Asus x540l - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel HD Graphics 4400 | 4GB

Rep: (0)
asus x540l - Discussion пїЅ | Description | Buying and Accessories пїЅ
Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel HD Graphics 4400 | 4GB

Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows UWP Discussion пїЅ | Intel Cherry Trail Gaming Discussion пїЅ | Android | Remix OS | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Main characteristics
Notebook class For office and study
operating system
Windows 10 operating system
OS recovery software on HDD
Display
Display diagonal, inch 15.6
Display Resolution, Pixel 1366x768 HD Ready
LCD Screen Type
16: 9 aspect ratio
Touch Screen No
CPU
Intel processor manufacturer
Processor Type Intel Core i3
Processor Model 4005U
CPU clock speed, GHz 1.7
Number of cores 2
Integrated. Intel HD Graphics 4400
RAM
RAM 4
Number of memory slots 1
Memory
HDD Type
HDD capacity, GB 1000
Video card
Type of video card Discrete NVIDIA
Video card manufacturer nVidia
NVidia GeForce GT920 Graphics Card Model
The amount of video card memory, GB 2
Type of video memory DDR3
Drive unit
DVD Drive Type
Interfaces
USB 3.0 connectors
HDMI
USB Type-C
LAN connector, RJ45
USB 3.0 Yes
HDMI Output Yes
Headphone Jack 3.5 mm Yes
Microphone Jack 3.5 mm Yes
Built-in microphone Yes
Network connections
Wi-Fi support Yes
The presence of a Bluetooth module No
LAN connector, RJ45 Yes
Webcam
Built-in webcam Yes
Power supply
Battery Included Yes
Housing
Weight, kg 1.9
Dimensions
Length 381.4 mm
Width, mm 251.5
Thickness, mm 27.2
additional information

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactVehicle in QMS or moderators section through a button Pictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Guys, I have a problem with headphones and micro, it’s together, but the connectors are different, that is, separately ears, separately micro *, and one input on the laptop **. I bought an adapter *** for them, without an adapter both this and that works fine, but before that I put a daw in Realtek even though I connected ****. But in the adapter, only one thing works, another such hassle, when adapter system works>micro, then when connected, micro disappears, and the built-in is on, as well as the built-in work in transition mode>headphones, but without micro ears do not work, as there is a jackdaw under Realtek in microte.What to do ?!
P.S. Jack is not native to the ears, but works great.

Post has been editedChop19 - 11.10.16, 18:28

Rep: (8)
but to see the photo you need to send money.

Yes, I also encountered such garbage, while the laptop can not work on battery power. That is, it is visible in the system, but when disconnected from the network, the laptop is cut down.
I also stumbled upon this message, I guessed what kind of cunning screw it was and screwed it on and the battery worked. I took a picture:https://imgur.com/a/1UgXcbT
I wrote about this in May on notebookclub - it is strange that that post did not find you a search engine

Post has been editedZheka12rus - 28.01.19, 23:03

But Kingston for the X540LA offers both 4 and 8 GB of bracket:https: //www.kingston.c.... 20Notebook&Model=94753

OnEnglish siteAsus says "an advanced onboard memory controller, up to 12GB RAM" ... take a chance and order a bar for 8 or something ...

Post has been editedZheka12rus - 28.01.19, 23:15

So, everything went fine, added another 8 GB, it became 12. Kingston did not lie)KVR16LS11 / 8
Model X540LA

Rep: (446)
* Zheka12rus ,
Well, so I set the same, only at 4. Is the difference noticeable?

* vladseverrr
Yes, but I wanted to add 8 right away and there were doubts, because On the Russian-language website of Asus, there is a strange wording about 8 GB, and even here they wrote in the comments above that some models did not work. But I went to the English site, there is 12 GB written.

The difference is noticeable, of course, everything used to hang because of the heap of tabs in Chrome (it saved the SSD a little with its speed - the paging file), now Windows saw that it wasn’t necessary to save and the same Chrome with the same open tabs unfastened, in total it became 5 GB is busy. And if you open Photoshop with a bunch of layers, then over 8 will pass.

Rep: (2)
I also tried to expand the memory capacity to 12. I bought the Curicial DDR3L 1600 bar for 8 GB. The laptop does not want to see. What could be the problem?

* -SkyDen-,
you write a specific model, there is still a CL parameter. The one that I set, CL = 11.
Here is a list of what Crucial offers under the X540LA:https: //www.crucial.co...pgrade-for/ASUS/x540la

* Zheka12rus,
Zheka12rus @ 02/01/19, 9:30 p.m.*
you write a specific model, there is still a CL parameter. The one that I set, CL = 11.

Model of the laptop Asus X540LJ, bracket - CRUCIAL CT102464BF160B DDR3L - 8GB 1600. I handed it to the store, now I don’t even know what else to try ...

UPD. I updated the BIOS on the laptop, checked the bar - it was working, maybe where in the BIOS what should I tidy up? Maybe I screwed the screw in the wrong place, that there is no contact or the plastic film wasn’t torn off any)))) I don’t even know what the reason is ...

