> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Choosing a TV for the Game Console | TVs comparison, review and more
TV & Monitor
What do you use for games on ps4?
tv [ 507 ] ** [83,25%]
monitor [ 84 ] ** [13,79%]
The type of matrix of your TV?
IPS [ 365 ] ** [59,93%]
VA [ 220 ] ** [36,12%]
Is my TV made of liquid metal?
No, I have a kinescope =) [ 15 ] ** [2,46%]
No, i have plasma [ 48 ] ** [7,88%]
No i have lcd [ 429 ] ** [70,44%]
No i have Qled [ 34 ] ** [5,58%]
No i have oled [ 62 ] ** [10,18%]
Matrix type of your monitor?
TN [ 61 ] ** [10,02%]
IPS [ 222 ] ** [36,45%]
MVA [ 38 ] ** [6,24%]
I have a TV [ 264 ] ** [43,35%]
Your screen resolution when playing
Hd [ 37 ] ** [6,08%]
FullHD [ 342 ] ** [56,16%]
2k [ 18 ] ** [2,96%]
4k [ 215 ] ** [35,3%]
Total votes: 609

Rep: (3316)
We will collect in this thread all the most interesting about TVs and monitors

Attached Image

Selection, comparison, reviews and more!

Sony PlayStation 4, Pro, Slim - Discussion

Top TVs rating
2016 September
1.Samsung UE40J5100 85.0 (75 ratings)
2.LG 42LF560V 90.3 (102 ratings)
3.LG 42LF650V 85.1 (94 ratings)
4.Sony KDL-40WD653 88.2 (56 ratings)
5.Samsung UE40J6200 84.2 (46 rating)
6.Samsung UE40J5000 83.7 (41 evaluation)
7.LG 42LF550V 84.7 (29 ratings)
8.Sony KDL-40W705C 90.2 (78 ratings)
9.LG 42LF620V 82.0 (77 ratings)
10.Philips 40PFT4100 89.4 (125 ratings)

The choice of TV for the price
Section in the process of filling.
Articles, reviews, comparisons
Useful
Old polls
  • TV survey survey
    Attached Image

Do not forget to use the search Picture
If a forum member gave good advice that helped in solving your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant Picture

Attention: request to active members of the forum, I want to create a feedback database from members of the forum on their TV models. In this regard, I will ask to participate in this process. Who has the time and desire to leave a review / review on your TV model (which suits / what does not, as an image from ps4, as colors and everything in that way). Posts will be added to the header. Let's make the choice of TV for beginners nicer and more informative together. Thank.

Attention: Please do not discuss the choice of cable in this topic. The question is listed in the header, section Useful. The difference in the quality of the cable does not depend on the price; it is not necessary to change the cable from the kit. Posts will be deleted without warning.

Important:
We read about fps and TV upgrades
and so for now hang here. A set-top box with a TV is recommended to turn on the “Game” mode in the TV settings in order to get the minimum input lag and in order to avoid “blurring” pictures in the dynamics. Recommendation not only of most forums, but also of all TV manufacturers. In this mode, all software algorithms for "improving" the image, such as super contrast, removing jitter, etc., etc., are disabled. Why? Because when you turn on these parameters, the TV spends additional time and resources processing the signal from the console, and because in TV there are not 16 nuclear processors, it takes time. Why is this not suitable for the console? Because the console EVERYTHING is done and improved by itself, it needs a TV as a tool for displaying images, and if I may say so static (that the console sent by cable, then the TV showed on the screen). This eliminates or minimizes guaranteed image output delays, as one console is responsible for everything, not a lot of TV models. Question on improvements / smoothness and fps. ALL TV “improvements” do not increase fps and cannot affect it. FPS depends on the console and game developers. Example: if the game is locked at 1080p and 30fps, the TV, even for a million, will not display more than 30fps. Another thing TV can affect the input lag for the better and for the worse. I think it already depends on the coolness of the TV. Now why is TV with "improvements" cool displays movies / YouTube and miss games. Comrades, these are not comparable things. The game is "made" by the console, and video content is made by the insides of the TV, which can affect it in a very good way.
upd: Find out what's on Improvements to different games and different eyes look different. To each his own so to speak. Thanks to everyone who supports the discussion.
A bit of reading from the Forum The choice of TV about the input lag
Feedback from our forumchanin about the work of "melting down"
Smooth image test with on. TV improvements from Chief_Mate # 1
Smooth image test with on. TV improvements from Chief_Mate # 2

Evening, I thought I tried to explain who would have constructive additions or examples from verified sources that I was mistaken about something, I would be happy to edit the header to understand the question. Sincerely.

