15.08.16, 10:31
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1179
Check in: 10.10.07
Asus zenfone 5

Werwolf696 @ 08/15/2016, 09:19*
And what are the competitors of Windows? Linux? So under it neither games nor normal software. Makos-under makos there is software and games, but poppies are not cheap

1. In the 90s, Vinda’s competitor was OS / 2. By the way, it was at this time that Microsoft released the most buggy software called Win 9X. (Thank God for the release of Win 2000, this nightmare is over.)

2. In the 2000s, Microsoft began to compete ... with itself! For example, closer to the second half of the 2000s, Microsoft was faced with the task of torpedoing Win XP. This problem was solved using Win 7.
By the way, Windows Vista was quite a normal system. Only here Microsoft inertia released it for perspective powerful iron and it worked poorly on the old hardware. And users voted against such a decision in dollars: why shell out on the OS and another new hardware, if everything works fine on Win XP and on the old hardware ?!

In a word, it is not profitable for the beloved company to produce good, bug-free OSs.
If you release Win 95 aka junk, you can always keep a carrot in front of donkey users, sitting on a ridge of them: “Win ​​95 is buggy? So buy Win-98. Bought! What, and Win-98 is buggy? So buy Win Me ! "
Alas, ad infinitum, this did not work out for small-scale ones.
On a normal OS like Win XP, Win 7 (and maybe Win 10), users will sit for 15-20 years!

3. Mac OS never had any direct competition for OS or hardware. Since their Macs could only be installed on Mac OS.
They just had to create an army of their zombies, which, with varying success, was done through the iMac, iBook, iPhone. Now it is done through the "ecosystem"!
But Apple had to do good OS and hardware. This is so that zombies do not change the platform!

4. Now as a ridiculous rival, Microsoft has weakly loomed ahead of Linux.
The kernel for 22 years in Linux did great. And now they are slowly writing the binding for this core.
There are already some excellent, localized for any language, graphical shells for PCs of any performance.
The office for Linux was a long time ago (OpenOffice, LibreOffice). Already have version 1C-Enterprise for Linux.
Developed, programs and utilities for scanners, drivers for printers and printing system, etc.
Is it only with Adobe products is not all smooth. But there are not so many designers in the general PC world. They are simply not enough.

Also pleased with the trend in enterprises.
I will say about your company. The last time we massively bought Win 7 and Office 2010 for the enterprise PC.
And now this decision has actually been made: after the time comes to change Win 7 and Office 2010, we’ll switch to Linux not on Win 10!

And the games? It seems that now Microsoft only on games and keeps.
But for us at work games for workplaces are strictly strictly forbidden for some reason.

Post has been editedmkudritsky - 15.08.16, 10:33

--------------------
teXet X-Basic, Digma Platina 7.1 LTE, Asus Zenfone 5 LTE, PocketBook 626 Plus
Sh_8000
Message#22
15.08.16, 10:55
a guest
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 0
Check in: 18.06.16

Mkudritsky @ 08/15/2016, 10:31*
Since their Macs could only be installed on Mac OS.

For a long time, the Windows are quietly put on the poppy
werwolf696
Message#23
15.08.16, 10:58
Very polite
[offline]

Messages 376
Check in: 07.09.10
Apple iPhone 6s

. In the 90s, Vinda’s competitor was OS / 2.

Well, that was a long time ago and the T-shirts won, including because of the stupidity and short-sightedness of YBM. IMHO.
Only here Microsoft inertia released it for perspective powerful iron and it worked poorly on the old hardware.

On the new, too, was not ice.
On a normal OS like Win XP, Win 7 (and maybe Win 10), users will sit for 15-20 years!

I agree. From 7, I still have not tears for a long time despite the fact that 10 goes without problems.
Since their Macs could only be installed on Mac OS.

Not only. I personally put the Windows on my MacBook, I got up like a native. Now another bootcamp added to use 2 OS. Iron is screwed.

About Hakintosh heard? Googling if interested.

And the games? It seems that now Microsoft only on games and keeps.

Including them. Profits from the sale of games and donat games are huge. Most games are made under Windows.
But for us at work games for workplaces are strictly strictly forbidden for some reason.
Well, your work is not the whole world. In general, games and work are not always compatible, so the measure is correct. By the way, I would also ban the social network. It seems like Steam under Linux is there?

Post has been editedwerwolf696 - 15.08.16, 11:12

--------------------

Dark iPhone Corp... download

... אפל iPhone קורפKeeeek (s)[/ b]
werwolf696
Message#24
15.08.16, 11:06
Very polite
[offline]

Messages 376
Apple iPhone 6s

I read the manual for installing Linux on Linux .. I smoked :)
http://help.ubuntu.ru/wiki/wot

Do not look under the spoiler :)

Site
Forum
Documentation
User Documentation
Official documentation
Login / Register
Community
Download Ubuntu

