> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 "3rd Gen (2013) - Discussion | Tablet, 7"

Rep: (19)
DiscussionAmazon Kindle Fire HD 7 "3rd Gen (2013)
PictureAmazon Kindle Fire HD 7 "3rd Gen (2013), soho / KFSOWI
Discussion пїЅ |

Specifications
The model is equipped with a 7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and supports 720p resolution, and its hardware platform is based on a single-chip TI OMAP4 4470 system with a dual-core 1.5 GHz CPU and an ARM Cortex-A9 GPU and GPU PowerVR SGX544 384 MHz. The tablet can be equipped with 8 or 16 GB of internal flash memory. The amount of RAM 1024MB RAM. The configuration of the product also includes wireless modules Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n and Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB port and 3.5 audio jack.
Of the features it should be noted the presence of two loudspeakers, the use of improved Wi-Fi modules (they are equipped with two antennas, support MIMO and work in 2.4 and 5 GHz networks). As for the OS, this is Fire OS 4.5.5.3, the last one released for tablets in 2013 and based on Android 4.4. Naturally closely related to services from Amazon.
The overall dimensions and weight of the Kindle Fire HD are 191 x 128 x 10.6 mm and 345 grams, respectively. Battery life ~ 10 hours.

Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Instructions for installing root, TWRP, Google Play.
Instruction
First, install the ADB driver.
We check that we have a fastboot cable. I bought it for examplehere.
After that, turn on Developer Options:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

And adb

Attached Image

We connect the cable and give permission to the tablet.
Unpack the ADB folder on C: \ and holding the shift, launch the command line from there.
adb shell su -c "dd if = / dev / zero of = / dev / block / platform / omap_hsmmc.1 / by-name / boot bs = 1 count = 1 seek = 848"
adb reboot

Go to fastboot mode and unpack exploit in the ADB folder. Insert commands:
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem format
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot hijack.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system system.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 continue

We are waiting for the orange logo of Amazon and continue:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem format
fastboot -i 0x1949 continue

Go to TWRP, Advanced ->ADB Sideload and ticking both checkboxes run ADB Sideload. Next we throw the update-kindle-11.4.5.5_user_455002120.bin, supersu, gapps file into the ADB folder and install:
adb sideload update-kindle-11.4.5.5_user_455002120.bin

Run ADB Sideload again:
adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

And install Google services.
adb sideload open_gapps-arm-4.4-pico-20170510.zip

After the end, disconnect the cable and do the Reboot System. After downloading, reconnect the cable and enter:
adb push recovery.img /sdcard/recovery.img
adb shell su -c "dd if = / sdcard / recovery.img of = / dev / block / platform / omap_hsmmc.1 / by-name / recovery"
adb push exploit.img /sdcard/exploit.img
adb shell su -c "dd if = / sdcard / exploit.img of = / dev / block / platform / omap_hsmmc.1 / by-name / exploit"
adb shell rm /sdcard/recovery.img /sdcard/exploit.img

Instructionfrom here.
Necessary files:
Attached fileopen_gapps-arm-4.4-pico-20170510.zip(102.13 MB)

Attached fileexploit.zip(29.59 MB)

Attached fileUPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip(3.83 MB)

Attached fileKindle Fire HD 8.9 ADB drivers.zip(11.38 MB)

Attached fileAdb.zip(9.25 MB)

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedkobr13 - 29.01.18, 13:11

Rep: (0)
King just tried yesterday - there is no root. The link is the same

Just installed, you need to try king root version 5.

Rep: (4)
It turned out to get root with version 3.9. Then I installed SuperSU and quietly uninstall the system applications.

* cs_plan,
I did it on the latest firmware today ...

Attempts with a dozen, with and without adb. Firmware 4.5.5.2
Attached Image

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 12.12.16, 17:26
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

Assumption: I had a root, before the update, and it is advisable to reset before the new root.

Rep: (320)
* cs_plan,
Is the Internet turned on?

Ruth is, is it possible to install a third-party launcher so that every time I do not ask which one to include?

Internet is of course on. It comes to 90% and that's it.

Once from the 8th, but it turned out

Added instructions to the header, if anyone is interested.

* a1zen2,
I don’t know, they don’t know in Yandex either. Changing the sound driver to ViperFX also does not give a result.
The problem is also observed on FirePhone and I think on their other devices.
I turn it on through the web browser and when minimizing it, the music continues to play. So you can use it.
By the way, Google Music works fine.
And about the protective glass, I still could not find it on sale. Only films.

Post has been editedkobr13 - 14.05.17, 23:02

Rep: (3)
Who the thread tried to run Share It! (file transfer) on this device? Does it work or not?

Post has been editedmancunia - 19.08.17, 03:28

Rep: (1)
What is the difference between a fastboot cable and regular USB?
Is it possible to follow all the instructions in the header with the help of a standard cable?

All the necessary files (according to the instructions in the header) should all be in the "ADB" folder: "c: \ adb"?

Hello.
Who will tell you which program to watch YouTube?
The tablet is rutted, there are gaps, youtube downloaded from the playmarket.
The image is static, crackling and noise instead of sound. In the browser, the mobile version shows, but not in the application.
Are there any alternatives?

Rep: (71)
Version5.3.32while working, as well as a number of older ones.

Post has been editedSpiritovod - 13.09.17, 12:46

But I would still like to identify the reason.

And why detect it, in the latest versions of YouTube after updating the code (internal API, the appearance of rewinding and other lotions), compatibility with 4.x androids and a number of hardware platforms fell off. It is doubtful that Google will cure this, it is not profitable for him to support as many as 5 OS versions and the entire range of existing platforms.

Post has been editedSpiritovod - 13.09.17, 13:38

So before, with the same version of YouTube, all the rules worked. And the problems are only on our device, as I understand it.

Not only on ours, read the YouTube topic right here onsavagemessiahzine.com, almost all device owners on 4.x were affected. And the problem is not in the application, but in the server part of YouTube - just older versions of the application work with a different API, where many new-fangled buns are not supported, and they just mow. In any case, there are always options to use third-party programs with your player, however, there will be limited quality from the side of YouTube again.

After the first command with the instructions in the header:
adb shell su -c "dd if = / dev / zero of = / dev / block / platform / omap_hsmmc.1 / by-name / boot bs = 1 count = 1 seek = 848"
adb reboot

writes:
Unknown id: if = / dev / zero

What is the problem?

Post has been editedSantucio - 15.09.17, 15:12

Observations on the current version 7.1.2 of 08/31/2017:
He does not sleep, mtp does not work, the sound is mono, he did not check the headphones, but they write that they do not work.
Visual glitches when turning the orientation, sometimes the orientation stops working.
He does not see 5GHz wifi, resetting the account to the factory settings does not work.
YouTube works, wifi connects when rebooting.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/28/19, 1:02 p.m.