Dell Vostro 15 5568 - Discussion | [noteWindows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Core i5 (7200U) 2.5GHz | 8GB | Light

Rep: (42)
Dell Vostro 15 5568 - Discussion

Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows UWP Discussion пїЅ | Intel Cherry Trail Gaming Discussion пїЅ | Android | Remix OS | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Display: 15.6-inch display with HD (1366 x 768) / Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution with LED backlight and anti-reflective coating
CPU: IntelВ® 7th Gen IntelВ® Core в„ў i3 7100U (2.4 GHz / Cache - 3 MB) / IntelВ® 7th Gen IntelВ® Core в„ў i5 7200U (2.5 GHz / Cache - 3 MB)
Operating system: Windows 10 Home
RAM: 4/8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (expandable up to 32 GB) 2 slots
HDD: 500/1000 GB hard drive - SATA-III (5400/7200 rpm) + has a free M.2 connector for solid-state drives [attachment = "10179425: laptop-vostro-15-5000-pol-mag-pdp_EMEA-06. jpg "]
Video card: IntelВ® HD Graphics 620 + NVIDIAВ® GeForce 940MX with 2/4 GB GDDR5 Video Memory
Ports:
- 1 VGA connector
- 1 HDMI output connector
- 45 RJ connector, power
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- 1 USB 3.0 port with PowerShare technology
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 1 SD card reader
Drive unit: Not
Colour: gold matt metallic gray matt metallic midnight blue
Dimensions: Height: 19.2 mm (0.76 in) x Width: 380 mm (14.96 in) x Depth: 252.5 mm (9.94 in)
Weight: 1.98 kg (4.37 lbs)
Battery: Li-Ion 4400 mAh (up to 10.5 hours)
Mini FAQ
1. How to disable the touchpad on a laptop, if the button to disable / enable the touchpad is missing ?
In Windows 10, click Start - Settings - Devices - Mouse and Touchpad - Touchpad: OFF
Right-click on the power icon in the taskbar (next to the clock) - Windows Mobility Center - Turn off the touch pad.

2. Does dual channel memory support ?
Yes

3. Does the laptop support SSD M.2 NVMe ?
Not yet. This model Dell Vostro 5568 in fact supports drives M.2 SSD only through the interface SATA-III (not to be confused with the HDD, herea photohow they differ), although the official site also claims support for M.2 SSD NVMe (PCI-e), one can only hope that someday this will be corrected in the new BIOS. Who has earned - please unsubscribe here.

4. Where is the Pause / Break key ?
Not on the laptop, but there are solutions:hereandhere

5. How to disable only the display ?
There is no such key on the laptop, but I accidentally found a hidden combination to go to sleep mode Fn + Insert - I consider this combination to be useless, because on the key there is a power button. The idea arose to reassign this key to turn off the display:
In the start-up or in the search, type "Changing the power management scheme" or "Power supply" - Action when closing the lid - When you press the battery and mains sleep button: "Sleep" to "Disable display" and save the changes.

6. Is it possible to replace the matrix from TN with IPS? How to find the right one ?
You can only with the same eDP interface (30 pin narrow connector). How to findherefrom uv usere11110111110 .
Compatible IPS FHD Matrices (1920x1080):LTN156HL01, LP156WF6-SPA1, B156HAN01.2, NV156FHM-N42 (1), NV156FHM-N43, B156HAN04.4
Compatible IPS HD Matrices:LP156WHA-SPA2

7. How to enter the BIOS ?
When you turn on the laptop, press F2

8. How to enter the Boot Menu ?
When turned on, press F12

Drivers, instructions
Reviews
Useful

Post has been editedzayats3 - 25.07.18, 19:38
Reason for editing: New cap edited by aleksgrayvoron

Rep: (523)
Attached Image

Rep: (9)
Well, and the memory in the dual-channel mode will work if you put 2 identical slats? Is it worth bothering with this: put another 16GB (8GB + 16GB) or put two identical 16GB?

* colt2,
Memory can work in dual channel mode even with different slats. I have 2 + 4 GB on my Latitude E6420. But if there are 2 identical ones, it is better to put them.

Rep: (6)
Do not believe about support for NVMe (aka PCI-e x4). In my post I mentioned above about correspondence with DELL support. Nonsense and there are. I had a bitter experience with the Samsung 950 PRO NVMe. What they just did not advise me. As a result, I asked them for a proof-list of supported NVMe devices - only then did they politely apologize, they say they were misleading, on models 5468 and 5568 the connector is soldered only for SATA. I advised them in a letter to remove the mention of NVMe support in the specifications so as not to be misleading. To which they politely answered me that they won’t change anything, as the CONNECT allows you to install NVMe format SSD disks. This American logic has been causing nausea in recent times.

