Message#1
03.08.16, 18:24
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 143
Check in: 04.04.12

HTC Vive - Discussion
Purchase | Discussion | 3D VR Virtual Reality Devices | Google cardboard | Virtual reality glasses do it yourself | Selection and Comparison |

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Attached Image

About problems with installing software

Post has been editedBlack fish - 18.03.17, 08:05
egerr
Message#22
12.10.16, 11:02
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 24
Check in: 21.11.08
Apple iPhone 7

DTD-TOSH @ 10/12/2016 11:53*
799+30+170

I got this calculation
110 (Qwintry Eco Post delivery) + 24 (insurance) + 800 (vive) = $ 934 * 62.3 (course at the time of writing the post) = 58k rubles, total difference is 12k.

It is a pity that the weight of a large set, in fact, it greatly increases the final cost.

there is still a nuance, if the rate fails, say, to 50-55 rubles, the price in Russia is unlikely to fall below the set (70k).
t45
Message#23
12.10.16, 12:15
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Check in: 29.04.16
HTC One (M8)

Egerr @ 10/12/2016, 11:02*
if the course fails, say, up to 50-55 rubles

Why not immediately to 60 kopecks? :)
egerr
Message#24
12.10.16, 13:27
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 24
Check in: 21.11.08
Apple iPhone 7

t45 @ 10/12/2016, 2:15 PM*
Why not immediately to 60 kopecks?

because it is quite realistic in the near future, for now there are all the prerequisites for this. if suddenly the dollar becomes 100 rubles, then of course 70k will be beneficial to buy in the Russian Federation: D
t45
Message#25
12.10.16, 14:39
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Check in: 29.04.16
HTC One (M8)

Egerr @ 10/12/2016, 1:27 PM*
because it is quite realistic in the near future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVChiQQsNxs: yes2:
akupernog
Message#26
13.10.16, 17:40
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 522
Check in: 29.08.10
Lenovo Vibe Shot

What is the difference in points? On the Internet, I stumble upon videos that use different HTC Vive.
tyk 1
Attached Image

tyk 2
Attached Image

As I understood that option that a rounded and holey newer will be, and in the clumsy one, if I correctly spotted, they pushed 2 cameras into the helmet and there was no such thing as a sale. Can anyone read or know what else is the difference?
DTD-TOSH
Message#27
13.10.16, 18:59
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 553
Check in: 21.03.13
Oneplus one

What is the difference in points? On the Internet, I stumble upon videos that use different HTC Vive.
tyk 1
[Attachment = "8894310: Vive-145 ... 73671337.png"].

tyk 2
[Attachment = "8894311: 1_70.jpg"].

As I understood that option that a rounded and holey newer will be, and in the clumsy one, if I correctly spotted, they pushed 2 cameras into the helmet and there was no such thing as a sale. Can anyone read or know what else is the difference?

They correctly understood that HMD that the consumer version is shown on the first screenshot. On the second, HTC Vive Developer Edition (version for developers), that is, a prototype.

--------------------
HTC Vive
zhur82
Message#28
18.10.16, 12:23
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Check in: 19.11.10

Are sales planned in large, federal networks? Anyone in the know?
amigosman
Message#29
19.10.16, 00:32
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 27
Check in: 17.09.10
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F

Have real users? I would like to hear real reviews about the quality of the image in the helmet. Is the picture clear? Or how in oculus dk2 everything in the grid and the background (texture away) are not visible? Did the grain in Vive win? And then people write that the PlayStation vr produces a more pleasant picture (in terms of the pixel grid). Can I play 2d games, but on a large virtual screen? Strongly inferior picture then monitor? How do movies look? How to gear vr? Are the faces of the actors clear, and the background is solid pixels? Or as in a real cinema, where everything is clear? For some reason, in no other review, no one answers these questions in such a way, as if afraid to admit that $ 800 should be thrown to the wind. Everything is streamlined, only gasp, what immersion is cool, what is new in management, but about the graphics and the grid in front of the eyes, slurred indistinctly that "this does not interfere with immersion." It even hinders. Oculus rift dk2 and even gear vr with its 1440p because of this, just tear your eyes out.
DTD-TOSH
Message#30
19.10.16, 06:38
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 553
Oneplus one

* amigosman
As such, the resolution of the screens in the first generation Vive is naturally not enough (1080x1200 per eye) to match the definition of the image with a full hd monitor for example. Pixels are visible, but during the game you quickly forget about it and stop noticing. But such a grid as in DK2 is clearly not observed. The clarity of the image can be significantly improved by increasing the rendering. Supersampling and stuff. What VR content developers do in principle, including additional graphics settings in their projects. As a rule, with a 2-fold increase in rendering, the clarity of the image is noticeably better, due to which the pixels become less visible, but the load on the PC system increases significantly. In this case, it is desirable to have a top-end GPU, a new generation. It is certainly possible to play 2D games in the cinema mode, but I don’t undertake to say how practical it is, since this type of application does not interest the HMD. I can only say that when I started the game in a similar mode, I thought of the pixels last. The image with this approximation is naturally inferior to the monitor. Plus, the viewing angle. With watching movies in the same way. Although not particularly fond of, but it looks quite acceptable.
All of the above is naturally IMHO, as well as the fact that the HMD HTC Vive is primarily bought for VR, a clear laser tracking system for 360 degrees, motion controllers and the “Room scale” itself in the room scale 5 meters diagonally. And from this point of view, pixels and display resolution are far from the first place. What, in principle, the users of this HMD usually say in their reviews about Vive. About immersion in a virtual world in which, with an exciting and high-quality gameplay for example, you completely forget about the existence of pixels.

