> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

73 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Cubot ECHO - Discussion | Smartphone, 5 "
UserNNov
Message#1
28.09.16, 15:25
Novice
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 44
Check in: 30.12.15
Asus ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL

DiscussionCubot ECHO
PictureCubot ECHO
Description | Discussion

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison.
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
  • Screen size:5 "IPS, capacitive, 2.5D
  • Screen resolution:720 * 1280p
    -----------------------------------------
  • Operating system:Android 6.0
  • Make and model of processor:MediaTek MT6580
  • Number of processor cores:4x - Arm Cortex A7
  • CPU core frequency:1.3 GHz
  • Graphic Accelerator:Mali-400 MP1 500MHz
  • RAM:2Gb - LPDDR3
  • Inner memory:16Gb - EMMC
  • Memory expansion slot:MicroSDxc up to 128Gb
  • Network support:R8 HSPA + / TD-SCDMA (GSM / WCDMA)
  • Communications:Bluetooth 4.0 / WiFi 802.11b \ g \ n / OTG / HotKnot
  • Navigation:GPS / AGPS
  • Sensors:Light sensor / Distance sensor / Accelerometer / Gyroscope
    Sensors:Illuminance / Approximation / Acceleration / Position
  • Built-in rear camera:8Mp (interpolation up to 13Mp), AF, / 2.0 ar, 0.5A led flashlight
    Note:Capture not more than 8Mp is supported by hardware, the rest is add-ons.
  • Built-in front camera:5Mp
  • Battery Capacity:3000mAh
    Chipset Specification (

EN download

): Attached filemt6580 datasheet.pdf(2.09 MB)

Information from the office. the site
Device images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Official firmware
Unofficial firmware

• CM13 for Cubot Echo Mod Recovery
  • Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 Mod Recovery
    (( Echo ))) Preview & Testing (+
    This spoiler is created for those who want to help the authors of "custom" firmware - testing their work.
    Placed in this spoiler firmware - are provided on the terms of the "Preliminary Assessment" to identify errors and faults.
    The authors of "custom" firmware are not responsible for possible "bricks" and caused inconvenience. Everything is as usual - at your own peril and risk.

Recovery | Root | Patches
Useful | Other

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMgalex - 25.04.18, 21:50
Reason for editing: Solving the problem of non-operational RPS on the 19th firmware (Android 7)
UserNNov
Message#42
25.10.16, 15:00
Novice
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 44
Check in: 30.12.15
Asus ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL

Where so fast?

EMS through Finland
karramiz
Message#43
25.10.16, 17:13
Guru
[online]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 4252
Check in: 27.08.13

* AndreyYe,
There was a rainbow like this, the body increases of course, but these angles are empty to absorb the impact.

--------------------
Do not follow me in the footsteps, I am an eternal outsider,
My goal - to burn down the space, and not the river to the manor!
Sergey_Ace
Message#44
25.10.16, 19:37
Innovator
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 7185
Check in: 04.12.06
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

M
The topic has been moved to subsection “Cubot
Since your smartphone is not yet in the DevDB database, you cannot add it to the description and select it in the profile.
You need to fill out an application for adding a device to DevDB at this address:http: //savagemessiahzine.com/ devdb / phones / new
From now on, take effect.Android Device Section Rules

--------------------
Carinyarro
Message#45
26.10.16, 10:41
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 22
Check in: 24.04.10
ZTE Blade A1

* UserNNov,
On YouTube there is a video of unpacking "Echo", there were headphones in the kit.
Here - was not?
AndreyYe
Message#46
02.11.16, 10:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 276
Check in: 02.10.15
Vernee thor

Yesterday came. Received. The first impression is not bad. The main thing that impressed :)
1. Very thick and weighty. Especially in the bumper. Brick in the truest sense. Iron thick frame, seemingly durable .. I really want to try to hammer them a nail or put it under a jeep. While holding :)))
2. Very loud. After it, the loudest of my phones already seems quiet. As for the sound quality I can not understand. In principle, the rules, but something is missing. In short, the music center will not replace, but you can make an impression)
3. One Simka is big in the sense, not nano-, and not micro-, but mini-, I haven’t seen a smart with such for a long time. The second is micro. The memory card is also inserted, all under the cover. The cover can be removed easily. Plastic rough, pleasant.
4. Akkum is removable, 3000 was written, in the evening from 55% was able to plant up to 20%, tormented quite a lot, listened to music while I was cooking dinner. Those. fine.
5. Photographs quite acceptable, better than many state employees. Good readable macro. Photo later will attach.
6. The sixth android, but for some reason indistinguishable from the fifth.
7. There are no headphones in the kit, the sound in the headphones was not tested.
8. The bumper in the kit is scary, but probably should protect :) Without it, it looks more sympathetic.