World of Tanks (WoT). Installation and configuration instructions
Content

World of Tanks (WoT). Installation and configuration instructions
Introduction
System requirements
Installing current video drivers
Method 0 - installation from PPA wine (recommended)
Method 1 - installation from the patched PPA
Method 2 - Compile Source
Getting the source and training
Source Patching
Build package and installation
Instructions for compiling in 64 bit OS
Method 3 - use playonlinux or CrossOver
Setting up Wine and installing the game
Ways to start
Tips
Run replays
Installation of delenemeter (xvm mod)
Accelerating WOT
Bugs and their solution
Remarks
Conclusion
Links

Introduction

The instruction is written on the basis of the official article. Will help by copying commands to speed up the configuration process. The configuration was carried out on a machine with the following configuration:

Hardware:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4670 @ 3.40GHz (4 Cores), Motherboard: ASUS Z87-DELUXE, Chipset: Intel 4th Gen Core DRAM,
Memory: 6144MB, Disk: 1000GB Western Digital WD10EADS-00L + 120GB KINGSTON SV300S3,
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1024MB (850 / 2100MHz), Audio: Realtek ALC1150,
Network: Intel Connection I217-V + Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless

Software:
OS: Ubuntu 13.10, Kernel: 3.11.0-12-generic (x86_64), Desktop: Unity 7.1.2, Display Server: X Server 1.14.3,
Display Driver: NVIDIA 304.88, OpenGL: 4.2.0 NVIDIA, Compiler: GCC 4.8, File-System: ext4, Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

System requirements

The computer must meet the system requirements listed on the official website.

Minimum system requirements:

Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / 7/8
Processor (CPU): 2.2 GHz
Random Access Memory (RAM): 1.5 GB for Windows XP, 2 GB for Windows Vista / 7
Video adapter: GeForce 6800 / ATI X800 with 256 MB of memory, DirectX 9.0c
Audio card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Hard disk space: 16 GB
Internet connection speed: 256 Kbps

Recommended system requirements:

Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / 7 64-bit / 8
Processor (CPU): Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz / AMD Athlon TM 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz (or better)
Random Access Memory (RAM): 4 GB (or more)
Video adapter: GeForce 260 / ATI HD4870 (or better) with 1Gb (or more) Video memory, DirectX 9.0c
Audio card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
30 GB free hard disk space
Internet connection speed: 1024 Kbps or higher (for voice chat)

AsWest writes:

WoT Will work without dancing with a tambourine under ATI / AMD only with these video cards:

Evergreen RadeonHD 5000 series AMD DRI, xorg
Northern Islands RadeonHD 6000 series AMD DRI, xorg
Southern Islands RadeonHD 7000 series AMD DRI, xorg

justification here
Installing current video drivers

Before starting the installation of the game, you need to install proprietary video drivers from the manufacturer.

Instructions for nVidia: Installing and configuring nVidia drivers
Instructions for AMD: Drivers for AMD video cards
Instructions for Intel: Intel Graphics Card Drivers

Method 0 - installation from PPA wine (recommended)

There is a PPA with an official and prepared one for ubuntu. In this case, the recompilation is not required, using standard Ubuntu tools for working with packages.

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa: ubuntu-wine / ppa && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install winetricks aria2 wine1.7

Next, go to the section Configuring Wine and Installing the Game.
Method 1 - installation from the patched PPA

There is a PPA with patchs already applied to improve performance. Disable-dynamic-vertex-buffers3.patch, perf-heap-alloc.patch, disable_stateblock.patch. In this case, the recompilation is not required, using standard Ubuntu tools for working with packages. Packages for ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10 32/64 bits are currently uploaded to the repository.

Owners of ati cards after applying a patch sometimes have textures that turn into monotone (usually gray) polygons. In the open area more often in the city - less. But the performance of the game increases.

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa: ubuntu-wine / ppa && sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa: wineforwot / ppa && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install winetricks aria2 wine1.7
sudo apt-add-repository --remove -y ppa: ubuntu-wine / ppa && sudo apt-get update

You can set the wine staging benefits.

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa: pipelight / stable && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install - install-recommends wine-staging wine-staging-compat && sudo apt-get install winetricks

Fixme

Method 2 - Compile Source

You can compile the sources yourself and get the Wine package deb.

Patches and instructions apply to Wine 1.5.22. This instruction is for 32-bit systems.

Getting the source and training

Connect the PPA with the latest versions of Wine:

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa: ubuntu-wine / ppa
sudo apt-get update

Install the packages needed to build Wine from source:

sudo apt-get install winetricks dpkg-dev aria2 libosmesa6-dev
sudo apt-get build-dep wine

For Ubuntu 12.10, before running the sudo apt-get command, build-dep wine must install the following packages:

sudo apt-get install libsane-dev libtiff5-dev

Uninstall previous versions of Wine:

sudo apt-get remove wine1.4 wine1.5 wine

Download Wine source codes:

cd ~ / Downloads
apt-get source wine

Source Patching

Before installation, you must apply patches to the source codes in order to fix some errors in the work of WoT under Wine.

cd ~ / downloads / wine1.5-1.5.22
wgethttp://magaziny.ru/fil…-vertex-buffers2.patch
patch -p1<./disable-dynamic-vertex-buffers2.patch
rm ./disable-dynamic-vertex-buffers2.patch

