16.09.16, 18:46
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 908
Check in: 09.11.06

D-Link DIR-825AC - Discussion

A photo:
At the moment there are two hardware revisions of the device.
AuditE1 (E2)

Attached Image

AuditG1
Attached Image

They differ only in the number of antennas and the color of the LEDs.
Filling (CPU, RAM, Wi-Fi, Swich) are the same.
On the G1, the sensitivity of the radio path is better — they got rid of the loss = they reduced losses = they won in sensitivity.

Specifications:
Iron:
Chip: Realtek RTL8197DN 660 MHz
RAM:DDR2 64mb (Nanya NT5TU32M16EG-AC)
Flash:8Mb (16Mb for revision E2)
Wi-Fi:
- 2.4 GHz: RTL8192ER
- 5 GHz: RTL8812AR
Gb lan:Realtek RTL8367RB

Specifications:
• 802.11a / b / g / n / ac,
2.4 / 5 GHz frequency, the possibility of simultaneous operation in two bands
1167 Mbps (300 + 867)
• Supports MIMO 2 x 2
• Transmitter power: 18 dBm
• Antenna:
Revision E1: 2 fixed antennas 3 dBi each when working in two bands(5dBi if the access point of one range is working (the second is off)
Revision G1: 4 fixed antennas 5 dBi each.
Interfaces:
• WAN 10/100 / 1000BASE-T port
• 4 LAN ports 10/100 / 1000BASE-T
• USB 2.0 port

Indicators
• POWER
• STATUS
• WAN
• 4 LAN indicators
• WLAN

Buttons
• ON / OFF button for power on / off
• RESET button to return to factory default settings.
• WPS button for setting up a secure wireless connection and turning on / off the wireless network
Reviews:
Firmware:
official FTP with current release firmware for E1 revision (E2)
official FTP with the current release firmware for revision G1
Message №2733, author alexpodr
For Kyivstar locked G1 revisions
In the telegram there is a bot @dlink_rubot, distributing "night" firmware to most of the current models.
Firmware:
Q: "what is night firmware?".
A: The formula is simple: Last release + current cumulative edits for known issues.

Q: "How is the nightie different from the release?"
A: We must understand that this is a "draft". when a new nightie is made in it, something is right or optimized, but the firmware (as opposed to release version) did not pass the entire set of tests for internal and external compatibility. Drafts, on the other hand, are also correct. Yes, the risk of catching a glitch is higher, but "baubles and fiches" in nightie appear earlier than in releases.
What to use - you choose. In any case, on the Telegram channelD-Link_RUThere will surely be people who can help you with your question.

Useful links:
Known issues:
1. problems with some devices with simultaneous operation of 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks with devices
For compatibility with all implementations of "memorizing" profiles of mac networks, the addresses of access points are spaced apart. [/ I]

2. Incorrect display of Wi-Fi client speedConnection speed in the interface is displayed correctly ..

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.
Attention!!! If after upgrading to 3.0.4 there are strangers in wireless or speed, reset the factory settings and configure the router again.

Post has been editedstp101 - 16.04.19, 12:26
Reason for editing: Full dump from Kyivstar router 825 G1
INFLICTED
Message#2
19.09.16, 21:29
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 663
Check in: 18.02.08
Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1

Device arrived
Problems:
1) I can not see in the firmware 2.5.35 the connection speed of wi-fi clients connected to the device?
in the test firmware (2.5.39) added, however, the speed is not correct
2) It also does not display the connection speed by Lan
Found somewhere displayed: advanced port configuration
3) Well, in comparison with Zuksel, I would like to see the CPU load \ Ram \ Flash
4) There is no possibility to create a guest network.
added in test firmware (2.5.39)
5) The built-in DLNA does not read the mts format (video from a sony camera), although for example Twonky DLNA server (on WD MyCloud) reads normally
6) There are problems with some devices with simultaneous operation of 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks with devices that scan the wi-fi network instead of the network name (SSID) by MAC address (BSSID), of which
More here
Curved, but the solution is to install firmware 2.5.39, turn on the guest network.
You need to hide the main 2.4 GHz and the guest 5 GHz, then the main 5 GHz and the guest 2.4 GHz will be visible and workable! (And vice versa)
So you can get to see one of a pair of networks (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) with one BSSID (cross to cross).
By the hidden networks, while you can connect, but in manual mode, by typing the name and password. (Not for all devices obtained)
Passwords should be different, at least in 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks with one BSSID (within one or main or guest), and better all 4pe different passwords.

