Dell Vostro 15 5568 - Discussion | [noteWindows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Core i5 (7200U) 2.5GHz | 8GB | Light

Rep: (42)
Dell Vostro 15 5568 - Discussion

Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows UWP Discussion пїЅ | Intel Cherry Trail Gaming Discussion пїЅ | Android | Remix OS | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Display: 15.6-inch display with HD (1366 x 768) / Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution with LED backlight and anti-reflective coating
CPU: IntelВ® 7th Gen IntelВ® Core в„ў i3 7100U (2.4 GHz / Cache - 3 MB) / IntelВ® 7th Gen IntelВ® Core в„ў i5 7200U (2.5 GHz / Cache - 3 MB)
Operating system: Windows 10 Home
RAM: 4/8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (expandable up to 32 GB) 2 slots
HDD: 500/1000 GB hard drive - SATA-III (5400/7200 rpm) + has a free M.2 connector for solid-state drives [attachment = "10179425: laptop-vostro-15-5000-pol-mag-pdp_EMEA-06. jpg "]
Video card: IntelВ® HD Graphics 620 + NVIDIAВ® GeForce 940MX with 2/4 GB GDDR5 Video Memory
Ports:
- 1 VGA connector
- 1 HDMI output connector
- 45 RJ connector, power
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- 1 USB 3.0 port with PowerShare technology
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 1 SD card reader
Drive unit: Not
Colour: gold matt metallic gray matt metallic midnight blue
Dimensions: Height: 19.2 mm (0.76 in) x Width: 380 mm (14.96 in) x Depth: 252.5 mm (9.94 in)
Weight: 1.98 kg (4.37 lbs)
Battery: Li-Ion 4400 mAh (up to 10.5 hours)
Mini FAQ
1. How to disable the touchpad on a laptop, if the button to disable / enable the touchpad is missing ?
In Windows 10, click Start - Settings - Devices - Mouse and Touchpad - Touchpad: OFF
Right-click on the power icon in the taskbar (next to the clock) - Windows Mobility Center - Turn off the touch pad.

2. Does dual channel memory support ?
Yes

3. Does the laptop support SSD M.2 NVMe ?
Not yet. This model Dell Vostro 5568 in fact supports drives M.2 SSD only through the interface SATA-III (not to be confused with the HDD, herea photohow they differ), although the official site also claims support for M.2 SSD NVMe (PCI-e), one can only hope that someday this will be corrected in the new BIOS. Who has earned - please unsubscribe here.

4. Where is the Pause / Break key ?
Not on the laptop, but there are solutions:hereandhere

5. How to disable only the display ?
There is no such key on the laptop, but I accidentally found a hidden combination to go to sleep mode Fn + Insert - I consider this combination to be useless, because on the key there is a power button. The idea arose to reassign this key to turn off the display:
In the start-up or in the search, type "Changing the power management scheme" or "Power supply" - Action when closing the lid - When you press the battery and mains sleep button: "Sleep" to "Disable display" and save the changes.

6. Is it possible to replace the matrix from TN with IPS? How to find the right one ?
You can only with the same eDP interface (30 pin narrow connector). How to findherefrom uv usere11110111110 .
Compatible IPS FHD Matrices (1920x1080):LTN156HL01, LP156WF6-SPA1, B156HAN01.2, NV156FHM-N42 (1), NV156FHM-N43, B156HAN04.4
Compatible IPS HD Matrices:LP156WHA-SPA2

7. How to enter the BIOS ?
When you turn on the laptop, press F2

8. How to enter the Boot Menu ?
When turned on, press F12

Drivers, instructions
Reviews
Useful

Post has been editedzayats3 - 25.07.18, 19:38
Reason for editing: New cap edited by aleksgrayvoron

Rep: (0)
Judging bydocumentationThere is a slot for M.2 SSD.