For owners of AMD video cards, it is recommended to also apply the following patch:

wgethttp://magaziny.ru/files/1.5.11/radeon.patch
patch -p1<./radeon.patch

The Radeon patch clears the freeze that occurs before entering the hangar (usually either during login or password input or immediately after it). zaraza5 says that since Wine 1.5.19, a patch for Radeon is not needed.
Build package and installation

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b
cd ..
sudo dpkg -i wine1.5-i386_1.5.22-0ubuntu1_i386.deb wine1.5_1.5.22-0ubuntu1_i386.deb wine_1.5.22-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
sudo apt-get install -f
sudo sh -c "echo wine1.5-i386 hold | dpkg --set-selections"

The patched packages of wine, wine1.5, wine1.5-386 are created from the same version as in the repository. The last command blocks the automatic update. You can remove the lock with the command:

sudo sh -c "echo wine1.5-i386 install | dpkg --set-selections"

Instructions for compiling in 64 bit OS

The above instruction is for 32bit. But this is what we managed to collect on the Internet for compilation in 64-bit systems:

Instructions for the 64-bit system from DrHamlet
option from zaraza5 for WoTFLIX
Official Ubuntu documentation in English Building 32-bit Wine on a 64-bit (x86-64) system, Ubuntu
In Russian Build 32-bit Wine on a 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 system

Method 3 - use playonlinux or CrossOver

Installing World of Tanks in PlayOnLinux. Installation and configuration instructions in 14.04, PlayOnLinux

Crossover linux

Setting up Wine and installing the game

rm -r /home/$USER/.wine
export WINEARCH = win32 WINEDLLPATH = ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks WINEDLLOVERRIDES = "msvcp110, msvcr110 = n, n" && wineboot
winetricks d3dx9 vcrun2008 corefonts msxml6 wininet ie8
winetricks ddr = opengl orm = fbo videomemorysize = 1024 strictdrawordering = enabled

1024 change to the size of the memory of your video card. At least 512 is recommended. To find out the memory size of your video card, do the following:

nvidia-settings -q 0 / VideoRam | grep [0123456789]

Downloading the game and installation:

cd ~ / Downloads
aria2c --seed-time = 0http: //redirect.wargam…/latest_web_install_ru
wine WoT_internet_install_ru.exe

After starting the launcher, you must disable the use of torrents. wrench at the window control buttons. otherwise it will produce an error.

The game will be updated, log in with a password and exit the game to create a config. The game will start with on-screen mode. After the first launch, we clean up, set the environment variables, set the command in fullscreen mode in the config:

rm -r WoT_internet_install_ru.exe ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / Updates /*.*
echo "export WINEDEBUG = -all WINEDLLPATH = ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks WINEDLLOVERRIDES = 'msvcp110, msvcr110 = n, n'">>~ / .bashrc && export WINEDEBUG = -all
sed -i s / "<windowed>"\\ ttrue /"<windowed>"\\ tfalse / ~ / .wine / drive_c / users / $ USER /" Application Data "/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml && \
width = $ (xrandr --current | grep "*" | awk '{print $ 1}' | sed s / x [0-9] * //) && heigh = $ (xrandr --current | grep "*" | awk '{print $ 1}' | sed s /^.* x //) && \
sed -i s / "<fullscreenWidth>"\\ t [0-9] * /"<fullscreenWidth>"\\ t $ width / ~ / .wine / drive_c / users / $ USER /" Application Data "/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml && \
sed -i s / "<fullscreenHeight>"\\ t [0-9] * /"<fullscreenHeight>"\\ t $ heigh / ~ / .wine / drive_c / users / $ USER /" Application Data "/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml

We start the game from the desktop, in the settings we reduce the detail and enjoy. The End. :-D
Ways to start

During the installation, I indicated to put a shortcut on the desktop. In the below command, replace yurau1 in two places with your username.

env WINEPREFIX = "/ home / yurau1 / .wine" wine C: \\ windows \\ command \\ start.exe / Unix / home / yurau1/.wine/dosdevices/c: / users / Public / Desktop \ Table / World \ of \ Tanks.lnk

Fixme

You can run differently:

cd ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks && Wine WOTLauncher.exe

If you have a video card with Optimus technology, install Bumblebee and start the game with the command

optirun wine WorldOfTanks.exe
#or
bumblebee wine WorldofTanks.exe
#or
primusrun wine WorldofTanks.exe

Tips

You can enable full screen mode with one command after the first launch of the game. The current resolution used is determined automatically:

sed -i s / "<windowed>"\\ ttrue /"<windowed>"\\ tfalse / ~ / .wine / drive_c / users / $ USER /" Application Data "/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml && \
width = $ (xrandr --current | grep "*" | awk '{print $ 1}' | sed s / x [0-9] * //) && heigh = $ (xrandr --current | grep "*" | awk '{print $ 1}' | sed s /^.* x //) && \
sed -i s / "<fullscreenWidth>"\\ t [0-9] * /"<fullscreenWidth>"\\ t $ width / ~ / .wine / drive_c / users / $ USER /" Application Data "/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml && \
sed -i s / "<fullscreenHeight>"\\ t [0-9] * /"<fullscreenHeight>"\\ t $ heigh / ~ / .wine / drive_c / users / $ USER /" Application Data "/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml

As an advice. In order not to interfere with other applications, it is recommended to play on another desktop. You can move between desktops with Ctrl + Alt + arrows.
If the installation and configuration fails and you want to start again from scratch, you can delete the vine with the following commands. For Vine assembled and installed from source:

cd ~ / downloads / wine1.5-1.5.22
sudo make uninstall

if there is no source folder for deleting anything collected from sources. new files will be overwritten with old ones. and to remove the package:

sudo apt-get remove wine wine1.5

Next, remove the residues:

rm -r ~ / .wine
rm -r ~ / .cache / winetricks

the menu can be not deleted. but if you want it described here.

