Dell XPS 15 9550 - Discussion | [notebook] windows 10 | 15.6 | core i7 2.6ghz | sixteen

Rep: (3)
dell xps 15 9550
windows 10 | 15.6 "| core i7 2.6ghz | 16Gb
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ
Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Specifications
I7 6700hq / 16gb / 512gb / gtx960m
additional information

Friends, did anyone solve the keyboard timeout issue? Where can I set the time? The default is 10 seconds. Very little. I would like to put 1-2min, or even turn off auto power off.

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 19.07.18, 10:04
Reason for editing: Windows 7x64 on the Dell 9560

Rep: (0)
Friends, did anyone solve the keyboard timeout issue? Where can I set the time? The default is 10 seconds. Very little. I would like to put 1-2min, or even turn off auto power off.

http: //en.community.de...ptop/f/3518/t/19665141
here they write about a certain Dell Feature Enhancement Pack Application 2.2.1, A00 (~ 22MB)
On my own, I completely disabled it through the BIOS so that I did not wave.

For those who will take the budget options for this model. I took 9550-2334 mainly for the lack of a 4k screen, a touchscreen and the presence of 2 screws. There are no complaints about the laptop. M.2 connector works without problems with NVMe + PCIe (for example, Samsung 950 Pro), a regular HDD is connected via SATA. Everything is easily removed / replaced. In discussions on the NM, they write that, if necessary, the battery can be replaced with an extended one by hand, displacing the second screw (HDD). I didn’t climb to it myself, but there shouldn’t be any problems visually with it - all the bolts / ports in sight are unscrewed without problems.
In the discussions, I found one complaint about the loud operation of the HDD. She is heard, but not that much. And if it is used as a storage without constant reading / writing, then there is no noise. Purely subjectively there is nothing terrible in him, a quiet soft sound.

If anyone is going to install Linux there, then immediately install the assembly with the 4th core. With 3rd they simply do not get up on M.2 (for example, work with NVMe was added only in the 4th). I got Debian Testing (which will be 9th) without problems in Legacy mode with the bootloader installed on the M.2 screw.

Post has been editedVeryGoodGuy - 28.10.16, 10:31

Rep: (109)
Are there really so few owners that there is no discussion?

Judging by the price category, most likely not enough. The price of simple configs goes for 140k, and with a dopilka it is more than 200. Probably the buyers of such beeches, for the most part, just not sitting on the forums :)

Post has been editedVeryGoodGuy - 14.12.16, 08:54

Rep: (2)
I would love to discuss something, mostly I'm interested in extending battery life, I have a version with a 4k screen. More recently, the multiplier was locked tightly, miraculously dropped after reflashing the BIOS.

I ordered a version with a 4k display and after that I read on the Internet that on dell xps 15 laptops (FHD and UHD) there is a problem in the form of a very slow display response (ghosting)
If there are owners of these laptops - how are you with the response of the display?

In general, I got a device - the 4k display has a bit weak responsiveness but within normal limits.

The first thing I came across is wifi is terribly slow, I / O speed ~ 1Mbps. Played with a power profile - set maximum performance, was able to pull I / O ~ 5Mbps.

Now I'm trying to download fresh drivers and test

Rep: (9)
The question is to those who disassembled this laptop. My left speaker stopped working, can I really fix it myself? how complicated is everything replaced there? I’m afraid to go without advice, it’s not an option to bring to the workshop, I’m in a country where, unfortunately, this is difficult.

Posted on 04/25/2017, 17:10:

Eyexal @ 04/11/17, 08:06*
If there are owners of these laptops - how are you with the response of the display?

I have no problems with the response, everything can quickly be a little slower than on my Tab S2.

East1 @ 04.25.17, 16:06*
wifi is terribly slow

In almost all reviews on this laptop, there are 3 main "small" disadvantages:
- noise under load;
- problems with wifi;
- weak built-in speakers.

I took this year's model (9560) to replace the Asus N76VZ multimedia. The noise in the work is comparable, so this is not annoying.
Having located both laptops side by side, I found that wifi speed is about 10 times lower on Dell than on Asus. The piano in the bushes came in handy here. A signal repeater was bought last year. With Asus, it was useless, and in this case solved the problem. Signal loss (roll off), also mentioned in the reviews, has not yet been observed.
The speakers sound clumsy, but loud :)

About ghosting. The picture and text are noticeably blurred when the screen refresh settings are 60 Hz, this is not observed at 40 Hz.

Dell XPS 15, Windows 10 Pro.
Actually, I decided to set the scaling “for myself” on a 15 ”4K display and start at 100%. After moving the corresponding slider, Windows said that it had nerves (error) and needed to reboot. During the reboot, it turned out that the error was serious and without recovery Not only that, the "recovery" on the hard also turned out to be damaged / useless ...

Dell offers at least three options for system recovery: from your own backup (has not been done), from the Windows image for a specific model using the service code (can be found on the bottom cover of the laptop) or using the Recovery & Restore utility. The latter, alas, did not help.

The image proposed on the site, theoretically, contains in addition to Windows and all the necessary drivers. However, after the system was restored, the firewood did not become on the wifi module, and a discrete video card was never found at all .. After the recovery, the programs from the manufacturer also preinstalled on the new laptop were not found. This is all optional and then handles.

