Message#1
03.08.16, 18:24
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 145
Check in: 04.04.12

HTC Vive - Discussion
Purchase | Discussion | 3D VR Virtual Reality Devices | Google cardboard | Virtual reality glasses do it yourself | Selection and Comparison |

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Attached Image

About problems with installing software

Post has been editedBlack fish - 18.03.17, 08:05
Ruzarh
Message#42
28.10.16, 16:07
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 20.02.15

* Zalnor,
Well, actually in the oculus cv1 the image is a little better than in the live. However, the wive at the moment allows you to completely immerse yourself in virtual reality, unlike the oculus which only allows you to look into it.

Posted on 10/28/2016, 16:09:

All the same, it looks likestretch ceiling. In the other room everything is tracked perfectly. So for the future, if you are going to play in a room with a glossy ceiling, you should consider replacing it.
DTD-TOSH
Message#43
28.10.16, 17:18
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 553
Check in: 21.03.13
Oneplus one

* akupernog,
HMD recommend connecting directly to the GPUSteamvr>General discussions>

--------------------
HTC Vive
akupernog
Message#44
28.10.16, 17:37
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 528
Check in: 29.08.10
Lenovo Vibe Shot

* DTD-TOSH
In vain, all the same, I first bought the vivka: o) No computer wants to digest it ....
Right now I'll try to squeeze the computer from a neighbor, his video card is not a super duper, but not integrated ..
And then buy - bought, and check even with nothing before buying a serious iron: o)
DTD-TOSH
Message#45
28.10.16, 19:32
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 553
Check in: 21.03.13
Oneplus one

* akupernog,
Why in vain, not at all. Having Vive on hand is not a bad incentive for acquiring PC VR-ready :)
In general, it is gratifying that the HTC Vive branch onsavagemessiahzine.comovergrows with new owners and users of this VR system.

--------------------
HTC Vive
akupernog
Message#46
28.10.16, 19:42
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 528
Lenovo Vibe Shot

* DTD-TOSH
Yes, I’m glad that Temko is overgrown by users.
I just wanted to check it out to make sure that it wasn’t defective, or I’m terribly reluctant to drag myself to the prospect of the world again, but not to buy it, to return it under warranty \ exchange: o) Well, try to play, or even not a single video on the Internet \ komenta about using a computer with clearly inappropriate characteristics: o)

Post has been editedakupernog - 28.10.16, 19:43
Ruzarh
Message#47
29.10.16, 11:07
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12
Check in: 20.02.15

I managed to fix a problem with the ceiling! Turned the lighthouses so that they looked almost to the floor and worked, now everything is tracking down pretty well!
akupernog
Message#48
30.10.16, 09:07
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 528
Lenovo Vibe Shot

Yesterday I bought a computer, and how I brought it home (20.00) I immediately started washing and then setting up and installing it.
Connecting a monitor turned out to be a bigger problem for me, because I didn’t have a vga connector on Vidyah (and an adapter from it to something), and on the Vidyakh itself there was only one hdmi connector: o)
I had to put the priority of the image output through the graphics in the processor, and now the nvidia control panel is not available to me, but the helmet works through gtx oddly enough: o)
Then everything went like clockwork, and already at one in the morning I chopped fruit with katanas.

Advice for those who will build the computer: Do not buy Aerocool cases !!! They are made of pancake foil: o) During connection, I leaned on the TOP slightly with my hand and my body caved in with unprecedented ease inside (20 mm somewhere).
Zalnor
Message#49
30.10.16, 12:22
User
[offline]

Messages 70
Check in: 06.02.08
Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F / DS

Updated vidyuhu, took the "people's" 1070, now the result of the readiness test looks like this :) (it used to be in the red zone)
Attached Image

All games are super, I'm happy :)
The next goal, however, is to master the launch of third-party games, for example, a very desire to build a brick house in "Alien: Isolation": D
Metalurg103
Message#50
30.10.16, 14:19
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 22
Check in: 17.06.14
LG L90

Zalnor @ 10.30.2016, 13:22*
Updated vidyuhu, took the "people's" 1070, now the result of the readiness test looks like this :) (it used to be in the red zone)

My dear man, please tell me how the helmet behaves from 1070, and here I am also preparing a little for virtual reality, I recently bought 1070 from msi, but on the Internet there are a lot of bad things about the compatibility of the 10th series and HTC when connecting in the above privacy DP

By the way, on foreign forums they write that you can run games that supportNVIDIA 3D Visionwith the help of someVirtual Desktopand everything will work. Can you try and unsubscribe what happens?

Post has been editedMetalurg103 - 30.10.16, 14:26
ravenousX
Message#51
30.10.16, 16:54
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 29
Check in: 06.11.12

I have a helmet working fine with 1070 gigabyte. In all currently relevant games there are no brakes. The problem was first when connecting. The board contains 3 DP and one HDMI. I had to buy an adapter from DP to HDMI.
Metalurg103
Message#52
30.10.16, 17:22
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 22
LG L90

* ravenousX,

But didn’t they have to fix it in the wood so that vive would work through DP with the 10th series?
akupernog
Message#53
30.10.16, 21:35
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 528
Lenovo Vibe Shot

Metalurg103 @ 10.30.2016, 14:19*
the helmet behaves from 1070,

Those games that I started were played without problems and lags, but I really have nothing to compare with.

RavenousX @ 10.30.2016, 16:54*
I had to buy an adapter from DP to HDMI.