Good day to all! I purchased this unit 5 days ago and decided to share my impressions. I personally could not find almost any reviews before the purchase, so I will try to help future buyers.
So,body . Apparently, it is really made of plastic, but the coating feels metallic. I don’t know, is this some kind of spraying or paint, but it feels cool. The assembly claims only to the touchpad - when pressed in a certain place, the upper right corner goes out of its place a little, it rises by a millimeter by 1-2. Not critical, but unpleasant. Otherwise, there are no problems - there are no gaps anywhere, the body rigidity is good. By the way, lifting the lid is quite difficult. Firstly, due to the fact that there is nowhere to pry it, and secondly, because of the tight joint. Of the indicators, only a nice white strip in the front in the middle is responsible only for the indication of charging.
Screen from the sky of stars is not enough, of course. TN matrix. The viewing angles are horizontally wide, but vertically so-so. However, nothing surprising. I heard that the screen is dim, but I did not think so. Of course, in winter it will not be possible to check it in the bright sun, but in an artificial light room, the brightness is sufficient with a margin. The minimum does not hit the eyes in the dark - also a plus sign.
Keyboard and touchpad. Here I was pleasantly surprised, because the arrived model was backlit - nice. You can see the configuration of the keys in the photo yourself. I can only say that the keys are soft, typing is very comfortable. It is also worth noting that a number of F-keys by default works as multimedia, and actually "efki" through a combination with Fn. BUT, if you do not like this option, you can return the usual scheme with a combination of Fn + Esc. The backlight has 3 brightness levels - 0, 50, 100 - although I don’t see much difference between 50 and 100%.
The touchpad is large, comfortable, supports all standard multitouch gestures windows. If it were not for the above jamb - it would be generally perfect.
Also worth noting is the presence of a fingerprint sensor. How to evaluate them - without a clue - had never been used before. The finger recognizes without problems the first time, and more of it is not required.
Performance . At first, the constant lags were very disappointing, but after all the updates, surprisingly, it became much better. So far, I haven’t gotten to the tests (including gaming), but it feels like the speed of work in the office mode (browser with ~ 20 tabs, a couple of documents, music and software installation) is quite high. The weak point, of course, is the hard drive - if possible, I will install an SSD. For those who are already going to upgrade this laptop - note that the standardNVMe is not supported. Information about this is on the official forum.
On this, perhaps, for now. As soon as I conduct the tests and, in principle, I will get acquainted with the device a little closer, I will unsubscribe here. If you have any questions, write, I will try to answer all.

Post has been editedsokol2811 - 13.12.16, 07:01
Reason for editing: Orfo

Rep: (8)
Recently became the owner of this laptop, model 5568-9968

Config such:
Attached Image

In general, the laptop is very like, thin and light, it holds the battery for a long time, it works very fast.
Its main disadvantage is the screen, the matrix is ​​the simplest, the color rendition and viewing angles are so-so. Therefore, before buying, I strongly advise you to take a good look at the screen.

Post has been editedgromaster - 20.12.16, 19:11

Rep: (6)
I have been using the laptop since October. At first, they were annoyed by the screen, lethargy and super-sensitive touchpad. To the screen used. The inhibition resulted in the removal of the “Dell” power profile and the installation of maximum performance - as a result, the battery life fell. The touchpad is treated in the system settings ->Touchpad ->Touch ->Low sensitivity. Regarding the M.2 SSD. In the manual on the laptop on the off site, support for M.2 SSD NVMe (PCIe) is declared. Before purchasing the M.2 SSD, the Samsung 960PRO wrote to the support team asking if this drive will work on my laptop. They answered what would happen, but they did not test the speed of this disk, and will be grateful to me if, after installation, I test and share the results with them. I bought it. Put. Fuck, his system does not see. I climbed into the bios so that, as I thought, I ticked it to activate. And I see that the M.2 connector is designated SATA and not PCIe. I checked the BIOS version - current. In general, the Americans began to bother me. I wrote to them all that I think about them - I am waiting for an answer. I sorted the laptop three times. Disassembled sucks due to latches around the perimeter of the case. The working surface and the top of the lid are made of metal - the rest is painted plastic. Inside, everything is neatly done. The fan is one. Judging by the fact that there is a lot of free space around the battery and there are free ears, there may be models with a battery of increased capacity.

Post has been editedheryvim - 27.12.16, 21:39

Rep: (4)
Good day!
I am the owner of Dell Vostro 5568-3034 based on Intel Core i3 7100U 2.5GHz

After reading the reviews on the screen, I want to share a successful experience of its replacement.
In my copy was installed TN matrix LP156WHU (TP) (B1) with a resolution of 1366x768. Made a replacement for FullHD PLS matrix from Samsung LTN156HL01.

The resolution and color compared to the old matrix "heaven and earth." Very pleased with the result!

Rep: (15)
Domiser @ 01/14/17, 20:10*
Made a replacement for FullHD PLS matrix from Samsung LTN156HL01

That is, with a loss of warranty?

And tell someone - there is at least one review on it? Interested in the temperature for holding on your lap and the battery life in more detail all the same.