Topics Curator: fnatic31

Post has been editedfnatic31 - 11.03.19, 21:50
Reason for editing: cap in the process of editing and adding information, wishes to write to QMS.

Rep: (98)
I have a LG middle peasant (42 "), I will not even mention the model, because there is nothing to brag about. I chose because of the price.
But a month after the purchase, he started shopping and gazing at the screens. So, my little advice: rolleyes:
When you choose a lg, samsung or philips that suits you according to the characteristics and price, be sure to check out the store to look at it. Then find in this store sony with the corresponding characteristics and compare it with it: yes2:

Rep: (1355)
why only for ps4? and how otalnye?

call the topic "choice of TV for a stationary gaming console" and render either a common "game room" or create a redirect on this topic in each thematic branch .... I’m for the second option - there’s no general except for one about the section and few people go there peeks ....

Rep: (274)
When you choose a lg, samsung or philips that suits you according to the characteristics and price, be sure to check out the store to look at it.

Only there is one BUT: often for marketing purposes, employees tweak the picture settings far from the best, in order to sell a certain model at a higher price, or just to make the new model stand out for the better, and take the remote and reset the defaults on all TVs and nobody will allow you to compare them, and even on one TV they won't allow it.
There was an experience when I dropped a setting on one of the tvs in the store, so he began to show a much better picture. And the TV was not a new model, but a new one was standing next to it, which initially looked noticeably better, so they began to show an almost identical picture. True for such a fraud, they did not receive a bit of a hat) The employee immediately began to reconfigure TV.

Post has been editedCraftsk8 - 23.09.16, 09:16

Rep: (888)
Craftsk8 @ 09/23/2016, 09:13*
But to take the remote and reset the default settings for all TVs and no one will allow you to compare them, and even on one TV they will not. =)

Allow, also run off at the console, they can even pull the telephones around the hall, but this is rare. At least in M.Video and Eldorado, I had no problems with it.Article 10. Information on goods (works, services)although it is vague, it makes the sellers do all this, because the information about how the TV works in the "Standard" mode, and how in the "Game" mode it is important.

Rep: (277)
Craftsk8 @ 09/23/2016, 09:13*
But to take the remote and reset the default settings for all TVs and no one will allow you to compare them, and even on one TV they will not.

Also faced with a similar. You want to demonstrate the function. And they answer "can not."
A year ago when I chose was important one function. The ability to send a picture from a smartphone and especially video on TV (AllConnect - Play & Stream), as well as sending from a NAS via a smartphone (I recommendServer Cast Chromecast / SmartTV) in order not to do it with the remote control, but from a smartphone, in order to watch what I downloaded, and not the TV broadcast. Super expensive with concave screens coped through one, and from the normal price category, the passport stated that there was a function but in fact nothing worked.
You put a specific task before the consultants, but they do not want to do anything and understandably. "Look at him, what a pretty one, the colors are bright, and you will look at the functions at home, you will not like bringing back." They even have no idea which of their TVs can be connected to the LAN. Go and look behind the screen in search of the port.
And the buyer has to, first choose in the store from that is in the picture. Then on site or at home, google all the parameters, then come back and get them to demonstrate, so as not to take what does not work. From the air, they all show, and you start to watch Smart functions pour in like students on exams.
I was not given a remote control, "look at the price tag there, all the characteristics are described," and there the price, model and inches. And then come to the aid of programs such asSmart IR Remote - AnyMoteand her like. Of course, if there is IR (infra-red) on the smartphone. True, in order to determine a suitable operating console, you will need to turn off the TV and turn it on with this remote control. And after a walk soul. You can explore the menu.

