Asus RT-AC55U | [wifirouter]

Rep: (3398)
ASUS RT-AC55U - Discussion

A photo:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Description:
The ASUS RT-AC55U router is perfect for wireless Internet distribution at home or in the office. The work of the model is provided in two bands - 2.4 and 5 GHz, and Wi-Fi supports the standard 802.11ac, while the data transfer rate is up to 1167 Mbps. Two USB ports allow you to create an infrastructure between different network devices: a printer, a scanner and a removable data storage, or use them to connect a 3G modem. On the front panel there are eight status indicators and a USB 3.0 port, on the back there are four LAN ports, an Internet connection port and a USB 2.0 input. The ability to place the device horizontally or vertically, removable antennas, excellent ventilation and the WPS button create additional functionality for comfortable work with the device. Setting up the model ASUS RT-AC55U is carried out through a proprietary software shell ASUS. The expanded, but at the same time clear menu allows you to maximize the efficiency of debugging the utilities necessary for the device to work.
Specifications:
Supported Network Standards
IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IPv4, IPv6
Product Segment
AC1200 enhanced AC performance: 300 + 867 Mbps
Coverage
Medium homes
Data rate
802.11n: up to 300 Mbps
802.11ac: up to 867 Mbps
Antenna
Detachable dipole antenna x 2
* Antenna type will differ according to local regulations.
Transmit / Receive
MIMO technology
2.4 GHz 2 x 2
5 GHz 2 x 2
RAM
128 MB Flash
128 MB RAM
Operating Frequency
2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
Encryption
64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPS support
Firewall & Access Control
Firewall пјљ SPI intrusion detection, DoS protection
Access control пјљ Parental control, Network service filter, URL filter, Port filter
Management
UPnP, IGMP v1 / v2 / v3, DNS Proxy, DHCP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, DMZ, System Event Log
WAN Connection Type
Internet connection type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
WAN Bridge support
Multicast Proxy support
Multicast Rate Setting support
Ports
RJ45 for 10/100/1000 / Gigabit BaseT for WAN x 1, RJ45 for 10/100/1000 / Gigabit BaseT for LAN x 4
USB 2.0 x 1
USB 3.0 x 1
Button
WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button
Features
SmartQoS
- WMM
- User definable rules for IP / MAC / Port
- Upload and download bandwidth management
- ACK / SYN / FIN / RST / ICMP with highest priority
Parental control
Guest Network: 2.4 GHz x 3, 5 GHz x 3
VPN server: IPSec Pass-Through, PPTP Pass-Through, L2TP Pass-Through, PPTP Server, OpenVPN Server
VPN client: PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client
Enhanced media server (AiPlayer app compatible)
- Image: Jpeg
- Audio: mp3, wma, wav, pcm, mp4, lpcm, ogg
- Video: asf, avi, divx, mpeg, mpg, ts, vob, wmv, mkv, mov
AiCloud personal cloud service
3G / 4G data sharing
Printer server
- Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- LPR protocol support
Download Master
- Support bt, nzb, http, ed2k
- Support encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
- Upload and download bandwidth control
- Download scheduling
AiDisk file server
- Samba and FTP server with account management
Dual wan
IPTV support
Led indicator
Power x 1
LAN x 1
Wi-Fi x 2
USB x 2
WAN x 1
WPS x 1
Power supply
AC Input: 110V ~ 240V (50 ~ 60Hz)
DC Output: 12 V with max. 2 A current
OS support
Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit
Windows 8 32-bit / 64-bit
WindowsВ® 10
Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit
WindowsВ® 8.1 32-bit / 64-bit
Windows 2000 32-bit / 64-bit
Windows ME
Windows XP 32-bit / 64-bit
Mac OS X 10.x or higher
WindowsВ® Server 2003
WindowsВ® Server 2008
Mac OS X 10.6
Mac OS X 10.7
Mac OS X 10.8
Mac OS X 10.9
Mac OS X 10.10
Linux Kernel (Support Ubuntu only)
Linux
Dimensions
207 x 148.8 x 35.5 ~ mm (L x W x H)
Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedSithmaul - 30.03.17, 16:47

Rep: (3)
Hello, tell me how to fix it. Router ac55u. After updating off. firmware via the web interface Download Master has stopped working. After updating it, it earned. But a couple of days ago, access to it was stopped through what through the web interface, what through the application on the phone. Well, even if it didn’t work through the application, it would be possible to sin on the version of the application. But it doesn’t even come through the web interface. Is it really a jamb of flown firmware? And now just wait for someday to be corrected.

Rep: (1)
My printer stopped printing after the last firmware that came, sees the printer but writes disabled.

Rep: (0)
Gentlemen, I have the same problems, the usb modem does not see.
Does anyone have the penultimate firmware?

Fordeni @ 02.20.18, 13:39*
Does anyone have the penultimate firmware?