All that so far managed to evaluate. At work colleagues pleased with the volume of the music.

UPD:
9. The film is pasted on the screen, the bumper is worn, the battery is sealed, but the android is running, English is out of the box, there is no extra software.
10. In the box, only typical Kubot charging at 1A, this is my second. And the standard instruction in all languages, which it seems also put to all phones.
11. There is an indicator of missed notifications and charging, I did not understand how many colors, so far I have only seen blue
12. Photos from unpacking
Photo, unpacking + assembly (Kote is included)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Photos taken by the phone itself
Kittens, with flash and without, in a rather dark corner (and it seems even without HDR)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Night view. HDR off / on, did not notice much difference)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Street, the view through the glass, walk until he went out with him)
Attached Image

Frontal, takes decently in normal light, publish yourself, compare with the next frame)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Office and all that
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Macro type with flash and without (like c HDR), in the second photo a chandelier flashes
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedLeiros - 19.03.17, 15:04
Reason for editing: merged posts.
cross22
Message#47
02.11.16, 21:49
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1580
Check in: 06.04.08
HomTom S99

AndreyYe @ 02.11.16, 14:52*
The film is pasted on the screen.
I now wonder what the need can be in the film phone, whose screen can nails nails? Or is it all about? : blush:
Voodu
Message#48
02.11.16, 22:32
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 647
Check in: 05.07.11
Oneplus one

Also received today.
I took a few photos in comparison with Xiaomi Mi3:
Dimensions
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Screen (Mi3 on the left)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Comparing the sound of OnePlus One and Cubot ECHO:Attached Image

Found a "glitch": If you turn on the device without a SIM and play audio (at least mp3, at least in the audio settings, etc.), the phone will turn off after a few seconds. (on the video quickly, because it is not the first test)Attached Image
Accordingly, when the SIM is inserted, the “glitch” is gone, the disconnections and reboots no longer occur. Do not be scared)

I will not write pluses, they are already on the surface, but the quality of Wi-Fi performance on a smartphone leaves much to be desired. It may be corrected programmatically in the future, but experience tells me that this problem is on the iron level, namely, in the cheap performance of the antenna, as in many Chinese state employees.

If you need something to twist, potestit (within reason), write. I will have the phone before Thursday evening))

Post has been editedVoodu - 02.11.16, 22:35

--------------------
AndreyYe
Message#49
03.11.16, 10:27
Local
[offline]

Messages 276
Vernee thor

Voodu @ 11/02/2016, 10:32*
I will not write pluses, they are already on the surface, but the quality of Wi-Fi performance on a smartphone leaves much to be desired. It may be corrected programmatically in the future, but experience tells me that this problem is on the iron level, namely, in the cheap performance of the antenna, as in many Chinese state employees.

I did not test wi-fi meticulously and did not install any test software at all. But it seems to work.
But what worked bad yesterday was the GPS, updated in spurts, jumps, and carried the mark almost a kilometer to the side, right on the other side of the Neva.
True, I had turned off the type of "clarification with the help of related tools", is it called A-GPS or something?
But even after I turned it on, I did not notice any improvements.
Now the truth is still checked, it seems to show exactly, but I am sitting in the office. I'll check in the evening in motion.

Still seems to have no light sensor, so note. Otherwise, the second day of the flight is normal.

I will add some pictures on the street in difficult conditions of evening-morning twilight and snowfall)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Where the photo is "duplicated", it is in two modes HDR and without. Feel the difference. I did not feel) Without HDR (files are smaller in size) as if even better.) Maybe my trembling hands are to blame, I don’t know, there was no tripod at hand. On another fotik, my HDR really draws dark plans, then I did not notice.