--------------------
HTC Vive
leonid_12
Message#31
19.10.16, 09:28
User
[offline]

Messages 52
Check in: 30.06.15
Nokia Lumia 1520

DTD-TOSH. Thank you for enlightenment. I am also going to purchase HTC vive. There are questions, or rather, some questions. A system block with the possibility of an upgrade with the minimum cost of which configuration to choose?

Posted on 10/19/2016 09:28:

DTD-TOSH. Thank you for enlightenment. I am also going to purchase HTC vive. There are questions, or rather, some questions. A system block with the possibility of an upgrade with the minimum cost of which configuration to choose?
DTD-TOSH
Message#32
19.10.16, 10:24
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 553
Oneplus one

* leonid_12,
As a GPU, I would consider at least gtx1060 or 1070. Yes, there are opinions that you can use Vive with the 700 series generation cards, but this is clearly not enough for a comfortable FPS or it will be on the verge. Well, the 900 series against the background of the same 1060, I see no reason to rasmatrvat.
All the same, 10 series for VR, as in any way.
I56600 CPU or similar. i7 can be the last generation, but again, better newer. In general, based on what kind of video card is chosen, I would choose a processor to unlock the full potential of the GPU.
Eight gigabytes of RAM, I think the very minimum. But more will definitely not be superfluous.

--------------------
HTC Vive
Ruzarh
Message#33
25.10.16, 05:03
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 20.02.15

Well, in general, I bought myself a HTC vive, yesterday a long-awaited package arrived. And proceeded to install.A few days before that, I installed win10 and updated all the drivers, installed Steam, etc.. (Before that, I thought how not to set it up yet, I simply installed the lighthouse there, sent it to the region, but play.And it was not there!) I will describe here all the problems that I encountered, and how I solved them, to people for the future:

First, there was a problem - SteamBUR just could not find a helmet. Turn on the power of the computer, how the new device is connected, and everything, neither the helmet nor the controllers are visible and pops up208 error
In my case, there was a solution - I updated the drivers to the USB ports using DPS, rebooted and the helmet worked.

The system saw lighthouses, a helmet and 1 controller. At first, I thought it was necessary (if you turn on the second controller, the blue light on it just lights up, and after a time it goes off), but when it became necessary to use 2 controllers, I realized that there was something wrong. First of all, it was necessary to update the firmware, to do this, we connect both controllers to the computer, via the USB cables that are included and through the window of the SteamPB (down the middle of the screen) select the update firmware, confirm the update and wait, then there will be a message that is updated. Then from the same menu we select the pair controller, we clamp the two buttons on the front of the controller until the blue light starts blinking, we wait - the blue light should change to green, then we take the second controller and do the same procedure on it. In the end, should get 2 controllers with green lights.

And everything seems to be ready and you can dive into the world of virtual entertainment, but no!And hereI have a questionfor advanced users.During the game, it often happens that the controllers fly off somewhere to the side or just tremble, but this is not the worst thing - the trouble is when the helmet flies away and the screen turns gray, having shook the head several times, the image returns, but then again in a random place it can fly away. There are no mirrors in the room, the TV is closed, there is no confusion, the only thing that bothers me is the glossy stretch ceiling, but I don’t think it influences somehow, the steel chandelier still glitters, but it hangs close to the ceiling.

Post has been editedRuzarh - 25.10.16, 05:07
leonid_12
Message#34
25.10.16, 07:20
User
[offline]

Messages 52
Check in: 30.06.15
Nokia Lumia 1520

Congratulations on your purchase! I am also waiting for answers from the guru of our branch, because I am only going to take this device. But something is very quiet in our community.
DTD-TOSH
Message#35
25.10.16, 08:14
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 553
Oneplus one

* Ruzarh,
Itself as that several times, "caught" tracking glitches because of the reflecting surfaces. In another room, the work of "beacons" was checked to eliminate the likelihood of marriage? Or sync base stations with cable?

--------------------
HTC Vive
Ruzarh
Message#36
25.10.16, 10:04
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12

Cable synced - absolutely no change. There is no other room unfortunately. I also sin on the fact that the lighthouses are not very kosher. The images are not quite clear, they beat the signal in the form of a cone at 120 degrees, or something else? And I noticed that this glitch is most often manifested when turning to a certain wall.