Before installing the latter, there was a warning that it would not work to roll back. I don’t know if it is.

I found it on the offsite
ASUS RT-AC55U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50018
Please note: this version enhanced the security mechanism. RT-AC55U upgrade to this version cannot downgrade to the previous firmware.

Why do this (non-rolling firmware)? What would run for new devices or what? I was disappointed at ASUS. It’s good that before that, kinetics had been bought as a repeater, although I was able to quickly throw screws on it and set up the transmission.

Volvox3000 @ 02.20.18, 16:58*
Please note: this version enhanced the security mechanism. RT-AC55U upgrade to this version cannot downgrade to the previous firmware.

Actually, on the Russian version of the site, this is not a word at all, it will not work out!

Fordeni @ 02.20.18, 14:13*
Actually, on the Russian version of the site, this is not a word at all, it will not work out!

I took it from the Russian version of the sitehttps://www.asus.com/r...55U/HelpDesk_Download/. Have you tried to roll back by flashing through the computer?

Firmware for the previous version does not work, says that the wrong firmware. Dancing with a tambourine does not help. On the new USB firmware, the modem does not work, it is not even detected, as if it was not there. If anyone solved the problem, describe the solution

* Olegat99,
Have you tried resetting to factory settings using the reset button? I have hope so far only for this. I have not tried it myself.

Tried the same thing

Rolled back to the previous firmware through recovery mode and the printer is working again. That's just somehow for a long time it gets dumb after being sent to print.

What the hell. Dropped through the button to the factory. I deleted the old DownloadMastera (DM) files from the hard one. Configured a router, installed DM. At the end of the installation, he suggested going to the DM page. I went over, set the path for the downloaded files, everything works, the program started up from the phone. But after a couple of attempts to update the download speed, the program again lost access to DM. I went through the web to the router and what I saw - DM is not installed, although its files are on the hard. OK. Again manually deleted his files from the hard. Again installed DM. It starts up through the web on DM once, just in time to set the jump path and then stops letting it go. As a result, I still have a DM program running on my phone and allows me to upload and watch speed. But in the web interface of the router it is displayed as if the DM is not installed. I decided so far not to touch anything if I will download from my phone. And my extra 2 kinetics disappointed me, it turns out there you can’t turn off the download speed limit.

Posted on 02/22/2018, 09:22:

* kulibin007,
So all the same, you can reflash indicating the path to the firmware? And what then does the warning say that you can’t roll back?

Rolled back to the previous firmware through recovery mode and the printer is working again. That's just somehow for a long time it gets dumb after being sent to print.

And tell us in more detail how you rolled back and the previous firmware

Thank you all, I restored the previous firmware FW_RT_AC55U_30043808126 through ASUS Firmware Restoration, everything worked with a bang. Instructions for flashing attached to the utility. And also on the ASUS website. Interestingly, the USB modem itself connected to the Internet on the machine. practically did not have to configure anything.

* Olegat99,
And be sure to connect the router to the provider, as it is written in the instructions, did you connect? And then I have a socket provider at the front door, and the computer in the room.

I did not connect to the provider because I live in a village and work only through a USB modem. I plugged the cable from the computer into the yellow connector, set up the network as written in the instructions indicating ip and the gateway and requested it. Then I disconnected the cable, stuck it in the USB modem and there would be happiness.

For some reason, this router does not give out WiFi in the 2.4 range.
In the settings, all by default
http://prntscr.com/ijk3ke

But if you turn off the 5GHz range, then the devices do not see the access point in the 2.4 range

Where to dig? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Found a reason. It looks like either something with the antennas or with a wiring to the antenna connector. He distributes 2.4, but so weakly that the phone only takes it if it is attached to the router.

Post has been editedalgot - 25.02.18, 22:53

How to disable auto-update firmware?

For this router, the firmware does not automatically update, as I understand it, but when a new firmware is released, an exclamation mark appears in the upper right corner of the main menu. When you click on the firmware number in the main menu at the top of the main menu, I see the indication in the menu where you can manually update the firmware.

Posted on 02/26/2018, 9:22 PM:

For this router, the firmware does not automatically update, as I understand it, but when a new firmware is released, an exclamation mark appears in the upper right corner of the main menu. When you click on the firmware number in the main menu at the top of the main menu, I see the indication in the menu where you can manually update the firmware from the Asus website.

Please tell me there is an ASUS RT-AC53 router. Earlier, when there was no Internet, it clung directly to the computer and the speed was as follows: D ~ 90 U ~ 85, the tariff (100mb) after I purchased this router I connected it with a wire to the computer as well, but now the speed test shows D ~ 90U ~ 1.5 and other devices that join in this wi-fi show the same speed test D ~ 45 U ~ 45 what could be? where to drip

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 07:06