> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Choosing a TV for the Game Console | TVs comparison, review and more
Reliability my TV
Sony's me
no problem [ 8 ] ** [20%]
there are problems [ 2 ] ** [5%]
other brand [ 25 ] ** [62,5%]
I have a Samsung
no problem [ 14 ] ** [35%]
there are problems [ 3 ] ** [7,5%]
other brand [ 20 ] ** [50%]
I have a LG
no problem [ 14 ] ** [35%]
there are problems [ 1 ] ** [2,5%]
other brand [ 19 ] ** [47,5%]
I have a Philips / Panasonic
no problems, Philips [ 2 ] ** [5%]
there are problems, Philips [ 3 ] ** [7,5%]
there is no problem, Panasonic [ 0 ] ** [0%]
there are problems, Panasonic [ 0 ] ** [0%]
other brand [ 31 ] ** [77,5%]
I have a TCL / Xiaomi / other brand (general issue of the Chinese)
no problem [ 4 ] ** [10%]
there are problems [ 1 ] ** [2,5%]
other brand [ 29 ] ** [72,5%]
eat mushrooms, I watch the carpet (a little humor to dilute)
yes =) [ 6 ] ** [15%]
no = ( [ 3 ] ** [7,5%]
still has a TV [ 27 ] ** [67,5%]
Total votes: 40

Rep: (3344)
We will collect in this thread all the most interesting about TVs and monitors

Attached Image

Selection, comparison, reviews and more!

Top TVs rating
2016 September
1.Samsung UE40J5100 85.0 (75 ratings)
2.LG 42LF560V 90.3 (102 ratings)
3.LG 42LF650V 85.1 (94 ratings)
4.Sony KDL-40WD653 88.2 (56 ratings)
5.Samsung UE40J6200 84.2 (46 rating)
6.Samsung UE40J5000 83.7 (41 evaluation)
7.LG 42LF550V 84.7 (29 ratings)
8.Sony KDL-40W705C 90.2 (78 ratings)
9.LG 42LF620V 82.0 (77 ratings)
10.Philips 40PFT4100 89.4 (125 ratings)

The choice of TV for the price
Section in the process of filling.
Articles, reviews, comparisons
Useful
Old polls
  • TV survey survey
    Attached Image
  • TV or monitor
    Attached Image

Do not forget to use the search Picture
If a forum member gave good advice that helped in solving your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant Picture

Attention: request to active members of the forum, I want to create a feedback database from members of the forum on their TV models. In this regard, I will ask to participate in this process. Who has the time and desire to leave a review / review on your TV model (which suits / what does not, as an image from ps4, as colors and everything in that way). Posts will be added to the header. Let's make the choice of TV for beginners nicer and more informative together. Thank.

Attention: Please do not discuss the choice of cable in this topic. The question is listed in the header, section Useful. The difference in the quality of the cable does not depend on the price; it is not necessary to change the cable from the kit. Posts will be deleted without warning.

Important:
We read about fps and TV upgrades
and so long as to hang here. Console to the TV to get the minimum input lag-well and avoid "smearing" the image in the dynamics are encouraged to include "game" in the settings of the TV mode. Recommendation is not only most forums, but all the TV manufacturers. This mode disables all software algorithms to "improve" the image, such as a super contrast, jitter removal, etc. and etc. Why? Because these parameters at startup TV spending additional time and resources to process the signal from the console, as well as in TV are not 16-core processors, it takes time. Why is not suitable for the console? Because all the consoles makes and improves itself, it needs a TV as a tool to display an image and if I may say so static (that sent the console via a cable, the TV and shown on the screen). This eliminates or reduces to a minimum guaranteed delay output image, because responsible for everything a console, not a lot of TV models. Question for improvements / smoothness and fps. ALL "improve" TV do not increase the fps and can not influence it. FPS depends on the console and game developers. Example: if the game is locked at 1080p and 30fps, TV, even for a million dollars does not displays more than 30fps. Another thing is the TV can influence the input lag both for the better and for the worse. I think it depends on the escarpment TV. Now, why the TV with the "improvements" cool displays movies / YouTube and misses the game. Comrades, it is not comparable things. Game "makes" console and video content makes the insides of the TV that may affect it in a very good side.
upd: Find out what's on Improvements to different games and different eyes look different. To each his own so to speak. Thanks to everyone who supports the discussion.
A bit of reading from the Forum The choice of TV about the input lag
Feedback from our forumchanin about the work of "melting down"
Smooth image test with on. TV improvements from Chief_Mate # 1
Smooth image test with on. TV improvements from Chief_Mate # 2

Evening, I thought I tried to explain who would have constructive additions or examples from verified sources that I was mistaken about something, I would be happy to edit the header to understand the question. Sincerely.

Topics Curator: fnatic31

Post has been editedfnatic31 - 22.11.19, 00:23
Reason for editing: cap in the process of editing and adding information, wishes to write to QMS.

Rep: (1516)
In general, I looked in different modes this telly with quantum dots (in mvideo)). Of course the image looks super. But the curvature refracts the picture. On quantum dots without bending, I have not yet seen TVs. But the fact remains - quantum dots make the image more saturated and full of colors.

Rep: (898)
* SmokerMK,
Yes, it seems like no.

* Dyuss,
Did you turn the picture up or at maximum brightness only?

Rep: (33)
StasMan @ 09/30/2016, 17:31*
Yes, it seems like no.

