Assembly instructions [Ubuntu Touch] from source | translation of the official manual with additions
And whether it is necessary at all? Ubuntu Touch ...
Yes [ 241 ] ** [93,05%]
not [ 18 ] ** [6,95%]
Total votes: 259

Rep: (427)
terminal error check
Help? The first two Scrin is this normal?
Attached Image
Attached Image

And this is correct?
Attached Image

Post has been editedmitro2506 - 08.03.17, 10:13

Who do respond collected

Step by step with complete instructions in English portirrovaniyu
Assembly instructions ANDROID from source (Post fekz115 # 59285299)

The same instructions direct link to the Ubuntu website

Post has been editedmitro2506 - 13.03.17, 16:17

Rep: (28)
welcome, forum users, you can tell exactly where to throw the kernel source? For at the root folder with the source and there is no kernel is in this 'phablet (root) / bionic / libc' directory ... or is it something I do not understand?
And when downloading source there are plenty of mistakes "curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"

Post has been editedsergexb - 25.03.17, 08:32

Rep: (312)
* sergexb,
Kernel throw folder in the root of the source. It was originally not as no trees iskhami core.

Rep: (312)
qwert0987 @ 05.02.17, 12:27*
I personally took the firmware for Aquaris e4.5, flashed, and I left the kernel is compiled with its drivers. By stuffing my e4.5 and similar.

Are you sure this will work? I, too, MT6582, I first wanted to complete the build of the firmware, but then thought, for such a nucleus as it is necessary, I myself had already gathered. But something I am not sure that it prokanaet.

Rep: (449)
Is there anyone alive?)
There is a fully operational wood core and vendor for my device under CM11, 12, 13, 14 ... But there is a aosp. Download sources bubunty touch.
I have probably added the source display-caf, audio-caf, media-caf, ril-caf, device_quallcom_common of cyanogen or firmware, and so meet?

Rep: (6)
* rastomanchik,
them easier to add than to seek aosp counterparts.

I think the topic is no longer relevant,Ubuntu Touch fold together with Unity 8 .
Discontinued while onlydevelopmentSoon cease and support

It is necessary to collect and to make Debian a shell of gnome shell. In the mid-late July, try to attract people from all vpodryad forums.

Post has been editedPashkanin - 29.05.17, 13:49

Rep: (11)
* Pashkanin Officially Ubuntu Touch may be dead, but UBports It makes his unofficial builds for several flagship phones. So I think that Ubuntu Touch is not lost.

Post has been editedemptynick - 29.05.17, 22:01

Rep: (215)
The whole night sitting in front of a tree noutom.Kuril alteration topics and gather under yadra.Pytayus Snapdragon 200 Nokia X.Nokia officially by Google is not supported (Well understood as a direct competitor to Google is a macro). Separately collected core (pi ** ... about 4 chasov.Schas already 55% bubunty sortsy skachalos.Da way rekaveri managed zapustit.Pravda all errors that nothing is installed. But I would have opted for the Kali Nethunter, the topic of port android already have instructions.

Rep: (998)
so you do not collect anything here
I tried to collect 2 months, and things are out there
easier to assemble plasma mobile and not steamed

Rep: (14)
https: //docs.ubuntu.co...ing-ubuntu-for-devicesarticle on installing ubuntu touch, this instruction is suitable for mtk processor? 6752

* emptynick For ubuntu touch all is lost, however, alteration distribution under the phone less and less relevant. Now ubuntu back on for gnome, who had already been imprisoned, most under the tablet than a PC. I think 18.04 release will work on phones and tablets with minimal alterations.

Posted on 22.10.2017 10:27:

* mitro2506 , A little late, but ... make ARCH = ...

Posted on 22/10/2017, 10:29:

* sbot110 , not. I already wrote about ITC

* Pashkanin And could you pro https://ubports.com tell us something? My opinion on the contrary, that everything is going to the development of the OS, it is only available on a few devices and it looks interesting so far only for developers (and me).