Run replays

At the command prompt:

wine ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / WorldOfTanks.exe replays / 20121011_2334_ussr-IS_19_monastery.wotreplay

or

wine ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / WorldOfTanks.exe ~ / Downloads / 13889316636710_china_Ch23_112_asia_miao.wotreplay

Run replays in nautilus. First, we will generate the startup file:

cat>~ / .local / share / applications / launchwotreplays.desktop<<EOF
[Desktop Entry]
Name = World of Tanks
Exec = env WINEPREFIX = "/ home / $ USER / .wine" wine C: \\\\\\\\\ windows \\\\\\\ command \\\\\\\\ start.exe / Unix / home / $ USER / .wine / dosdevices / c: /Games/World_of_Tanks/WorldOfTanks.exe
Type = Application
StartupNotify = true
Path = / home / $ USER / .wine / dosdevices / c: / Games / World_of_Tanks
Icon = 7680_WoTLauncher.0
EOF

Then add associations to the extension. in the file ~ / .local / share / applications / mimeapps.list in the [Added Associations] section, add the line application / x-wine-extension-wotreplay = launchwotreplays.desktop; This operation is performed by the following 3 commands:

if! [-a ~ / .local / share / applications / mimeapps.list]; then touch ~ / .local / share / applications / mimeapps.list; fi
if! grep -q "\ [Added Associations \]" ~ / .local / share / applications / mimeapps.list; then echo "[Added Associations]">>~ / .local / share / applications / mimeapps.list; fi
if! grep -q "x-wine-extension-wotreplay" ~ / .local / share / applications / mimeapps.list; then sed -i "s / ^ \ [Added Associations \] / \ [Added Associations \] \ napplication \ /x-wine-extension-wotreplay=launchwotreplays.desktop/" ~ / .local / share / applications / mimeapps.list ; fi

Now you can open the park with replays in the nautilus and open replays with a mouse click. Open the folder with replays: Alt + F2

nautilus ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / replays

To open the Enter key in the popular mc file manager, you need to add a reaction to the .wotreplay extension. This can be done with the following commands:

if! [-a ~ / .config / mc / mc.ext]; then cp /etc/mc/mc.ext ~ / .config / mc / mc.ext; fi
sed -i "s / ^ ### Default ### / # wotreplay \ nshell \ /. wotreplay \ n \ t \ tOpen = gvfs-open% f \ n \ n ### Default ### /" ~ / .config / mc / mc.ext

Opening firefox from wotreplays in the browser

Fixme
Installation of delenemeter (xvm mod)

The instructions apply to version xvm-5.4.0.1 of the WoT 0.9.3 patch.

Download and installation:

cd ~ / Downloads
wgethttp://dl1.modxvm.com/bin/xvm-5.4.0.1.zip
unzip ~ / Downloads / xvm-5.4.0.1.zip -d ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks

Setting the standard delenemeter:

We include configs:

cp res_mods / xvm / configs / xvm.xc.sample res_mods / xvm / configs / xvm.xc

Font patching

winetricks lucida

Enable hits

sed -is /^.* lines \ ":. *" 0 "/ \" "lines" \ ":" 5 "/ ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / res_mods / xvm / configs / default / hitLog. xc

include pings

works in wine1.6

ln -s / bin / ping ~ / .wine / drive_c / ping.exe
sed -i s /^.* enabled \ ":. * false / \" "enabled" \ ":" true "/ ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / res_mods / xvm / configs / default / login.xc
sed -i s /^.* enabled \ ":. * false / \" "enabled" \ ":" true "/ ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / res_mods / xvm / configs / default / hangar.xc

display statistics in 4-digit format

for i in battleLoading.xc playersPanel.xc statisticForm.xc; do sed -i s / xwn8 / wn8 / g ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / res_mods / xvm / configs / default / $ i; done

inclusion of a review square on the minimap

sed -i s /^.* enabled \ ":. * false / \" "enabled" \ ":" true "/ ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / res_mods / xvm / configs / default / minimap.xc

tanks in a hangar in 2 rows

sed -i s /^. rows \ ":. * 1 / \" "rows" \ ":" 2 "/ ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / res_mods / xvm / configs / default / carousel.xc

Accelerating WOT

There are several ways:

Increase the priority of the running process. After starting the game, this is done by the renice command:

sudo renice -n -7 $ (pgrep worldoftanks)