Then this situation:
I want HDR ->need a 4K TV ->need a PS4 Pro ->you can safely add HDR support to the regular PS4 and not worry about its practical implementation, since still few people will use it ...
I'm trying to figure out if HDR can be revealed on a regular PS4 ...
It is very similar to the bike about the thesis, in which the phrase "And we will make the cathode out of wood, because anyway nobody reads up to this place" ...

* SmokerMK,
So for a regular PS4 and the HDMI version is not suitable for HDR10: russian_ru:

StasMan @ 10/01/2016, 18:01*
So with a regular PS4 and the HDMI version is not suitable for HDR10

Then Sonya could mean PS4 Slim (well, PS4 Pro, of course) when she talked about HDR support for all PS4 ...
Or even Sonya specifically “cunning” with this HDR ...
It’s not clear yet, in short ...

Where to read about HDR10? Speech about 10-bit HDR?

Post has been editedSmokerMK - 01.10.16, 19:40

Rep: (939)
in the slim version exactly the same hdmi 1.4 as in the regular one, only in the pro version hdmi 2.0
Here explain to me inthis tvIt is written that there is support for HDR, but everywhere it is written that hdr will only be in oled tv or in TV on quantum dots. So what is hdr there? Or is it marketing and pseudo hdr again?

Post has been editedwatso - 01.10.16, 19:25

Watso @ 10/01/2016, 18:12*
Here explain to me

I do not fully own the subject, but here are a couple of links:

http://www.lg.com/en/televisions/lg-49UH610V
http://tab-tv.com/?p=13717

In my NOT expert opinion, it turns out that the HDR Pro TV of your choice, which means that it can show HDR in hardware, but cannot realize it on the screen ... Some kind of mess, in short ... Counter-question: as an object, unable to display HDR, can be considered capable of supporting HDR in hardware?
And, most likely, I mean that you can submit HDR video to the input of a TV with HDR Pro (according to LG terminology) and the box will digest it, but it will not be able to display it in HDR, it will display in "normal" mode ...

Post has been editedSmokerMK - 01.10.16, 19:53

* watso,
Judging by the review of the neighboring LG UH850 series, televisions are very strange.
Wide Color Gamut Show Help: Yes
DCI P3 xy Show Help: 84.35%
DCI P3 uv Show Help: 90.68%
Rec 2020 xy Show Help: 61.85%
Rec 2020 uv Show Help: 70.62%

SmokerMK @ 10/01/2016, 19:07*
Where to read about HDR10? Speech about 10-bit HDR?

Overall yes, plus color spaceRec. 2020.
Read, hmm ...
http: //www.hdtvtest.co...y-hdr-201606214303.htm
http: //www.howtogeek.c...dr10-and-dolby-vision/
http: //www.displaydail...-hdr10-vs-dolby-vision

Post has been editedStasman - 01.10.16, 20:10

StasMan @ 10/01/2016, 19:03*
Read

Thank you, I will definitely look ...
I’m afraid to be aloof in this topic, but in my superficial opinion, Sonya “misled” us about HDR (I already have some doubts about the PS4 Pro, but let's hope that it’s groundless), HDR support “all” PS4, and at all...

* SmokerMK,
Until the real tests go, it’s all the pitchfork written on the water, we sit exactly :)

Rep: (1548)
Guys, did someone recently choose a TV stand? I can’t decide.

Rep: (0)
I want to buy a TV for PS4, which for the rest of the time I will use as a monitor for a PC.
Can anyone have experience operating a TV in this way?
Tell me what things you should pay attention to, but if you tell me a specific model I will be extremely grateful. : sveta:
In total I do not want to fly away for 30k

Rep: (1516)
* Mick33y
What diagonal do you need?

Rep: (1548)
I will continue about the sore, who has racks / stands for TV company Allegri?Allegri Breeze-2 1050

Rep: (1)
TV for PS4, which for the rest of the time I will use as a monitor

I strongly advise against using a TV (even expensive) as a monitor. The quality of the TV screens in this regard is none. You can grab a seizure from reading small text :)

For the prefix, Input Lag is important. With a normal lag of up to 30,000 p. just something completely unpretentious now you can take. For example,LG 42LF560V.

Rep: (493)
* Lapik MF,
I have a sonorous, open glass cabinet. The quality is excellent. On the glass, by the way, the technique does not heat up as much as on wood.

* Lapik MF,
Yes, order it somewhere; personally, they’re ready for me forever :)
Here is Ronikon bungled:
5.74MB
Attached Image

Rep: (939)
* Stasman , Audiophiles do not understand, front speakers and on the carpet, without spikes and marble!: happy:

Post has been editedwatso - 10.10.16, 21:18

* watso,
They are spiked, concrete under them: rofl:

No, nobody will put 30-bit matrices on TV, they will still remain 18- or 24-bit, and HDR content will be brought to “normal” before displaying. Just in the new format for recording color space, special transformations will allow you to encode the luminance component with a large number of bits. A special algorithm will convert the original signal to the "right" one for the TV, so that the picture will be more detailed at the same time, and will not lose in contrast.

Again cheating (paid beta test), what kind of people ...

Post has been editedStasman - 11.10.16, 15:33

Rep: (3)
pipets, the console about the iron you need to know more than the bakers, bits, lags ... keep in mind, over-crap for everything). Well and how interesting it is to find out which TV has an intutlag, to connect the curling iron to each in the store: D?
K
Have you come to troll the topic? Helpers are needed here, nothing to help?

Post has been editedgodraxe - 12.10.16, 14:16

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 14/12/19, 17:24