Rep: (1461)
I myself spent many hours reviewing and comparing televisions. And stopped at the latest generation of Sony TVs. Input lag, color rendering and special modes for PS4.
My advice to you: for Sony PS you need a Sony TV.

I would like to hear the owners of the newest 4K Sony TVs with HDR. As a picture on them in comparison with the others.

* Dyuss,
If nothing happened to me, then if the TVs that understand the HDR10 profile are still found, then they cover the Rec color space. 2020, with support for 10, 12, or 16 bit color coding in stores missing.
Those. Running now for HDR telecom to the store is just throwing money away.

Post has been editedStasman - 23.09.16, 12:38

* Stasman,
But due to the release of the console Pro, it makes sense to buy 4K TV.

I also propose to discuss in this topic questions on the acquisition of TVs for PS4. That is where it is cheaper to buy a good TV for the Playstation.

M
Usergodraxe appointed curator of this topic.

Dyuss @ 09/23/2016, 1:23*
But due to the release of the console Pro, it makes sense to buy 4K TV.

I kind of painted everything, there are no TVs on sale that will play HDR in such a way as it is currently conceived. All that is known about the PS4 Pro is support for HDR10, then a dark forest.
Buy now supposedly HDR TV with 8bpc and without Rec support. 2020 it makes no sense.
http://www.rtings.com/…ec-709-dci-p3-rec-2020
Judging by the table, the industry is now almost ready for DCI-P3, and before Rec. 2020 of the most full-fledged HDR (which is invented at the moment) is still sawed and sawed.

Attached Image

The smallest triangle (with black circles in the corners) is the color space of an ordinary HD TV. The one with more (with squares) is the DCI P3 color space, and the largest (with triangles) is the standard Rec.2020

Only here in the article the conclusion is not quite correct, in fact the industry is still reeling by these standards and what kind of TV you buy now and whether it will be just as good in 2 years is a big question.

Post has been editedStasman - 23.09.16, 14:00

* Stasman,
So I did not understand the difference with HDR and without HDR from those who bought PRO on these
http://www.sony.ru/ele...televizory?type=4k_hdr
Will HDR TVs be visible to the user?

Post has been editedDyuss - 23.09.16, 13:50

Dyuss @ 09/23/2016, 1:49 PM*
Will HDR TVs be visible to the user?

Well, Sony will try to make it noticeable, but if it will be HDR the devil knows, I did not find what color space the PS4 Pro supports. Sony 4K telephones generally support 80-98% of the DCI-P3 color space.

Post has been editedStasman - 23.09.16, 14:00

Rep: (1548)
Set (pictures / video) to check 4K TV when buying -link

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedgodraxe - 23.09.16, 21:32

Sony X9005B 55 –inch King of UHD LCD TVs

Rep: (27)
Good topic. I think in the near future and change the telly. And then my 40-inch Samsung is already eight years old. It seems to give a decent picture, but still it is a pension ..

Lapik [email protected], 10:43*
Sony X9005B 55 –inch King of UHD LCD TVs

The retired king, he is not HDR, the usual Rec.709 and 8bpc.
If now I want to "Sonivizor", then it is worth throwing 10t.r. and takeSony KD55X9305Cat least it covers 91% of the DCI-P3, this is an HDR step. Yes, and input lag is less than the pensioner, only 36ms (test Leo Bodnar).

* alex5075,
I personally will suffer another year, of course, it is not known what will happen with the course, but ...

Post has been editedStasman - 24.09.16, 15:39

* Stasman , an article old for 2 years to her. I looked in the summer towards Sonya. But it's expensive. Nominal from 90k.

Rep: (27)
I personally will suffer another year, of course, it is not known what will happen with the course, but ...

In general, I also do not burn, but new technologies are backing old ones. Wait until something cheaper - life is not enough. And it is short .. there will always be something new and better.

Post has been editedalex5075 - 24.09.16, 16:59

* Lapik MF,
For a beautiful and comfortable game do not mind a hundred.
It is a pity that TVs are now like smartphones - they quickly become obsolete and lose their manufacturability. You and I are not watching TV with them, that's why every advice on choosing a TV for PS4 is valuable.

* Dyuss, Well, you know. I’m not ready to change TV every 2 years, morally. Just like a telephone.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/06/19, 06:40