Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 12.5 "- Discussion | [notebook] Windows 10 | 12.5 '' | Intel Core M3 6Y30 2.2GHz |
Survey of laptop users.
How do you like a laptop?
He is divine! This is the best laptop that can be presented. [ 177 ] ** [11,5%]
Great workhorse! Recommend! [ 372 ] ** [24,17%]
Pretty good for your money. [ 235 ] ** [15,27%]
Could be better for your money [ 56 ] ** [3,64%]
It is quite difficult to work on it. [ 9 ] ** [0,58%]
Awful laptop. It's worse to imagine [ 20 ] ** [1,3%]
I do not have a laptop. [ 670 ] ** [43,53%]
Total votes: 1539

Rep: (31)

Windows (7 | 8 | 8.1 | 10) | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Type: laptop
Fiction: no
Operating system: DOS / Windows 10 Home
Processor: Core M3 / Core i3 / Core i5
Processor Code: 6Y30 / 7Y30 / 7Y54
Processor core: Kaby Lake
Processor frequency: 900 ... 1200 MHz
The number of processor cores: 2
L2 cache size: 512 KB
L3 cache size: 4 MB
The amount of RAM: 4 ... 8 GB
Memory Type: LPDDR3
Memory frequency: 1866 MHz
Screen diagonal: 12.5 "
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Widescreen display: yes
Touch screen: no
Multi-touch screen: no
LED backlight: yes
3D support: no
Video card type: built-in
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 515 / Intel HD Graphics 615
Two video cards: no
Video Memory Type: SMA
Optical drive: no DVD
Hard disk capacity: 128 ... 256 GB
Hard Drive Type: SSD
ExpressCard slot: no
Device for reading flash cards: no
Wi-Fi: yes, 802.11ac
Bluetooth: yes, 4.1
4G LTE: No
3G: no
Built-in network card: no
Built-in fax modem: no
Number of USB 3.0 Type A interfaces: 1
USB 3.0 Type-C interface: yes
Firewire interface: no
Firewire 800 interface: no
ESATA interface: no
Infrared port (IRDA): no
COM port: no
VGA (D-Sub) output: no
Mini VGA output: no
DVI output: no
HDMI output: yes
Micro HDMI output: no
DisplayPort output: no
Mini DisplayPort output: no
TV-in: no
TV-out output: no
Dock connection: no
Audio input: no
Mic input: no
Audio / headphone output: no
Mic input / headphone output Combo: yes
Digital audio output (S / PDIF): no
Work time: 11.5 hours
Positioning Devices: Touchpad
Keyboard backlight: yes
Touch Panel Touch Bar: no
The presence of columns: there is
Subwoofer availability: no
The presence of a microphone: there is
GPS: no
GLONASS: no
Webcam: yes
Webcam resolution: 1 megapixel
Fingerprint scanner: no
TV tuner: no
Remote control: no
Kensington lock slot: no
Stylus: no
Metal case: yes
High impact case: no
Waterproof case: no
Passive cooling: yes
Length: 292 mm
Width: 202 mm
Thickness: 12.9 mm
Weight: 1.07 kg
F.A.Q.
1. AT: Key illumination only for the older model?
ABOUT: Not. Both keys have key backlighting

2. AT: Where can I chat about a laptop?
ABOUT: Have a chat Telegram

3. AT: Where can I get laptop drivers?
ABOUT: Drivers

4. AT: How to Russify Windows?
ABOUT: No So far there are no such methods. Since the laptop is Single Language.
Reinstalling Windows from Xiaomi Store:https://youtu.be/fwsuLLCMfzY

5. AT: On the keyboard only English letters. What should I do?
ABOUT: Several options. The first - stickers with letters
Second -laser engraving
Engraving example
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

6. AT: Toys pull?
ABOUT: A series of game performance tests on youtube.

7. AT: Is he hot?
ABOUT: Not. In the stress test 45 degrees - the maximum temperature. ( Proof 1 ) and 2 )
Reviews
Utility

Post has been editedstp101 - 28.03.18, 17:25
Reason for editing: New cap author, cap Nik2001Nik3006

Rep: (1)
Fi9hter @ 03/06/19, 11:13*
also suddenly overnight at zero

well, at least it's clear that the software is crashing.
Xiaomi has recently been straightforward, "rushing", the TV box in October received a "successful" update and goes to hang-up after sleep, now the laptop is fooling.
I’m glad that even when the battery is off, the battery doesn’t eat and the tach is in order: lol: And every major Windows update brings some mistakes, the screen will goat, then the network driver will be weird, now this is it. Although Mint rolls the main system, the benefit is that all the firewood on this laptop has been rising since the summer except the full work of the wheelbarrow.

Post has been editedRubkin - 07.03.19, 09:15
Reason for editing: t

Rep: (19)
Why update? Put the assembly of ltsb a year ago and calmed down)

Rep: (15)
Rubkin @ 03/03/19, 9:07*
Xiaomi recently lately, "rushing",
Rubkin @ 03/03/19, 9:07*
And so every major update of Windows brings some shoals, then the screen gets bogged down, then the network driver is strange, now this is it.

And what does MI have to do with it?
This is Microsoft Uncle Updates Launch.