The priority -7 is set because it is interpreted by the system as “high”, if you put more “very high” that it would be wrong for the client application to give. The program uses one core for 100%. A significant acceleration of the priority increase does not.
Run WOT in a clean X session. Load into text mode (if the system boots automatically then hold the left SHIFT, the menu appears, press e, in the kernel load line instead of quiet splash or next to the space, type the word text, then press ctrl + x). log in, then command

xinit

A graphical command line appears. Create a startup script:

echo "cd ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks && WOT WOTAauncher.exe">wot.sh && \
chmod + x wot.sh

Turn on the sound:

sudo gpasswd -a $ USER audio

Run:

./wot.sh

My graphics accelerated from 18-20 to 30-35 fps at very high settings.
You can disable the issuance of debugging messages wine. To do this, set the environment variable WINEDEBUG = -all:

echo "export WINEDEBUG = -all">>~ / .bashrc && export WINEDEBUG = -all

You can speed up by switching wot to 2 cores. We start tanks then:

taskset -pc 1-2 `ps ax | grep -v grep | grep worldoftanks.exe | awk '{print $ 1}' `

For whom this command does not work, try replacing WorldOfTanks.ex instead of worldoftanks.exe.
Remove all mods. Disable effects. Lower the level of detail graphics.
For Nvidia video cards, you can disable glsl:

winetricks glsl = disabled

you can return it back with a command

winetricks glsl = enabled

By default, the processor frequency is reduced and increased as needed to save electricity. But you can turn on the processor at full capacity. The number of threads is determined automatically:

sudo apt-get install cpufrequtils
for i in $ (cpufreq-info | grep "analyzing CPU" | cut -f 3 -d "" | sed s /: //); do sudo cpufreq-set -c $ i -g performance; done

you can return it back

for i in $ (cpufreq-info | grep "analyzing CPU" | cut -f 3 -d "" | sed s /: //); do sudo cpufreq-set -c $ i -g ondemand; done

you can see the current settings with the command

cpufreq-info | grep "current CPU"

You can read an article about speeding up wine and try one or more tips.http://wiki.winehq.org/Performance
If you have an NVidia video card, then go to the nvidia-settings tab in PowerMizer. There in Preferred Mode should be Prefer Maximum Performance.
If you have KDE with effects enabled, increasing FPS will disable them before running WoT. This can be done by pressing Alt-Shift-F12. The effects are turned on and off with the command:

qdbus org.kde.kwin / KWin toggleCompositing

Use compressed textureshttp://animech.ru/wot/textures/ .

sudo apt-get install p7zip-full
unrar x ~ / Downloads / AHuMex_Textures_25_v2.8_0.8.4.rar ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / res / packages
cd ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks / res_mods / 0.8.4 / && mkdir packages && cd packages
wine cmd
C: \ Games \ World_of_Tanks \ res_mods \ 0.8.4 \ AHuMex_autoinstall_0.8.4_only.bat

The size of textures for 25% will change from 8GB to 3.9GB.

Fixme

Pingovka servers. You can ping the server in order to select the server with the least delay. The list of servers is presented on the wiki. To simplify the selection, you can ping the server using a script. Create a pingwot.sh file with the following contents:

echo "Russian servers:"
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8; do echo "======================= Server $ i ==================== == "; ping -c 4 login.p $ i.worldoftanks.net | grep rtt; done
echo "European servers:"
for i in 1 2; do echo "======================= Server EU i ==================== == "; ping -c 4 login.p $ i.worldoftanks.eu | grep rtt; done

make it executable

chmod 744 ./pingwot.sh

and run. Next, when downloading, select those servers that showed the smallest ping.
It is better to disable IPv6, which, when not used and not configured, causes unnecessary problems:

if! grep -q ipv6.disable = 1 / etc / default / grub; then sudo sed -i s / "quiet splash" / "quiet splash ipv6.disable = 1" / / etc / default / grub; sudo update-grub; fi

Reboot.
For hybrid systems, performance is improved if you run like this

vblank_mode = 0 primusrun wine

Bugs and their solution

When you start the game in a clean X session, there is no sound. The sound is turned on by including the user in the audio group:

sudo gpasswd -a $ USER audio

When launched in full screen, the Unity panel is visible. Just switch to WoT with Alt + Tab. or it may be necessary to restart the game.

During the game, a Windows error pops uphttp://saveimg.ru/show...a06d9551d3bccd2254618d. In the err: d3d: resource_init Out of adapter memory logs. Try to set the size of your video memory correctly:

winetricks videomemorysize = 1024 && \
sed -i s / "<textureQualityMemoryBlock>"\\ t3000 /"<textureQualityMemoryBlock>"\\ t1024 / ~ / .wine / drive_c / users / $ USER /" Application Data "/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml

Less than 512 is not recommended. even if you have 256.

