I didn’t do the firmware until now, I don’t sponge in German, and Google translates so that I don’t understand anything. The firmware version on the book is 1.9. As I understand it, there is a description about version 1.1 and 1.2 and I need a memory card, I didn’t understand anything else, so I ask experienced ones to share it. In addition, there is not a single descriptive description in Russian about the firmware of this particular book, so I hope that someone acts as a pioneer. And since the device is very good for that kind of money, the plastic is pleasant to the touch, the page turns quickly. While I converted 98 books and uploaded to the downloads folder, with this firmware she recognizes them and throws them into the library. True, how to systematize them, so I figured it out so far.

firmware 1.9 has English

Good day!
Someone was able to put the Russian interface by analogy with Kobo?

Rep: (24)
Guys, got a book. Came with firmware 1.8.0. Is it possible to update the firmware by air? When you try to write you need to log into the account, which one?

Rep: (28)
Rockchip @ 04.02.17, 07:33*
writes you need to log into the account which

Try to register on this site.http://www.ebook.de/and log in with their account.

Post has been editedNiklz - 04.02.17, 22:23

Rep: (25)
Got this device with firmware 1.9, someone put other firmware? I did not find anything except the German forum, but it is not clear there. The reader needs a child in school to not carry books, but basic pdf is slowing him down ... I would like to try third-party programs.

Rep: (612)
* roha999, to school luchle privet

Yes, better, there is a tablet too, but they are not allowed to use by children ...

Rep: (612)
* roha999, However. Reader is a bad way out. This issue has already been discussed here; stopitsot millions of times, look in the section Selection and comparison (redirect)
There are several reasons. for me the main ones were:
1. There are practically no textbooks in the "book" formats (well, or an adapted pdf). it is very inconvenient to work with scans of books on readers - slowly, finely ... and the quality of scans is not always acceptable.
2. screens are fragile, and replacing them is not the cheapest thing to do. And not the fastest, if you do not keep at home some kind of stock. and this is a school and these are children - they dropped the satchel, dropped it from the table, sat on the satchel ....

I myself went through this choice. I even translated two textbooks into a normal form so that you could somehow work with them in class. after that I bought a tablet. just try it yourself, for example, to simulate a lesson, this is all - open the tutorial on the page ... consider the task в„–XXX ... and now open on the page ... go to paragraph ....

evona how ... do not allow ... and how to argue?

Post has been editedStopkin - 21.02.17, 10:43

Stopkin @ 02.21.2017, 09:02*

All the books in pdf are there, they slowly open up on the tolino, so I thought maybe custom readers would solve the problem. They just make games there, etc. and banned

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 12.08.19, 19:52