Although in general, it seems to me, the quality for this budget is not the worst.
If you add $ 20-30, you can probably find a better one,
but I personally do not need more from the phone.

Post has been editedAndreyYe - 03.11.16, 10:34
AndreyYe
Message#50
03.11.16, 10:59
Local
[offline]

Messages 276
Vernee thor

Cross22 @ 11/02/2016, 21:49*
I now wonder what the need can be in the film phone, whose screen can nails nails? Or is it all about?

The hammer is also scratched. This does not interfere with its main purpose. And the phone still wants to be nepotocany)
cross22
Message#51
03.11.16, 12:13
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1580
HomTom S99

AndreyYe @ 11/03/2016, 1:27 PM*
what was bad yesterday it worked gps

Put MT GPS, run the test before and after.
AndreyYe @ 11/03/2016, 1:27 PM*
no light sensor
To check there is a lot of software. As far as I remember, should be.
PS I remember correctly.
Attached Image

Post has been editedcross22 - 03.11.16, 12:19
a-MiG
Message#52
03.11.16, 18:15
Local
[offline]

Messages 113
Check in: 15.12.12

A-MiG @ 10/01/2016, 10:45 PM*
Ordered. Let's see what kind of character.

I quoted myself to highlight the date of the order. Today received.
In the next 2-3 days I look like him and write preliminary reviews.

But the first thing I checked was the sound quality in the Apple headphones. (Not a fan of the apple, but their ear shape is very convenient for me)
So there is no wow effect. Subjectively, the sound is no better, but rather worse than the current Mi4c. Disappointed in this aspect.

Now I will go over the last pages and questions and will supplement in the course of use.

Posted on 11/03/2016, 18:17:

Voodu @ 11/02/2016, 10:32*
Found a "glitch": If you turn on the device without a SIM and play audio (at least mp3, at least in the audio settings, etc.), the phone will turn off after a few seconds. (on the video quickly, because it is not the first test)
Accordingly, when the SIM is inserted, the “glitch” is gone, the disconnections and reboots no longer occur. Do not be scared)

There is no such glitch, Until now, I did not insert a SIM card. I listened to a lot of tracks from different players and stock. No shutdowns.

--------------------
siemens s55 - sony ericsson k650i- sony ericsson w610i - nokia e63 - lenovo p770 -lenovo p780- Meizu MX3 - Xiaomi Mi3 - Huawei Honor 7 - ASUS ZenFone2 ZD551KL -Xiaomi Mi4c - Xiaomi RMN4- Huawei P9 - Xiaomi Mi A1
Voodu
Message#53
03.11.16, 19:38
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 647
Oneplus one

a-MiG @ 11/03/2016, 18:15*
There is no such glitch, Until now, I did not insert a SIM card. I listened to a lot of tracks from different players and stock. No shutdowns.
It means the build quality is lame and a marriage theme may soon appear.

--------------------
Brahmastra1
Message#54
04.11.16, 23:35
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2349
Check in: 25.12.11
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

A-MiG @ 11/03/2016, 19:15*
But the first thing I checked was the sound quality in the Apple headphones. (Not a fan of the apple, but their ear shape is very convenient for me)
So there is no wow effect. Subjectively, the sound is no better, but rather worse than the current Mi4c. Disappointed in this aspect.

I also don’t like vacuum ones, I recommend to buy 1more headphones instead of apples, the sound is 2 times better, compared with relatives from iphone 5s
cross22
Message#55
05.11.16, 13:53
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1580
HomTom S99

Has anyone managed to get a root? KingRoot can not cope, although earlier on other devices more than 3 attempts were not required.
You can hear a rattle when tapping on the top of the cover.

--------------------
If you want a miracle - do not wait for it from this device, the sound is loud, but you won't be particularly pleased with the frequency response. This is not a breakthrough in the field of sound in compact devices.
But you can hardly miss an incoming call on the noisiest street.
For me it was a problem getting the root, without which it is difficult to imagine the desired customization of the device.