When saving the changed graphic settings, the game crashes. You can manually edit the graphics settings in the preferences.xml file.

gedit ~ / .wine / drive_c / users / $ USER / "Application Data" /Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml

If something is wise, you can delete this file, when you start the game, it will be created with the default settings. The path to the preferences.xml file on different systems and versions of the game can be different. You can find it with the command:

find ~ / .wine -name preferences.xml -type f -print | grep. -m 1

If anyone does not go into battle, remove the mods.
After starting the game in windowed mode, the mouse disappeared. - press Alt + Tab several times to select the wine program and the mouse will appear.
KDE desktop with desktop effects included. When you start - a white screen, there are sounds. Solution from tesla_gentoo: System Settings → Desktop Effects → Advanced → Disable graphic effects for fullscreen windows. Set tanks to full screen.
xUbuntu 13.04 tanks start with a black screen .. I hear the sounds of the hangar, enters there, switches tanks, and the screen is black. Solution from zaraza5: open the wine settings (ie, winecfg) and on the “Graphics” tab I will uncheck “Allow the window manager to manage the Wine windows”
The hangar is locked after pressing the Alt key. Press Alt again.
Launcher does not update the tanks. gives an error message. after the restart process is repeated. Solution: turn off the use of the torrent session in the settings launcher. wrench at the window control buttons.
I can not write anything in the chat. the keyboard is locked. switch to english. usually Alt + Shift.
In patch 8.11, some textures in the hangar and in combat are light violet. decision:

winetricks strictdrawordering = enabled

fonts in statistics statistics xwm by pressing the Tab key. need to install the desired font. the desired font is described in the battleLoading.xc file. for example, in my case, the Jova mods require the Lucida Console font. unzip it to the folder ~ / .wine / drive_c / windows / Fonts. Or just install winetricks lucida.
wine error: Call from 0x7b83da9e to unimplemented function msvcr110.dll .. is treated as follows: Install Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012. Then winecfg - Libraries - msvcr110 (third-party). Or you can download the library from here. Install in Windows, copy to the system32 folder and register in wincfg. Or another way. These libraries are in the game folder. You can set the path to them export WINEDLLPATH = ~ / .wine / drive_c / Games / World_of_Tanks WINEDLLOVERRIDES = "msvcp110, msvcr110 = n, n".
After the game, the browser interface is hung (firefox, chrome). It is necessary to complete the session and enter the desktop again.
If the sound has become spoiled in WoT, then the problem is that the PulseAudio sound server tries to process the audio streams, putting itself in too rigid frames and the PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC = 60 parameter helps before launching the game.
For users of amd cards, after turning on the extended graphics, a black hangar is shown. In this case, you must enable winetricks glsl = enabled. The working line for AMD video cards with 3GB of memory looks like this: winetricks glsl = enabled multisampling = enabled videomemorysize = 3072 ddr = opengl orm = fbo psm = enabled vsm = hardware. Also, in the settings of firewood for the sudo amdcccle video card, the smoothing level is set to 8X with a value of 8xEQ.
The game hangs when loading the hangar. It hangs if run from the launch shortcut. for example the one that appeared during installation. normally starts via bash (command line in the terminal).
when starting from the terminal, an error occurs: “p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: / usr / lib / i386-linux-gnu / pkcs11 / gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: it is impossible to open the shared object file: There is no such file or directory ". Solution: sudo apt-get install libp11-kit-gnome-keyring: i386

Remarks

The patch on the mouse raw3.patch (or raw.patch) with the output of Vine 1.5.13 is not needed.
The disable-dynamic-vertex-buffers.patch patch starting from 1.5.22 does not work. For 1.5.22 and higher, a new identical patch is made disable-dynamic-vertex-buffers2.patch.
For Ati cards there is also an ATIFix.patch patch. What is it for, I do not know.
The popular way of launching in a separate X session is not described in this documentation because it does not accelerate and is a bit hacker. “I do not advise using the change of process priority, distribution by cores, running in a separate x-server. All these measures led only to unstable FPS ”(remark from dixvsky1).
The wineforwot repository is currently being updated by zaraza5.
All commands in the wiki manual are tested and run on ubuntu. By Ubuntu, I mean Unity, nvidia video card, version 12.04 12.10 13.04 32/64 bits. If you have questions on this wiki, then ask them on the tank forum and write down your phoronix-test-suite system-info configuration (sudo apt-get install phoronix-test-suite php5-json) or the latest version.
If xvm mod hangs up the game then it is useful to install the latest developer version of the latest_xvm.zip

Conclusion

The game starts and plays in full screen at low graphics settings of 45 fps. Thanks to everyone who helped with their tips and edits. Much taken from the forum of tanks. The instruction is constantly updated for the better. I tested 32 bits at 12.04 and 64 bits at 13.10. Last updated date below.

jura12 10/17/2014 00:24
Links

article on which the instruction is written, forum for discussion of the article
forum for discussing the use of wines in wot
wot on appdb
Wine repository for Ubuntu 12.04, “Wine for WOT” team
Latest Nvidia drivers on the Nvidia website
download xvm, xvm website
Jowa mods to patch 0.8.11

wot, wine, fixme

Site
About Ubuntu
Download Ubuntu
Ubuntu family
news

Forum
Help
rules

Documentation
User Documentation
Official documentation
Ubuntu family
Downloads
Hardware compatibility
RSS feed

Community
Our projects
Local communities
Ubuntu Translation
Testing
RSS feed

© 2012 Ubuntu-ru - Russian-speaking community of Ubuntu Linux.
© 2012 Canonical Ltd. Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd.
Best Hosting
Ubuntu Servers

Show original
Page history
Links here

Fasten the panel
Media manager
All pages
Recent changes

Post has been editedwerwolf696 - 15.08.16, 11:07

--------------------
Dark iPhone Corp ... ... אפל iPhone קורפKeeeek (s)[/ b]
Alex Klein
Message#25
15.08.16, 11:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 225
Check in: 16.07.09
Honor 10

rori @ 08/15/2016 06:21*
What is better?
ThanArmeniansWindows
Mkudritsky @ 08/15/2016, 06:36*
Linux is better because it was created without haste, without rushing, thinking through the details.

