> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

RoverPhone Optima 5.0 - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.0 "

Rep: (469)
DiscussionRoverPhone Optima 5.0
PictureRoverPhone Optima 5.0, Rover Optima 5.0
Discussion пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
Processor: MTK6580 Quad core 1.3GHz
Screen: 5.0 ”1280x720 IPS
RAM: 1GB
ROM: 8GB
Card slot: TF card, up to 32GB
Communications: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz and 3G UMTS 900 / 2100MHz
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b / g / n
Bluetooth: BT4.0 (A2DP + EDR)
USB: micro USB, USB 2.0
GPS: GPS
Sound:
  • Headphone port
  • Built-in speaker
  • Microphone

Camera:
  • Front camera 2.0Mpx
  • Main camera 8.0Mpx

Battery: 2000mAh
Size: 72.5 * 142.8 * 8.2mm
Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Instructions
Useful information
According to the characteristics of the phone is similar to many of the same type of phones (for exampleDoogee x5, Asus zenfone go, RoverPhone EVO 5.0).
Patch for installing root on stock (factory) firmware with stock recovery
1. Download to the SD-card, and in case of its absence in the phone’s memory:
Attached fileupdate-ROOT-UNIVERSAL.zip(5.05 MB)

(UNIVERSAL with SuperSU FREE V2.65)
2. Go to "Settings" =>"About phone" =>"Software Update"
3. In the upper right corner, press 3 points, select "Local updates"
4. Find and select our patch
5. Click "Update Now"
6. Confirm "OK"
7. The phone restarts in recovery
8. Observe the robot and the inscription "Installing a system update ..."
9. Reboot and we have root and SuperSU
Sometimes, installing a patch requires unlocking the bootloader:
"Settings" =>"For developers" and factory unlocking allow unlocking the boot loader

If during installation we get an error, try the following method:
1. Copy the file with the patch to the SD-card (on the SD-card, if this was not done before)
2. Reboot, when rebooting, hold down the "Vol +" key and wait for the boot selection menu
3. Press the "Vol +" button in the "recovery" menu and confirm the selection with the "Vol-" button. A "robot with a split belly" will appear.
4. Press the "Power" button and immediately "Vol +" until we get to the recovery menu. (not always from the first time it turns out to be pressed as it should)
5. Select the item "apply update from SD card". Navigation "Vol +" - up, "Vol -" - down, "Power" - OK
6. Select the file that we copied to the SD card and confirm the selection with the "Power" key
7. Observe the setup menu.
If it did not generate errors, then root is received. Reboot and check.

Attention! After getting root rights, you will lose the ability to install the updates that have come over the air (due to changes in the system partition when installing the root).
Sometimes, to install the updates that came, it helps to "Completely remove Root" in the SuperSU settings menu, after removing everything from the list of applications in SuperSU. Provided that in addition to the root did not change anything in / system.
To return to the stock and the ability to install the received updates, we flash only the / system partition from our version of the stock firmware in the SP Flash Tool. If the recovery was changed, then in the SP Flash Tool we also update the stock recovery.
Data is not lost. But still, do not forget to always make a backup.

SPFlashTool Firmware
TWRP 3.0.2
TWRP Recovery based on Doogee X5
Attached filerecovery.img(13.1 MB)
Example
Attached Image

Firmware for TWRP
Original theme with a donor
Firmware for TWRP based on Android One
The firmware is slightly different. Added gallery, changed Explorer and browser.
AOSP_UMI_Rome_X_V3.07

FlymeOS

Differences OverPhone Optima 5.0 and OverPhone Optima 5.0S

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedLexx808 - 12.01.19, 14:43
Reason for editing: Battery problem solving

Rep: (0)
Greetings holders devaysa! The long-awaited recovery Optima theme! I took the first brother as the cheapest (p 3900), and then could not resist and bought himself replaced forever with the birth of visnuschemu Highscreen Blast. In principle, really 3 minus the device - a weak network reception, and not 3G, and 2G, too, inadequate GPS, and the virus is not a virus, and all advertising crap on GooglePlay began to show when you connect WI-FI. It started too, not just a couple of hours of connection when installing applications. Since put what has always enjoyed, just I thought it was sewn into the firmware somewhere else experienced this, and not like a "virus" that modify system files, those "meaner" will. But on the flashing thought, now, after the reviews until the runoff will not. But the window advertising displays once closed cross and especially not interfere.
Now, regarding the GPS. Satellite takes to 9, usually 5-6, the accuracy in the "maps" and Yandex navigator is mediocre, and the online mode is who needs? Therefore NAVITEL! And here's the problem. It works more or less only to 9.6.0, but there is an annoying delay in determining the speed and position, which may take on the crossroads. All that newer works wonders: speed - 240 km / h, the food in the fields and rivers. And I used to MTK is met (except rates), were treated by the selection of versions and engineering menu here - no way. And yet the body is discharged, being enabled by powerful enough charge in the Navigator mode, making it generally useless, especially offensively so after irreproachable accuracy on any version Navitela and charging capabilities in process on Highscreen Blast, that's not hanging it!
But those who live in the zone of reliable reception, with a level of problems will not find a signal. What is interesting, it does not pass the signal from the phone to the BS, but from the BS signal is still there, you can get through, but you can not hear.

It was the banner, but disappeared) for 2 weeks do not have it. Just permanently remove add contact.

RoverCat @ 03.08.2016, 17:27*
Just permanently remove add contact.

