Choosing an Android media player is more expensive than $ 100

Rep: (619)
Dear users of the resource, I propose in this topic to place new TV set-top boxes from well-known manufacturers from the country with the largest population of the globe - China.
And also from other countries. Wherever there are good box manufacturers.
But not only to place, also discuss, find a middle ground and understand what you can choose.
Today, the most prominent among the top manufacturers are:
Egreat, Minix, Himedia, Zidoo, NVidia, Vorke (formerly Tronsmart), Xiaomi, ZTE, Xtreamer and others.

What is the difference between these consoles from all other manufacturers, you ask?
First of all, with quality support, secondly, the quality of performance (materials), thirdly, the presence of DTS / Dolby Digital hardware multichannel audio output, and fourthly, the presence of autoframe.

Prefixes on Amlogic and Nvidia Shield do not support 3D MVC codec.
Those. will not support 3D in 3DBD.iso files.
Those who are going to watch 3D movies should remember this, as this
original format and it provides the best 3D quality.

Maybe I forgot about something, but I think everyone who wants to share another novelty will complement!

So we are waiting for everyone in this topic, add new items, discuss, compare, choose!

K
Topics Curator: Numizmat-91

Post has been editedgabby - 18.04.18, 10:24

Rep: (416)
Please conduct a comparative analysis of the two consoles! :)
Zidoo X9S vs Minix Neo U1.
The price they have is identical, Minix is ​​already finished, and Zidoo just came out.

* Theyo
From what I know in brief.

Processor: + towards Zidoo, newer and not yet fully unlocked potential
Firmware: + Minix (temporarily). Why is it temporary, but because Minix has already been released a long time ago, the firmware for it has long been written down and refitted. Zidoo, while only at the initial stage, but the fact that three firmware have already been released in the first month - says a lot that the manufacturer takes care of its flagship and very quickly saws new firmware, at least for now.
Android version: + Zidoo (6 android) versus 5.1 on Minix.
Availability OpenWrt: + Zidoo

Rep: (10)
I personally like Zidoo, the stuffing is not bad (percent, the presence of usb 3, sata 3.0), and the firmware will finish how to drink.
When I bought minix, I didn’t pay attention to zidoo. But still with my choice pleased. Money is not a pity, it is worth their own.

Post has been editedShubich76 - 07.10.16, 12:20

Rep: (22)
Shubich76 @ 10.10.2016, 10:17*
Zidoo X9S vs Minix Neo U1

I think these 2 consoles will not be entirely correct to compare, Zidoo will win, if only because it was released almost 9 months later. If you do not burn, wait for the release and the first results from Minix Neo U9-H, there also seems to be declared support for multi-channel audio from the box. The question is really open about the exact release date and price.

And if you make a comparison of the previous flagship models from these manufacturers in terms of software, firmware, fix jambs?
For example, the last flagship Zidoo X9 brought to mind?
I read the entire branch dedicated to Minix Neo U1 and realized that everything there is with support is just fine and now, if you buy this box, then this is boxing with polished software that you don’t have to finish.
On the other hand, there is Zidoo X9, a new product, with a m / s superior Minix Neo U1, but still raw in terms of software.
I am not in a hurry with the purchase, but the choice has come down to these two devices. You need to choose the best for your money, and they cost +/- the same :)

* Meraon
The price will be clearly higher, I think it will be the same level of the box. True usb3.0 there just will not be open wrt.

Minix

Post has been editedkuzzman - 07.10.16, 12:26

Rep: (21)
* kuzzman
But you have created this topic correctly. Although, I am afraid, lovers will come here "why pay more"

Meraon @ 10.10.16, 12:22*
Minix Neo U9-H

It will be on the new S912-H and will obviously cost more than 10,000, and this is already the limit for me, I do not plan to spend more on TV boxing.
Also its manufacturer will also finish the first commercials for half a year.
Well, not the fact that at a higher cost, the new Minix will be better than the Zidoo X9S.

Post has been editedTheyo - 07.10.16, 12:43
Reason for editing: Typo

* stun45,
Well then, the conversation will be short ...

* Meraon
There will be no usb 3.0 in u9-h, but I would like to.

Shubich76 @ 10.10.2016, 10:35*
There will be no usb 3.0 in u9-h, but I would like to.

To be fair, it should be noted that the Zidoo X9C has problems with simultaneous USB 3 / SATA connections and wireless keyboards / mice. I do not know if this will be fixed in the future, but the sediment has already remained.

* Meraon
As practice has shown, the same problem for all devices with a similar implementation. An example of the same Asus was given.

Post has been editedkuzzman - 07.10.16, 12:51

Rep: (2)
What is the point then in Usb3.0 and Sata, if they do not work completely?

I hope this ailment will win

Post has been editedShubich76 - 07.10.16, 13:06

As practice has shown, the same problem for all devices with a similar implementation. An example of the same Asus was given.

Yes, I read, this is more information for users for whom the choices of boxing have not yet ended: rolleyes:

What is the point then in Usb3.0 and Sata, if they do not work completely?

Everything is controlled from the console, the problems with wireless devices (with USB receiver).

Rep: (455)
Meraon @ 10/07/2016, 12:43*
USB 3 / SATA and Wireless Keyboards / Mice
I think Sat can be excluded from this list, because Sat is supported by the process itself, the problem is with usb3 and its influence on devices operating at 2.4 GHz. And this is not a software problem. Well, if it can be solved by screening, but if pcb is not properly shared, then usb3 can be forgotten, at least on this board revision.

At the moment, what more will I get for about an equal amount, Zidoo X9S vs Minix Neo U1?
In technical terms, Zidoo is more powerful and with a foundation for the future, at the same time, the Minix firmware is doped, since the device has been on the market for a long time.
Autofreight is very important to me and I understand that it is on both consoles, though in the case of Zidoo it still works crookedly.
Probably worth the wait and see how much they can finish Zidoo ...

Rep: (94)
Why restriction on "Chinese" media players? for 100+ there is for example amazon fire tv of the second generation and nvidia shield (here all 200 of course, but as they say without compromise, non plus ultra in the world of tv box). firetv really has its drawbacks due to the fact that there is a very strongly modified android, therefore, not everything that works on a clean one works (for example, vpn without root is there).

* optimusprime,
Your proposal was accepted, asked the moderator to make changes to the name of the topic.

Post has been editedkuzzman - 07.10.16, 13:28

Aleha81 @ 10.10.16, 12:06*
I think Sat can be excluded from this list.
Why exclude? Maybe the reason is different from USB 3, but the result is the same.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.22.19, 08:29