Rep: (10)
LionZXY @ 07.27.16, 16:25*
6. Q: Will the toys pull?
A: A series of game performance tests onyoutube .

The link in the header does not work.

Rep: (4)
Some time ago I installed PWMtools, set it as advised 2000 Hz. Purely visual, I did not seem to notice much of the difference. Eyes at night really get tired less at low brightness levels. True, the battery goes away quickly with this program. Well, after its use, one unpleasant thing appeared that frankly infuriates and greatly interferes even when PWM is turned off. It may not be connected, but coincided in time. When using the laptop not at full brightness, a certain adjustment of brightness for lighting began to work too often. I did not even suspect the presence of auto brightness in the device. To be honest - to help this thing does not help, but it infuriates terribly. If, for example, you switch pages in the browser (some dark, some light), then the mess starts with brightness (although its value does not change in the parameters). Beats in the eyes hard. Has anyone come across this? The system costs from July Win10 LTSB 1607

Rep: (19)
* alexpyat
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3 '' - Discussion (Post like81 # 65045388)

Rep: (1)
Priz @ 03/09/19, 22:52*
And what does MI have to do with it?
This is Microsoft Uncle Updates Launch.

And in your view, are these things mutually exclusive? Microsoft releases - xiaomi rushing? Not? at HP, I have not seen this. Or did you decide that I cannot distinguish a software manufacturer from hardware? Well, ok, consider that enlightened.

Rubkin @ 03/07/19, 09:07*
Why update? Put the assembly of ltsb a year ago and calmed down)

Do not believe it - because of security updates. Or are you using third-party security software on this laptop (= goodbye free RAM)? I don’t see the point of buying, installing other versions of the OS of the window (well, maybe if only the pro is updated).

Rep: (0)
Hello! Can windows 7 be installed on this laptop? Did someone do it? Are all the drivers found?

Rubkin @ 03/15/19, 14:20*
Well, ok, consider that enlightened.

Well then, enlighten what is the fault of MI's reaction to updates from Microsoft

Post has been editedpriz - 15.03.19, 23:23

Friends, the screen began to flicker, sometimes it switches to black (there is a backlight, the screen works, but no image). Once I even caught some kind of artifact image, such as a degrading screen print. On the Internet they write that this is a loop and that they say these problems occur only in certain positions of the screen tilt and it seems to be so, but not exactly. How to be Percent m3-7Y30
thank

Rep: (21)
* SnakeXTnTX , the wife had the same, disassembled, jerked the train and everything worked out.

Rep: (12)
Has anyone removed the casing over the process (or what should I call it), what is there, thermal grease or what is more interesting ?, maybe someone tried to change the current thermal interface to, for example, liquid metal?

Alexpyat @ 03/10/2019, 9:13 PM*
Some time ago I installed PWMtools, set it as advised 2000 Hz. Purely visual, I did not seem to notice much of the difference. Eyes at night really get tired less at low brightness levels. True, the battery goes away quickly with this program. Well, after its use, one unpleasant thing appeared that frankly infuriates and greatly interferes even when PWM is turned off. It may not be connected, but coincided in time. When using the laptop not at full brightness, a certain adjustment of brightness for lighting began to work too often. I did not even suspect the presence of auto brightness in the device. To be honest - to help this thing does not help, but it infuriates terribly. If, for example, you switch pages in the browser (some dark, some light), then the mess starts with brightness (although its value does not change in the parameters). Beats in the eyes hard. Has anyone come across this? The system costs from July Win10 LTSB 1607

Jumps of brightness are most likely related to the Intel graphics power saving mode. In Intel graphics power settings, turn off "Display Energy Saving Technology" should help.

Rep: (4)
Vivaz @ 03/18/19, 9:30 p.m.*
Jumps of brightness are most likely related to the Intel graphics power saving mode. In Intel graphics power settings, turn off "Display Energy Saving Technology" should help.

Thank you, I did just that on the advicestealth_s

Forum users help - it stopped charging, it is charging, then there is no incomprehensible situation, the charging link is on

Rep: (27)
Tell me eat options to improve wifi? on the wife of a laptop, something sad at all. on my phone 8 times faster on wifi pulls.

* @ ndrey89 ,
Drivers

Rep: (27)
Drivers

I put it from the header, something did not really help :(

* @ ndrey89 ,
Off site
through Windows update
Go to range 5

SnakeXTnTX @ 03/16/19, 20:12*
Friends, the screen began to flicker, sometimes it switches to black (there is a backlight, the screen works, but no image). Once I even caught some kind of artifact image, such as a degrading screen print. On the Internet they write that this is a loop and that they say these problems occur only in certain positions of the screen tilt and it seems to be so, but not exactly. How to be Percent m3-7Y30
thank

I had the same situation, only with the phone, first the screen flickered, then calmed down, and went out a day later, but the backlight shows that it works, like the phone itself, just does not show. So, removing and inserting the cable in my case did not help. Here, I suppose, there are three possible reasons for this behavior:
1. The connector where the cable is inserted is damaged;
2. the loop itself is damaged;
3. kayuk screen (but it is strange that the backlight is on).
If I try to change the screen and it works, then the first item disappears, and if it does not work, then the problem is somewhere deeper, in the board. After a month and a half, I can share the result.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/11/19, 15:39