On the knee, the source code was laid out in the alpha stage ... And yes, there are rumors that the teacher Linus, seeing his creation, said in his hearts: "I would have called an asshole!" :)
Mkudritsky @ 08/15/2016, 06:36*
Therefore, software was thrown onto the market often insufficiently thought out and insufficiently tested. Yes, then the patches arrived

That's right written about Linux!
No, there are, of course, stable distributions, but the package base there is still written in cuneiform :)

--------------------
Stupid and nibuchen
werwolf696
Message#26
15.08.16, 11:17
Very polite
[offline]

Messages 376
Apple iPhone 6s

Alex Klein @ 08/15/2016, 16:14*
"Hitting the asshole!"

Thinking fat was cursed! (google this phrase;))

--------------------
mkudritsky
Message#27
15.08.16, 11:50
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1179
Asus zenfone 5

Alex Klein @ 08/15/2016, 11:14*
On the knee, the source code was laid out in the stagealpha...

Well, how do you think the software collectively develop?
So they laid out the alpha versions of the kernel fragments so that othersprogrammersWe could analyze the code, find mistakes, suggest a development ideology, add something sensible ourselves.
For Linux dummies, distribution releases have always existed. And something I do not remember that they are buggy.

Why is Linux really strange? Why did Linux win in the world of Unix-like systems, and not, say, FreeBSD?
Indeed, at the time of the advent of Linux, the FreeBSD system was noticeably more advanced!

My version here is this.
Right holders could get hold of FreeBSD with their lawsuits.
And the genius of the creators of Linux was that they had already foreseen in 1994 that Linux would not only take a firm place on Internet servers, but would also be used in various kinds of specialized hardware (such as routers, switches, modems, etc.) .) and in the end it will recapture a niche in the mass user market (Android).
That's so that in the future the right holders should not shake their stinky patents, and it was decided to write Linux from scratch!

ZY But even in this case, the right holders cause inconvenience to Android. But this is nothing compared to if in the Unix world I won FreeBSD.

--------------------
fguy
Message#28
15.08.16, 12:56
engineer
[offline]

Messages 5727
Check in: 27.10.09
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505

According to the information from the official page on GitHub, Google is developing a completely new operating system for all devices. As the project description says, “Pink + Purple = Fuchsia” (a new operating system).

make full compatibility with the delvik machine and save the lion’s share of the accumulated droid-software is not a problem, but whether it will have a universal distribution kit like a screw or vendors will again have to finish at its own expense the next school of Google it would be interesting to find out now
werwolf696
Message#29
15.08.16, 13:12
Very polite
[offline]

Messages 376
Apple iPhone 6s

Fguy @ 08/15/2016, 5:56 PM*
, but will it have a universal distribution kit like a screw or will vendors again have to finish at its own expense the next jamb of Google, it would be interesting to know

If there is a wagon-will be an expert. And if they again throw it in the style of "modify the file", then it will not make sense.

Posted 08/15/2016 at 1:13 PM:

Fguy @ 08/15/2016, 5:56 PM*
vendors will again have to finish at their own expense

Saw Shura! They are golden!

--------------------
Alex Klein
Message#30
15.08.16, 13:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 225
Honor 10

Mkudritsky @ 08/15/2016, 11:50*
Well, how do you think the software collectively develop?

And how others develop?

--------------------
Stupid and nibuchen
mkudritsky
Message#31
15.08.16, 16:32
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1179
Asus zenfone 5

Of course, mail ru is also that reliable source of information.
But he has the status of the media and theoretically should be responsible for the accuracy of his messages.

So, on the main page of mail.ru there appeared absolutely the same information as in the root message of this thread.
Google really wants to merge all its OS (Google Chrome, Android) into one OS and call it Fuchsia.
The system can be installed not only on smartphones, but also on a PC (initial support for X86 + ARM).
The system will work on two architectures: 32bit and 64bit.

It seems to be all good!
But the core of this OS - Magenta - unfortunately will not be the Linux kernel.
I am afraid that they will not cope with the task, because usable OS kernels have been created for at least 20 years.

Alex Klein @ 08/15/2016, 1:37 PM*
And how others develop?

Others pay for the development of money.
And the style of development is determined by the rules of the employer, where the main thing is that the code being developed is not spilled onto the Internet.
And the name of this is propietar.

And software OpenSource (and Linux in particular) is completely open to the outside world and the Internet.
Including open and software development process.
(Another thing is that not everyone, even an expert is able to figure out what they are doing there. But everything is open!)