Rep: (0)
I ordered the matrix for 3,990 rubles, now you can buy it for 3,670 rubles. Plus three weeks of waiting, but I think it can be faster, because I ordered just under NG.

May I ask where they ordered from? Found only on Ebay and Amazon-e, but they do not want to send to Russia.

Rep: (2)
Tell me all the same, is there a keyboard backlight? On the first page, a person has and it is not clear in the description on the site: backlighting of an additional keyboard. If anyone has an answer, what kind of money do you have. I want to take 5568-9692, this question is very interested. Maybe someone knows whether it is possible to choose a configuration from one of the sellers when buying.

Rep: (4)
Good day! I ordered on AliExpress. I sent a link to the store in PM.

Rep: (5)
* Domiser
Can I also link? And another question, are these matrices suitable for all 5568 submodels (I have 9972), or can there be nuances?

* Slava0708,
Model 5568-9972, there is a backlight. Even the dimmer is off — half brightness — full.
Regarding the choice of model, I looked at the store website so that the information was with a submodel.

Good day.

About the submodels. You need to look at what matrix is ​​currently running through the Aida program - a tab in the "Display" menu and make a comparison.

Units a possible problem that I see is a loop, because for FullHD - 2 line, for HD - 1 line. But in general, I think there should be no problems, and even more so for those who already have FullHD TN matrix installed.
Itself changed HD to FullHD while the cable did not change.

Owners of a laptop model with backlit keys tell me the keyboard model.

Thank you in advance!

Tell me, do the keys not hang out when printing from side to side like on cheap laptops?

Slava0708 @ 05.02.17, 14:53*
Tell me, do the keys not hang out when printing from side to side like on cheap laptops?

No, not a bit. I’m quite pleased to print personally

Posted on 02/05/2017, 17:00:

There is a fulloverviewappeared. I think it will be useful.

SSD I bought, installed. Did the migration of Windows, but where to specify in the BIOS to boot from the SSD?

In short, I will answer myself. If you make the migration of Windows to SSD from under Windows, then the migration occurs normally, only the disk remains "not bootable". I got out of the situation by downloading any bootable image (Acronis True Image or Paragon Migrate OS to SSD or any other) and booted from them and migrated Windows. It only loaded a little faster than with the HDD. Then he turned off the HDD, installed Windows from scratch on the SSD. Windows began to load really fast, and in the properties it became “bootable”. Something like that. Now it is possible to boot from both SSD and HDD.

* sokol2811,
I read your review, and I would like to clarify two details that you did not mention.
1. Can you call this laptop “cold” or not? According to your personal feelings and compared to previous laptop models, if you had any.
2. The audio system. How satisfactory is the sound when connecting headphones or external speakers? Compared to something, desirable.

Also eyeing the purchase of this model.

1. Can you call this laptop “cold” or not? According to your personal feelings and compared to previous laptop models, if you had any.

He is cold only for tactile sensations. Those. under load, only the area above the keyboard is very hot, while the keyboard and touchpad are only slightly warm. But the iron itself is heated quite strongly - now, for example, at room temperature about 25-26 degrees, when the processor is loaded at 15-20%, the temperature is around 50 degrees. In reading mode 38-40. And at maximum load, he warmed up to 90 at the peak, then, apparently, he trotted over and threw off to 82-83. The previous Asus K56CB was about as warm as I recall.
2. The audio system. How satisfactory is the sound when connecting headphones or external speakers? Compared to something, desirable.

It’s in vain you ask me - a bear has stepped on my ear: D I personally like it, I can’t say that it’s worse or better than anything else. Now I compared it with Asus Zenfone 2 Laser - as for me it's almost the same. The laptop only has a higher volume and a little better detail, as it seemed to me.

Please tell me, is there a place for SSD? or have to insert instead of the HDD. I plan to buy a laptop and buy immediately SSD (120 gigs)

NVMenot supports - source Official Support Forum

But the question is, does it support dual-channel operation of RAM or not (let's say 8 GB + 8 GB is installed)?
(or now all new models have long supported this technology, but I'm just not in the know: blush :)

That is, I can quite put on it instead of TN 1366-768 IPS matrix 1920-1080 from Dell Inspiron 7548?

* alex23new, supports dual channel mode, of course.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/27/19, 14:35