Post has been editedINFLICTED - 21.09.16, 08:22
INFLICTED
Message#3
30.09.16, 19:09
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 663
Check in: 18.02.08
Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1

Passed, took Zyxel Extra - no ac, but everything is stable and Mas'i different))
The story repeated 6 years later, D-Link was replaced after a couple of days by Zyxel))
The best enemy of the good, the price justifies the reliability!
Amen, created a theme and leave it))

Post has been editedINFLICTED - 01.10.16, 10:30
Cooci
Message#4
12.10.16, 16:14
₪₪₪₪
[offline]

Messages 744
Check in: 08.12.10
Oneplus 6 6GB RAM

I have been using this router for almost 1 year, I set it up once, and zashibok)))
Speed
Wi-Fi 5GHz
Tariff plan 300mb
Attached Image

Post has been editedCooci - 12.10.16, 16:54
Zbep
Message#5
17.10.16, 05:24
Local
[offline]

Messages 386
Check in: 19.11.08
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4/64

People, there are 2 D-Link DIR-825AC routers, each has a computer connected via cable and mobile phones via wifi.
It is required to set up a network between routers via Wi-Fi (a network, it’s all the same to the Internet).

No matter what I do, there is no network (un-ps do not respond, devices do not appear on the network).

I connect one to another, as a client.
That the client: in the WiFi / Client menu - sees another router and draws a green circle next to it (sort of like a connection indicator).
The one you connect to: in the Wi-Fi menu / List of WiFi clients - sees the router that connects to it.

All devices connected to the routers have different, static IP addresses on the same subnet.

As a result, I get 2 networks that are not connected to each other ..

those:
The devices of the first router see only those devices that are connected to the first router.
Devices of the second router see only those devices that are connected to the second router.

Ps
I tried the option with the additional configuration of wan, but the situation is absolutely the same.
I also tried to connect the D-Link DIR-825AC as a client to the D-Link DIR-655, but still (in the Web interface, the green circle lights up, but there is no network).

Post has been editedZbep - 17.10.16, 05:52

--------------------
zamboga
Message#6
25.10.16, 16:18
[offline]

Messages 1073
Check in: 20.06.08
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4/64

Cooci @ 10/12/2016, 2:14 PM*
Speed
Wi-Fi 5GHz Tariff plan 300mb

Is it on WiFi or LAN?
And how many customers?

--------------------
Motorola M3188>Mitsubishi Trium Mars>Siemens S45 + HP iPAQ 1940>Siemens S55>Siemens M75>Sony Ericsson S500i>Nokia e65>Nokia 5800>Nokia 6800>Nokia e65>HTC Desire>LG GT540 Optimus>Sony xperia acro s>Elephone P7000>Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 + Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
zamboga
Message#7
25.10.16, 17:57
[offline]

Messages 1073
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4/64

OpenWRT and DDwrt nobody canceled for them

Nudge, but by =)

No firmware for new DIR-825ac. There is only on the old DIR-825.

--------------------
Motorola M3188>Mitsubishi Trium Mars>Siemens S45 + HP iPAQ 1940>Siemens S55>Siemens M75>Sony Ericsson S500i>Nokia e65>Nokia 5800>Nokia 6800>Nokia e65>HTC Desire>LG GT540 Optimus>Sony xperia acro s>Elephone P7000>Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 + Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
valuxin
Message#8
25.10.16, 18:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 171
Check in: 14.03.09
Huawei P20 Pro CLT-L29

Nudge, but by =) There are no firmware for the new DIR-825ac. There is only on the old DIR-825.

DDWRT sources already have support for this router. And in general, what will the dissatisfaction be with you? :) It is clear what it may not do with Xiaomi, but D-link's are pretty good lately with lots of functionality.