Please throw a link or store address in a personal, otherwise I’m launching a fool without a monitor remotely in Steam VR.
I bought DVI-D (24pin) on the VGA in the store and Monique refuses to work with this adapter.
Metalurg103
Message#54
30.10.16, 23:08
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 22
LG L90

Here is one person wrote an article about the launch of gameshttps://geektimes.ru/post/279286/
If anyone tries, please write here about the results.
Zalnor
Message#55
31.10.16, 03:26
User
[offline]

Messages 70

I bought DVI-D (24pin) on the VGA in the store and Monique refuses to work with this adapter.

Wow, now I also have a monik with VGA idle (in these videos it’s already fully digital DVI-D, I can’t get an analogue for VGA from it), it’s kind of dumb without a second monitor :( (sorry sorry :))

Metalurg103 @ 10.30.2016, 21:19*
how a helmet behaves from 1070

Well, my main monitor supports DP, HDMI, DVI-D, I use it through DP so it is unlikely that I will have such problems, I want to connect Vive via DP purely out of interest, but so far there is no cable, I ordered a 3-meter cable right away extension cord, waiting.

Metalurg103 @ 10.30.2016, 21:19*
you can run games that support NVIDIA 3D Vision using some kind of Virtual Desktop

I didn’t know about it, I’ll take a look. Although I don’t think that something good will turn out there, Virtual Desktop itself is a buggy thing, but to play through it ... well, I’ll try. I'm withREVIVEfigured out, everything turns out to be quite simple there, so I want the most “difficult” game for the Oculus to launch DiRT Rally.

But with vorpX, by the way, everything is not so simple. the fact is that if the game is not optimized for VR then at first glance there is no obvious non-conformity in management. Well, for example, remember “The Lab” archery, where hands move separately from the gaze, but not in unsuitable games ... you’ll “aim with your head” is not very convenient after the NTS games, although Okulovtsy somehow live with it same :)

P.S. By the way, register in the Russian communityvive RUSthere is useful information.

Post has been editedZalnor - 31.10.16, 03:41
leonid_12
Message#56
31.10.16, 13:27
User
[offline]

Messages 52
Check in: 30.06.15
Nokia Lumia 1520

Has anyone tried non-game content on NTSvive, for example, Russian-speaking films? What formats does it support? Still leaning towards the oculus, due to a slightly better image, and the makhalka promise in December. How is the picture better?
Zalnor
Message#57
31.10.16, 14:43
User
[offline]

Messages 70

* leonid_12,
It supports everything that you have installed codecs, programs for playing video in VR is just an unusual interface.
Movies in their current form, even 3D, is IMHO, not VR content at all, and it does not envy the platform. Yes, it’s cool in something, but to sit in any helmet for 1.5 hours ... when there are better things :) during the game you are at least busy with something and passionate, in my opinion films with great pleasure go on a normal TV set with a movie theater. The “pixelation” of the picture (by the way, it also spoils the impression of the film) is about the same for everyone, the Oculus CV1 because of aspherical lenses the picture is probably sharper at the edges (although you need to askRuzarhI did not compare with CV1), but tracking is definitely better with Vive. In addition, bundled with Oculus Touch, Oculus CV1 costs the same as HTC Vive, but less features.
In my opinion, it solves content that Vive has more than others + launch of the same “exclusives” from the Oculus, and here the point is not that Vive blocks this opportunity (launch of its content) for other companies (Vive itself is open, but The Oculus tried), just others do not have such technical capabilities as HTC Vive :) this is a fact.

P.S. Oh, something, I’m turning into a fan directly, I foresee holivars between Vive and Oculus :) Although in the name of this young industry it is better that this does not happen.

In short, see for yourself, but I recommend weighing the pros and cons carefully.

P.P.S.
By the way, for me, a person with difficult eyesight (I can’t use contact lenses and dioptric twists will not help - astegmatism), a strong argument was that HTC is the only helmet that does not score on people with glasses and allows you to use the helmet without removing them.

Post has been editedZalnor - 31.10.16, 15:07
akupernog
Message#58
01.11.16, 13:43
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 528
Lenovo Vibe Shot

It is bad that there is no information for our helmet, in neighboring Temko about cardboards and other evil spirits there is a lot of information, but it’s not clear how to attach it to our helmet. I remember Skyrim launched in 3D on a TV set through Tridef. But how to do this with our helmet, how to display the desired image on it? Does anyone have experience or infa?

By the way, I playedosu!in desktop mode, it is surprisingly funny and not as difficult as I thought.

PS someone bought the program "Virtual Desktop" in Steam? Unsubscribe, tell me to take \ not to take.

Post has been editedakupernog - 01.11.16, 14:04
simonad
Message#59
01.11.16, 15:34
a guest
[offline]

Messages 5
Check in: 03.09.07
HTC 10

If Virtual Desktop is needed to watch the video, I liked the Simple VR Video Player more, it has more settings and the interface is more friendly. If you are reluctant to spend money, then you can watch Vive Cinema for free, but there you need to upload all the videos to the User’s Folder (on the system disk), not to constantly clog the ssd.
In Simple VR Video Player, who bought, do not forget to set the Super Sampling Resolution to 200%, the picture becomes much better)
akupernog
Message#60
01.11.16, 17:46
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 528
Lenovo Vibe Shot

Simonad @ 11/01/2016, 15:34*
You can watch free Vive Cinema

You can stillBigscreen betause for video, at least VLC can be used in it, and customization is good.
Metalurg103
Message#61
01.11.16, 17:58
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 22
LG L90

* akupernog,
I gave a linkhttps://geektimes.ru/post/279286/
thereVirtual Desktop + TriDef 3D

try maybe something happens.

In general, a lot of information on launching the game, but only in English.

Post has been editedMetalurg103 - 01.11.16, 18:01

75 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 06/20/19 09:45