* DTD-TOSH
and when set up well, the tracking is not lost at all and the controllers do not twitch, or sometimes it happens that the controllers twitch?
DTD-TOSH
Message#37
25.10.16, 11:40
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 553
Oneplus one

* Ruzarh,
So it is, at 120 degrees in both planes. The fact that in a certain pattern when turning in one direction and that direction is good. So it's not about the hardware, but most likely in setting up the lighthouses and the "roomscale". In general, it is recommended to mount stations, as thoroughly as possible, so that the "beacons" smaller "play" from vibration. I mounted the stations on the complete fortifications in the opposite corner of the walls and the "lighthouses" can be said to look at each other and in the center of the playing area. HMD and controllers are tracked without any complaints, do not float or disappear. And the so-called jiter (trembling) is always present on all devices. Another thing, it should not be so clearly noticeable as you say. And during the game, the more should not be seen. And the tracking of the controllers must also be permanent without loss. Dig in the direction of setting the gaming area and base stations.

--------------------
HTC Vive
Ruzarh
Message#38
25.10.16, 18:22
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12

I also noticed such a moment that while I am sitting on the floor and just within my zone I twist-I twist the controllers, everything is read perfectly, even hiding the controller one by one, it is simply gorgeous, but it is worthwhile to get up as a helmet flies off in a gray screen after some time, and then controllers begin to twitch. I am testing the lab specifically for archery, and sometimes an arm with an arrow just flies off to the distance itself, or a helmet can fly away. The lighthouses are located in the corners of the playing area, they look exactly in the center, they see each other perfectly. I can’t imagine what the problem may be = (

Post has been editedRuzarh - 25.10.16, 18:25
DTD-TOSH
Message#39
26.10.16, 06:52
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 553
Oneplus one

* Ruzarh,
Based on the fact that if closer to the floor surface the tracking of devices is excellent, then it would be logical to assume that the problem is still in the reflective glossy ceiling covering or chandelier. If you do not take into account that the HMD and the controllers from time to time fall into the dead zone, since you have set up the "roomscale" by the rules, then the infrared rays refracting when reflected reflects the tracking. Try to still check the tracking work, in the room without any interference at all. For this, it is not even necessary to fully configure the system and zone.

--------------------
HTC Vive
Zalnor
Message#40
28.10.16, 11:02
User
[offline]

Messages 70
Check in: 06.02.08
Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F / DS

Acquired, sharing experience.
Faced such a problem at the very first stage, Vive software did not load (what the installer takes from vive.com/setup) starts to download and at 6.28 mb it breaks off and gives out, saying that something went wrong try again later. And the antivirus with the firewall was turned off and on another computer I tried, it’s already straight to the provider that I have become a sinner, but it looks like it wasn’t the case. In general, since this is one of the first stages of installation, I was at first taken lightly to panic, but then it turned out that it was enough just to put everything in its place and connect it to the computer, and then everything was configured and started via SteamVR.
Decision. Googling found out that there is a standalone Vive software installer of the type VivePCClientSetup (846) .exe (numbers change from version), found downloaded, launched, process, issued an error that the version is too old and an error in the HTC account, try again, OK to this once launched ViveSw.exe and about the miracle of download has gone! In general, just in case, save the offline installer, it is located at C: \ Program Files (x86) \ ViveSetup \ Updater \ App \ PCClient \ VivePCClientSetup (941) .exe

Conclusions IMHO. I read a couple of reviews, with SteamVR glitches, and I think if there is a conflict between SteamVR and Vive software ... Since I have Vive software after a couple of unsuccessful download attempts, Steam has bugged the bug, and so it has been reinstalled again, but then it worked. Without Vive software, it is quite possible to use a helmet; from the added functions, synchronization with the phone, and the rest is simply duplicated by SteamVR only through a more “spacious shell”.
And yet, since my video camera is a weak 770th (of course I am going to change, the other parameters are with a margin), I made some observations. When Vive Home is installed, the VR computer is much more difficult to handle and it slows down almost everything + often buggy and the kit recognition fails. Without Vive Home everything works fine, turned on the power, everything was instantly determined and flew, simple games did not lag, I did not even try to start the top, I would wait for the new one to see. Those. On the recommended hardware, you will not see this, but there is a reason to think about the rational use of Vive Home resources.

P.S.
And yes, the impressions are awesome :) I compared the NTS and Oculus DK2, the picture is better in the NTS and in general it is more technologically perfect, there was no way to compare the Oculus CV1, but if they did not change the optics (which is unlikely), but figs with it, even if they changed the optics and pulled up the picture to the Vive, the NTS still wins :)

P.P.S.
And it would not be bad to discuss such things as Revive, vorpX and other tricks for launching third-party and not-so games and applications. I won’t figure out how to run Beta the second Halfs under VR :(

Post has been editedZalnor - 28.10.16, 11:10
akupernog
Message#41
28.10.16, 16:00
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 522
Check in: 29.08.10
Lenovo Vibe Shot

Also bought today.
I can not make friends with a computer with a computer, when connected, the laptop screen blinks (while I'm testing on the laptop) and only one screen starts working in the helmet, right.
The program on the incentive swears at error 208 (display not found).
Help infoy who vkurse or come across, have been suffering for half an hour.

74 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 22:35