Post has been editedmkudritsky - 15.08.16, 16:55

--------------------
werwolf696
Message#32
15.08.16, 16:45
Very polite
[offline]

Messages 376
Apple iPhone 6s

I am afraid that they will not cope with the task, because usable OS kernels have been created for at least 20 years.

If Linux has done it for 20 years, this does not mean that these are the rules.

By the way, here's some more info.

https://geektimes.ru/post/279442/
Most operating systems and software platforms developed by Google are based on the Linux kernel. These products include Chrome OS, Android, Chromecast. In fact, Linux is the hub of the good corporation software ecosystem.

At the same time, the Linux kernel is not always the ideal base for specialized software. This is especially true for embedded devices with limited software. Several Google engineers are currently working on a new operating system designed for such devices. The source code is laid out in a new repository called Fuchsia (Fuchsia).

New commits have been appearing for several weeks, but third-party developers have noticed this repository just now. After analyzing the content, it turned out that Fuchsia is based on (L) ittle (K) ernel and Magenta. LK is a small OS designed for embedded small devices. LK core size is from 15 to 20 KB, source code is available here. This is open source software licensed under the MIT license. Magenta is used in modern phones and personal computers with an advanced configuration, equipped with gigabytes of memory and modern processors. Fuchsia, as you can understand, is a hybrid system built simultaneously on the basis of these two platforms. It supports 32-bit and 64-bit ARM-processors.

There are many sources in the repository now. Apparently, Fuchsia supports Dart, JSON, SSL, Google GO, LLVM, Rust. There is also a special version of Fortune - a simple program that displays a pseudo-random message, first appeared in Version 7 Unix.

In Fuchsia, Flutter is used to create the user interface. The main programming language is Dart. And the top of all this is Escher, which supports a number of visual effects. Most likely, Google engineers are planning to use Material Design in their new system.

Post has been editedwerwolf696 - 15.08.16, 16:45

--------------------
Alex Klein
Message#33
15.08.16, 17:15
Local
[offline]

Messages 225
Honor 10

Others pay for the development of money

That is, are the programmers of the Red Cap or is there Kanoni-Kala working for free?

--------------------
Stupid and nibuchen
werwolf696
Message#34
15.08.16, 17:26
Very polite
[offline]

Messages 376
Apple iPhone 6s

Alex Klein @ 08/15/2016, 10:15*
That is, are the programmers of the Red Cap or is there Kanoni-Kala working for free?

For doshirak :)

PS KEEK ...} -)

--------------------
fguy
Message#35
15.08.16, 18:11
engineer
[offline]

Messages 5727

Google really wants to merge all its OS (Google Chrome, Android) into one OS and call it Fuchsia.
The system can be installed not only on smartphones, but also on a PC (initial support for X86 + ARM).
The system will work on two architectures: 32bit and 64bit.

The droid core works perfectly on the same CPU, including loading on the BIOS of the vintels, and also supports a bunch of hardware in one distribution. third-party drivers without recompiling wasps, etc. - it will make life easier for vendors and reduce the cost of devices, and what is happening now is a frank rabbit divorce and profanation
Alex Klein
Message#36
15.08.16, 18:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 225
Honor 10

Werwolf696 @ 08/15/2016, 5:26 PM*
Keek

burp tortured or imitate the birds trying to?

--------------------
Stupid and nibuchen
werwolf696
Message#37
15.08.16, 18:18
Very polite
[offline]

Messages 376
Apple iPhone 6s

Alex Klein @ 08/15/2016, 11:11*
burp tortured or imitate the birds trying to?

I'm full and satisfied :)Food writes.

--------------------
fguy
Message#38
15.08.16, 19:49
engineer
[offline]

Messages 5727

Werwolf696 @ 08/15/2016, 18:18*
satisfied and satisfied

we love this joke slightly extending "s"
werwolf696
Message#39
15.08.16, 20:42
Very polite
[offline]

Messages 376
Apple iPhone 6s

Alex Klein @ 08/15/2016, 11:11*
or birds

Angriberds nonch is not in trend. NowPOKEMONS(shcha muse will see and rush ..) they rule .. But KEEEK (c) is nothing :)

Posted 08/15/2016 at 8:43 PM:

, Google needs to clean up its zoo by firing specifications for the hardware configuration, universal bootloader, implement the use of third-party drivers without recompiling wasps, etc. - it will make life easier for vendors and reduce the cost of devices, and what is happening now is a frank rabbit divorce and profanation

Only it seems he decided to cut everything under the root and "we will build our new world"

--------------------
fguy
Message#40
15.08.16, 21:02
engineer
[offline]

Messages 5727

Werwolf696 @ 08/15/2016, 20:42*
Only it seems he decided to cut everything under the root and "we will build our new world"

it is unlikely - lame start to maintain the playmarket and droid applications, to transfer compatibility with the droid to any other axis licensing problem, which for Google does not exist, google in 7m droid and so hacked into the new installation system of OS wastes - now you need 2 systems sections - none The smart droid doesn’t have it, and the repartition of the flash drive was never done by vendors in the update process - so this chip will be available only on very new devices - the need for it is obscure and the old one was completely reliable - we stupidly get a backup droid and all

Post has been editedfguy - 15.08.16, 21:02

8 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 03:53