HP OMEN 17 - Discussion | [Notebook] Windows 10 | 17.3 | i5-6300HQ | 8 | IEEE 802.11 b / g / n / a

Rep: (11)
HP OMEN 17-w013ur
Windows 10 | 17.3 "| Intel i5-6300HQ 2300MGts | 8Gb | Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n / ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2
Discussion | Windows ( 7 пїЅ | RT пїЅ | 8.1 пїЅ | 10 пїЅ ) | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Linux on UEFI пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ

Forum Rules | Rules of the section "Laptops and Tablet PCs" | How to clean the image under the spoiler

Attached Image

Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Classification

Device Type - Notebook
Operating system - Windows 10
Model - HP Omen 17-w013ur
Manufacturer's code - X5W68EA
Gaming laptop - yes

Appearance

The color of the top cover - black, gray

Housing and input devices

Body material - plastic
Design - a classic
Numeric keypad block - there
Backlit keys - there

Screen

Screen Type - IPS
Screen size - 17.3 "
Screen resolution - 1920x1080
Name format - FullHD
Pixel Density - 127.3 PPI
screen coating - glossy
3D screen - no
Touch screen - no

CPU

Processor Manufacturer - Intel
line of processors - Intel Core i5
Processor Model - Core i5 6300HQ
The number of processor cores - 4
Frequency - 2.3 GHz
Automatic increase in the frequency - 3.2 GHz
Cache L2 - 1 MB
L3 cache - 6 MB
Processor Architecture - Skylake

RAM

Type of RAM - DDR4
Frequency RAM - 2133 (2400) MHz
RAM Size - 8 GB
The number of slots for memory modules - 2

Graphic accelerator

View graphics accelerator - discrete and integrated
Manufacturer GPU - nVidia
discrete graphics card model - GeForce GTX 960M
Video memory type - GDDR5
Video memory - 4 GB
Model integrated graphics - Intel HD 530
CrossFire / SLI-array - no
Index of video Futuremark version - 5310

Data storages

Total volume of hard disk drives (HDD) - 1 TB
The total amount of solid-state drives (SSD) - 128 GB
SSHD drive (SSD buffer volume) - no
The configuration of drives - one HDD + SSD one
Spindle speed - 7200 r / min

Built-in additional equipment

Webcam - there
Extended Speaker System - Bang & Olufsen with 2 speakers, HP Audio Boost
Built-in microphone - there is
Support memory card reader cards - SD, SDHC, SDXC
Optical Drive - DVD-SMulti

Internet / data transfer

Wireless kinds of Internet access - Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi standard - 802.11 b / g / n / ac (2.4 and 5 GHz)
View Network Adapter (Ethernet) - built-in
NIC Speed ​​- 1000 Mb / s
Support for additional types of data transfer - Bluetooth 4.2

Interfaces / Connectors

Ports USB 2.0 - 1
Ports USB 3.0 - 2
Ports USB Type-C - no
Video Interfaces - HDMI
Audio interfaces - 3.5 mm jack (microphone / audio)

Nutrition

Battery Type - Li-Ion
battery capacity - 5500 mAh
Estimated battery life - 10 hours (in reality 5.5 hours)

Additional Information

Equipment - battery, power supply, documentation
Fingerprint scanner - no
Kensington lock - there

Dimensions, weight

Depth - 279 mm
Width - 416 mm
Thickness - mm 29.9
Weight - 2.85 kg
Drivers and Utilities
Reviews, reviews and comparisons
Useful information
pros
1. Powerful nout (4 core processor), a maximum acceleration to 2.8 GHz on the core, the aggregate performance of all 4 core is 11.2 GHz.
2. A good graphics card GTX 960M c 4 GB "on board"
3. Qualitative IPS matrix with juicy colors.
4. The system is loaded very quickly.
5. The sound of the speakers is very powerful. Software installed audio settings adjustment
5. Dvudiapazanny WIFI (2.4 and 5 GHz).
6. SSD Samsung 128 gb, I immediately his "reduce", t. To. Manufacturer recommends leaving unallocated space SSD in the amount of 10% of the volume of discs.
7. The second disc 1 tb HGST 7200 (ex Hitachi).
8. On the right side of the body has a power indicator and operation indicator SSD.
Minuses
1. Display brightness is optimal only at 90%. Anything less seems to be very dark. In the transition to 100% of the screen becomes very (in my opinion), bright, t. E. A very sharp increase in yakosti. The graphics performance settings can dig, but they do not help much.
2. Red keyboard keys. Turning on the red backlight improves their perception, but would like to have more.
3. Inability to adjust the brightness of the backlight and keypad backlight color changes.
4. SSD drive Samsung recording speed of 140 megabytes. Reading 510 (information taken from the manufacturer's website). Actual record 128, reading of 410. The service life is not known.
5. Stated work battery 10 hours. At 100% charge and Unplugging supply plug from the socket, battery time shows 5 am 26 minutes.

The official response on the RAM

Post has been editedNik2001Nik3006 - 16.09.17, 16:11

Rep: (11)
There was a question: Is it possible in this laptop keyboard to adjust the brightness of the backlight? I can not find the utility. There are only a button on / off. backlight.

Rep: (5)
AndreiyArh

I am waiting for delivery almost the same (w010ur), before the purchase was trying to find at least some reviews since, in the end found only in English until it was not hp, on youtube there are detailed reviews, and how many did not look anywhere there was no information about the backlight adjustment . I think this can not be solved at the level of software if the hardware does not provide: /

Rep: (30)
guys so anywhere and did not find an answer, two strips of 16GB will or not? Thank.