Seventh @ 01/16/17, 1:58*
Interested in the temperature for holding on your lap and the battery life in more detail all the same.

There are no reviews, as far as I know, but I am going to write a full article at the end of the month.
So far, I can say that when the office load is kept around 40 per CPU, it is more than comfortable to hold it on your lap. With a maximum load could warm it up to 85 degrees. At the same time, the area above the keyboard basically heats up, that is, there is no discomfort again.
Regarding the battery life: in balanced mode (standard preset) with WiFi turned on and a load like reading, browsing and several small videos from YouTube with a screen brightness level of 50-70%, the operation time was about 9 hours — in fact it lived for 6 hours which, however, is also not bad

Rep: (15)
Sokol2811 @ 16.01.17, 11:08*
There are no reviews, as far as I know, but I am going to write a full article at the end of the month.
So far, I can say that when the office load is kept around 40 per CPU, it is more than comfortable to hold it on your lap. With a maximum load could warm it up to 85 degrees. At the same time, the area above the keyboard basically heats up, that is, there is no discomfort again.
Regarding the battery life: in balanced mode (standard preset) with WiFi turned on and a load like reading, browsing and several small videos from YouTube with a screen brightness level of 50-70%, the operation time was about 9 hours — in fact it lived for 6 hours which, however, is also not bad

Thanks for the answer!
Well, downright great option. Well, the only thing that keeps me from buying it right now is your feedback about the monitor :(

Domiser @ 01/14/17, 11:10*
Made a replacement for FullHD PLS matrix from Samsung LTN156HL01.

Interested in the issue price and the replacement procedure itself. Are there any problems? And more photos of viewing angles, if not difficult. Thanks in advance!

Rep: (65)
And you can ask the owners to conduct testshttp://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htmIt is interesting to compare the real difference between 6x00U and 7x00U

And for example, in the 6500U, the real performance is more than the average value indicated in the table by about 10%, since they measure a lot in the saving mode.

* Gold dragon Core i5-7200U test
Attached Image

Sokol2811 @ 17.01.17, 08:18*
Gold-Dragon, Core i5-7200U test

The test was carried out on which energy plan?
Judging by the results, either the 7200u was not very successful, or the power saving mode is worth it.
The only gain so far I see is the current on the graphics in 3D.

And so it is very weak.

At 6500u (which is weaker than 7200u on the table), I got about 2800+ parrots (Lenovo Miix 510 (Post Gold-Dragon # 57142126)

Even if you make a discount on the HDD instead of SSD and take into account the discrete graphics, there should be at least 2300.

Gold-Dragon @ 01/17/17, 12:01*
The test was carried out on which energy plan?

On the "high performance", of course, when powered from the network. The drive is really very slow - the SSD is asking here.

* sokol2811,
I was also embarrassed by memory tests, but then I looked at the characteristics ...

Single channel DDR4

Actually there is still a failure.

Does m2 have ssd in it?

Gold-Dragon @ 01/17/17, 13:08*
Does m2 have ssd in it?

Yes, there is, only with him, judging by the posts above there are troubles

* sokol2811,
These are not problems, just take sata-m2 and not pcie-m2, but you won't get more than 500MB / s

Rep: (4)
Sokol2811 @ 01.16.17, 1:30*
Interested in the issue price and the replacement procedure itself. Are there any problems? And more photos of viewing angles, if not difficult. Thanks in advance!

Good day!

There were no problems with the replacement, it causes inconvenience that the screen frame is now attached to a double-sided tape. He disconnected the battery, removed the frame carefully, unscrewed the fixture of the matrix and disconnected the cable, put a new matrix.
Judging by the characteristics of the FullHD matrix is ​​0.3 mm thicker, in fact it causes no problems.

I ordered the matrix for 3,990 rubles, now you can buy it for 3,670 rubles. Plus three weeks of waiting, but I think it can be faster, because I ordered just under NG.

Photos are available here, to compare photos of a similar TN matrix in a Lenovo laptop.
Link

Rep: (9)
I bought a laptop, model 5568-3027, I disassembled to see which SSD to buy, and I saw such a connector there:
Attached Image
It looks like a PCI-E and not a SATA. How can I buy an SSD screw?

Rep: (526)
You need an SSD M2 format.

Rep: (9)
You need an SSD M2 format.

The fact that I have already read m2 in the specification. Speech about the interface, m2.SATA3 or m2.PCI-E?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/01/19, 07:31