Post has been edited-SkyDen- - 02.02.19, 01:07

-SkyDen- @ 02/01/19, 23:41*
Model of the laptop Asus X540LJ, bracket - CRUCIAL CT102464BF160B DDR3L - 8GB 1600. I handed it to the store, now I don’t even know which one else to try ... UPD. I updated the BIOS on the laptop, checked the bar - it was working, maybe where in the BIOS what should I tidy up? Maybe I screwed the screw in the wrong place, that there is no contact or the plastic film wasn’t torn off any)))) I don’t even know what the reason is ...

But did he even turn on with this bar and did not see it in the BIOS? Or didn’t even want to start? Today I bought Goodram DDR3 8GB PC3 - 12800 SODIMM 1.35V GR1600S3V64L11 / 8G, tried to install it in a laptop, so I didn’t even want to turn on it, it’s just a black screen and that's it ... Now I’m sitting and I think it's RAM dead or a laptop (X540LJ - XX755T) is so boring.

Post has been editedstas098 - 12.02.19, 01:16

Stas098 @ 12.02.19, 1:15*
But did he even turn on with this bar and did not see it in the BIOS? Or didn’t even want to start?

Depends on the bar, each had its own result:
1) CRUCIAL CT102464BF160B DDR3L - 8GB 1600 - the laptop turned on, I did not see the bar.
2) The module from Qumo 1600 DDR3L 8Gb, I do not remember the model code - it started, but did not see
3) The module from Samsung 1600 DDR3L 4Gb - it started, but did not see
4) Kingston KVR16LS11 / 8 PC12800, 1600 MHz, CL 11, 8gb module - it started, but it hung on the Asus splash screen.

Despite the fact that the strips from Curical and Kingston are considered recommended for this laptop, all attempts to add memory were futile, and not only for me. Updating the BIOS failed. Planks are serviceable 100%, checked on another laptop.

I came to the conclusion that there is no compatibility with soldered chips, they have a timing of 13, but I could not find such bars.

As a result, I bought an SSD, put the HDD in the place of the drive, and put the SSD (WD Green 250 gb) in the place of the HDD, with the swap file on the SSD (the size of the choice of the system left, on average, 1.8 Gb). Such an upgrade, of course, does not fully replace RAM, but it becomes pleasant to work behind a laptop, everything loads quickly and does not hang. In games, friezes disappeared when loading cards, since a large load from the HDD was gone.

In general, expanding the memory here is a dreary matter, and the slot is located at the very bottom of the motherboard, which requires complete disassembly. It seems that the plug is purely decorative, a la buy a laptop, memory can be expanded, but with what difficulties, this is not our problem anymore ....

Asus X540lJ-XX187T

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been edited-SkyDen- - 12.02.19, 12:41

Good day, tell me I want to put sdd and add RAM, tell me which RAM to buy? And ssd, if you can link with ali.

People tell me which RAM is suitable for the x540LJ model.

SODIMM Kingston [KVR16LS11 / 4] 4 GB, for example.

Hello everyone, I also encountered the same problem, I decided to increase the memory, adjusted the bar, of course, a new one like this
https://m.ua/desc/golden-memory-gm16ls11-8/.

no matter what, put it in the evening, it took a long time to get it, left it until the morning, opened it in the morning, which surprised, the desktop opened, BUT, under the labels are some small squares, hieroglyphs, shorter than a billboard. A couple of times I removed and inserted the bar, the effect was after zero, because after all the system was not loaded.
In short, pulled out, launched and the laptop booted, though the system booted longer than usual.
Actually the question is, everything is fine in terms of parameters, it doesn’t work. What could be the reason? Maybe due to manufacturer mismatch?
Because other reasons do not come to mind.
Dear, another question, who knows what level one hundred pounds fits? or have to try on?

Rep: (4)
* belseva,
There are 2a assumptions

-SkyDen- @ 12.02.19, 03:39*
In general, expanding the memory here is a dreary matter, and the slot is located at the very bottom of the motherboard, which requires complete disassembly. It seems that the plug is purely decorative, a la buy a laptop, memory can be expanded, but with what difficulties, this is not our problem anymore ....

-SkyDen- @ 12.02.19, 03:39*
I came to the conclusion that there is no compatibility with soldered chips, they have a timing of 13, but I could not find such bars.

Hello everyone, the attempt to increase the RAM did not work, the bar that I ordered from Alik did not fit, I replaced hdd sdd, of course it became faster, but still I want to add memory. Has anyone found a 100% work?
Attached Image

Posted on 04/28/2019, 16:03:

By the way, this is what Asus answered, until I bought these models.
Attached Image

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (325)
* basjk1971,
It’s exactly the same for me! But bought in CSN.
Attached Image

Post has been editedrasnet - 28.04.19, 21:40

* Zmei1302,
* rasnet

Maybe the problem is that despite the fact that there is only one model, there are motherboards with different modifications. Unless of course marriage.

I have a model that has no drive

* Zmei1302,
Zmei1302 @ 04.29.19, 08:51*
I have a model that has no drive

Judging by the photo, this did not stop you from installing the 2nd screw in this connector ;-). That is, it’s just the beech equipment is different. But motherboard models, even if the ASUS X540LA / J modification is not indicated ... it seems that even with one model they may differ.
Once again, if they do not have a marriage with a slot.

Post has been editedbasjk1971 - 29.04.19, 10:52

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 11:03 p.m.