Post has been editedvaluxin - 25.10.16, 18:15
zamboga
Message#9
25.10.16, 23:13
[offline]

Messages 1073
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4/64

DDWRT sources already have support for this router.

Throw plz link. I dug the site ddwrt, I did not find it. Everywhere only on old versions 825.

And in general, what will the stock not suit you? :)

Well, then Dunno, not yet looked at the stock. But usually the custom is always tastier with more interesting settings than the stock. That's why he is a custom =)

--------------------
valuxin
Message#10
26.10.16, 20:04
Local
[offline]

Messages 171
Huawei P20 Pro CLT-L29

Throw plz link. I dug the site ddwrt, I did not find it. Everywhere only on old versions 825.

There is support for iron - you need to assemble the firmware yourself. This model with speakers which, for developers, is calledDIR-825 E1.
Well, then Dunno, not yet looked at the stock. But usually the custom is always tastier with more interesting settings than the stock. That's why he is a custom =)

I looked at the stock on it and in fact there is everything you need: VPN server, torrent rocking chair, Samba and FTP, DLNA, UPnP, forward ports, configure routing, VLAN, IPTV and much more. Of course, I understand that there is complete freedom on the custom, but today manufacturers make normal stock. The most important thing for the user in the router - set up and forget. I think this model is worth giving a chance.
valuxin
Message#11
26.10.16, 20:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 171
Huawei P20 Pro CLT-L29

ZBEP @ 10/17/2016, 05:24*
No matter what I do, there is no network (un-ps do not respond, devices do not appear on the network).

Most likely, you have confluent IP addresses of the routers themselves - maybe they are the same for you.
Crazyzyb
Message#12
30.10.16, 12:23
Local
[offline]

Messages 296
Check in: 31.10.14

Valuxin @ 10.26.2016, 22:04*
There is support for iron - you need to assemble the firmware yourself. This model with speakers which, for developers, is called DIR-825 E1.

When someone collects and tests it, users will have an old junk router.
I don't like dd-wrt in general and its build in particular. Perhaps due to the fact that a couple of times got bricks. Good programmer was on hand.

From glitches in the current firmware: incorrect display of time with some settings.Decision:set as ntp server - time.google.com
Curve probros ports for nat. devices in LAN for remotes, including the DMZ does not help the specific device / address. I did not find solutions without crutches, I will not describe it.

PS: Old holes never closed in 2016! There are other bugs, but they are less significant.

Post has been editedCrazyzyb - 30.10.16, 12:24
Reason for editing: Spelling
Message#13
04.11.16, 18:57
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 40
Check in: 04.11.16

When connecting an external HDD to a router via USB 2.0 via wifi or at least via a gigabit LAN, will there be enough data transfer speeds to watch 4K movies on the TV? And then according to the scanned tests of this router, everything seems to be normal except for reading the HDD and transmission for 4K. or I'm wrong?
Crazyzyb
Message#14
05.11.16, 00:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 296

000191 @ 04.11.2016, 20:57 *
When connecting an external HDD to a router via USB 2.0 via wifi or at least via a gigabit LAN, will there be enough data transfer speeds to watch 4K movies on the TV? And then according to the scanned tests of this router, everything seems to be normal except for reading the HDD and transmission for 4K. or I'm wrong?

Xs, but I can check. Write what you want to know.
Message#15
05.11.16, 17:36
Novice
[offline]

Messages 40

I understand that this is not a "NAS" storage and you should not abuse the router in full, because it is, first of all, a router. With the exchange of various information, media between home devices, he will cope this is understandable. such as the role of "cloud" he will perform. One question remains, especially given its low price, namely:

External HDD is connected to the router (with several 4K movies on board). Suppose I want to watch a movie on 55 "4K TV in the evening (let it be connected via gigabit LAN to the router for stability). When I watch the movie, I deliberately do not use the router for other devices. Only transfer to TV set so as not to load the router's processor. I’ll have a separate media player to the TV set to be sure that the stream will be fully processed. QUESTION: What is the maximum read bit rate (5 Mbit / s or 50 Mbit / s) will the router handle from an external HDD? Does it depend on whether I can watch 4K or only Full Hd

For information on this issue I will be very grateful.