Post has been editedemptynick - 22.10.17, 22:47
Reason for editing: clarified

* emptynick A couple of times on this site and everything went ... For developers, the OS is only interesting opportunity to develop something in it. : D
Ubuntu touch different from the ubuntu desktop only pre-DE, designed exclusively for smartphones, the presence of an app store designed specifically for phones and a set of software preinstalled.
Can be installed on the smartphone / PC any Debian distro and install it on all the listed software, there will be no difference.
8 Unity and Unity touch covered, ubuntu back on gnome (slightly crooked to stitch, yet). Now they will add to their assemblies for gnome patches, or will support it as well, given how much there is on any nishtyakov for gnome, there is no reason to support the project collapsed.
I think, to 18.04 will be enough good support to stitch, and perhaps a handy dialer.
So why mess around with a branch unfinished UT - ubports, if there is?

Post has been editedPashkanin - 23.10.17, 05:11

* Pashkanin Whereas in this case (with your words) is not clear why UBports continues to develop this operating system. I hope that this OS has some meaning, and so I kept watching their news on their website. If you mean to use solutions such as "Linux Deploy" or "Debian noroot", then I this method is not suitable, since in this way, though, you can get a desktop OS, but it will work through the truncated Linux'ovoe core Android, that for me means that there are some limitations in Android regarding GNU / Linux + additional space requirement in the memory of one more copy of the operating system and requires root access (in the case of Linux Deploy), when Ubuntu Touch as I understood from the root terminal initially available. Also, unlike in the Google Play Market Openstore spread application under the GNU GPL and does not require registration to access the applications that I really liked.

In general, I have it all high hopes, I am ready even to sacrifice them.

* emptynick ,: Rolleyes: all pasteareye...
Ubuntu touch is maintained, because this isstripped downubuntu desktop with full set of software (without any extra pieces like gparted, lightdm, allowing the use of different de, etc.) for use on smart phones out of the box. I mean, and led, there is no point in a stripped-down operating system (ubuntu touch), where a full ubuntu is now out of the box is de-enabled stitch and quite comfortable to use on a small screen, and prozholzhaet develop in the same direction (as, in fact, many other operating systems).
It is up porting the kernel driver assembly and the ability to work with udev.
By the way, ubports I did not find the repository ...
Linux deploy, debian noroot ... do not swear! I understand these frames directly in the kernel Ruth disabled? : Blink:

Post has been editedPashkanin - 24.10.17, 01:28

* Pashkanin , Well, wait - we'll see what comes out of all this. I have nothing more to add today.

Rep: (0)
Pashkanin @ 22.10.17, 10:25*
* Emptynick, all is lost, however, alteration distribution under the phone less and less relevant for ubuntu touch. Now ubuntu back on for gnome, who had already been imprisoned, most under the tablet than a PC. I think 18.04 release will work on phones and tablets with minimal alterations.

Lost, but that's just not yet all. As far as I gnome3 just less suited to that desktop that something mobile. After his rampant integration in most of the distributions I know developers remained at gnome2 or moved from full-time to gnome3 xfce, the last as I remember myself Linus mentioned that only the shell remained Useful in distro. Personally, I fell back on gnom2 in his time, though having felt this gnome3. IMHO not fly.

But ubuntu touch is relevant because there are full-fledged telephony applications (calls, sms, photos, mms, the right contacts directory) and is the first operating system for normal mobilnka. Yes, it is not without flaws, but you can fix them if desired. Capabilities of the OS yet unique: you can program your phone is supported by the convergence of and can run desktop applications, online access to the console, again, for whom this is important, and at the same time keep in touch not only Messager, email, SMS and telephone, but also by ssh, vpn and so on.
On gnome3 do not. So far he has a strange and uncomfortable, mobile features, and there is no run on heavy X server. Mir just developed as a lightweight.

Who respond to urgent maintenance of theme and Ubuntu Touch refinement!

* 0xaaa For me this topic is constantly relevant :). I would like to know more news about the OS and in Russian.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 25/11/19, 11:25