Rep: (1381)
Someone managed to direct the cooling fan of the nouta under Kubuntu 16.10 AMD64? Well, or at some other Linux at least?
When you update the BIOS utility InsydeFlash.exe spins under windose cooling as I have not seen on this Toshiba - means Softovaya can be controlled. But how?

Rep: (113)
And it really make out the memory to replace the warranty does not fell off?
In general, where the thread have a video showdown?
Hunting add memory, at least two strips of 8 shove.

ostapenko1983 @ 26.09.16, 16:50*
guys so anywhere and did not find an answer, two strips of 16GB will or not? Thank.

I called the official teh.poderzhu, but the HP Omen 17-w027ur. They said that a maximum of 16GB, but on different forums write that a maximum of 16GB, so I would not take a chance and buy just 2 strips.

Rep: (30)
In general, the situation is that you can put a bar on the 16th and one at 8. At foreign forums so only children and work. Two of 16 do not start. Although it was a long time ago. After that came out two to update bios, it can be fixed a. It is not clear, because the iron it needs to keep up to 64GB, as stated in support of proca. And on account of disassembly, disassembled in the same way as the 15 inch model, the lid otscholkivaetsya after unscrewing the screws and removing the cdrom, which does not exist in the tag. That's how it was.

Post has been editedostapenko1983 - 06.02.17, 12:03
Reason for editing: Error

First official response:
Your laptop model can be equipped with two types of memory: DDR4-2133 or DDR4-2400, but working at low frequency DDR4-2133.
The fact that the processor is installed on the Intel Core i7-6700HQ laptop supports a maximum memory type DDR4-2133 and he is not able to operate with greater frequency memory -https://ark.intel.com/...M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz
As regards the expansion of RAM on a laptop, the HP does not involve changes to the hardware configuration. The maximum stated amount of memory - 8 GB. The equipment does not cover the service and the opening of the laptop case will result in loss of warranty equipment.
Second official response:
Service centers are not authorized to modify (upgrade) of equipment. In addition, a series of laptops OMEN - 17-w0xx supports up to 16 GB of RAM -http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05356862(Page 2). The memory work influenced many other components, not just the processor. Nevertheless, we can not guarantee that your laptop model in memory 16 GB will work. HP warrants only work correctly with memory capacity 8 GB -http://support.hp.com/ru-ru/document/c05363475
The answer from the forum:
http: //h30434.www3.hp....AM/m-p/5969047#M380404

Why am. Set 64GB or 32GB, I would not recommend it, and 16GB is more than enough, but put yourself I would advise only when the warranty ends.
The model I have a little bit different laptop (HP Omen 17-w027ur) but it differs only by the processor. Now service centers tyrkat can see if they change to guarantee preservation. While no results.

* Gon6ika,
That's about the memory is very interesting, thank you.
If there are changes - necessarily write.
And so, while I wait for the end of the warranty, there either the tuck memory or when.

Who else observed the appearance of dead pixels in obscene amounts when dealing with closed or veiled (8 cm between the upper edge of the lid and the front edge) cover?
I emerald deposits (mostly) appear on the right side of the screen, and a bit at the bottom left, too. After opening the cover, they disappear with time.

Post has been editedS-trace - 14.02.17, 16:10

S-trace @ 14.02.17, 16:09*
Who else observed the appearance of dead pixels in obscene amounts when dealing with closed or veiled (8 cm between the upper edge of the lid and the front edge) cover?
I emerald deposits (mostly) appear on the right side of the screen, and a bit at the bottom left, too. After opening the cover, they disappear with time.

I have nothing of the kind.

nothing of the kind is observed

Rep: (0)
Hello. Dead pixels is not observed

Rep: (0)
Break off the plastic cover when opening DVD rum. where to get?

Today my laptop tried to kick the bucket.

Symptoms: black screen with backlight, operates cooling. When you press the buttons to control the load corresponding inscription appears at the bottom of the screen. Download anywhere does not happen, too, does not go into the BIOS. The power button reacts off.

I restored it with the help of flash BIOS by holding the keys WIN + B and the inclusion of laptop with holding the power button to 3..4 seconds - in this case appears BIOS Update screen begins flashing BIOS saved on disk with updated versions.

Possible cause - I immediately before experimenting with the Linux boot via EFI stub and create multiple boot records long enough parameters. Perhaps, the NVRAM simply overflowed, and the BIOS was unable to garbage collection.
The Internet more than once came across descriptions such okirpichivshihsya laptops, and now he was faced with a similar.

Although, I still got off relatively easy. But still open the beech and subtract BIOS chip programmer will have to (in order to avoid, so to speak).

Rep: (14)
I have a HP OMEN 17-w208ur processor model 7300HQ hope 16 + 16 questions will not arise?

Rep: (2)
* S-trace, no problems with sticking keys in games?
I have a younger brother (15.6 inches), and often, in any games, no matter which button if the sticks, "unstuck" when pressed again.

iSona @ 09.07.2017, 02:35*
* S-trace, no problems with sticking keys in games?

I noticed sticking.
But the CTRL + SHIFT + letter I have not always prozhimayutsya reason (

Rep: (1)
iSona @ 09.07.2017, 02:35*

Try changing the settings in the control panel, special features. Somewhere there is a key combination and setting off sticking.

Rep: (2)
* makp, it is turned off, but I'll try to experiment with the "shutdown sticking by simultaneously pressing the" thank you.
But* S-trace this can help
makp @ 10.07.17, 17:41*
Try changing the settings in the control panel, special features. Somewhere there is a key combination and setting off sticking.
Attached Image

Post has been editedstp101 - 14.09.17, 12:18
Reason for editing: Spoiler

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 19/09/19, 00:52