Post has been editedLeiros - 19.03.17, 15:10
filantrop21
Message#56
05.11.16, 22:51
User
[offline]

Messages 77
Check in: 28.09.11

Good people have posted the official firmware for our device
http://www.needrom.com/download/cubot-echo/

I understand that the manufacturer itself on its website www.cubot.net does not indulge buyers with firmware, in downloads only brochures and certificates ...: beee:
Voodu
Message#57
06.11.16, 00:43
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 647
Oneplus one

filantrop21 @ 11/05/2016, 10:51*
buyers do not indulge with firmware
Like all manufacturers, it mostly pampers the product, not its software. IMHO standard and logical for all manufacturers to build a bug report and release the corresponding patches, simultaneously uploading these same firmware to the download section. The indicated firmware is most likely represented either by the manufacturer, or by the user (on request, or by the SP Flash Tool), who has already put this device “on the paddles” in search of root, xposed and other things: happy:
In any case, you now have boot.img, system.img, which means that a fast firmware port is possible.

Post has been editedVoodu - 06.11.16, 00:46

--------------------
cross22
Message#58
06.11.16, 09:06
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1580
HomTom S99

Someone wrote that the minimum brightness is too big. Absolutely disagree! I installed the autotune brightness and everything adapts perfectly, even in complete darkness.

------------------
In the slot for a mini-sim, perhaps a bad contact - the connection is constantly lost. Rearranged in the slot for micro, I will watch.
The treatment is as follows: click on the place under the cover where SIM1 is written. Simka before it to take out. At the same time the rattling was gone.
Attached Image

------------------
Not gone, as it turned out, but it became less. If you hold the lower part and tap on the top, you still hear it.
I think this is a plastic partition between the battery and the top of the phone. She is thin, flimsy and the middle dangles. I suppose you can amputate. Affects sound quality at maximum volume.

Post has been editedLeiros - 19.03.17, 15:16
AndreyYe
Message#59
07.11.16, 14:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 276
Vernee thor

cross22 @ 11/05/2016, 15:22*
If you want a miracle - do not wait for it from this device, the sound is loud, but you won't be particularly pleased with the frequency response. This is not a breakthrough in the field of sound in compact devices.
But you can hardly miss an incoming call on the noisiest street.
For me it was a problem getting the root, without which it is difficult to imagine the desired customization of the device.

I agree about the sound. Something reminded me of the old Soviet romantic cassette tape recorders.
Although here on mysku comrade, surprisingly, it was the sound quality that impressed: /blog/jd/46104.html (full link cuts)
So this is probably very subjective ... But in general, a little strange review.

Ruth has not yet tried to receive, because I have not decided yet to keep or donate / sell ...
In general, for the first five days of test operation, no glitches were noticed. Normal flight ...

Post has been editedAndreyYe - 07.11.16, 14:11
cross22
Message#60
07.11.16, 14:21
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1580
HomTom S99

AndreyYe @ 11/07/2016, 5:09 PM*
I agree about the sound. Something reminded me of the old Soviet romantic cassette tape recorders.

Radio without headphones is great to listen to if someone likes. There is sound quality behind the eyes.
Headphones, at least in mine, low frequencies appeared. Clearly heard the shortcomings of the tracks, no matter how funny. Though go to the flac. : roll:
The difference when using different players also became very noticeable.
A few words about cameras: much better than waiting. The rear was defined as much as 15.2 MP, frontalk 5.9. Spread here photo does not make sense, unless the links to hosting.
ZHPS on the street works fine, the window in the room is bad. There was an experience to overcome this problem on another device with MTC. When itches, I'll try.

Who will succeed with the root, lay out the algorithm, please. I found a way with my neighbors from the Kubot-Rainbow, but it did not fit.

Post has been editedcross22 - 07.11.16, 14:39
Voodu
Message#61
07.11.16, 21:58
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 647
Oneplus one

There was an experience to overcome this problem on another device with MTC
GPS from MTK is not enough when it pleases budgets, and all this is due to the frankly collective-farm implementation of antennas on such smartphones. Software methods give a result, which in most cases turns out to be only a temporary “crutch”, which must be constantly reigned.

--------------------
Cubot

73 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/18/19 9:42 PM