What else ... Fans started to run at lower loads. Those. initially at web surfing the laptop was completely silent, now it rustles quietly .. If you have any ideas what this is and how to fix it, I will be excessive ..

In general, I poyuzal my xps 15 9560

Display - a little noticeably ghosting. for 4k display norms.
wifi - decided. I didn’t even understand what exactly fixed this moment - now everything is working fine.
The noise of the fans under load is quite normal. It's just that people are outraged thinking that there should be no noise behind such an expensive laptop.

Faced a new problem - if you work on the battery, then the intel graphics card is involved. At this moment, sometimes the display blinks (something programmatically fails). They are discussing it vigorously on the Internet, a possible solution - cutting down the Dell color premier application - seems to have helped, but sometimes the display blinks all the same.

Post has been editedeyexal - 31.05.17, 13:28

Rep: (109)
If anyone is interested, I’ll give an impression of my working version with a 4k touch screen display and a hard drive.
expectations as a kind of portable likeness of ultrabooks were shattered about the harsh reality of autonomy. 4 hours maximum is about nothing, therefore, from the office, I finally stopped making the device even on weekends and holidays.
They say that the version with ssd and extended battery situation is much better ...

ps I understand that for a hypertonicity it is necessary to take xpc13, or even something on intel, but here the working copy is not for my money and with hyperbolic advertising statements, so I decided to speak up)
Zs.2 flicker of the screen was defeated by lowering the BIOS. basically no other complaints, except perhaps weak speakers

In less than a year of use, 57.4% remained from the battery (horror!), While a sparing mode was used for a long time ... Autonomy was not high anyway, now it's two hours ...

Rep: (11)
If anyone is interested, I’ll give an impression of my working version with a 4k touch screen display and a hard drive.
expectations as a kind of portable likeness of ultrabooks were shattered about the harsh reality of autonomy. 4 hours maximum is about nothing, therefore, from the office, I finally stopped making the device even on weekends and holidays.
They say that the version with ssd and extended battery situation is much better ...

ps I understand that for a hypertonicity it is necessary to take xpc13, or even something on intel, but here the working copy is not for my money and with hyperbolic advertising statements, so I decided to speak up)
Zs.2 flicker of the screen was defeated by lowering the BIOS. basically no other complaints, except perhaps weak speakers

Are the speakers really terrible there? And there are such problems -https: //www.youtube.co...h? v = B5_4AqJymQ4 & t = 127s

Rep: (24)
The guys should take a model with I6300hq and UHD. Does the processor normally pull such a resolution in the browser and office mode.?

who needs assembly and disassembly instructions in Russianhttps://mcgrp.ru/files/viewer/166674/81

I use a 4K screen with 1TB SSD 32Gb memory and a TB16 docking station plus a wide Dell U3415W monitor. There are no special complaints (I'm a programmer, not a gamer). In principle, everything is convenient and smartly working, one time after leaving the power saving mode, the external monitor refused to wake up. I decided dell utility for Dell monitors. (I turned it off in the system and turned on the power on the monitor in the utility and it worked), the problem appeared after some kind of update from Dell. It may have already disappeared, did not check.

when I bought the first thing I took off the back cover and checked how convenient it is to blow coolers, after a year you can’t do without it (the bitter experience of this hemorrhoid on poppies and other microsoft surfaces, where you need to peel the screens or disassemble them to the very guts or learn to pay for the service turn to look at the convenience of service). We unscrew 10 bolts and here they are coolers, blow and close (maximum 10 minutes for everything). I bought an extended service from Dell (they repair it locally within 24 hours practically all over the world), until it was needed, but from a friend they somehow came home, replaced the connector (pulled out stumbling).
Compared to the same MacBook Pro, I liked this Dell more. The only thing I would like more is power or Type-C with magnets, in order to connect to the docking station without sticking the connectors. I solve this problem with such a magnetic adapterhttps: //www.indiegogo ... b-c-magnetic-adapter#/
It’s convenient that in the BIOS you can configure the computer to wake up when accessing it via WiFi (I need to work on RDP). In short, in terms of money, it is comparable to a poppy of this class with the best characteristics (memory size, SSD, Video, etc.) for the service far surpasses (I consider Dell service as one of the best I know), for service convenience it is much more convenient.

Rep: (11)
RusMikle @ 07/20/17, 16:13*
who needs assembly and disassembly instructions in Russianhttps://mcgrp.ru/files/viewer/166674/81

What kind of screwdriver is needed, for some reason it is not written there, like T5 or T6

Rep: (26)
Greetings! Model 9550-7920 1Tb HDD + 32 Gb cache SSD. Do you think that an independent replacement of ssd with a more capacious one and moving the system there will result in the loss of the manufacturer's warranty? Can someone have experience applying for a guarantee after such an upgrade?
Thank.

Good day. I have in use the model 9550-2340: 15.6 "1920 x 1080 matte, Intel Core i7 6700HQ 2600 MHz, 16 GB, 512 GB (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, 84Wh. Recently, a pronounced bug appeared after connecting to the network the beech hangs and reboots. This does not happen right away when connected, but a little later in time. Has anyone encountered such a situation?

Rep: (24)
Do you replace ssd with a more capacious one and transferring the system there will result in the loss of the manufacturer’s warranty?

As they say on iXBT, this does not affect the warranty.

Do you think this is enough for rendering / processing video blogs?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/25/19, 09:34