Virus somewhere in the system application, there is no guarantee that he will not come out again.

I put the firmware with caps. Impressions are very positive. Stock Firmware - demolished immediately.
Add contact at the drain I nailed Eset internet security. Most did not see him. Well still Cyan port ...

Firmware ported from the cap. 12+ hours: app add contact does not appear; home page in the browser remains the one that I ordered; Banner on the lock screen does not appear; but feels the photo quality with the main chamber has decreased.
RoverCat @ 03.08.2016, 23:27*
It was the banner, but disappeared) for 2 weeks do not have it. Just permanently remove add contact.

Every day, self-healing application to demolish - not for me, I took myself this smart, to enjoy how I want, and not to fight the virus, reminding himself to the stone of Tantalus.
elHam @ 04.08.2016, 00:29*
Virus somewhere in the system application, there is no guarantee that he will not come out again.

I totally agree, the virus is in the system folder where the non-root usual juzverej system entrance is closed and the integrity check automatically restores the malware. In other words, developed have left us no other choice but to either modify the firmware or get used to be an acceptor for this parasite.

Post has been editedWDoctor - 04.08.16, 02:18

WDoctor @ 04.08.2016, 02:05*
photo quality with the main camera dropped

Yes, there is. User I immediately pointed to the decline in the quality. But it does not matter, then it is on the computer processes the automatic correction and everything back to normal. I offered to go to another camera application (eg Open Camera), test.

He said in rovergruppu VKontakte a problem with a virus, and received assurances that the provided firmware, postovlyaemoy supplier virus can not be, I'm the only one with this problem and offered zanogo reinstall the firmware, do not modify it, not to put Ruth and juzat bend not out play Market. Once again, I downloaded the firmware, put all the same as the last time at the same time check the size and checksum of the firmware 02.08 and from 05.08 - they coincided. 12+ hours, the virus has not proved, but fundamentally there was a Downloads folder with the file _apkms_download_png_AddContacts2_01_name_AddContacts2_01 & .dat. Now I'm curious how how it took place. The whole trick is that my wife on samsung are all the same applications + she still play, but the virus has picked up only I :)
In reality, the feeling that I - stupid sheep and Trouble in fact I have and I actually put different programs then and now.
So, most likely blocked the service which blocks malware and there is no guarantee that it is not activated again. IMHO stavte normal custom and drain fill before putting into service.

Incidentally, in the modified GPS firmware does not work. Satellites catches. Location only on wifi

Downloads folder with these files is present on both the acquired phones. Dr.web classifies as Triada.102. AddContact associated with the application. Also in the cache and shakes systool folder. The periodicity is irregular, but starts immediately after the connection. Virus that is they do not have the firmware, but in any system application spelled injection, possibly in the launcher, as more changes starting in the browser on lmuch.com, remember, was associated with a kind of "fruit" launcher, which had to be removed. I'll be back from leave, too, "thank" rovergruppu.

So this adcontact still pumps a lot of joy ... Something like browsers Manager (which is for the battery and a lot a lot)

konstax @ 05.08.2016, 21:56*
Satellites catches.

Hmm, strange kind of work. I'll be back from vacation, I check it out.

Rep: (2)
A simple solution to the problem without route-rights (in my opinion) - installation of anti-virus (to detect and remove viruses of uploaded, I downloaded the doctor VEB) + VPN application, such as Opera Max (to restrict access to internet for downloading and restoring the evil application).

Right now I'll check his theory, if I'm wrong about the reliability of the method, explain why: umnik:

K-E-R @ 10/08/2016, 7:07*
Simple ... if I'm wrong about the reliability of the method, explain why: umnik:

Phone and so is called - is not powerful, why load it with unnecessary services, which do not always work properly.

Guys like you do with GPS? Recently I tried to drive on it - a nightmare. gps locker shows almost always 0/13 satellites. Map throws an arrow, it does not go and jump over kilometers, and often throws a quarter of the way.
Just I noticed a problem with tachem. I checked multitach program. If the two clicks to make one horizontal (at the same height as the left and right click), is only one wedge. If on different planes, ie, One click a little higher than the other, it is normal

rinatrwgg @ 11.08.2016, 15:35*
Guys like you do with GPS?
rinatrwgg @ 11.08.2016, 15:35*
Just I noticed a problem with tachem.
Problems of one to one, as in other similar phones. Two touches maximum diagonally work better than in the same line. With a GPS is now in the CIS problems, long connected, data from the base stations are swinging very slowly. It is necessary to experiment with on-agps_conf, there are ready-made data is stored. More saw possible data service on the status of the satellites change to a faster, to automatically update the data. The problems and solutions can be found in the neighboring branches phones on this platform.

Elham, thank you, encouraged! Now an hour walked with gps, 95% of the time catches 0 satellites. From time to time, throw in a couple of kilometers ahead, I see on a pgs all. I gave up on the phone, and there was hope)

Rep: (1)
Hello! Where can I get drivers for the firmware via fleshtul?

agentwins @ 12.08.2016, 16:36*
Where to get the driver
  1. The forum, from similar phones.
  2. The manufacturer's website, in the archive with the firmware.

Guys, someone tried to put on this machine different ringtones for different SIM cards?

Post has been editedIraida748 - 13.08.16, 13:47

Rep: (1)
Really I did not understand how, but get rid of the virus. : D

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/12/19, 5:50