And I already wanted to take ZYXEL Keenetic Extra, although it is more expensive, but it seems that the reading speed in the reviews is higher, but I opened the forum and there are 17 pages with various problems. Or am I missing something?

Post has been edited000191 - 05.11.16, 17:38
Crazyzyb
Message#16
05.11.16, 20:47
Local
[offline]

Messages 296

000191 @ 05.11.2016, 19:36 *
External HDD is connected to the router (with several 4K movies on board). Suppose I want to watch a movie on 55 "4K TV in the evening (let it be connected via gigabit LAN to the router for stability). When I watch the movie, I deliberately do not use the router for other devices. Only transfer to TV set so as not to load the router's processor. I’ll have a separate media player to the TV set to be sure that the stream will be fully processed. QUESTION: What is the maximum read bit rate (5 Mbit / s or 50 Mbit / s) will the router handle from an external HDD? Does it depend on whether I can watch 4K or only Full Hd

I don’t watch movies practically, and I don’t have TV 4k, because there is no need. The router costs its money, I wrote about the problems above. Yandex dns extra link in the router, IMHO, well, monitoring the curve. That's all the nuances. Movie 4k swing is not a problem, but my monitor is also not 4k, so I can only theoretically calculate, but I doubt that in practice the numbers will have a match. What is stopping you to take with you to the store a cracker with 4k and check the router when you buy and / or call the mountains. line d-link? If you have any suggestions for verification - ready-made script, then write, I think I can take some time.

He left the zichels, put them before the clients, but Yandex and all derivative do not digest. My advice to you: if you want a good router, then you should not save, but I do not advise taking any asuses and others like the routers on the rialtek. Now I'll download this vidos:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ATf5wYY8HEand I will try to check what the usb gives out and whether the usb works at all, because it has never used it.

PS: After the post supplement.

UPD: One flash drive is not defined at all by the router in any FS, it is working 100%, and the second current in the veil. Checked on that vidos on a proof above, on a mine + VLS - video did not go at all, or went awry, errors, interruptions, etc. Well, sm took it out, but everything is extremely crooked.

Time is lost again. And wan reservation fell off and no longer works. D-link in one word.

This router is on the backup channel, so do not care about its quality. What was at hand, and then used. I would not buy equipment from this vendor, this is 100%.

Post has been editedCrazyzyb - 05.11.16, 21:28
Reason for editing: Post addition
Message#17
05.11.16, 22:54
Novice
[offline]

Messages 40

Thanks for the information.

Those. Do you even have a flash to handle any of the possible NTFS FAT32 EXT3? And how, if I take the hard drive with me, I can not check the whole thing in the store, I do not understand?
Crazyzyb
Message#18
05.11.16, 23:02
Local
[offline]

Messages 296

000191 @ 06.11.2016, 00:54 *
Thanks for the information.

Those. Do you even have a flash to handle any of the possible NTFS FAT32 EXT3? And how, if I take the hard drive with me, I can not check the whole thing in the store, I do not understand?

You are welcome.

Yes, but it is possible that this is the problem of my copy. It all depends on you / individually. Probably - configure the router, connect the screw and check ...
Message#19
06.11.16, 02:35
Novice
[offline]

Messages 40

I rummaged all types of routers again and found TP-link Archer C2 for myself (especially 3 TP-links are in different apartments and the norms have been working for a long time). Absorbs everything you need from D-link and ZYXEL exstra. and the price is not more expensive. I finally decided to hike: D

Post has been edited000191 - 06.11.16, 02:36
Crazyzyb
Message#20
06.11.16, 03:03
Local
[offline]

Messages 296

000191 @ 06.11.2016, 04:35 *
I rummaged all types of routers again and found TP-link Archer C2 for myself (especially 3 TP-links are in different apartments and the norms have been working for a long time). Absorbs everything you need from D-link and ZYXEL exstra. and the price is not more expensive. I finally decided to hike

In tipilinks, the loader is locked, EMNIP, which is not good.
Message#21
06.11.16, 03:21
Novice
[offline]

Messages 40

I do not fully understand what this can hinder me or how it will affect the work of the router? what's the catch?
D-Link

188 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/26/19, 19:40